Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Story By G-Woman Rated T (I guess?)

+2
Bonesbabe
Nightowl
6 posters

Go down

Halloween Story By G-Woman  Rated T (I guess?) Empty Halloween Story By G-Woman Rated T (I guess?)

Post by Nightowl Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:40 am

Alright, so she's too much of a chicken to post it herself, so I'm taking pre-emptive action and posting it for her. She won't mind. Honest. uh...I hope.
So, Insert appropriate disclaimer here............Don't own Bones....not for profit.......... and so on.
and here we go...

Halloween Story

The young boy walked up the steps of the house, pausing only for a second to look back at his father who was waiting on the sidewalk for him to do his thing. His father smiled and nodded his head for the boy to continue up the steps.
The boy stopped to look at the carved jack-o’-lantern and the other decorations on the step, and made his way up to the door and rang the bell.
A smiling man answered the door with a bowl of candy and laughed at the little boy standing there.
“Who are you supposed to be?”
The boy looked back to his father again, and the man on the sidewalk waved and smiled.
“I’m Darth Vader sir. Trick or treat.” The boy adjusted his plastic mask, and shifted the plastic tunic of the costume to let the man at the door have a better look.
“Well, that does seem to be a popular costume this year...It looks great!” The man at the door held out a piece of candy and dropped it in the bag that the boy carried.
The boy paused, and waited, appearing to want to say something.
“Is there anything else son?”
“Well, I was wondering, my little sister is too small to go trick or treating... so I was wondering if I could have another piece of candy, and I’ll promise to share it with her?”
The man smiled warmly at the boy.
“That is very kind, if you promise, then here you go...” Another piece was dropped in the boy’s bag.
“Thank you very much sir, happy Halloween.” The boy turned and ran down the steps and back to his father waiting on the sidewalk.
They walked to the next house and repeated the process until they neared their own home at the end of the block.
The father turned to go up their own walk, but the boy hesitated.
“What’s the matter Kyle? We’ve gone to every house on the block. I think that’s enough.”
“I know Dad, but I didn’t go to Mrs. Cumberdale’s house. She said she had something special for us.” The boy pulled off his mask to show his father his sincerity, “I can go by myself, and I’ll come straight home...”
His father looked at him carefully.
“I don’t know pal, there aren’t any lights on in her house. I’m not sure she’s even home.” Max looked at the house across the street, where all the lights were off, but he could see the blue flicker of a television in the living room window.
“No, Dad, she said to come over, she had something special for me and Joy. I’ll only be a minute, I promise.”
“Okay... But be careful and come straight home. Oh, and can you ask her if she can come over tomorrow night to watch you and your sister? Your Mother and I have to work.”
His words trailed behind the boy who was already heading over to the older ladies house. Kyle turned back before crossing the street,
“Sure thing Dad, I’ll be right home.”
Max smiled and went up to and into his own house. He took off his coat and shoes and made his way up to the living room where he kissed his wife as she sat on the couch with their daughter curled up beside her. His kissed his daughter gently on the forehead, but she didn’t stir.
“Has she been asleep long?” He sat down on the other side of his wife and took her hand.
“A little while. Not long. She was waiting for her brother to come home, but she tuckered herself out spinning in circles.” Ruth laughed and squeezed her husband’s hand, “It seems that she truly embraces what it is to be Wonder Woman. Where’s Kyle?”
“He just wanted to make one last stop over at Mrs. Cumberdale’s, he’ll be right home.” Max leaned in to kiss his wife again. She leaned in too.
They were interrupted not long after by the door slamming and their son running up the stairs, crying,
“MOM! DAD! MOM! DAD!”
They both jumped off the couch and ran to meet their son.
“Kyle! What’s wrong?” Max picked up the boy who was nearly in hysterics.
It was a few seconds before Kyle was able to catch his breath and explain what happened.
“Some boys from school pushed me down and stole all my candy! Dad! They took it all and ran away...” His sobbing started fresh after he told his story.
Ruth took her son from his father’s arms and held him close. She did her best to comfort him as she watched the anger grow on her husband’s face.
“Do you know who it was? What were their names?” Max rubbed the boy’s back and looked into his wife’s eyes.
Kyle lifted his head from his mother’s shoulder and turned back to his dad. His eyes were still teary.
“I know one of them is a named Danny. I don’t know his last name though. He’s the one who took the candy. The other boys just ran away with him.” Kyle noticed his little sister standing there and he asked to be put down. He didn’t want to look like a baby in front of her.
Little Joy walked over to him once he was on his own two feet again, and gave him a hug. He hugged her back, and knelt down in front of her. He saw the concerned look on her face and wanted to reassure her that he was okay.
“I’m so sorry Joy, I know I promised you a bunch of candy, but something happened and now I don’t have any. I’m so sorry!”
The small girl smiled at her brother and took his hand.
“That’s okay. Come...watch this...I’m Wonder Woman...” She started to spin around again, taking her brother with her around the living room.
It wasn’t long before they were both laughing and eventually they collapsed in a fit of giggles.
“Hey Joy! Do you know what?”
“No.” Her face was intent on her brother’s. She believed every word he ever said.
“If you make a wish while you’re spinning around, it will come true.”
The little girl’s bright blue eyes squinted as she thought about what he had told her. She stood up and spun around and around and around until she fell down from dizziness.
“What did you wish for Joy?” Kyle asked her as he laughed.
“For the candy to be back...” She joined her brother’s laughter, and looked up to her parents who had been watching the scene from the doorway to the room.
Max went in and scooped his daughter up, also joining in the laughter.
“Well, let’s hope your wish comes true then sweetheart! C’mon you guys it’s time for bed.” He left the living room, carrying his still-giggling daughter. His son followed down the hallway and headed into his own room while his father carried his sister to her bedroom. Ruth headed for the phone on the wall in the kitchen to call an old friend to get some information. Some information regarding a certain boy named Danny who went to her son’s school.
“I’ll be right in to tuck you in...” Max smiled at his son and the boy smiled back.
Even though the candy was gone, he thought to himself that it was alright, because he still had his family. They would never leave him, of that he was sure. As he prepare for bed he could hear his father laughing and talking in his sister’s room.
He brushed his teeth and got into his favourite pair of pyjamas, the ones with Batman on them, and crawled in to bed, to wait for his father’s famous ‘tucking-in’. Some time passed before he heard his parent’s voices coming down the hallway. His father entered the room first; he was dressed in his work clothes.
A black knit sweater, black pants and a black hat. Kyle thought it was strange that his father was going to work, but not his mother, who entered the room wearing the clothes she had been wearing earlier. He couldn’t remember a time when they hadn’t gone to work together. They always worked at night, and always together. His thoughts were distracted by his mother sitting on his bed beside him with his favourite book, The Berenstein Bears.
Max took the opportunity of Kyle’s distraction in the book to sneak out of the room, but Ruth shot him a quick look that he knew to mean ‘be careful’. He also saw her quickly mouth the words ‘don’t hurt the boy, just scare him’ before he left the room and left the house to do what he had to do.
In the morning Kyle jumped out of bed and went down to the kitchen where he could smell something wonderful coming out of it. He was rubbing his eyes as he entered the room and he laughed at his little sister who was sitting at the table, still dressed in her costume from the night before.
“Did she sleep in that?” He turned to his mother who just smiled.
“She really likes that costume. It makes her happy. You should always try to make your sister happy. That’s your job as her big brother; it’s a very important role you must play. Can you promise to always do that?”
“Of course Mom! I promise. What’s for breakfast?”
“Pancakes! But you should go see your dad first. He has a surprise for you in the living room.”
“What is it?”
“Go and see. He’s waiting for you” Ruth smiled at her son again and nodded her head towards the hallway.
She heard her son’s screams of joy, and she watched as her little Wonder woman ran from the table and followed her brother’s path. The laughter she heard warmed her heart as she flipped the pancakes on the cooker.
Her kids came back into the room; both of them eating the caramel apples that had been the special gift from their babysitter. They looked so happy she didn’t have the heart to tell them they were ruining their breakfast.
Her husband came in a moment later and kissed her neck and wrapped his arms around her.
“Another successful job.”
“Are you sure you didn’t hurt that kid?” She turned her head slightly to look at him.
“No. I didn’t hurt him; I just scared him badly enough that he’ll never bully kids younger than him again. And I took all Kyle’s candy back from him too. Plus a little extra.”
“You’re a good father...”
“I try...”
He left her then to set down at the table with his kids and laugh at them enjoying the apples. He hoped they would always remember these good times, and he hoped the memories would continue for a lifetime.
Present day...
“Bones!...Hey Bones!” Booth whistled through his teeth trying to get his partners attention. He tried snapping his fingers in front of her face. That brought her back.
“What? I’m sorry. What did you ask me?” Bones focused her eyes on her partner, snapping back to reality.
“Where did you go there? Welcome back... I asked you why you always dress up as Wonder Woman every Halloween.”
The two of them walked down the halls of the Jeffersonian, headed to the annual Halloween Ball, she in her classic costume, and he dressed a Trojan warrior. Neither of them particularly wanted to go, but Cam had made it mandatory, so they were going to go and make an appearance and then sneak out for some real fun. Just no snakes this time. That was her only request.
“I don’t know Booth. It just makes me happy I guess.” She smiled at him and him back at her.
“Well then can I tell you that you look ‘Wonder’ful?” He smirked. She rolled her eyes.
They got to the door the room where the party was and he held the door open for her.
“You go ahead Booth, there’s just something I have to do really quickly... I’ll be right in.”
He raised one eyebrow and shot her a half-smile,
“Okay, but don’t take too long. I really hate these things...”
“I’ll only be a minute...”
He went into the room, and she looked quickly around to see if there was anyone around. There wasn’t, so she started to spin around and around.
Hodgins startled her out of her spinning.
“Doctor Brennan, what are you doing?”
“Uh...nothing. I was just going into the party. You look good...” She gestured towards his costume.
“You do too.” He replied, trying to stifle his smile at her antics.
Hodgins couldn’t help but wonder why she had been spinning, but left it alone as they opened the door to the flashing lights and loud music. Maybe this party wasn’t going to be so bad after all.
Please don't kill me G LOL! I liked it and thought everyone should read it! You rock my world!
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Halloween Story By G-Woman  Rated T (I guess?) Empty Re: Halloween Story By G-Woman Rated T (I guess?)

Post by Bonesbabe Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:51 pm

That was really really good! luved it Smile

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Halloween Story By G-Woman  Rated T (I guess?) Empty Re: Halloween Story By G-Woman Rated T (I guess?)

Post by ToZiKa Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm not sure if it is safe to review.......but I'm far away and I didn't post it after all......I hope Danny will survive.....and not live in a tent.....

Anyway, I really liked it G. It was nice to see Brennan have a happy memory of her family for a change.
And the end was great.....I wonder what she wished for that time.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Oh, G, cut Mr G a break for posting your story. It was really sweet! Darth Vader, Wonder Woman, Batman pajamas!!! (I wouldn't be surprised if there's a pair of Batman pj's in somebody's drawer in your house right now!)

And Booth as a Trojan warrior. Now I have a vision of him with that brush on his helmet and those knees poking out. Let's just hope that Brennan gets her wish as an adult like she got her wish when she was a little girl!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:22 am

Oh G, that was wonderful! I'm so glad you finished your story, and that Mr G posted it! Great job!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Have no idea the exact rules of a challenge, so should I be commenting on another story? Who cares! A wonderful story (no pun intended). Kyle was sweet, and so rarely used. And I loved his take on his parents' jobs. More stories, please, I beg!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum