Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode!

+11
Nightowl
dawnsfire
Meegs82
mereva
anteater
sera
jagglebells
HeyHey
spygrl
willgirl
katarina
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode! Empty It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode!

Post by katarina Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 am

Mike Ausiello confirms:
Good news, Bones fans: We’re going back in time!
Last month, I told you that Bones producers were considering rewinding the clock back to Booth and Brennan’s first assignment together for the show’s milestone 100th episode this spring. Well, I’m happy to report that the time-tripping story has been given the green light!
“We’ll be there for the first time those two personalities clashed,” confirms exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Events will conspire to make them come out of the case hating each other and vowing that they will never work together again.”
Wait, there’s more. “We’ll also see the introduction of Angela and the genesis of her friendship with Brennan,” Nathan adds. “And we’ll try and work in a Smurf reference, of course. They certainly have been absent from season 5 so far.”
A Booth/Brennan origin story and a shout-out to my beloved blue buddies? Is it my birthday?!*

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode! Empty Re: It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode!

Post by willgirl Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:29 am

Let's hope Goodman comes back!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode! Empty Re: It's official: 'Bones' will flash back for 100th episode!

Post by spygrl Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 am

bah with goodman.. I want a Zack sighting!
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:43 am

I hope this is good. This is the one DB is directing, isn't it? Does this mean the episode before will be Booth light again. Boo to that already.

They must have worked out a pretty good set-up to this, otherwise they wouldn't go forward with it, right? I'd love a X-Files Bad Blood style episode. That was so funny.

(fingers crossed for lack of strippers, fast cars and other unnecessary boys toys [Only admins are allowed to see this image] . Yes, I really disliked Bones that Foam, lol).

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 am

I think it's going to be funny. Could you imagine all the sexual tension when they first started working together? Wow.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:26 am

Haha I'm not sure how great this will be; I can suspend disbelief but c'mon, to make it work, we need Brennan with redder hair, Hodgins with the hair explosion, Booth with the hair gel, and how will they work Cam and Sweets in? Sad to have the 100th episode without a significant amount of them in it so I'm curious as to how they'll work it in =)
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:47 am

I hope they do it as a mix of current day/past case type of thing... something to intertwine it all together.
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:07 am

What I was thinking would be really cool is that if they flashed back to their first case and meeting on B&B's first real date, like they are talking about their first case and how they met and then compared it how far they have come. I think it would be an amazing way to showcase their past and future together in the 100th episode! Of course, this probably won't be the way it happens but a girl can dream, can't she? ; ) Looking forward to it either way!
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 am

There SHOULD be Zack! I checked the pilot episode, she told there: Agent Booth, you remember my assistant, Zack Addy?
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 am

I must say, I am VERY excited for this episode!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 am

Zack and Goodman both should be in it; the only way to work in Cam and Sweets would be if most of it is flashback, with the opening and closing sequences modern (something like, "I remember..." Hey, it could be a plot device to check Booth's memory/recovery). Although, they could show Booth calling Cam to complain about his latest assignment...

And sera has a point about all the little details! Don't forget, Zack was not so stiff or robotic in the very beginning, and apparently had a big mouth... "Kid's got no sense of discretion."

Looking forward to this one, though!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 am

I tell you, I still think it would be funny to find out they had slept together at first.... think about it....funny....
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Nightowl wrote:I tell you, I still think it would be funny to find out they had slept together at first.... think about it....funny....
i'm rolling around on the floor thinking about it....

*can you feel the icy sarcasm?*
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm

queen bess wrote:
Nightowl wrote:I tell you, I still think it would be funny to find out they had slept together at first.... think about it....funny....

I feel it. I feel it.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Nightowl wrote:
queen bess wrote:

I feel it. I feel it.
It would give "The End in the Beginning" another meaning. I think we all know that Hart's going to put these two together by the end of the series at least.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:29 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
Nightowl wrote:
queen bess wrote:

I feel it. I feel it.
It would give "The End in the Beginning" another meaning. I think we all know that Hart's going to put these two together by the end of the series at least.
Absolutely he is. No question in my mind.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:01 pm

We've talked about that somewhere else--that (hypothetically) B&B slept together once and that's why the case before Cleo was so disastrous. Well, not the exact reason, but connected to the reason she ordered Zack to stonewall Booth. It would color everything so differently, wouldn't it? From her taunt of "Be a cop" to his line and all the rest. I saved one of those links because, frankly that would be FF gold and I didn't want to lose my inspiration!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:57 pm

As much as I LOVE the idea, I doubt it very much: remember, she's very good in bed but Booth has no direct knowledge about it. Crying or Very sad
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 pm

mereva wrote:As much as I LOVE the idea, I doubt it very much: remember, she's very good in bed but Booth has no direct knowledge about it. Crying or Very sad
I admit that it's a little far-fetched, but they could have made a pact to JUST FORGET ALL ABOUT IT! And also, people lie, especially when they have something they want to hide.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:47 pm

May be she could "forget" about it, but he... no, never. No way.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 pm

I don't know. He wants to catch the bad guys, and that's what she's helping him do!! Realistically tho, if someone had made a pact like that, I'm sure it wouldn't have been able to last THIS long! No way!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Yup. Therefore I'm 99% positive (can't be 100% sure about anything with HH Very Happy ) that they will just hate each other (and probably start to secretly want each other) during the episode.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 am

mereva wrote:As much as I LOVE the idea, I doubt it very much: remember, she's very good in bed but Booth has no direct knowledge about it. Crying or Very sad
Damn. Forgot about that... Sad

:idea: Unless they're lying! :idea:

Yeah, just a little reluctant to give up such a promising bunny.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:24 am

dawnsfire wrote:
Damn. Forgot about that... Sad

:idea: Unless they're lying! :idea:

Yeah, just a little reluctant to give up such a promising bunny.

queen
I've yet to give up the bunny. I've got a simple explanation, in fact it makes their entire relationship make more sense really. Imagine they've had the fling, vowed later to never mention it again, but there's some residual weirdness there so they and Booth stresses to Brennan that to work together they have to put that night in a box and bury it, and not only never bring it up again, but pretend like it never happened. See with that kind of incentive I can see Brennan, the queen of compartmentalization, doing exactly that and sure, it's hard for both of them because it was the best sex they'd ever had, but they both manage to do it. Only here's the thing - neither one can really forget it.

Booth can't ever forget that night, he still dreams about it, still compares every woman he's with to her which is why he always acts like a prude when it comes to discussing sex. It's also why he is such an ass whenever she dates someone else. Brennan drives him nuts because she acts like it never happened, to him it's like she's succeeded where he's failed, she's actually managed to forget what they had that one night. So for him the mere act of discussing sex with Brennan doesn't just mean bringing that memory to the fore, it's like she's rubbing his face in the fact that she's moved on, that it meant nothing to her at all and that pisses him off. He can't function like that so he avoids sex talk at all costs and encourages Brennan to think he's a prude.

For Brennan it's the same - every man falls short of her ideal, Booth, every encounter, no matter how good, fails to measure up to what she had with him for one night. When she sees him with Tessa she's surprised because she can't believe he's moved on already when she not only dumped Pete but had to run off to Guatemala in an effort to learn how to deal with her emotions. So when Brennan talks about sex or the men in her life she's doing it on purpose, she wants to see if he feels anything, she wants to get a rise out of him, to force him to remember and when Booth manages to keep control it just convinces her he's forgotten it all. She takes his reaction as evidence of his Catholic guilt, his reluctance to talk about sex is due to his puritan sense of propriety, his ability to act as if it never happened proves he doesn't have any real feelings for her.

You can totally tie this in with Brennan's reluctance to sleep with Booth when she has no such reluctance to bed any number of lesser men, also her continued denial to Angela of her feelings for Booth when they're so plain for everyone else to see or why she allows him to touch her, to invade her space in a way she'd never allow another man to do. On Booth's side it explains Tessa, his falling back into bed with Rebecca, his renewed relationship with Cam - at first these women are an effort to forget Brennan, to move past what they had, but after Cam, when Booth sees her with Sully, it suddenly becomes all too real for him. He loves her, he has to admit it to himself, but he doesn't know how to get what they had back when it's painfully obvious to him she's forgotten that night, moved on and has no real feelings for him beyond friendship, and maybe never will.

See, Plot bunny not only saved but it's just given birth to a litter of baby bunnies.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 am

You make a wonderful midwife, my King! Laughing Danke!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum