Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brennan's highschool reunion?

+9
19ana89
mereva
Meegs82
ToZiKa
HeyHey
DBCrazy
ReginaPhalange
MoonlightGardenias
treble21
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brennan's highschool reunion? Empty Brennan's highschool reunion?

Post by treble21 Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 am

Stephan Nathan tweeted this gem last night "Brennan's high school reunion. What's worse, murder or old classmates? "

I really like this idea, it's got all sorts of possibilities!!!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Brennan's highschool reunion? Empty Re: Brennan's highschool reunion?

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:25 am

I saw that last night. I have to admit I actually kind of like the idea. Booth would have to go with of course, which would mean awkward situations would ensue. Unless of course they were an already established couple, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 am

Yay! I love this idea!

It would be interesting if there was a murder before a reunion and they go to follow up on leads. It would be even more interesting if the victim was a friend or nemisis of hers!

In any case, it's a great chance for Booth to learn more about her past and who she is. Smile
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 am

I know I've read a fic out there like this!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:05 am

I love this idea. SO much.

Potential for a slow dance. There has to be, right?

Unless they're about to dance and the body is discovered.... boooo!

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 am

I've read about 15 fics about this idea.....most of them were crap, but there were a few really good ones too.
It does sound like a good idea though.
They would have to explain the whole 'just partners' thing all the time.....he would get to know more about her past.....some dancing could happen......maybe even some ex-cheerleader trying to flirt with Booth.....jealousy.....oh the possibilities.
I really shouldn't get my hopes up though. You never know what HH and SN will come up with.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:53 pm

LOVE this idea too!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

The idea is a bit fanfiction-ish to me because I read so many stories about B/B high school reunions. But it really could be interesting as long as Booth won't get seduced by some blone cheerleader. Very Happy And... old classmates could be terrible! Even though (and especially because) Brennan is so successful now.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 am

So, is this going to be an episode this season?
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by SocksNTies Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:17 am

I hope Booth encounters the guy who pulled the brainy smurf joke on Brennan. I'm not sure if Booth would punch him in the nose or shake his hand.

SocksNTies
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by SocksNTies Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 am

The only potential hitch I see to this scenario is that one does not usually attend a high school reunion unless one graduated from said school. Brennan went into foster care at age 15, and bounced around between various foster families from then on. I doubt she attended the same high school long enough to make any real enemies or friends before graduating, and I doubt she graduated from the same school she attended before her parents disappeared.

SocksNTies
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

DBCrazy wrote:I know I've read a fic out there like this!
There are a few actually, one of the better ones is [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. There's a sequel to it that's not finished, but was pretty good as well. I love the idea of a HS reunion for both of them - Booth's 20th should be coming up this year in fact. Hmmm.

Wonder how Brennan would handle running into his old flames, especially if they're together then.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 pm

SocksNTies wrote:The only potential hitch I see to this scenario is that one does not usually attend a high school reunion unless one graduated from said school. Brennan went into foster care at age 15, and bounced around between various foster families from then on. I doubt she attended the same high school long enough to make any real enemies or friends before graduating, and I doubt she graduated from the same school she attended before her parents disappeared.
I agree. I did think about writing one myself a while back and that's ultimately why I didn't. And given her feelings about certain social activities and the relatively short time she probably spent at each school, she has no reason to be interested in one.
Theoretically, she should have just had her 15th in 2009, assuming she didn't graduate early.
THX1138 wrote:Booth's 20th should be coming up this year in fact. Hmmm.
Yep. And he's far more likely to attend one than Brennan imo. Should I be taking that hmmm seriously? Very Happy

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
SocksNTies wrote:The only potential hitch I see to this scenario is that one does not usually attend a high school reunion unless one graduated from said school. Brennan went into foster care at age 15, and bounced around between various foster families from then on. I doubt she attended the same high school long enough to make any real enemies or friends before graduating, and I doubt she graduated from the same school she attended before her parents disappeared.
I agree. I did think about writing one myself a while back and that's ultimately why I didn't. And given her feelings about certain social activities and the relatively short time she probably spent at each school, she has no reason to be interested in one.
Theoretically, she should have just had her 15th in 2009, assuming she didn't graduate early.
Yes, that's my only issue with Brennan HS reunion fics and it all goes back to the question of her time in the system.

Rolling Eyes *groan* Mad *ugh* No *not this again*

SHHH! Quiet down people, class is in session and there'll be a quiz later so pay attention! Now of course if we're talking a Brennan HS Reunion they can only pull it off if they do it one of two ways - one they go back and say 'yes, she really did have a grandpa, or someone pretending to be a grandpa, who got her out of the system after a year and so she went to the same HS for at least two years' (assuming she didn't graduate early) and they can have a reunion. Of course that begs the question where the hell has he been and why, exactly, is she so traumatized since she actually had some family (or someone acting like family) to get her out of the system? Anything HH comes up with going down that road will be tricky at best and require a lot, I mean a LOT, of thought and pre-planning. Neither of which are Hart's strong suite now are they? So we don't really want that option.

Option two - MY THEORY: Brennan lied about Gramps and spent three years in the system - hence the socialization issues she has now - and as a ward of the state it would have been difficult, not impossible but very difficult, for her to graduate early. In this scenario she may have spent as much as six months at her last school, enough to have some memories but not enough to care being the academic she was then, and gets the invitation simply because she is THAT Temperance Brennan. Then of course Booth will be the one to get her to go, she'll insist he go with her since she won't want to go alone, he'll be secretly thrilled and then mayehm ensues. The big benefit of this one is it fits what we know, makes perfect sense and, oh yeah, it's MY idea.

Obviously HH will go for option one.

Yep. And he's far more likely to attend one than Brennan imo. Should I be taking that hmmm seriously? Very Happy

queen
I wouldn't discount that hmmm because I've got a story seed there and that means unless someone else *cough* Sherry *cough* *cough* Dawn *cough* decides to do it I'll have to now. Of course Booth at a HS reunion will be in his element. That would be something to see, and I can see Brennan being both smitten by him (she always finds it cute when he's like that) as well as depressed by the memmories since it'll just reinforce the differences between them.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 pm

THX1138 wrote:SHHH! Quiet down people, class is in session and there'll be a quiz later so pay attention! Now of course if we're talking a Brennan HS Reunion they can only pull it off if they do it one of two ways - one they go back and say 'yes, she really did have a grandpa, or someone pretending to be a grandpa, who got her out of the system after a year and so she went to the same HS for at least two years' (assuming she didn't graduate early) and they can have a reunion. Of course that begs the question where the hell has he been and why, exactly, is she so traumatized since she actually had some family (or someone acting like family) to get her out of the system? Anything HH comes up with going down that road will be tricky at best and require a lot, I mean a LOT, of thought and pre-planning. Neither of which are Hart's strong suite now are they? So we don't really want that option.
Somewhere on this site is a tweet from HH or SN that states there was a grandfather or grandfather figure. *sigh* Then I'm running with him not showing up very early, and possibly near the end; if it was sooner, he couldn't have been a very outgoing, affectionate type or she might have turned out a little differently. Never mind--I can save that line of discussion.

Option two - MY THEORY: Brennan lied about Gramps and spent three years in the system - hence the socialization issues she has now - and as a ward of the state it would have been difficult, not impossible but very difficult, for her to graduate early. In this scenario she may have spent as much as six months at her last school, enough to have some memories but not enough to care being the academic she was then, and gets the invitation simply because she is THAT Temperance Brennan. Then of course Booth will be the one to get her to go, she'll insist he go with her since she won't want to go alone, he'll be secretly thrilled and then mayehm ensues. The big benefit of this one is it fits what we know, makes perfect sense and, oh yeah, it's MY idea.

I like your idea, though--a lot. But you know, some reunions are sponsored by the school's official alumni association that sends out invites to everyone they can track down. So it might not be some former prom queen-slash-cheerleader who suddenly realizes that "hey, I attended class with this person and now she's rich and famous." Now the school might be hoping to get something from their association, and I wish them good luck!

queen
I wouldn't discount that hmmm because I've got a story seed there and that means unless someone else *cough* Sherry *cough* *cough* Dawn *cough* decides to do it I'll have to now. Of course Booth at a HS reunion will be in his element. That would be something to see, and I can see Brennan being both smitten by him (she always finds it cute when he's like that) as well as depressed by the memmories since it'll just reinforce the differences between them.
Sorry. I've never attended a class reunion myself. Though I am planning on attending my own 20th this year if I can, so maybe after that, but that wouldn't be until summer at the earliest.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:SHHH! Quiet down people, class is in session and there'll be a quiz later so pay attention! Now of course if we're talking a Brennan HS Reunion they can only pull it off if they do it one of two ways - one they go back and say 'yes, she really did have a grandpa, or someone pretending to be a grandpa, who got her out of the system after a year and so she went to the same HS for at least two years' (assuming she didn't graduate early) and they can have a reunion. Of course that begs the question where the hell has he been and why, exactly, is she so traumatized since she actually had some family (or someone acting like family) to get her out of the system? Anything HH comes up with going down that road will be tricky at best and require a lot, I mean a LOT, of thought and pre-planning. Neither of which are Hart's strong suite now are they? So we don't really want that option.
Somewhere on this site is a tweet from HH or SN that states there was a grandfather or grandfather figure. *sigh* Then I'm running with him not showing up very early, and possibly near the end; if it was sooner, he couldn't have been a very outgoing, affectionate type or she might have turned out a little differently. Never mind--I can save that line of discussion.
Yep, I know - I think we've had this convo before like, Laughing and if I actually believed anything HH or SN said? I'd go with it. Then again, they've yet to really rebuild the trust from S4. Don't get me wrong, S5 is doing much, much better than I'd hoped but S4 was such a cluster fuck of continuity mistakes and outright snafus that they've got a lot of damage control to do in that area.

I like your idea, though--a lot. But you know, some reunions are sponsored by the school's official alumni association that sends out invites to everyone they can track down. So it might not be some former prom queen-slash-cheerleader who suddenly realizes that "hey, I attended class with this person and now she's rich and famous." Now the school might be hoping to get something from their association, and I wish them good luck!
That's a good point too - an alumni association sponsoring it and it could, actually, work out just as well. Imagine Booth getting Brennan all pumped to go back because, lets say she actually had one or two friends (or possibly teachers) she remembers fondly from that time and when she gets there they, of course, are no where to be seen and the only people she runs into are the Andy Flugers of the world. That would still be an interesting episode, esp if they tie in a nice juicey murder.

queen
Sorry. I've never attended a class reunion myself. Though I am planning on attending my own 20th this year if I can, so maybe after that, but that wouldn't be until summer at the earliest.

queen
I've never attended any of mine either, nor had any interest to do so. I graduated, not like I want to go back and relive the glory days. Life is about the here and now or the future, not the past - wow. I really am a Brennanite. Laughing

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:58 pm

I know what you mean about believing them--I said earlier today (yesterday? whatever) in the 100th ep sides thread that they didn't have to be the real deal. Wouldn't surprise me. And while I do prefer the whole she lied about a grandfather thing, I can work either way.

Imagine Booth getting Brennan all pumped to go back because, lets say she actually had one or two friends (or possibly teachers) she remembers fondly from that time and when she gets there they, of course, are no where to be seen and the only people she runs into are the Andy Flugers of the world. That would still be an interesting episode, esp if they tie in a nice juicey murder.
I like it! There should be at least one scene where she gets mad at him for convincing her, though, and a certain amount of stepping back into her old high school shell--or perhaps trying not to let that happen.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I know what you mean about believing them--I said earlier today (yesterday? whatever) in the 100th ep sides thread that they didn't have to be the real deal. Wouldn't surprise me. And while I do prefer the whole she lied about a grandfather thing, I can work either way.
Well I'd like to think that your preference for the she lied option is firmly rooted in my own superior reasoning skills Cool but I must agree - it can work either way.

Imagine Booth getting Brennan all pumped to go back because, lets say she actually had one or two friends (or possibly teachers) she remembers fondly from that time and when she gets there they, of course, are no where to be seen and the only people she runs into are the Andy Flugers of the world. That would still be an interesting episode, esp if they tie in a nice juicey murder.
I like it! There should be at least one scene where she gets mad at him for convincing her, though, and a certain amount of stepping back into her old high school shell--or perhaps trying not to let that happen.

queen
Ohh! I so love that idea and I can see it now. Brennan escapes to the punch bowl where she's run to avoid the crowd of sycophants and frauds who are pretending that they weren't horrible to her way back when and who, since she's arrived, have done naught but insult intelligence with their lame attempts to curry favor (hey, rich bitch authoress right?) and here comes Booth. Of course Booth is unaware that he's basically played the part of Judas goat up until now, and imagine his surprise at the reception Brennan gives him as she unloads with both barrels and maybe even punctuates her displeasure with a cup of punch in his face. Yep, that's an Emmy right there - free of charge Hart, just give my Queen and I some credit...any credit really...name two of her HS classmates after us! How about it Hart? Huh? Call me.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm

lol!

They probably wouldn't pronounce my last name right, though... Very few do right off the bat. Rolling Eyes

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:06 am

As far as the grandfather angle goes, they woudl have to tread carefully indeed. Nothing says though that he was actually her family member, and more than that even if he was that it was all smiles and laughter from there on out either. Not saying he abused her to the extent (if at all) that her foster parents did, but it's interesting that he "saved" her and yet they aren't on contact. That's why there has to be more to that story. It might even just be someone Max sent to look after her since he couldn't be there or...I know I'm letting my imagination run, so I'll just stop there.

I do think that her going would probably be influenced by Booth. I mean, why not go back and show people how much she beat the odds, how they didn't hold her down like they thought they would. But of course like you guys suggested, it doesn't go as perfectly as she might have liked, and poor Booth is on the receiving end. It's plausible.

Of course they could just go the cheesy route of giving them a case which just so happens to be in the same area at the same time or even someone who was there in the first place. Either way, it sounds interesting.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Anyone ever thought about the possibility that the grandfather could have died?
I mean he could have gotten her out, she lived with him till she went to college and he died a few weeks, months maybe even years later.....
It didn't sound like they were too close, when she said that, so maybe she never thought of mentioning him and his death.
Just a thought.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm

That would be a perfectly good reason for why he doesn'r seem to be in her life any more. I'm guessing that if there was indeed a grandfather/grandfather figure, he's dead by now. Or perhaps that should be "died." If he was someone sent by Max, there would certainly be enough reason for him to fake his death once she was old enough to be independent. And if that's the case, they had all better hope Brennan never finds out! Suspect

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:54 pm

I come out with a solution without any conspiracies and you go and find a new one......I give up.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 pm

ToZiKa wrote:I come out with a solution without any conspiracies and you go and find a new one......I give up.....

Lol! That happens here...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:26 am

ToZiKa wrote:I come out with a solution without any conspiracies and you go and find a new one......I give up.....
Don't give up ToZ! You just have to realize my Queen and I have had this discussion several times now and we've covered just about every angle possible, and honestly you're idea has merit except there's something about it that doesn't jibe, to wit: In Stargazer in a Puddle Max gives Brennan a ring that belonged to her grandmother, and Brennan is surprised because she didn't know she had any grandparents. Here's the exchange:

Max Keenan: No, actually, I have something for you that....that belonged to your grandmother (He shows her an antique ring)
Brennan: I have a grandmother?
Max Keenan: I know your mother and I told you that you didn’t have grandparents, but...Try it on.

This of course flies in the face of what she told Booth in A Boy in a Bush, that she was in the system until her grandfather got her out. IMO there's a simple reason for this, her partnership with Booth was still in it's infancy, the topic of her foster childhood was (and still is) something she doesn't like to talk about, she knew him well enough to know he would pry if she stayed silent, SO being the rational woman she is, she gave him a nice practiced lie hoping he'd let the subject drop and he did.

And I won't even get into the part where she intimates during The Boy in the Shroud that she was in multiple foster homes during her stay in the system, and that's most likely if she was in care more than one year (something I worked out using data from the Illinois DCFS). IMO you just can't reconcile the two theories adequately, so if HH insists that she had a grandfather or grandfatherly presence back during her foster care days, and that person saved her from the system it's going to require a ret-con (a minor one but still...). It'd be far easier for her to have just lied about it. Ocham's razor and all that.

Now personally I love the subject, but it's not really germane to the topic at hand so...a highschool reunion? I still love the idea.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum