Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot

+3
Meegs82
anteater
bugaboo628
7 posters

:: News

Go down

'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot Empty 'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Congrats Hart!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot Empty Re: 'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot

Post by anteater Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Yay for Hart! But this makes me think that Bones is only going to Season 6 and then its done...which makes me sad. pale
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot Empty Re: 'Bones' creator joins Fox's 'Guilty' pilot

Post by Meegs82 Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:49 pm

No, no, no! When creators start getting involved in other projects, they don't have as much time for their original projects (in this case, Bones) and it can get BAD and FAST. Alias is THE perfect example. JJ Abrams signed on to do Lost and Alias flopped. This makes me a bit nervous.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:50 pm

anteater wrote:Yay for Hart! But this makes me think that Bones is only going to Season 6 and then its done...which makes me sad. pale

Oh, I don't think it'll be done after S6, I think it'll just suffer without HH. Although, with some of the decisions he's made in the past, perhaps it'll be a good thing? There are too many fans and viewers for it to be done after S6.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:56 am

I actually do hope it only lasts up to S6. I just...this particular show, more than six seasons...It seems like a bad idea. JMVHO, of course.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:30 am

Not every pilot that is being made gets picked up for a regular series... I guess only a minority is getting picked up. I don't want HH to fail w/ the pilot. I just think it is too early to worry about him having to split his time between Bones and something else. Though it is beyond me how someone can even consider spending less time with Bones than possible Wink

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 am

heirofloki wrote:I actually do hope it only lasts up to S6. I just...this particular show, more than six seasons...It seems like a bad idea. JMVHO, of course.

I have actually been leaning in this direction lately. Seriously, they canNOT drag this out for 10 seasons like they did with The X-Files. I would like to see it go thru S7 and then be done. However, if ratings stay BIG and people keep watching, Fox will probably keep picking it up and I fear that it might start entering the X-Files territory.

Why can't all the shows do it like BSG? 4 seasons and not 1 bad episode (ok, Black Market, but that's it!).
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 am

Meegs82 wrote:
anteater wrote:Yay for Hart! But this makes me think that Bones is only going to Season 6 and then its done...which makes me sad. pale

Oh, I don't think it'll be done after S6, I think it'll just suffer without HH. Although, with some of the decisions he's made in the past, perhaps it'll be a good thing? There are too many fans and viewers for it to be done after S6.

No but then every little thing he has ever said would be resolved might not be if he isn't there!
The show would definitely lose it without HH.
That being said i don't think he would sideline bones...it's his baby!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 am

i_heart_bones wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:

No but then every little thing he has ever said would be resolved might not be if he isn't there!
The show would definitely lose it without HH.
That being said i don't think he would sideline bones...it's his baby!

Let's hope not. Alias was JJ Abrams' baby and that turned into a bit of a mess. Of course, Jennifer Garner had something to do with that.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 am

I don't know...I liked Alias' latter seasons a lot better than the third. In fact, the third season pretty much never happened as far as I'm concerned. It- it's just better that way. *shakes bad memories away*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:15 pm

heirofloki wrote:I don't know...I liked Alias' latter seasons a lot better than the third. In fact, the third season pretty much never happened as far as I'm concerned. It- it's just better that way. *shakes bad memories away*

I guess what I mean is that it ended so soon 'cuz JJ had other things going on plus Jennifer Garner pulled her "I don't want to work with Michael Vartan" stunt. Although, I still wonder how much of that was true. It would have been nice to have it for another couple of seasons. I think 7 is a good number for a lot of shows...others, less is more (BSG).
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 pm

It makes me sad to think Bones could be over within the next...year or two, but I agree there's only so much more they can do. I do have to say though that if season 6 will indeed be the last there's some things that need picking up. We haven't really had any "filler" episodes this season, but still. The pace towards the inevitable could start moving a bit faster.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down