Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Episodes?

+4
i_heart_bones
sparklyshoes
bones206
MI_Bonesgirl
8 posters

Go down

Favorite Episodes? Empty Favorite Episodes?

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:51 am

Now that we've seen the milestone 100th episode, I am curious to see what everyone's favorite episodes are over the years and why. I know I now see several of them in a new light since we know the true beginnings of B&B. I've limited my choices to my top 3 favorites of each season (no particular order), and honorable mentions. And pick your overall favorite at the end!

Season 1:
1-Pilot. Who can NOT love the place it all began? That firing range scene? Yeah I knew at that point this show was going to be something.
2-Two Bodies in the Lab. One of my all time favorites. Booth was so incredibly hot in this episode, and I giggle every time I hear "Dick431" I also think the rescue scene is amazing and where the B&B relationship really started.
3-The Woman in Limbo. Emily knocked this one out of the park when she broke down in the barn, and Booth comforting her and telling her "I know who you are"

Honorable mentions:
The Man in the Bear, The Man in the Fallout Shelter, The Soldier on the Grave.

Season 2:
1-Aliens in a Spaceship. Wow. Just. Wow. Everything about it.
2-The Woman in the Sand. Tony and Roxie-what else?
3-Judas on a Pole. Another emotionally deep episode. Brennan and Max, Max telling Booth to be there for Brennan, and Booth telling Brennan there is more than one kind of family.

Honorable mentions:
The Girl in the Gator (Gordon Gordon!), The Boy in the Shroud, Headless Witch in the Woods.

Season 3:
1-The Verdict in the Story-the lengths Angela would go to protect her best friend, The pain on Booth's face throughout the trial, superb acting all around
2-Santa in the Slush-The Kiss!!
3-Pain in the Heart-ZACK! Crying or Very sad This one was just overly emotional from start to finish

Honorable Mentions:
The Baby in the Bough (Adorable!), Death in the Saddle.

Season 4:
1-Fire in the Ice-Hockey Booth! Not to mention the ending-"I won't let you fall"
2-The End in the Beginning-I was ok with this one at the time, although it didn't do much for me as far a what it meant for the show's progress. Now I can really appreciate the genious behind it, and it has served as a catalyst for B&B
3-Double Death of the Dearly Departed. I know alot of people hate this one, but for me it was kind of a nice break from the norm. I found it hilarious, and I like a good comedy.

Honorable Mentions:
Mayhem on a Cross, The Bones that Foam, Con Man in the Meth Lab

Season 5:
1-Harbingers in a Fountain-A VERY strong season opener, Cyndi Lauper was amazing. So many answered questions from EitB, and another adorable rescue scene.
2-A Night at the Bones Museum-Aside from Hacker I really loved this episode. The story line was good, and I have to admit, the Brennan/Daisy bonding was kind of adorable
3-The Proof in the Pudding-Good story line, good acting, and Sniper Booth!

Honorable Mentions:
The Foot in the Foreclosure, The Goop on the Girl (Between nearly naked Booth and Zooey Deschanel, was there even a story line?), Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Baby Booth!), Dwarf in the Dirt

My overall favorite episode:
The Parts in the Sum of the Whole. Perfection. That's all. Season 5 really has been amazing and this one just opened up so much to the future of the show. The background, the acting, the ending. Just Perfect.

So-let's hear what everyone else thinks
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Favorite Episodes? Empty Re: Favorite Episodes?

Post by bones206 Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

My favorite episodes: Pretty much any episode from seasons 1+2 (Particularly The Skull in the Desert and Aliens in a Spaceship), The Parts in the Sum of the Whole, and The End in the Beginning. I realize that I've said about half the series, but Bones is a great show...
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Ooooh, tough! Okay, here goes...

Pilot
The Woman in Limbo
Aliens in a Spaceship
The Woman in the Sand
The Pain in the Heart'
The Verdict in the Story
The End in the Beginning
Harbingers in a Fountain
The Goop in the Girl
The Parts in the Sum of the Whole (obviously!)

And my all-time favourite? EitB...it's the one that got me hooked.

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:38 pm

hmmm nearly every single episode!

But if i had to choose

S1 -
Pilot
Woman in the Garden (because of the end scene)
The Man in the Fallout Shelter
The Woman in Limbo

S2
Aliens in a Spaceship
Judas on a Pole
Girl in the Gator
The Man in the Cell

S3
Mummy in the Maze
The Santa in the Slush
The Verdict in the Story
The Wannabe in the Weeds
Pain in the Heart

S4
Every episode except Double Trouble in the Panhandle and The girl in the Mask.

And every episode so far in Season 5!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gea Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 pm

If I had to choose my fav episodes I would say The Parts of the Sum of the Whole... and the Gravedigger's episodes!
Christmas' episodes were quite good too and I really love the episodes where Max, Caroline, Parker, Gordon Gordon or Jared appeared because they brought interesting storylines for B&B!
God!! I think I like every single episode of this series!!
lol!
Gea
Gea
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 57
Say What You Want : Well... I'm from Spain so English is not my native language so sorry if I make mistake writing!
And... I REALLY LOVE BONES!!!
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am

Season 1
The pilot
Two bodies in a lab
The woman in Limbo
Honorable mention to The skull in the desert

Season 2
Judas on a pole
Aliens in a spaceship
The man in the cell
Honorable mentions to The blonde in the game, and the Killer in the Concrete.

Season 3
The knight on the grid
The santa in the slush
The verdict in the story
Honorable mention to Mummy in the Maze

Season 4
The con man in the meth lab
Fire in the ice
Mayhem on a cross
Honorable mention to The End in the Beginning

Season 5 (so far)
The parts in the sum of the whole
Harbingers in the fountain
A night at the bones museum
Honorable mentions to The dwarf in the dirt, the proof in the pudding, and the Goop on the girl.

Overall favorite: tied between Judas and Parts.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by _Sunny_ Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 am

Season 1:
-Pilot
-Two Bodies in the Lab
-The Woman in Limbo

Season 2:
-Every single episode, except the Sully ones. Ew.

Season 3:
-EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Season 4:
-The Science in the Physicist
.... and every episode that follows that. Amazing.

Season 5:
-I have them all on my DVR, I watch them all the time. I adore every episode. But Goop and Parts are my two favorites.

Verdict in the Story has been my overall favorite thus far, but Parts may be creeping up there once I've allowed it to sink in a bit more. Wink
_Sunny_
_Sunny_
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 am

I love this topic, as everyone has their own favorites its sort of fun to find out what other folks like and why. I think I'll follow along with my "Top Three" as well:

Season 1:
1: Pilot - A great episode all on it's own and one of the best pilots ever made. The firing rage scene was perfect and everything about this episode is just so well done.
2: The Body in the Morgue - Here's the first time we know for sure Booth's more than a little smitten with Brennan - coming down to New Orleans to save her, the earrings, getting Caroline Julian to defend her...everything he dose for her in this episode screams "LOVE".
3: The Woman in Limbo - Booth and Brennan were on a whole other level here, and DB's portrayal of Booth as a man intent on protecting his partner (whom he loves) from all pain while being their for her through one of the darkest times of her life, was amazing. Likewise Emily's performance was a tour de force, from the Garage when she slapped Russ, to her breakdown in the Barn with Booth, the woman played our hearts like a virtuoso.

Season 2:
1: The Boy in the Shroud - Brennan's clash with Cam, Booth's attempts to mediate, the famous line "I'm with Bones Cam, all the way." How can we not love this episode?
2: The Woman in the Sand - Undercover B&B, Tony and Roxy, Brennan gambling, Booth fighting, and of course the fact that Booth seemed to know everyone in Vegas...but honestly? Booth boxing and Brennan dressed as Roxy - that's enough for me right there.
3: Judas on a Pole - A continuation of the Woman in Limbo story arc about Brennan's life - the introduction of Max, the fact that the squint squad was united behind Booth, the newfound family Brennan had won...great stuff.

Season 3:
1: The Knight on the Grid - Pt Four of the Keenan Family saga, with Max in jail, Brennan meeting Amy and her soon to be nieces, Gormogon's re-emergence, Russ getting arrested, Booth taking him to visit his family and then "saving" Russ by orchestrating the parole hearing...oh, and lets not forget Brennan kissing Booth on the cheek.
2: Santa in the Slush - Speaking of kisses, this light hearted holiday romp was just what we needed and the kiss (12 steamboats unedited actually!!!) was the highlight of shipperdom for years to come...two of them in fact.
3: The Verdict in the Story - That was a lot of heart Hart, a wonderful story that looks at how being on opposite sides of the law meant nothing for the two partners, if anything it only served to prove how strong they really were.

Season 4:
1: Conman in the Meth Lab - THE episode of Season four, we meet Jared, Brennan DATES Jared, Booth as a loser? Brennan unable to deny that's how she sees the one man who's never betrayed her or run out on her? The touching scene at his birthday where Brennan apologizes in public...this was HH's greatest gift to ficdom since "Santa in the Slush" or "The Woman in the Sand"
2: Mayhem on a Cross - Brennan's abuse in the system is made clear for the first time, plus we find out about Sweets past, Booth's near suicide as a child, and there's an appearance from GG.
3: The Girl in the Mask - Booth in Japan? East comes West? Samurai FBI Django? I loved this one, right down to the cinematic quality of the penultimate scene.

Dis-Honorable Mention: Double Death of the Dearly Departed - The single worst piece of crap ever to pass HH's desk, a script so bad I wouldn't wipe my ass with it, and so unoriginal I'm surprised the Hitchcock estate and 20th Century Fox didn't sue for plagiarism - c'mon, it was basically "Weekend at Bernie's" meets "The Trouble with Harry" for cryin' out loud - and DB singing? *shudder* The man can't carry a tune in a bucket. P.O.S. from word one and the only episode I do NOT watch again and again and again.

Season 5:
1: The Goop on the Girl - Heart touching, heart crushing, Hart Hanson knows his audience - and of course, The Scene that had ladies everywhere wishing they could be Emily Deschanel for a day, and guys wanting to kill for a chance to be David.
2: A Night at the Bones Museum - Though I'm no fan of Diedrich Bader in the role of Andrew Hacker, this is far and away on of the best episodes of Bones in S5 and the series period. Bader's Hacker, Emily's Brennan, DB's Booth - they gelled to make this the best B&B episode in years, and one that will still be in my top three at the end of this season no matter what.
3: The Proof in the Pudding - Brennan choosing Booth over Truth, proving the depth of her love for him right there, so WHY can't she admit it to him?

Honorable Mention: The Bond in the Boot - Booth's prowess as a cop is amazing, his confidence unshakeable, his desire for answers unquestionable and the fact that he was ready to arrest the assistant director of the CIA? Well as Cam says, You gotta love a self-destructive man with values.

Note - you'll notice that "The Parts in the Sum of the Whole" isn't listed. Unlike a lot of folks who are quite, for the lack of a better term, Pollyannaish about this episode, I'm less than happy with the way it ended. It was a great episode, not the best they've done, and not perfect by a long shot - Goop was better all around for character development and acting, Conman was equally impactful emotionally, Woman in Limbo was just better period. But I'm not trying to detract from what was a really good episode, there were simply too many issues raised in this flash back for me to love it, not the least of which is Brennan's rejection of Booth at the end. By in large Season 5 is the best season of Bones since S1 really, and that's saying something.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum