Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible ending for the show?

5 posters

Go down

Possible ending for the show? Empty Possible ending for the show?

Post by anteater Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:10 am

So now that finals are over I am finally able to do some free reading and in Kathy Reichs' book Devil Bones there is an interview with her on the back where she says:
"I think of Bones as taking place in the years prior to Tempe's arrival in Montreal, before she meets Ryan."
Since we have no new episodes coming up and I have to find something Bones to talk about, this got me thinking. Since Kathy is an EP and does have say over the show, do people think that the show will end with Tempe moving to Montreal and starting he life as her life as the book Tempe? I really hope this doesn't happen bcause I want Booth and Brennan together forever but it could be an interestig ending for when the show ultimately ends. What do you guys think?
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Possible ending for the show? Empty Re: Possible ending for the show?

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:25 am

I think that although it is a possible ending, it is not very likely to end like that.
Book-Tempe has a totally different background story from TV-Temperance. (A sister 'Harry', her brother died at the age of 2 or 3, her father died shortly after, she went to a Catholic school, is married to Pete and was for a while, she had her daughter 'Katy' very early.....just to point out some things that would not fit.)
So I really don't think that they would try to let Bones become Tempe, but of course that doesn't make it impossible for her to move to Montreal........but imo it's very unlikely.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:00 am

Yeah, I'm with ToZ here. The Tempe Brennan of the books is what I'd expect Brennan to be like if Max and Ruth had stuck around. There are similarities, but I can't see the show ending like that unless Booth dies or they split up.

Hey ToZ - that's like the third time in as many months we've agreed on something. Now ToZ? I know I'm not becoming more reasonable so I guess I should say welcome to the dark side!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:32 am

Wouldn't it totally suck if this did happen, though? Like maybe Booth asks her to marry him and she says no, which frees her up to leave D.C. and go to Montreal. I really don't think that will happen though, because while Kathy does have some say obviously, HH and Co have got to know we'd pretty much scream foul if that was what happened. The background info doesn't match and while that doesn't stop them, I just don't see it happening, IMO.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Hmmm. I don't think Brennan would turn into Tempe exactly as she is in the books. Like you say, the background and the timeline is wrong. Book-Tempe is in her 40s, if I'm not mistaken, with a daughter who has either graduated college or is in extended studies (can't remember), but the usual age for such things. TV-Brennan is 33 right now.
On the other hand, barring the alcoholism, Brennan could become that kind of person, I suppose. With a few more years under's Booth tutelage. But as close as they are, she'd have more separation issues or grief if he disappeared from her life--now, or 10 years on. As for moving to Montreal, there would have to be a fairly serious reason. I honestly think she has enough ties to DC now that she would have a hard time just up and permanently leaving. Booth dying/disappearing for good this time might do it. :?:

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Hmmm. I don't think Brennan would turn into Tempe exactly as she is in the books. Like you say, the background and the timeline is wrong. Book-Tempe is in her 40s, if I'm not mistaken, with a daughter who has either graduated college or is in extended studies (can't remember), but the usual age for such things. TV-Brennan is 33 right now.
On the other hand, barring the alcoholism, Brennan could become that kind of person, I suppose. With a few more years under's Booth tutelage. But as close as they are, she'd have more separation issues or grief if he disappeared from her life--now, or 10 years on. As for moving to Montreal, there would have to be a fairly serious reason. I honestly think she has enough ties to DC now that she would have a hard time just up and permanently leaving. Booth dying/disappearing for good this time might do it. :?:

queen
How about this - Let's say by the end of S5 B&B are finally together, and S6 ends up with Brennan pregnant. Now S7 could be one of those "Five years in the future" seasons that shows do sometimes to shake things up. Imagine a S7 where B&B have a four year old kid, have been married for three years but things have gone south badly in their third year of marriage and as the season opens they've separated.

Five years of just partners and then friends and Brennan has grown by leaps and bounds, five years married to Booth and she'd be near Tempe like in persona. During what should be a trial separation Booth is advised, badly, to file for divorce and in a moment of weakness he does. The separation turned divorce gets ugly despite their attempts to keep it clean and non-antagonistic, and it's made uglier by the fact that Booth started it all and Brennan can't bring herself to forgive him. A devastated Brennan then initiates a plan to leave DC (it's got him stamped all over it, she can't live there any more) for Montreal, planning on splitting time between her work in DC and her work in Montreal so she can share custody of their daughter.

How's that sound?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:55 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Hmmm. I don't think Brennan would turn into Tempe exactly as she is in the books. Like you say, the background and the timeline is wrong. Book-Tempe is in her 40s, if I'm not mistaken, with a daughter who has either graduated college or is in extended studies (can't remember), but the usual age for such things. TV-Brennan is 33 right now.

queen
How about this - Let's say by the end of S5 B&B are finally together, and S6 ends up with Brennan pregnant. Now S7 could be one of those "Five years in the future" seasons that shows do sometimes to shake things up. Imagine a S7 where B&B have a four year old kid, have been married for three years but things have gone south badly in their third year of marriage and as the season opens they've separated.

Five years of just partners and then friends and Brennan has grown by leaps and bounds, five years married to Booth and she'd be near Tempe like in persona. During what should be a trial separation Booth is advised, badly, to file for divorce and in a moment of weakness he does. The separation turned divorce gets ugly despite their attempts to keep it clean and non-antagonistic, and it's made uglier by the fact that Booth started it all and Brennan can't bring herself to forgive him. A devastated Brennan then initiates a plan to leave DC (it's got him stamped all over it, she can't live there any more) for Montreal, planning on splitting time between her work in DC and her work in Montreal so she can share custody of their daughter.

How's that sound?

king RM
Exceedingly depressing, but plausible!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 am

THX1138 wrote:Yeah, I'm with ToZ here. The Tempe Brennan of the books is what I'd expect Brennan to be like if Max and Ruth had stuck around. There are similarities, but I can't see the show ending like that unless Booth dies or they split up.

Hey ToZ - that's like the third time in as many months we've agreed on something. Now ToZ? I know I'm not becoming more reasonable so I guess I should say welcome to the dark side!

king RM

oh well......at least hand over the cookies then Laughing

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum