Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008

Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008

Post by fanofbones Sat May 31, 2008 6:18 am

credit for article to Setje at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

By Benji Wilson
In a taxi with David Boreanaz

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The former 'hunky vampire' has shed his fangs but still manages to put some bite into his current TV role.

There is so much about American actor David Boreanaz that screams 'alpha male' that he might as well have it tattooed on his brick-sized jaw. In fact, during our cab ride, not only does he use the phrase to describe himself several times, but he also provides ample evidence to that effect, with stories about his 1966 Mustang back home in Los Angeles, his acting education ('I have nothing against Shakespeare - but it bores the hell out of me'), his love of boxing and how he could have played American Football at college in Philadelphia. Add to this his well-built frame, and poster-boy status after his breakthrough role in cult US series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off, Angel, and you'd be forgiven for thinking that this taxi ride could be fuelled by testosterone alone.

And yet as our driver John wriggles through Soho and on to Piccadilly Circus, it turns out that there's more to Boreanaz than beef and cake. Over here to promote his latest TV triumph, the forensic drama Bones, now in its third season on Sky One, het lets slip that his favourite character on British television is the very un-glamorous Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances.

For his first stop he insists on visiting 'Hamlet's'-(which cabbie John recognises as a muddled reference to the famous London toy shop Hamley's). Boreanaz, who is married to actress and former Playboy playmate Jaime Bergman, has promised to return to America with gifts for his son Jaden, five, and talk of is boy makes Action Man go a little gooey. 'I don't spend much time with him during the day because I'm working. But when I come home I get joy out of seeing my kid asleep for five minutes, trying not to wake him up. Those moments feel like a lifetime-you want to bottle that up.'

Not only does he have a softer side, but there's an endearing, almost British sense of humour lurking in there, too. It consists of merciless mockery of almost everything that comes before him, from Smart cars ('That's not a car, that's a tuna can!') to the London Eye ('It takes half an hour to go round in a circle?'), and even you gentle correspondent : 'You do your interviews in cabs, right? Is that so I can't walk out?'

All of this will come as a surprise to fans who only know Boreanaz, now 38, from his role as Angel , a guilt-ridden vampire making amends for centuries of evil. But those who've seen him alongside Emily Deschanel in Bones, will know that Boreanaz has put the toothy teen idol far behind him. In Bones, he plays FBI speical agent Seeley Booth, a no-nonsense foil for Deschanel's cerebral forensic anthropologist Dr Temperance 'Bones' Breannan. Her brains and his biceps work in tandem to solve a CSI-type murder case and the series gets its life from the chemistry between its stars - along with a healthy dollop of Moonlighting-style wry wit.

'We focus on the relationship between Booth and Bones,' says Boreanaz. 'They're not married, but they're like an old married couple, dealing with their problems and always bickering. The sexual tension is there - they just haven't hit the sack!'

Boreanaz grew up with showbusiness around him. Born in Buffalo, New York, he was brought up in Philadelphia, where his father - also David, but known professionally as Dave Thomas - was a TV presenter and, at 71, still works as a TV weatherman.

'I don't know if I was enticed by the life, but I was always a part of it,' says Boreanaz. 'I used to go to the set, and I enjoyed the process of it and meeting the people. My father allowed me to learn from those experiences and yet somehow follow my own path.'

The path thook him to study film at Ithaca College, New York, before moving to Los Angeles to try his luck as an actor. He was 'discovered' while walking his dog in Hollywood, which tells you that his initial appeal was probably in his looks, but as cabbie John says, after we've dropped Boreanaz back at his hotel, 'Nice fella. And pretty smart. For a famous American.'
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty suzyquzy posted 02/10/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:56 am

Nane,

Thank you so much for posting the interview!!!

It is so nice to see DB appreciated across the pond.
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty tempertemper posted 02/10/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:57 am

Wow, thanks for posting *runs out to get copy of paper* Love when he's in the UK. His humour does seem to go down well here. Lush pic *swoons*
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty nane posted 02/10/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:58 am

I´m not sure, but I suspect this interview might be from middle of December because he was in UK at this time. You remember when he was at the Graham Norton Show ? But maybe he came back since it is a boring time anyways without productions
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty mereva posted 02/10/2008

Great interview! Thanks for sharing!
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty magicstar posted 02/10/2008

that was a good interview and he does have a great sense of humour. The smart cars do look like a tuna can and hyacinth bucket is tv gold. I wish he would come back more often !
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty tempertemper posted 02/11/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:59 am

Quote :nane wrote : I´m not sure, but I suspect this interview might be from middle of December because he was in UK at this time. You remember when he was at the Graham Norton Show ? But maybe he came back since it is a boring time anyways without productions.

I wondered that, but it's unlike a paper (even one as evil as the mail) to run something that old as if it's new?? Plus Bones was supposed to be restarting on Sky this month
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty magicstar posted 02/11/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:00 pm

they probably decided to hold the interview back until they knew when the show was coming back on air, keep it fresh in everyone's mind x
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty tempertemper posted 02/11/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:00 pm

On which point.. still no mention on the sky planner *fumes*
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty willgirl posted 02/12/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Great article Nane! And I love that pic too. Huminia!
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty magicstar posted 02/12/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:26 pm

temper the planner doesn't go up to the 21st yet, be patient, it will happen, i am feeling positive just keep thinking good bones thoughts and check the planner this thursday for the following thur im sure it will say 9pm bones and if it doesn't , collect some mob supplies!!!!
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty tempertemper posted 02/12/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:27 pm

I know, must be patient, must be patient!
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty cheesebk posted 02/14/2008

Post by fanofbones Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:28 pm

oh thanks for posting the article, great interview!!!
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008 Empty Re: DB interview Feb 10th 2008 in Mail on Sunday's You Magazine (UK) posted by nane on 02/10/2008

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down