Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th

+6
treble21
SwaggerHeart
ShannonQuinn
talkaboutbones
olivia
spygrl
10 posters

Go down

Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th Empty Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th

Post by spygrl Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Okay... I have been thinking about this and I would like everyone's opinion.

Sweets original idea for his book was to figure out why they work together so well even though they were so different Sweets: You work well together but you shouldn't (Judas)

His conclusion, was that they worked well together because they were in love. (Dwarf)

He was confronted with the concept that they weren't all that different fundamentally by Gordon Gordon (Mayhem) so that had to have some impact on the editing of his book.

My thought is that he concludes in the final version of the book that because they are afraid to mess up the team dynamic that solves the murders that is very important to the make up of each of them, they sublimate their feelings of love. This causes them to teeter on the edge of that symbiotic relationship constantly, trying not to rock the boat so that their partnership remains stable.

Then let's get to the 100th. At this point we know that they are telling the story to show how his book is "wrong"

So my question is, what exactly is it in the book that they are trying disprove through their story. Is it that they aren't "in love"? Is it that they didn't like each other to begin with? Is it that after the edits post Gordon Gordon, Sweets concludes they are very alike and so they want to prove that they aren't?

(I really just wanted to open up a theoretical thread about the book, but I didn't know where to put it Smile )
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th Empty Re: Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th

Post by olivia Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:42 am

spygrl wrote:Okay... I have been thinking about this and I would like everyone's opinion.

Sweets original idea for his book was to figure out why they work together so well even though they were so different Sweets: You work well together but you shouldn't (Judas)

His conclusion, was that they worked well together because they were in love. (Dwarf)

He was confronted with the concept that they weren't all that different fundamentally by Gordon Gordon (Mayhem) so that had to have some impact on the editing of his book.

My thought is that he concludes in the final version of the book that because they are afraid to mess up the team dynamic that solves the murders that is very important to the make up of each of them, they sublimate their feelings of love. This causes them to teeter on the edge of that symbiotic relationship constantly, trying not to rock the boat so that their partnership remains stable.
Then let's get to the 100th. At this point we know that they are telling the story to show how his book is "wrong"

So my question is, what exactly is it in the book that they are trying disprove through their story. Is it that they aren't "in love"? Is it that they didn't like each other to begin with? Is it that after the edits post Gordon Gordon, Sweets concludes they are very alike and so they want to prove that they aren't?

(I really just wanted to open up a theoretical thread about the book, but I didn't know where to put it Smile )

I think you are right this will be Sweets hypothesis, that the fear is of messing up the partnership, and i think they will try to disprove his theory by denying that they are in love. Because, as they theroize, you can't be in love if you hated each other from the start (or shortly after the start).

But I think the episode will conclude that they are in love (duh) but the fear they have is not just about ruining the partnership, but about screwing up the whole squint dynamic. I think this is how all the others will come into this story. Just a thought...

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th Empty Re: Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th

Post by talkaboutbones Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:32 am

I thought they wanted to correct Sweets' assumption that they didn't like each other from the start and that's why they tell him how they met and contrary to his beliefs they actually were attracted, it only turned out bad afterwards. I think the reason why they go to Sweets and talk about their past so enthusiastically is to have him come to a different conclusion thus they don't have to face it as it is. I don't think there will be any confessions of love at the end of the story. Maybe they'll start contemplating the possibility of a relationship but I don't see any concrete steps being taken just because they looked into the past. Probably some things will surface that they actually didn't know about each other (I for example would imagine that Brennan did something for Booth during their first case together that he didn't know about until now and when he finds out, he realizes that Brennan might have loved him a bit more than he ever imagined).
talkaboutbones
talkaboutbones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 32
Say What You Want : BB 2gether 4ever
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://talkaboutbones.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sweets Book - and it's importance in the 100th Empty Sweets Book

Post by ShannonQuinn Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 am

I agree somewhat. I think that Sweets is going to say that they were attracted to each other FROM THE START. That they supress their feelings for each other because they do not want to ruin their work relationship and work dynamic, yadda,yadda, yadda. I think he's going to say that the reason that neither of them have been involved in a serious relationship with other people is that they are in love with each other. I think THAT is what B/B are going to disagree with, that they are in love with each other and that is why they do not see other people. I think B/B are going to tell Sweets about their first meeting because they hated each other right away. (But of course they didn't, I mean who are we kidding, I mean really) I think that is going to lead B/B to prove Sweets wrong by telling the story and going out with other people. (Brennan with, barf, Hacker and Booth with a female doctor played by Rena Sofer) Of course you know they will realize that essentially they are dating each other -Brennan, FBI guy and Booth with attractive doctor, and they will realize in the finale that Sweets was right all along! (Oh you know they will hate to admit that!) That's my theory anyway! tongue
ShannonQuinn
ShannonQuinn
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : I am a crime show junkie! I love them all, especially BONES!! I also love NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY, Criminal Minds, Rizzoli & Isles, Law & Order SVU, Cold Case (sad that it was canceled), The Mentalist, and many more.
Registration date : 2010-03-12

https://www.facebook.com/ShannonCQuinn

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerHeart Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:23 am

Im not even going to attempt as im always wrong... Id be the worst gambler ever Laughing

But all i think about when sweets book comes up in discussion is the fact that if it was real i would so be buying it Razz i know a slightly odd little fantasy but thats the kinda craazzy life i lead Very Happy

SwaggerHeart
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 31
Say What You Want : 2010!! But what is this decade called. we had the 20's 30's ... 0's but what is it now? ... teens?
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Funny this was brought up today, there are interviews about the 100th episode put up tonight and it turns out Sweet's factual error that B/B are looking to correct is that he assumed their first case was Cleo Eller ( ie. the pilot) and they feel like any conclusions based on that are incorrect.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 am

treble21 wrote:Funny this was brought up today, there are interviews about the 100th episode put up tonight and it turns out Sweet's factual error that B/B are looking to correct is that he assumed their first case was Cleo Eller ( ie. the pilot) and they feel like any conclusions based on that are incorrect.

Yep! At least now I know what starts it all!
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 am

spygrl wrote:
treble21 wrote:Funny this was brought up today, there are interviews about the 100th episode put up tonight and it turns out Sweet's factual error that B/B are looking to correct is that he assumed their first case was Cleo Eller ( ie. the pilot) and they feel like any conclusions based on that are incorrect.

Yep! At least now I know what starts it all!

You had incredibly good timing on the topic Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:44 am

yes i noticed that too! So....maybe they aren't disagreeing with sweets conclusion as we thoughts, but disagreeing with his findings b/c their first case was in fact a year before and not the pilot. that makes sense. it's funny that DB comes out and says that but hart evades it by saying "they disagree about something important." wonder if DB said too much lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ShannonQuinn Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:08 am

If this is true, then they are NOT even going to debate that they are in love? Awesome!
ShannonQuinn
ShannonQuinn
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : I am a crime show junkie! I love them all, especially BONES!! I also love NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY, Criminal Minds, Rizzoli & Isles, Law & Order SVU, Cold Case (sad that it was canceled), The Mentalist, and many more.
Registration date : 2010-03-12

https://www.facebook.com/ShannonCQuinn

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 am

i mean who knows....they could debate it. i could see brennan saying "well.....since you had the facts wrong...that makes your entire scientific process skewed....blah blah blah." lol but....the way DB said it made it sound like they were going there to say how wrong he was about their first meeting so I guess we'll see! it's better though than what i thought because i assumed they were simply going to say "hey, we're not in love!" maybe sweets assumed that too and then is blown away by their first encounter because it's even more obvious they are in love after they describe it.

whatever happens....i think it will be HUGE in terms of where the rest of the season is headed.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:25 pm

I knew they were not going to try and prove to Sweet they were not in love, YAY!! i never get anything right, Very Happy
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm

tinkrella wrote:i mean who knows....they could debate it. i could see brennan saying "well.....since you had the facts wrong...that makes your entire scientific process skewed....blah blah blah." lol but....the way DB said it made it sound like they were going there to say how wrong he was about their first meeting so I guess we'll see! it's better though than what i thought because i assumed they were simply going to say "hey, we're not in love!" maybe sweets assumed that too and then is blown away by their first encounter because it's even more obvious they are in love after they describe it.

whatever happens....i think it will be HUGE in terms of where the rest of the season is headed.

Exactly!!! Very Happy
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by cynthia_brennanite Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:25 pm

what I don't get though is this: if they are actually "kind of" admitting that they are in love in this 100th (which we all know is Sweets' book conclusion) then why would they go on and date some other people later on the season like it has been stated on spoilers and all kinds of interviews...isn't that supposed to set things straight between them?
cynthia_brennanite
cynthia_brennanite
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 71
Say What You Want : I'M A HUGE BONES FAN FOR PR, BUT I GUESS OVER HERE WE ALL ARE! SO I FEEL @ HOME....LOL! JUST MAKING NEW FRIENDS WHO SHARE THE SAME PASSION FOR B&B...
Registration date : 2010-02-13

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Nothing is ever clear-cut with these two. My guess is that the whole dating-other-people thing is going to be an experiment of Sweets. Since they'll probably still be scared about moving forward in THEIR relationship, he's going to tell them to go date other people and then see how they feel about that. Just my guess tho! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:59 pm

i think they date other people because they have self revelations where booth realises he loved bones al along, and bones realise that what she feels for booth is love. i think that they then get a little to close when they are "married" in death of the queen bee. i also think that episode will be major dejavu from the coma/dream, this will then cause them to run from each other because they are afraid of falling for someone who who in their opinion doesn't or cant love them back. The thought literally "losing to much self control", and loving someone who they cant be with scares them enough to date other people.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum