Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss...

+8
snoozy
agnerka81
MoonlightGardenias
Koudijs
RGPageantqueen
treble21
THX1138
HeyHey
12 posters

Go down

You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss... Empty You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss...

Post by HeyHey Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:21 pm

So, assuming that they're not writing it so that Booth and Brennan's first kiss is in a retirement home, what kind of kiss do you want for their first proper kiss? If we ever get more than a longing look or two...

Myself, I'm a big fan of the 'walk into it passionately, can't wait any longer' kiss as perfected by Michael Vartan apparently - (see end of Never Been Kissed and S/V's first kiss in Alias).

So, you can have a kiss, any kind of kiss. What sort do you want? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss... Empty Re: You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss...

Post by THX1138 Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:48 pm

I think it has to be a hungry, "Dammit Woman you drive me crazy!" kiss. The kind that's equal parts passion, desire, and sheer frustration. I can see Booth doing that with Brennan, getting so wound up, so turned around and frustrated that he snaps and just does what he's been fantasizing about for years. It'd be a kiss that would be fueled even further by his own frustration with them - her that she pushed him to do it this way when in his heart he'd always imagined a more romantic first kiss, and himself for losing control finally. Done properly this kind of kiss starts out as lips and teeth and tongue, then evolves as Booth looses focus/control and the kiss wanders down her jawline, her ear, the column of her throat, her clavicle...basically it's as hot as you're gonna see on network TV.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss... Empty Re: You can have a kiss, any kind of kiss...

Post by treble21 Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 pm

THX1138 wrote:I think it has to be a hungry, "Dammit Woman you drive me crazy!" kiss. The kind that's equal parts passion, desire, and sheer frustration. I can see Booth doing that with Brennan, getting so wound up, so turned around and frustrated that he snaps and just does what he's been fantasizing about for years. It'd be a kiss that would be fueled even further by his own frustration with them - her that she pushed him to do it this way when in his heart he'd always imagined a more romantic first kiss, and himself for losing control finally. Done properly this kind of kiss starts out as lips and teeth and tongue, then evolves as Booth looses focus/control and the kiss wanders down her jawline, her ear, the column of her throat, her clavicle...basically it's as hot as you're gonna see on network TV.

king RM

yeah..... THIS! Laughing
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 am

HeyLJ wrote:So, assuming that they're not writing it so that Booth and Brennan's first kiss is in a retirement home, what kind of kiss do you want for their first proper kiss? If we ever get more than a longing look or two...

Myself, I'm a big fan of the 'walk into it passionately, can't wait any longer' kiss as perfected by Michael Vartan apparently - (see end of Never Been Kissed and S/V's first kiss in Alias).

So, you can have a kiss, any kind of kiss. What sort do you want? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Romantic, passionate, hungry , desperate and that feeling like when you get home from a day at Disney World and take off your shoes and lay on the bed and you're like "finally" because the whole ride home you looked forward to getting your shoes off and being comfy.... Like that. They've been wanting it and waiting and desperate for it and when it finally happens it will be that moment of like "Finally" What do you call that? bliss?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Koudijs Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:37 am

I want a sweet, soft kiss... just out of nowhere... and that will slowly build and build...
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1043
Say What You Want : Give my a Bones!
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 am

I just want them to kiss and for it to be the kind you definitely would not give your brother. Laughing

Really though, there are two scenarios that I could live with:

1-They're at Founding Fathers or maybe even one of their own apartments and it's after a case. Talking nice and quiet when the moment starts getting kind of quieter. One of them, or maybe even both, realize how close they've come (hands/knees/shoulders touching), and maybe it's like the end of NatBM where Booth starts to lean in a bit, only this time he actually goes for it. Either that, or Bren leans in as well, and they just meet in the middle like they've been doing all along. One of them starts to pull back when the other just follows through and they keep kissing, slowly to let the passion build.

2-They're in the middle of an argument and Booth just gets so frustrated that she's not understanding his point. Basically, Brennan is in the middle of one of her "Anthropologically speaking..." rants when he cuts her off and effectively silences her tongue with his own. If there's a wall for them to back against that would probably be even better.

Oh and also one more thing: No squints around, or anyone else really. And if it does happen at the Jeffersonian that's okay, but if someone does see don't let it go the fanfic route and have them interrupt, drop something or uncharacteristically squeal. (Because honestly, I can't think of anytime Ange has actually done that. Sweetie.)
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:I just want them to kiss and for it to be the kind you definitely would not give your brother. Laughing
We all want that.

1-They're at Founding Fathers or maybe even one of their own apartments and it's after a case. Talking nice and quiet when the moment starts getting kind of quieter. One of them, or maybe even both, realize how close they've come (hands/knees/shoulders touching), and maybe it's like the end of NatBM where Booth starts to lean in a bit, only this time he actually goes for it. Either that, or Bren leans in as well, and they just meet in the middle like they've been doing all along. One of them starts to pull back when the other just follows through and they keep kissing, slowly to let the passion build.
The founding fathers would be nice, a kiss that gets hotter and more involved and only breaks apart when a server drops a tray - then they hightail it out of there to get back to whoever's apartment is closer.

2-They're in the middle of an argument and Booth just gets so frustrated that she's not understanding his point. Basically, Brennan is in the middle of one of her "Anthropologically speaking..." rants when he cuts her off and effectively silences her tongue with his own. If there's a wall for them to back against that would probably be even better.
Definitely need the wall, definitely.

Oh and also one more thing: No squints around, or anyone else really. And if it does happen at the Jeffersonian that's okay, but if someone does see don't let it go the fanfic route and have them interrupt, drop something or uncharacteristically squeal. (Because honestly, I can't think of anytime Ange has actually done that. Sweetie.)
She hasn't really. It's become a convention of ficdom because she's such a shipper in the show, but honestly I expect her to react more along the lines of "Finally" with a sigh, than "Squeeeee! Finally! Tell me everything!!!!". The former is more in keeping with her character, the latter dwells almost entirely within the realm of ficdom.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by agnerka81 Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 am

My hope....in Brennan's office a la the sully kiss if only to eradicate it from memory and instead of Booth being the witness (as he's now a participant!) Angela and Hodgins witness it. The kiss happens and its sweet and everything that we want it to be and it goes on and on and in the background Angela is rooted to the spot watching - cause you know she wouldn't be able to not watch- and Hodgins is about to barge in not realizing what he'd be walking into being excited about whatever he thinks is going to make him King of the Lab, when Angela stops him and then they walk away together.k
agnerka81
agnerka81
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : This is my obsession, BONES, as far as obsessions go its not that bad...right?
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by snoozy Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:33 am

Koudijs wrote:I want a sweet, soft kiss... just out of nowhere... and that will slowly build and build...

Yes! cheers I will accept all of the other suggestions as good options too Laughing but something soft and sweet, that builds into a "can't let you go" passion... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:00 am

Yeahhhh-no. Can't do soft and sweet, they had a shot at S&S during ANatBM and Angela "Moment Killer" Montenegro screwed the pooch once again - seriously, someone go back through the seasons and catalogue the number of times that B&B have had a moment get killed in general, then by Angela in particular. I swear she's got a hitting streak going like Pujols facing an American League pitcher. Anyway like I said, they had their shot at soft and sweet and they blew it. Now I want hot, frantic, desperate and needful - and if you can fit sweaty into the mix? I'm good with that too. Hell I want it to scorch the retinas when viewed. I want people to double check their TV's to make sure they aren't watching something on Skinemax because it's just that freakin' hot. Anything less, well, it'd be like kissing your sister. Not that I mind kissing your sister, but hey, she ain't Emily.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:20 am

Angela is a moment killer, isn't she? Which is funny considering the fact she's supposed to be one of the people wanting them to just cut out all the crap and get together.

I could see them doing soft and sweet later when they're an established couple, like she's headed to the lab and he's waiting a while to head to the Hoover. But their first kiss pretty much demands to be hot and electrically charged.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 pm

I pretty much agree with Moonlight Gardenias.
THX1138 wrote:
MoonlightGardenias wrote:I just want them to kiss and for it to be the kind you definitely would not give your brother. Laughing
We all want that.
Sorry, that mistletoe kiss is not how I would kiss my brother if I had one, or even my brother-in-law. She was just trying to deflect and picked the wrong direction. One like that would be nice, with a little more Booth participation, of course.

The founding fathers would be nice, a kiss that gets hotter and more involved and only breaks apart when a server drops a tray - then they hightail it out of there to get back to whoever's apartment is closer.

Definitely need the wall, definitely.

She hasn't really. It's become a convention of ficdom because she's such a shipper in the show, but honestly I expect her to react more along the lines of "Finally" with a sigh, than "Squeeeee! Finally! Tell me everything!!!!". The former is more in keeping with her character, the latter dwells almost entirely within the realm of ficdom.
These are very nice scenarios; very yummy!
I believe Angela would still want details, though--think about the whole Sully thing, and she wanted some sort of info about David and Hacker both, plus knew things about Peter. But probably wouldn't interrupt them to get said details. And if and only if she actually caught them kissing, she might let out a small squeal of excitement. Or some similar noise. But you're right, the whole, over-the-top, extreme 'shipper Angela is like Parker calling Brennan "Dr Bones"--purely in fanfic.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:42 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I pretty much agree with Moonlight Gardenias.
THX1138 wrote:
We all want that.
Sorry, that mistletoe kiss is not how I would kiss my brother if I had one, or even my brother-in-law. She was just trying to deflect and picked the wrong direction. One like that would be nice, with a little more Booth participation, of course.
Yeah, it was a pretty transparent excuse too at the time. I mean Booth had her gum when they finished so if Brennan really kissed Russ like that, well, she has more issues than just what she picked up in foster care!
1-They're at Founding Fathers... <SNIP>
2-They're in the middle of an argument... <BIG SNIP>
These are very nice scenarios; very yummy!
I believe Angela would still want details, though--think about the whole Sully thing, and she wanted some sort of info about David and Hacker both, plus knew things about Peter. But probably wouldn't interrupt them to get said details. And if and only if she actually caught them kissing, she might let out a small squeal of excitement. Or some similar noise. But you're right, the whole, over-the-top, extreme 'shipper Angela is like Parker calling Brennan "Dr Bones"--purely in fanfic.

queen
Yeah, there are elements of ficdom that have become so accepted as conventions, even though they have little or no basis in canon, that I sometimes wonder how they came about and why they aren't actually part of the show. For example, you're dead on about Angela. She has, in the show itself, repeatedly pestered Brennan for details of her sex life and dates, and she's a vocal proponent of the Booth/Brennan 'ship. Toss in her sometimes flamboyant style and over emotionalism and it's not that far a journey to seeing the over the top Sqeeee! machine of ficdom in the face of the forensic artist we watch every Bonesday.

And the the thing with Parker calling her Dr Bones is even worse, IMO, because it feels so right, so natural, and so in keeping with the kid's already charming nature that you want to believe he's called her Dr Bones before. It's insidious really, how that one latches onto your imagination. Fact is Parker calls her Bones, just like his father does, and never really calls her anything else.

*sigh* I wish HH would just tell us when they're going to kiss already. It really is getting annoying waiting for it to happen.

king RM

The utilization of <SNIP> is a carryover from the old days of USENET, where it was employed in threads where posts threatened to become too cumbersome.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:57 pm

I have a feeling it will be this season--or is that wishful thinking? I am well aware how much time that is, but given it's HH, well, he's so afraid to jump, we'd be on the edge forever if he had his way. If it doesn't happen, we have been talking road trip.

And yes, after someone spoke to me, I went back and paid attention to Parker's interactions with Brennan. "Merry Christmas, Bones." OK, fine, got it. You're right, it's such a sweet thing and somewhat respectful, we all jumped on it. I think I know where it started, though...
And I suspect the hand at her back is another fanfic creation, much as I hate to say it...

queen

Last edited by dawnsfire on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit Send too soon...)
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Wait a second ... I must be misunderstanding something here. "The hand at her back is another fanfic creation" ... Huh? That's something you see in the credits from the very first episode. I couldn't tell you how often it actually happens in the show but I know I've seen it! I just know I have!! Now I'm going to have to start watching for that too during re-runs!!

Oh yeah, the kiss? I can't say as I'm picky about that. There's been so many scenarios mentioned that all sound great. I do want it to be something that neither one of them can back away from though. No tucking it away and pretending that it didn't happen. And I really do feel that we're on that boat to China, finally, however slow that it may be in getting there.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 am

IMHO, Bones needs to initiate. That way, Booth will know she is "all in" (to steal a line for Gilmore Girls). I think that will be a concern for Booth is he is the first to kiss. It has to come from her. sunny

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:51 am

DBCrazy wrote:Wait a second ... I must be misunderstanding something here. "The hand at her back is another fanfic creation" ... Huh? That's something you see in the credits from the very first episode. I couldn't tell you how often it actually happens in the show but I know I've seen it! I just know I have!! Now I'm going to have to start watching for that too during re-runs!!

Oh yeah, the kiss? I can't say as I'm picky about that. There's been so many scenarios mentioned that all sound great. I do want it to be something that neither one of them can back away from though. No tucking it away and pretending that it didn't happen. And I really do feel that we're on that boat to China, finally, however slow that it may be in getting there.
Not to hijack, but I can't say as I've noticed the hand in episodes (that's why I mentioned it back when we were talking about the canon. If it's there, I want to know where to look!). And I'm going to have to take a closer look at the credits to see if that's really their pose.

And you have a good point about it needs to be something they can't back away from!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:58 am

dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Wait a second ... I must be misunderstanding something here. "The hand at her back is another fanfic creation" ... Huh? That's something you see in the credits from the very first episode. I couldn't tell you how often it actually happens in the show but I know I've seen it! I just know I have!! Now I'm going to have to start watching for that too during re-runs!!

Not to hijack, but I can't say as I've noticed the hand in episodes (that's why I mentioned it back when we were talking about the canon. If it's there, I want to know where to look!). And I'm going to have to take a closer look at the credits to see if that's really their pose.

And you have a good point about it needs to be something they can't back away from!

queen

I don't know that he actually touches her back but I'm sure his hand hovers there quite often, .....Now I'm gonna have to go on a hunt too LOL

editing because I was watching an older episode and........
Watched the credits but not really carefully didn't really see the hand on the back there, but again didn't really look to hard ( and there was a glare LOL)
Regarding the hand on the back occuring during an episode I actually found a scene in the first episode I had on my TiVo. Death in the Saddle aired here in Canada earlier this week, so I was watching it before bed tonight and I caught Booth putting his hand on her back directly following asking the owner of the Ambassadora what "Thor's" real name was ( Calvin Johnson) Booth puts his hand on her lower back ( guiding her in effect) on their way to go talk to Calvin.\

Also sorry about hijacking the thread, just found this subject kinda interesting

Last edited by treble21 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:01 am

sweet and passionate, without going overboard.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:55 am

Yeah, I can't think of episode titles right now, but there have been at least a few in which he's put a hand at the small of her back or at least touched her in some way when guiding her out of the room or down the hall. I do think it's kind of become so exaggerated though. (Booth's charm smile, anyone?)

I do feel like maybe we're headed somewhere soon, but I've learned to not get my hopes up too fast.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:27 pm

There was an awesome fan video to 'She Drives Me Crazy' that was about them touching each other - I think after the comment in PiTO where she says 'we hardly even touch each other'). Anyway, that showed Booth guiding her at the middle and top of her back more than the small of her back.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum