Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zap2it Have B&B Already Hooked Up?

+15
otismotis
ReginaPhalange
jcn747
dawnsfire
THX1138
MoonlightGardenias
treble21
tinkrella
anteater
jjrobinson73
dovepage
spygrl
mereva
olivia
bugaboo628
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zap2it Have B&B Already Hooked Up? Empty Zap2it Have B&B Already Hooked Up?

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:48 am

Oh boy....watch the video.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"What if the upcoming 100th episode flashback reveals that Booth and Brennan have already hooked up? Like, during their first case, a year before the pilot. Have we been asking the wrong questions about this pair all along?"
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Zap2it Have B&B Already Hooked Up? Empty Re: Zap2it Have B&B Already Hooked Up?

Post by olivia Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:55 am

bugaboo628 wrote:Oh boy....watch the video.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"What if the upcoming 100th episode flashback reveals that Booth and Brennan have already hooked up? Like, during their first case, a year before the pilot. Have we been asking the wrong questions about this pair all along?"

I think we all sort of expect this right? I just want it done well!

ETA: on second thought....didn't bones specifically say Booth had no direct knowledge of her skills in the bedroom? (I think it was in soccer mom in the minivan?) and booth also questioned brennan's sexual skills in DTitP....so they couldn't have had sex right?

Last edited by olivia on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 am

I think we all sort of expect this right?
Nope. Not in my book. If they hooked up in that prequel and TPTB tortured us 5 years with all this "will they - won't they" and all those other relationships, I would be very, VERY disappointed. I'd be really pissed, actially.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:23 am

mereva wrote:
I think we all sort of expect this right?
Nope. Not in my book. If they hooked up in that prequel and TPTB tortured us 5 years with all this "will they - won't they" and all those other relationships, I would be very, VERY disappointed. I'd be really pissed, actially.

In the pilot, Brennan is the angry one, (and given my two example above) no hook up...perhaps he shot her down???

olivia
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 am

olivia wrote:

ETA: on second thought....didn't bones specifically say Booth had no direct knowledge of her skills in the bedroom? (I think it was in soccer mom in the minivan?) and booth also questioned brennan's sexual skills in DTitP....so they couldn't have had sex right?

Yes.. Brennan said it in the episode with the mom in the minivan... Booth's FBI mentor guy said something along the lines of "She must be dynamite in the bed for you to put up with her"

Bren replies with something along the lines of "I am, but Booth has no direct knowledge of it"
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dovepage Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 am

Nope they haven't hooked up yet, but they may have been attracted to each other way back when and pushed those feeling down so they could work together. I think when they first met they were both seeing others, attracted to each other but could not enter into a relationship because of their current attachments.

Last edited by dovepage on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : finish thought on thoery)
dovepage
dovepage

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 am

I don't know. They have said the 100th will be crucial....so there could have been something there. But I don't see HH slipping up like that and having true blue fans point out from past episodes where they have reiterated there never was a sexual relationship between them. There was something there obviously, it has been eluded to before. So, I am eagerly awaiting the 100th episode. Ugh!
Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:16 am

jjrobinson73 wrote:I don't know. They have said the 100th will be crucial....so there could have been something there. But I don't see HH slipping up like that and having true blue fans point out from past episodes where they have reiterated there never was a sexual relationship between them. There was something there obviously, it has been eluded to before. So, I am eagerly awaiting the 100th episode. Ugh! Jenn

This is an understatemnt to say the least Very Happy Killing me over here nervous

olivia
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:19 am

"Hooked up" means so many things. It could be anything from kiss to have sex. I'm quite certain that they kissed but I don't think they have had sex. Brennan said in season 3 that she is very good in bed but that Booth had not direct knowledge of that fact (still love that line).
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:07 am

They could have deff kissed and realized or thought it was a mistake or something and it created all this tension we see in the pilot. i sort of think it'll be more about the actual feelings though rather than anything physical happening. you know how memories have a way of changing over time, especially when you try to compartmentalize or say "oh i didn't really feel that way?" I bet they liked each other way more than either of them want to admit and going over their first case makes them remember/realize all that.

Whatever it is, i just hope it is consistent with the rest of the show. them sleeping together will tick me off because we've had no hints or anything that they went there. Unless they were drunk and don't remember lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:13 am

I don't think that the the line that Brennan says about Booth having "no direct knowledge" of her skills in bed, can really be taken as the gospel on whether or not B/B slept together. For one thing she actually stutters it a little bit as if she is uncomfortable with the subject, for another if they had slept together and had never told anyone why in the world would Brennan or Booth admit it to a co-worker of Booths? Also Caroline is in the 100th and I'm still waiting to see how they work that out, if they rewrite history and put her in scenes with Brennan they could def do it for B/B and given my rationalization and dismissal of Brennan's comment , IMO the Caroline thing would be a way bigger continuity error.

That all being said, I'm firmly in the "they didn't sleep together" camp. Just not for the reason that Brennan said so. I just don't think that the writers would go there. I do however think they had a hot ass kiss Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:53 am

See, for me having them sleep together before the pilot would feel like a total cop out to me. It's not even just the fact that they've denied being together for the longest time now. All of those moments we've had; the Booth speeches about love being worth it and of course, "breaking the laws of physics"...all of the moments of them growing more comfortable around one another, practically touching, it just felt (and still does) like part of their path toward one another and reaching the moment when it finally "happens".

That being said, I don't discredit the idea that they could have kissed and maybe have been heading in that direction before one of them nixed the idea.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:08 am

The kissing thing is a deff possibility. I wonder if he was the one who stopped it/nixed it whatever and that made her shut off form him completely. she is VERY adamant in those early season one episodes that she is in no way attracted to booth and I think that is just her hyper-rational mind living in denial. He clearly had some impression on her if she wrote him into her very first book!!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:10 am

and emily said they were working on a slap scene. do you think that is in the 100th? and if so, the past or present? I'm assuming the past. I would love to know what causes her to hit him.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:34 am

Maybe he's the one who comes onto her? I don't know if that's a possibility or not, but it seems like it could happen.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:53 am

Oh ho ho ho...I can't help it but I did predict EXACTLY this when the sides for the 100th episode first came out. I maintain that it is a distinct possibility that Booth and Brennan had an intimate experience (not necessarily full on sex, though that's most likely) during their first case together, and the aftermath of the event leads to an argument between Booth and Brennan that has them both vowing to pretend like that night never happened, and Brennan claiming she'll never work with him again. The resulting tension, Brennan's seeming hatred of Booth at the start of S1, Booth's surly attitude and cutting demeanor when she does try to be nice, all fits with two co-workers struggling to come to grips with a one night stand gone wrong. In fact it fits everything, it explains all the sexual tension - working around someone you've had sex with when it ends badly is so not fun - also ties in with her denial to Caroline (Brennan stumbling over her words), or the looks she gave him in PitH (it's Booth, if she'd really never seen him naked before do you honestly think she'd have just 'glanced'?).

Anyway I don't see this as a problem (I know Mereva, I know) but before you all gather to pelt me with rocks and rotten fruit or accuse me of being in league with the prince of darkness (HH), I honestly think it makes Booth's reluctance to believe Brennan loves him make more sense. He's hopelessly in love with her and has been for over five years, and for that entire time he's labored under the belief she not only doesn't love him but at one time actively hated him, and because of that one night he's reluctant to take a chance on them as a couple because if he's wrong he knows exactly what will happen - because it's already happened once before.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 pm

hmm...you do pose an interesting theory. one no one has given me good evidence to support before.

hmmm....it does bring about a good case for booth and brennan (especially) booth to think "we could never be together look how wrong it went then..." remember brennan (and booth) were very different then. Brennan was all about rational behavior. She could probably have definitely had a one night stand with him and not thought twice about it. She could have rationalized it in such a way that she even pushed it out of her mind. They could have sworn never to mention it again...except it was on her mind. It made it into her books. She described the agent (as angela says) "all button down but raging sexually underneath."

I wonder if like.....they meet, they are attracted to each other. They flirt....get drunk....do whatever...but then as they work together realize they are completely different and drive each other crazy to such an extent that they part ways "hating" each other. Sweets...in his book may have assumed they hated each other from the get go, and in proving that wrong, booth and brennan remember exactly why they thought it couldn't work out.

but, at the same time, they are both overly aware of their feelings and it leaves them in a odd spot. To booth it just proves what he already feared and to brennan it leaves her questioning herself and love. She then takes that to the extreme and agrees to see hacker to test out her new found feelings (as any rational scientist would) and booth feeling hopeless....decides to accept catherine's offer.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Oh, we've talked about this many, many times. Personally, I wouldn't object if they had some torrid encounter in the very beginning and then lied like Hell about it later. The Christmas kiss could be taken as her chance to see what kissing him's like on a lighter note, none of this anger/frustration-inspired passion. Admittedly, we've also talked about if it was just a come-on that went nowhere for whatever reason. It could change our perspective on so many things, either way!

But I do like your twist on it, how Sweets' book sets off the bomb:
tinkrella wrote:I wonder if like.....they meet, they are attracted to each other. They flirt....get drunk....do whatever...but then as they work together realize they are completely different and drive each other crazy to such an extent that they part ways "hating" each other. Sweets...in his book may have assumed they hated each other from the get go, and in proving that wrong, booth and brennan remember exactly why they thought it couldn't work out.

but, at the same time, they are both overly aware of their feelings and it leaves them in a odd spot. To booth it just proves what he already feared and to brennan it leaves her questioning herself and love. She then takes that to the extreme and agrees to see hacker to test out her new found feelings (as any rational scientist would) and booth feeling hopeless....decides to accept catherine's offer.
Rob, we shall just have to stand fast. knight But then, you knew I pretty much agreed with you. (Now where did I put that armor?)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:19 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Oh, we've talked about this many, many times. Personally, I wouldn't object if they had some torrid encounter in the very beginning and then lied like Hell about it later. The Christmas kiss could be taken as her chance to see what kissing him's like on a lighter note, none of this anger/frustration-inspired passion. Admittedly, we've also talked about if it was just a come-on that went nowhere for whatever reason. It could change our perspective on so many things, either way!

But I do like your twist on it, how Sweets' book sets off the bomb:
tinkrella wrote:I wonder if like.....they meet, they are attracted to each other. They flirt....get drunk....do whatever...but then as they work together realize they are completely different and drive each other crazy to such an extent that they part ways "hating" each other. Sweets...in his book may have assumed they hated each other from the get go, and in proving that wrong, booth and brennan remember exactly why they thought it couldn't work out.

Rob, we shall just have to stand fast. knight But then, you knew I pretty much agreed with you. (Now where did I put that armor?)

queen
As always my Queen, I count myself blessed to stand fast in thy company, and if we be but two against the rising tide then let us screw our courage to the sticking point and meet the host with heads held high, for I would wish no other company on such a day, an' the greater share of honor shall we have for our labours.

king RM
knight knight

Okay, watching Henry V may have influenced me, but after the day I had I needed a little Crispen's Day boost.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!
knight
E'en as Boadicea took sword in hand 'gainst Caesar's mighty army and thought it foul scorn to give way, so too do I rise from my couch and, imitating the tigress, stand fast. The game's afoot; let us follow our spirit and defy the very tide itself!

queen

How's that? (I'll see your Agincourt and raise you Harfleur! Which is closer to my day.)
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Aye, then cry "havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war, for we stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start to shake the firmament, that our clamor might rouse the slumbering angels, ere all hell shall stirs for this!

firedevil RM

Actually that's pretty impressive. So I'll see your harfleur and raise you one...um, thingy.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 pm

When Bones said booth had no direct knowledge of her skills i the bed, i got the impression she could have been a bot bitter about it, maybe there almost hooked up but fro whatever reason booth stuffed it up, and bones got pissed at him, just a thought.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:19 am

I like the idea that they come *thisclose* to having sex when they first meet, but someone (Booth, I'm thinking) stops it before the act is done. To me, that would create the initial hard feelings and resentment between them. If they already had sex, then it would just be awkward and uncomfortable. I got the impression in the pilot that there was more resentment there than discomfort, but maybe that's just me. Plus, these past years of sexual tension make more sense to me if they haven't done it before.

And honestly, if they had sex in the beginning it had to be phenominal (it is Booth and Bones, after all), so them denying themselves for five years after the fact doesn't make sense to me. Shocked

Either way, as long as I see real B&B action on the screen - no matter what the time period - I will be one happy lady!
cheers
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 am

It would be interesting if they came super close. Like they are arguing/bickering/possibly drunk and they just have one of those against the wall tear each others clothes off encounters until booth stops it. no matter what his reasoning, brennan would probably take it super literally and as a complete rejection and then that sets off what we saw in the pilot. she shuts down from him, refuses to work with him....ect. ect.

The two of them were so different then too. Booth could have still been gambling...or dealing with rebecca/parker issues...we really have no idea on a timeline for any of that. And it seems like bones meets angela in this episode. So we have to assume brennan is completely different too. Imagine her pre-angela? I don't even know if I can. I think I'm more excited to see how far the characters have come than anything.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by otismotis Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 am

Okay, how about getting physical......Booth made her angry and she tried or did slap him. If she tired, he stopped her cold, but definitely invaded her personal space. Also, Booth knows Caroline, but Caroline did not meet Bones until New Orleans, at least that is the way I interpret that episode.
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum