Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Close, a Oneshot

2 posters

Go down

So Close, a Oneshot Empty So Close, a Oneshot

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:14 pm

I actually might add more to this later, but after watching tonight's episode my brain refused to shut down and sleep until I wrote something. Considering the fact I've been going through a case of writer's block lately, I decided to comply.

Title: So Close
Rating: K
Summary: Post-Dwarf in the Dirt (spoiler warning).

It isn't until they're walking out to the SUV that Brennan has a chance to properly voice what's been on her mind since seeing Booth land each shot perfectly. "See, I told you it was all in your head."

Booth laughs it off and shakes his head. He wonders what would happen if he just told her; if, for once, he'd stop trying to do what's best for everyone else and do what he needs. Except what he needs and what Brennan needs have become so inexplicably intertwined he's not really sure if being patient is such a bad thing. "Yeah, well, I got my recertification. That's what matters."

Brennan smiles as Booth wraps an arm around her shoulders. Despite the chill in the air she feels warmer, and it's then that it hits her. This isn't the first time Booth's gone out of his way to touch her in less than a professional manner. She's tried explaining it away before, and she thinks she can now because after all he must be seeking reassurance that he's still good enough to be her partner. That thought doesn't stop her from wishing that things were different before loosely sliding an arm around his waist in return. "We should celebrate."

He groans against the crown of her head as he pulls her close. "Believe me, I would absolutely love to celebrate with you, but by the time we get back and I take you by your place it'd probably be too late to do anything."

"That's never stopped us before." Brennan answers, furrowing her brow as she tries figuring out why she suddenly feels a little offended. "We always celebrate after a case or when something good happens."

His hand slides just that much more around her shoulder, fingers mindessly fiddling with the ends of her hair, and Booth tries convincing himself that he's doing the right thing. The truth is, being that close to her when it's just them is becoming increasingly hard on his patience. Every time there's a silence he feels compelled to fill it with what he wants so badly for her to know. Gordon-Gordon's words ring in his ears. Right, Booth thinks, I've gotta be patient. As he catches the hopeful look in Brennan's eyes Booth thinks that it wouldn't be such a bad thing to give her this. She needs to know that things are normal between us; that things haven't changed.

"I guess if you don't-"

Booth stops and turns toward her as they stand a few feet away from the SUV. "I always want to."

Brennan frowns as she searches his eyes for something she might have missed. She's getting better at reading people, but there's still something she feels like she's not quite seeing. "But you just said-"

"I know, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea. I mean, if there ever was anyone I'd wanna celebrate with, it would be you." Booth releases his grip on her shoulders and lets his arm fall until Brennan's hand reaches out to catch his. Half of his mouth turns up into a smile. Maybe, Booth thinks as they reach the SUV and he keeps hold of her hand until they're so far apart they're standing on oppsite sides of the truck and have no choice but to let go, patience will pay off.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

So Close, a Oneshot Empty Re: So Close, a Oneshot

Post by DBCrazy Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Thanks, Tiffany. I love listening to what's going on inside their heads, and what's beyond the cameras.

And it's nice to have that muse stop by, huh? Now that you've done your part, maybe there'll be more that follows. ^^
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Thanks so much! I love getting into their minds and maybe trying to make sense of what's going on inside. They're getting there, but they aren't quite there yet.

Haha yes, it is very nice when my muse cooperates. One can only hope that there can be more. Everything happens eventually, right?
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum