Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish

+2
Bonesbabe
kiki
6 posters

Go down

Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish Empty Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish

Post by kiki Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:17 am

This is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I told myself I wasn't doing any work tonight and watched the new Bones ep, but found myself becoming increasingly frustrated by the so close! ending....et voila.

I am seriously out of practice so please don't judge too harshly!

Spoilers if you haven't seen A Night at the Bones Museum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was, yes, but...you and I, this was our case...and I guess...what goes on between us, that should just be ours. Isn't that what you said?"

Her eyes captivated him, the soft museum lighting emphasising their azure hue and he had to strongly resist the urge to swallow. There was a vulnerability to her words that he was having trouble understanding. Booth struggled to speak for a brief moment before agreeing, his vocal cords straining slightly and his head feeling disconcertingly buoyant as he did. Almost as though following through with a preconceived plan, Booth felt his weight shift forward as he leaned his face toward hers.

Panic gripped his stomach in the split second it took his brain to register what his body was doing. Astonishingly, though, he found no trace of unease or fear in Brennan’s unwavering gaze. He even thought he saw a glimmer of expectation in the tilt of her head and the slight pout of her lips...he couldn’t wrench his eyes from that beautiful mouth. A frisson of excitement bubbled through his stomach at the idea that this could be it: after all their months of dancing and uncertainty, they were both finally willing to... A burst of invasive unwelcome laughter suddenly exploded from Booth’s right.

“Come on you two! The ambassador’s about to speak.”

Angela’s call ripped through the air, instantly shattering the remaining tension. The partners turned to glance at the stairway, to acknowledge their colleagues and avoid revealing to one another the disappointment that flared briefly in their frustrated eyes. Booth’s throat constricted painfully as he nodded quickly at Hodgins. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Brennan make some equally non-committal gesture at the group. Their message relayed, the five employees trooped out, their vibrancy and cheery departure signaling just how ignorant they were to the moment they had unwillingly intruded upon.

There was a crippling tension in his spine as he moved his gaze towards Brennan’s, fearful, as ever, that she would suddenly shut down and distance herself from him. He quirked his lips briefly, attempting to dispel any budding awkwardness between them. To his surprise, he noticed a tight smile straining at the corner of her mouth as her gaze flickered briefly towards his. Her expression was almost ironic, as though she too couldn’t believe that they had been thwarted once again. His focus remained transfixed on her, wondering if she really did feel as disappointed as he or if it was simply his hopeful overactive imagination.

Quite unexpectedly, he felt her gentle touch at his throat as she adjusted his bowtie. His Adam’s apple seemed to double in size at the gesture and he fought to thank her out loud. Emboldened by her intimate action and heedless to the ramifications, he reached up and gently stroked a lock of her hair. Brennan’s answering smile told him she was pleased by their mutual attempts at private personal contact.

Their gazes remained fused and Booth suddenly cleared his throat, unable to continue the intense silence, fraught as it was with unattainable promise. Both partners abruptly turned towards the stairs, horribly aware that their moment had been destroyed but sought some comfort from the fact that they had managed to salvage a few seconds of closeness from the ruined possibility.

Booth’s disappointment weighed heavily on his shoulders as he trudged across the decorated floor. Why did they never seem to be able to progress the way he wanted them to? Their path to intimacy seemed eternally fraught with unforeseen barriers: uncertainty, trust issues, superficial relationships, illness, fear, family interruptions, family departures, comas, clowns...you name it, they’d had it. And now, one of the only times he could remember having the courage and flippancy to actually show her how he felt and believing that she might actually reciprocate, their coworkers barged in and messed everything up. Again.

He suddenly stopped dead at the top of the stairs. He heard an adorable squeak from behind him as Brennan collided with his back. He was aware of her questioning him but was so thunderstruck he was unable to focus on her words.

Tonight was yet another example of a wasted opportunity. A leading conversation, some lingering eye contact, obvious displays of comfort in one another’s company...and yet nothing came of it, yet again. As ever, they failed to have the conviction to follow through with the build-up of events. As ever, another perfect moment was ruined.

However, it was suddenly profoundly dawning on him that perhaps it wasn’t ruined. Perhaps there was no such thing as perfect moments. Perhaps he had to stop waiting for the imagined ‘right time’. Maybe all they would ever get was a series of opportunities...and it was up to the two partners alone what they would or wouldn’t make of them.

The potential for success blossomed before him with a clarity that was almost blinding. Aware that they had precious time, he gently took hold of Brennan’s arm and moved her up onto the step beside him. Her stream of enquiry died in her throat at the expression on his face.

He swallowed heavily and felt a tingle shoot down his spine, but he felt no fear. In fact, he was smiling. Brennan tilted her head to one side as her mouth curled into an amused smirk at her partner’s odd behaviour. Taking a deep breath while his head swam with adrenaline, Booth took a step closer to Brennan and touched the toes of his shoes to hers. Her eyebrow quirked at this but her eyes widened in astonishment when a moment later his right arm curled around her waist.

Her head dipped briefly, but only for a moment, and when her gaze met his a second later an unbidden smile stretched across her face. His left hand reached up and he grazed his knuckles against her hair. A tiny giggle gurgled in her throat as she slowly raised her hand. Her eyes remained fixed on her moving palm as though she couldn’t quite believe what she was daring to do. After a moment, he felt her cool touch against his cheek and her blazing eyes met his once more.

He grinned at her, but the smile slid smoothly from his face as the seriousness of the moment overcame him. He saw her nod her head once, although whether it was to him or herself he wasn’t certain. Brennan’s tongue darted out and swept over her lower lip. A vivacious tingling exploded low in Booth’s stomach. His breath caught unexpectedly and he felt instantaneously paralyzed.

“Well it’s about time.”

Her teasing breathy voice caressed his face and he laughed as all hesitations were swept away. He bent his head and felt his stomach somersault with happiness as she raised herself up to meet him. Their lips touched, gently at first. He felt her meld her body to his and sighed against her mouth. This seemed to be exactly the reaction she was looking for and her tongue began to probe his lips. As though he could ever deny her.

Her free hand moved to anchor herself to him as their tongues explored and caressed. He tightened his grip on her waist as she ran the toe of one shoe along the length of his lower calf. A gentle gasp escaped her lips as he ran his fingers down her throat and along her clavicle. She tilted her head, changing their position ever so slightly and giving herself increasing access to the depths of his mouth.

Presently, he pulled back somewhat to plant gentle kisses against her mouth, the smacking sounds of their bare lips touching a testament to how passionate their previous embrace had been. She lowered her head gently with a smile, a frustrated grumble emerging from her throat over their lack of time. He stepped away from her as they turned to continue toward their destination, both wishing desperately that they could stay here, undetected, all night.

He wondered briefly whether she would dismiss this as a slip in judgement and try to revert back to their normal partnership. He was furiously concocting rational arguments as to why this development was a fantastic step for them when he felt her touch his arm briefly. Startled, he realised they were standing before a set of closed double doors, behind which Brennan would give her speech. His frantic tirade died in his throat at the knowing smile on her lips and her eyes shimmering with promise and unfinished business. Booth nodded briefly at her and opened the doors to let her pass through ahead of him. He couldn’t resist running his finger quickly and discreetly down the length of her arm and reveled in the shiver of desire that coursed through her at his touch. Smiling to himself, his heart alight with joy, he followed her into the room to meet her oblivious audience.

Neither could wait to get home and allow what had gone on between them to continue and flourish. To become theirs in a way that few other things could. Both partners knew that it was right. And had been a long, long, long time coming.

They were both finally tired of waiting.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish Empty Re: Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish

Post by Bonesbabe Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:41 am

That was perfect. I wish that happened in the ep. I was like kiss her! But he didnt Sad lol

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish Empty Re: Extended Night at the Bones Museum. Fluff. K...ish

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 am

Oh kiki...that was wonderful! That's what they should have done! Thanks so much for making that ending perfect!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:30 pm

kiki wrote:I am seriously out of practice so please don't judge too harshly!
That's you being out of practice? OMGoodness. I can't wait till you get back in the swing of things!

I loved it!!

And if you have any desire to run this into 'after the speech', go for it!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 pm

More more more Please? I can't wait till you get in the swing of things Smile The "adorable little squeak" that was kinda cuteee Smile
Anyways, please More!
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:45 am

Aw gosh, thanks so much everbody, reviewers and readers alike!

Hadn't intended to continue with this and the inspiration is sporadic at best...but if the mood strikes me, ye'll be the first to know!

Thanks again.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:28 am

Kiki, I loved it. I so wish this had happened on the show. Tingles here! x

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum