Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100th episode

+11
DBCrazy
queen bess
Meegs82
Nightowl
RGPageantqueen
treble21
MoonlightGardenias
Koudijs
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
dawnsfire
moviegirl
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100th episode Empty 100th episode

Post by moviegirl Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:47 am

Hey guys!

I was just doing my usual checking up on all the Bones news and I had a thought....

We all know they are suppose to flashback to the very first case in the 100th episode. I just wanted to check with you guys on this thought I had.

There is NO way they kissed or slept together before they officially became partners... right? This thought just came to me, but I have been trying to talk myself out of it having any possiblity of being true. I mean maybe something happened and thats why there was so much sexual tension, maybe Brennan chalked it up to bio-urges and Booth decided to move on and then BAM they must work together..... this can't be true... right?

What do you guys think?

moviegirl
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

100th episode Empty Re: 100th episode

Post by dawnsfire Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 pm

I think you've missed on some of the discussions the King & I among others have had regarding this very subject. In short, we were thinking it might be possible. The only indication on the show that they haven't is Brennan's comment during Soccer Mom that she is very good in bed, but Booth (presumably) has no direct knowledge of that fact. Is she lying or telling the truth?
Otherwise, there's nothing either way.
But it could explain some of the initial hostility and reluctance to work together during the Pilot even more than the usual explanation.
Gotta go find those discussions now. Be back when I have!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:31 am

I hate flashback episodes! 99% of them suck big time!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Koudijs Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:44 am

I have faith... not much else... but oh well...
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1043
Say What You Want : Give my a Bones!
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:23 am

If you want to see what we all said in toying with that, try these threads, both here in the spoilers...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
and
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I note Mr G had quite a hand in getting it started, too.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:01 am

It's an interesting theory to say the least. It could explain some things, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

I really don't mind flashback episodes, but my main question is basically what the purpose is supposed to be. Like, what will bring it on and will they be flashing back and forth between past and present, or will it be like tEitB when they don't flash back until the end? Also, what happened in the past (hence the whole "Did something happen between them back then?" theory) that would make us seeing their first case seem relevant? It just wouldn't make sense, IMO, for them to use the whole hour to show it if nothing huge happened then or, and yes I know this is wishful thinking, something big and canon-worthy ends up happening here in the present.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:It's an interesting theory to say the least. It could explain some things, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

I really don't mind flashback episodes, but my main question is basically what the purpose is supposed to be. Like, what will bring it on and will they be flashing back and forth between past and present, or will it be like tEitB when they don't flash back until the end? Also, what happened in the past (hence the whole "Did something happen between them back then?" theory) that would make us seeing their first case seem relevant? It just wouldn't make sense, IMO, for them to use the whole hour to show it if nothing huge happened then or, and yes I know this is wishful thinking, something big and canon-worthy ends up happening here in the present.

100th episodes tend to be a big deal, I cannot see them flashing back to that first case if it has absolutely no bearing on where they are today, also can't see them setting it up like the did tEitB. So I'm thinking there will be some sort of reveal regarding that case interspersed with a present day storyline. Whether the reveal will be something that we are happy about is a whole other story... Someone has already very rightly pointed out that it could be something as simple as the murderer getting out of prison.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:22 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I think you've missed on some of the discussions the King & I among others have had regarding this very subject. In short, we were thinking it might be possible. The only indication on the show that they haven't is Brennan's comment during Soccer Mom that she is very good in bed, but Booth (presumably) has no direct knowledge of that fact. Is she lying or telling the truth?
Otherwise, there's nothing either way.
But it could explain some of the initial hostility and reluctance to work together during the Pilot even more than the usual explanation.
Gotta go find those discussions now. Be back when I have!

queen

it could have been just a kiss and not actual sex?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:04 pm

I swear, if you go back and watch the scene from 'Soccer Mom'... when she drops the line "He has no firsthand knowledge".... they both look guilty.
And wouldn't the words 'The End in the Beginning" make some sense? The very beginning... some thing happens between them, and now we reach the end of that story. Time for a new beginning perhaps?
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:59 am

Nightowl wrote:I swear, if you go back and watch the scene from 'Soccer Mom'... when she drops the line "He has no firsthand knowledge".... they both look guilty.
And wouldn't the words 'The End in the Beginning" make some sense? The very beginning... some thing happens between them, and now we reach the end of that story. Time for a new beginning perhaps?

VERY interesting theory.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 am

Nightowl wrote:I swear, if you go back and watch the scene from 'Soccer Mom'... when she drops the line "He has no firsthand knowledge".... they both look guilty.
PLEASE HH NO!!!!!!!!!! I WILL CRY!!!!!! TEARS OF RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koudijs Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 am

queen bess wrote:

Why?
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:05 am

queen bess wrote:
But it would be such an amazing dynamic change to the show. The first four season would have a totally differrent perspective, just from one tiny little plot detail excluded... until now. I could see, in character, that if Booth told Brennan "Let's never do this again" she woud take it very literally, and from a dramatic irony sense, the fans would know that she would take it as a sleight, and we all know she can hold a grudge. Wink
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 am

In answer to both the replies above... Smile

Basically, I love my show (and yes it is mine...) If the show were a person I would bake it a cake and give it a hug and then we would have a long in depth chat about life the universe and everything... I like my show the way it is, flaws and all.

To find out BB had kissed/had sex before the show had even started would feel like my show was lying to me. Now I am not one to get cross about spoilers being 'fake' or whatnot, but ENTIRELY altering the premise of the relationship, that for me at least, is what my show is about would make me rather upset.

Also, on a slightly more sensible note in which I will cease to personify a television programme, I think it would completely go against a lot of the established emotional canon of the show, including so much of the progress made this season.
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 am

This is very true, I saw that episode recently and they do look kinda guilty, although I had always attributed that to the awkwardness that always ensues whenever anyone else implies that they are/should be sleeping together.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:38 am

queen bess wrote:In answer to both the replies above... Smile

Basically, I love my show (and yes it is mine...) If the show were a person I would bake it a cake and give it a hug and then we would have a long in depth chat about life the universe and everything... I like my show the way it is, flaws and all.

To find out BB had kissed/had sex before the show had even started would feel like my show was lying to me. Now I am not one to get cross about spoilers being 'fake' or whatnot, but ENTIRELY altering the premise of the relationship, that for me at least, is what my show is about would make me rather upset.

Also, on a slightly more sensible note in which I will cease to personify a television programme, I think it would completely go against a lot of the established emotional canon of the show, including so much of the progress made this season.
Makes for a heck of a plot line, though, doesn't it? Like Nightowl said above, think of how much our perceptions would shift from one relatively tiny switch!

I can work with it either way they take it, but my "what if" mind can't help but play with it.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 pm

I think the idea is interesting, but...I don't know. If it happens and it's done the right way then I might feel it could work. But at the same time, if they actually did sleep together or kiss before they were officially partners it kind of takes something away from all these little moments they've had throughout the series, IMO.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:05 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
queen bess wrote:In answer to both the replies above... Smile

Makes for a heck of a plot line, though, doesn't it? Like Nightowl said above, think of how much our perceptions would shift from one relatively tiny switch!

I can work with it either way they take it, but my "what if" mind can't help but play with it.

queen
ahh.. but think of all the plot holes now people are so fond of picking and how many more would be found if this were to be true... i don't think i could take it!!
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:24 pm

What if instead of Booth & Brennan sleeping together back then that it was something that was kind of undercover-y and it went badly?

Oh, that even sounds weird to me, it's just that there's something about this idea that won't let me let it go!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I really hope they don't go there. Well, a drunken make-out session, I could handle. Ya know, maybe they got done with their first case, got plastered, made out, then stopped, knowing it was a bad idea. Although, as I type that out, it doesn't really make any sense. I agree about all the little moments and nuances...the meanings of those moments would be drastically changed if this were the case. And I kinda LIKE the moments as they are.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:38 pm

I don't think the moments would change between them.... the little glances, the casual touches... the evolution of their relationship would not alter dramatically, only why. And an explanation as to why. (Why it's taken four years for two adults to admit their feelings for each other). The develpment and advancement over the four years would not be that different. I just honestly can't see anything else being that interesting about that first case. But... I'm a speculator. I just have a feeling this is going to be a pivotal episode. Maybe I just have hope.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Hmmmm... What episode will be the 100th one? 5x15? 5x16?
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by morebones Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 am

I have to agree w/ Meegs82 that what I could handle is ONLY a make out session while totally drunk... (and I am smiling while I write it), but I don't think that they'll go there. I can see Booth flirting in a very alpha-male way with her, and Brennan yes, sexually attracted to him but also totally annoyed by his cocky attitude. Annoyance winning! Not in vain she banned him in the lab!!.
Brennan was also in a relationship before their partnership begin, and despite her vision in monogamy, I don't think she would cheat on Peter with the man she's been working with, it would be absolutelly unprofessional, and Dr.T. Brennan is nothing but professional...
However if that would have happened, I am w/ Nightowl that would "simply" change the explanation of the slow and tortuous process to reach the point where we are now. It's not the same one night stand w/ a semi stranger that having to work with him/her everyday, and build a partnership, then a friendship. It'll be evolution (entropy?)
If that would have happened, they would have been sorry afterwards and they would have had to draw then the line... So the line after Epps would have been a redraw...
And I'll stop my theorizations there, because I don't want to reconsider all those B&B moments we all love, w/o a proper reason to do that!! Makes me no good!!
Just say that I usually like flashbacks eps, and I even like prequels of movies... They can work. So, why wouldn't it work the story of how The Jeffersonian Team became a team?? Simply... Not major developements involved. I'm the first dying to have goodness between B&B but hey, it won't kill me if I have an ep that settles the roots of the team, so we can understand a little better Angela's and Brennan's friendship, Hodgins' desire to remain anonymous, and Booth's joining the FBI... It'd be an important and different one!! And maybe it ends being flashbacks in a HIMYM way... Smile
morebones
morebones

Number of posts : 9
Say What You Want : Just Bones...
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:21 am

I love the word entropy. ^^ good points.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Koudijs Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:21 am

mereva wrote:Hmmmm... What episode will be the 100th one? 5x15? 5x16?

ik dacht 5x17
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content