Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+33
Sarah9488
random82
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Gea
jcn747
ReginaPhalange
n2seeleybooth
Murphs93
simonmad
otismotis
Meegs82
Dancin' Phalanges
ashangel45
sleepless
i_heart_bones
tinkrella
MoonlightGardenias
himbeer29
monkeyfighter
bones_fanatic19
olivia
southerngirl
BumbleB89
heirofloki
THX1138
jjrobinson73
Miller259
treble21
flyersfan35
CanadianBones
DBCrazy
SnoopGirl
bugaboo628
37 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

5x16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by Murphs93 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 am

I can't stop watching the kiss and the last scene! Each time I notice tiny little things that I didn't before. Like the look on Brennan's face when she realizes what Booth is saying. And the music. The music just goes with the scene so well! It makes it so much more emotional to watch.

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

5x16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by n2seeleybooth Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:25 am

I love this show and all of the cast and the characters they potray. The way David and Emily did that last sciene I felt like I was watching real people suffering, it chrushed my heart.
n2seeleybooth
n2seeleybooth
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : Life is good
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:26 am

bones_fanatic19 wrote:Each time I watch it I love it more and more, if it is even possible to love this episode more than I already do Very Happy

I completely agree with you. Confession: I've seen it three times already and I'm watching it again tonight! It moves me more and more each time.

Everything makes so much more sense now - Brennan's reluctance to even consider a relationship with Booth or admit that he's attractive in those first seasons. The parental issues that played a part even in the beginning, though Booth didn't know it. How his gambling stopped because of her. Thank you TPTB for this episode! bowdown

I'm convinced now more than ever that these two will end up together. In a way, the dam was broken last night: they know that romantic feelings exist between each other (they kissed! thumbsup) and even though Brennan isn't ready yet, they can never go backwards. It will always be there!

Totally awesome episode!!! I can't wait for next week!
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:37 am

In the past i have no enjoyed episodes to their full potential because i have been spoiler before hand. Coming into the episode i knew what was going to happen, yet i still was so emotional. I knew he came to her and she pushed him back away, but the acting and the raw emotion just got me and the reaction i had to this scene is so weird, i have never been so attached to a scene like that, these actors are amazing. Purely amazing, and i have been angry at hart ever since tEitB (and yes i aware that i am highly childish, but he lied :O) but finally for the first time i love him!!
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:11 am

jcn747 wrote:In the past i have no enjoyed episodes to their full potential because i have been spoiler before hand. Coming into the episode i knew what was going to happen, yet i still was so emotional. I knew he came to her and she pushed him back away, but the acting and the raw emotion just got me and the reaction i had to this scene is so weird, i have never been so attached to a scene like that, these actors are amazing. Purely amazing, and i have been angry at hart ever since tEitB (and yes i aware that i am highly childish, but he lied :O) but finally for the first time i love him!!

Agreed 100%. I have a running list of "Best Hours of TV EVER" (yes, I happily wave my geek flag), and this one just jumped up to the top, baby!

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gea Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:33 am

jcn747 wrote:In the past i have no enjoyed episodes to their full potential because i have been spoiler before hand. Coming into the episode i knew what was going to happen, yet i still was so emotional. I knew he came to her and she pushed him back away, but the acting and the raw emotion just got me and the reaction i had to this scene is so weird, i have never been so attached to a scene like that, these actors are amazing.

I completely agree with that! Although I knew what was going to happen... I almost cry in the last moments! The look on Brennan's face was brilliant (Emily Deschanel is such a great actress!) when she is waiting for Booth to answer if they are going to work together (For me, that moment was the most heartbreaking) Crying or Very sad !! Or how his voice trembled when he said that he was going to move on... or the evident pain when she said "I know"
Amazing!! I watch it yesterday and I am still shocked about it! bowdown
Gea
Gea
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 57
Say What You Want : Well... I'm from Spain so English is not my native language so sorry if I make mistake writing!
And... I REALLY LOVE BONES!!!
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:39 am

Aetit wrote:
jcn747 wrote:In the past i have no enjoyed episodes to their full potential because i have been spoiler before hand. Coming into the episode i knew what was going to happen, yet i still was so emotional. I knew he came to her and she pushed him back away, but the acting and the raw emotion just got me and the reaction i had to this scene is so weird, i have never been so attached to a scene like that, these actors are amazing.

I completely agree with that! Although I knew what was going to happen... I almost cry in the last moments! The look on Brennan's face was brilliant (Emily Deschanel is such a great actress!) when she is waiting for Booth to answer if they are going to work together (For me, that moment was the most heartbreaking) Crying or Very sad !! Or how his voice trembled when he said that he was going to move on... or the evident pain when she said "I know"

Those acting skills in the last scene were absolutely phenomenal, some of the best you can get. We could see everything the characters were feeling and thinking and most of the time they hadn't said anything at all. If this episode doesn't win us at least one award, at least for the fantastic directing then I don't know what will.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:54 am

bones_fanatic19 wrote:
Aetit wrote:

Those acting skills in the last scene were absolutely phenomenal, some of the best you can get. We could see everything the characters were feeling and thinking and most of the time they hadn't said anything at all. If this episode doesn't win us at least one award, at least for the fantastic directing then I don't know what will.

I agree 100% the acting was amazing! Knowing roughly what was going to happen before hand softened the blow, so I wasn't disappointed, but David ad Emily still made that scene heartbreaking! Crying or Very sad

I'd love to see the script for the last scene, just to know if things like her pushing him away and the pleading look she gave him when she asked if they could still work together, were scripted or whether it was David and Emily improv.

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:54 am

The more I watch the episode the less I believe that Booth went home that night, instead of going into the Pool hall. I think the biggest indicator that he may be lying about it, is initially his story starts off with a lie. " I was at a gamblers anonymous meeting" and yeah, he was actually in a pool hall gambling, and the way he says the sentence " and I.......went home too" the pause in the middle is also indicative of a lie. (of course they showed what really happened on screen when he was lying about the GA meeting, and they did show him actually walking away in that scene so maybe he did walk away)

I said this in the spoiler thread, what I love about that scene is it is so ambiguous, it can be taken either way.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:26 am

This is why i think GG's advice was patience. because i think GG could see how Bones really felt, but he knew that she was not ready to risk Booths heart. I think he could see how far she had come, but that she still is not ready for that relationship so he told Booth to wait. I also think that Bones is okay with risking her heart, but is not okay with risking another's, that is how far she has come.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Very late reply because I just watched the episode but WOAH!
Amazing episode. The ending made me cry. Bones is terrified to mess it up, she's scared to death, it breaks my heart.
Brilliant episode, just brilliant and I'm hard to satisfy.
And as for whole storyline I love her pushing him away now because in the long shot Booth is not the one to go to her anymore now it's her time to go to him, which makes it so much more precious than if it would be other way around.
And not really worried about "oh maybe she'll realize it too late" because writers can't do that to us. Razz
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:07 am

LOVED IT!!!
i htink everything fit perfectly!!! In my opinion they did a great job with the continuation!
And i think they main problem people have with the continuation, was cam because she said she didnt not know Bones in titan, but i actually think it fits for these reasons

-Bones doesn't remember her, why would embarrass herself by saying she knew her
-she could have wanted to make a better impression, i mean the first time they met Bones was rude, so if Cam pretends she doesn't remember her, she can not only make a better impression but she can be a total b**** as well, kinda like pay back!
- She didn't want to be shut down again, Bones was rude so best thing is to lie ad forget about it.

And anyway, even though i think it fits, if other people dont i think you should just forget it, Cam deserves to bee in the 100th so if they have to bend it a bit, hey who cares!

also just randomly this episode puts everything into perspective, and adds a new element, the acting was great and all u guys who are unhappy about Bones rejecting him, it would have been stupid for her to say yes, because it is not in her character, her character moves slowly and does nut jump into things like that. ANd also wouldn't you all like then to not "give it a go" but get together. And also don't you think it would be better for Bones to suggest it, now the ball is in her court and it will make it better when hey get together. Once they get together, all their
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
&#9829; Maroon 5 &#9829;

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Oh one more thing, going to be cheesy and post song lyrics, that pretty much sums up Brennan's line of emotions. But that's me...I love cheesy.

You said it again
My heart's in motion
Every word feels like a shooting star
I'm at the edge of my emotions
Watchin' the shadows burnin' in the dark

And I'm in love
And I'm terrified
For the first time
And the last time
In my only life.
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by random82 Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:53 pm

that was a beautiful episode. i love how we see the changes between Booth and Bones. Im cant stop watching it and for someone who doesnt cry i was almost balling my eyes at the end. She will figure it out one day but at least it is out there in the open now. How beautiful was the quote in the ast scene.

random82

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 am

I just wanted to mention that I LOVE that Brennan influenced Booth right from the beginning and helped him to become what he is now.
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:24 am

jcn747 wrote:This is why i think GG's advice was patience. because i think GG could see how Bones really felt, but he knew that she was not ready to risk Booths heart. I think he could see how far she had come, but that she still is not ready for that relationship so he told Booth to wait. I also think that Bones is okay with risking her heart, but is not okay with risking another's, that is how far she has come.

I noticed that Stephen Fry was at the end of season celebration on Wednesday. Is it possible that GG is going to be in the season finale to help Booth and Brennan see how much of a heart person Brennan has become.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 am

Lorna Doone wrote:
jcn747 wrote:This is why i think GG's advice was patience. because i think GG could see how Bones really felt, but he knew that she was not ready to risk Booths heart. I think he could see how far she had come, but that she still is not ready for that relationship so he told Booth to wait. I also think that Bones is okay with risking her heart, but is not okay with risking another's, that is how far she has come.

I noticed that Stephen Fry was at the end of season celebration on Wednesday. Is it possible that GG is going to be in the season finale to help Booth and Brennan see how much of a heart person Brennan has become.

Lorna

I think HH said he couldn't get Stephen Fry back for the rest of the season because Stephen is working on his book and has a deadline to meet, but who knows, they could surprise us.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 am

Can I just quickly ask - where does Parker fit in with the timeline established by the 100th episode - I'm thinking Parker was a baby when B/B first met?

And that the woman who didn't like his hours was possibly (although not necessarily) Tessa?

I'm just thinking of implications and actually loving how this pre-pilot take has added so many layers to the previous 99 episodes.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am

HeyLJ wrote:Can I just quickly ask - where does Parker fit in with the timeline established by the 100th episode - I'm thinking Parker was a baby when B/B first met?

And that the woman who didn't like his hours was possibly (although not necessarily) Tessa?

I'm just thinking of implications and actually loving how this pre-pilot take has added so many layers to the previous 99 episodes.

I think it was stated that parker was 3 in the christmas episode of season 1? If so this would have him around 18 months old give or take a few months.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerHeart Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am

Slightly of topic on what you guys are chatting on but i have to say that booth and bones little snuggle at the end where she sorta nudged him before like grabbing his arm and laying her head on him and he layed his headon hers made up the whole rejection thing Smile for me anyway I love you swagger

SwaggerHeart
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 31
Say What You Want : 2010!! But what is this decade called. we had the 20's 30's ... 0's but what is it now? ... teens?
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 am

SwaggerHeart wrote:Slightly of topic on what you guys are chatting on but i have to say that booth and bones little snuggle at the end where she sorta nudged him before like grabbing his arm and laying her head on him and he layed his headon hers made up the whole rejection thing Smile for me anyway I love you swagger
Agree 100%- that spoke VOLUMES!

olivia
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gea Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:59 am

olivia wrote:
SwaggerHeart wrote:Slightly of topic on what you guys are chatting on but i have to say that booth and bones little snuggle at the end where she sorta nudged him before like grabbing his arm and laying her head on him and he layed his headon hers made up the whole rejection thing Smile for me anyway I love you swagger

Me too!! It was like... "I undestand what you have just told me and I don't put the blame on you so we should keep things exactly like it were before"
Gea
Gea
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 57
Say What You Want : Well... I'm from Spain so English is not my native language so sorry if I make mistake writing!
And... I REALLY LOVE BONES!!!
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Gea wrote:
olivia wrote:

Me too!! It was like... "I undestand what you have just told me and I don't put the blame on you so we should keep things exactly like it were before"

But is probably won't be *sniff*
Could be better though...... I love you

olivia
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 am

HeyLJ wrote:Can I just quickly ask - where does Parker fit in with the timeline established by the 100th episode - I'm thinking Parker was a baby when B/B first met?

Oh yes, many layers indeed! Very Happy

As for Parker, Booth mentioned earlier this season (I think in the one where Brennan gives them a key, sorry, the title is escaping me) that Parker is 8. So, that would make him born approximately around 2001/early 2002. 100th flashback takes place in 2004, so Parker was probably around 2.

Last edited by Meegs82 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 am

Meegs82 wrote:

Oh yes, many layers indeed! Very Happy

As or Parker, Booth mentioned earlier this season (I think in the one where Brennan gives them a key, sorry, the title is escaping me) that Parker is 8. So, that would make him born approximately around 2001/early 2002. 100th flashback takes place in 2004, so Parker was probably around 2.

Yep that's about right!
In the man in the fallout shelter I think Booth says Parker is 4, so a year before the pilot he would be like 2 or 3!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum