Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blind Date.

+3
annd28
treble21
RGPageantqueen
7 posters

Go down

The Blind Date. Empty The Blind Date.

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am

I'm sure this has been done already but whatever. I'm going to just do it because I can so.... HA!

"I'm not sure I understand what you're asking of me?" I said as I sat at my desk, it was a slow week in the jeffersonian and while we were antsy for a new case it looked like society was being fairly nice to each other as no mutilated bodies have shown up on our silver lab tables in almost a month.

"I'm saying, that you need a man, Sweetie, whats wrong with a blind date?" Angela said throwing herself on my couch.

"I don't need a boyfriend Angela, I'm perfectly happy with the way my life is now and besides, who's to say you won't throw me on a date with Sweets?"

Angela scoffed, "You think I'd do that to you, Sweetie? Look, it's one date. Don't even think of it as a date, just think of it as a... getting to know you period."

"Why are you so hung up on me getting a boyfriend?"

"Because you're lonely, sweetie, you go home to an empty apartment, every night, eat dinner for one and go to sleep in that queen sized bed, alone. Don't you want someone beside you when you fall asleep? their arm thrown lazily over your body as you drift of to dreamland?"

"And you think you've got the perfect guy for me to fall asleep next to?"

"Yes. So will you?"

I sighed looking at my computer hoping for some kind of email to pull me away from what I was about to say but sadly I hadn't gotten anything good in my inbox in the last three days, I looked up at her, "Yeah, alright. But it's one date. No commitments."

Angela shrieked just a little, "You're going to love him." She said as she rushed out of my office.

Booth flipped open his phone for the millionth time that day, even though he'd been at his desk all day and he knew for a fact his phone hadn't rung once, he still wished to see that "missed call" alert on his screen. He dug the heels of his hands into his eyes, feeling a lack of sleep filling him when his cell phone began vibrating against the stack of papers he'd laid it on, flipping it open, he looked at the caller, "Cam! Whats up?"

"Seeley! Listen, I was wondering, it's been kind of dead here, you wanna grab a drink?"

"Please, I'd love to, meet you in 15?"

"Sounds good, I've got a proposition I wanna run past you."

Booth was there before she was, but he smiled when he saw her walking up the path, a heavy black coat, hands jammed in her pockets and hair pulled back in a low ponytail, She smiled at him and opened her arms for a hug.

"So whats this proposition you have for me?" Booth said after they'd put in their orders.

Cam smiled, but looked down at her hands that were clasped together on the bar in front of her, "Promise me you won't feel offended?"

Booth chuckled if not nervously and looked at her, "alright, I'll try."

She looked at him, "what do you think about going on a blind date?"

Booth smiled, "with you? Don't you think it defeats the 'blind' purpose if you ask me to my face?"

Cam laughed, "Not me, of course, someone else."

"Seriously?" Booth said as his beer came he took a long swig.

"See, you're offended."

"Not offended, just confused, Why do you think I need to go on a blind date?"

"Because you've been lonely these past few months, you haven't dated anyone since we broke up and that was almost 2 years ago. No commitments, just do it for me?"

"For you huh?"

She smiled, "Yes, for me."

"alright for you, I will. But if she turns out to be some kind of gnarly toothed troll, you'll be in a for a long line of hell."

"Don't worry she won't be a troll. Be at Nolita's Friday night at 7. Wear a red rose on your jacket."

"Red rose. Got it. How will I know who she is?"

"She'll know by the red rose."

Ok first chapter, kinda off my head, I'll work it as I go. Smile Let me know what you think!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

The Blind Date. Empty Re: The Blind Date.

Post by treble21 Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:58 am

I see where this is going LOL, good job
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:03 pm

who doesn't. but you don't know how it will turn out... Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:09 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:who doesn't. but you don't know how it will turn out... Very Happy

which is why I'm excited to read the rest :!: Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:18 pm

haha, I'm almost done with the second chapter. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

The Blind Date. Empty Chapter 2

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 pm

The cool nip of the fall air bit at Booth's cheeks as he walked up the plaza to Nolita's. He was 15 minutes early, but right now he was just worried about getting inside and out of the cold. Inside, the restaurant was packed, how was his date going to find him in this mess. He choose to sit at the bar when a familiar face at the end of the bar caught his eye, "Bones? What are you doing here?" Booth said hugging me.

I smiled when I saw him, suddenly feeling a bit embarrased now that my partner was going to see me on my date with someone I didn't know, but he wasn't here, yet that I knew of, so I choose to chat some, "A girl's gotta eat."

Booth smiled, "Here?"

"well they have good food."

Booth put up his hand, "No need to justify yourself, just thought this isn't a typical place to catch a late dinner. Can I get you a drink?"

"You don't need to get me anything. I'm actually waiting for someone. Actually, it's kind of silly, but Angela set me on a blind date, but he's not here yet."

Booth chuckled and I looked at him, "I know it's silly, please don't judge me."

"I'm not judging you Bones. It's just Cam did the same thing to me. Are you sure you don't want a drink? It's on me."

"No, Thank you. I'll wait for my date. I just hope he doesn't get lost. I don't even know what he looks like."

"well does he know what you look like?"

"I don't know all I know is Angela said he'd have a red rose on his jacket." It was then that I saw it the little red rose pinned to his jacket, he looked down then back at me, " I can't believe she did this."

"I'm your date? Angela and am set us up?"

I nodded, "Completely set us up. Well I guess I'll take that drink then."

"Yeah?"

We grabbed a table, and I looked at my partner, for once seeing the man for who he was, not the FBI man I saw everyday at work, "How's Parker?"

"Parker's great. He's coming for Halloween, we're going trick or treating in my old neighborhood."

"That's adorable, Booth. Does he know what he's going to be?"

"An FBI Agent." Booth grinned, It was clear he was proud of his son, the way his eyes twinkled.

"Just like his daddy?"

"Just like. But enough about Parker, whats been up at the lab? I feel like it's a foreign country now. How are the interns coming?"

I sighed, "It's not like it was with Zack, but we're managing. I really like Wendell though, he may end up with the job."

"Yeah? Is that why you donated money to his scholarship?"

I looked at him, "I did no such thing."

"Right. So what'll it be?" He said looking at his menu.

"I don't know, but i heard the lamb was excellent."

"Lamb it is." Booth said putting down his menu. Reaching across the table he did the same to mine, our eyes finally meeting for real, "You look beautiful tonight Bones."

I smiled, my stomach turned a little and not because I was hungry, "Thank you Booth."

"I never understood why it's taken us this long to wind up here, or the fact that it took our friends setting us up for us to realize it."

"Realize what?"

"You know what, Bones. Anyways, Have you been working on a new book?"

"The Publishers want to put out the new book in January. They're talking about a book tour. I'll probably be out of work for a few months, so you'll have the interns, is that ok?"

"A book tour will be good for you, Bones."

" Yeah, I don't want to be away from work for that long, but they're saying it will be good for my P.R."

"It will be. Your fans will be happy to meet you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Just then our dinner arrived, "this looks delicious." He said as the waiter placed the plates in front of us.

"I had a great time, Bones. I mean, anytime I'm with you, I have a good time, but tonight was exquisite." Booth said as we approached my apartment door, the wind blew a loose strand of my hair and caught on my lip. I could see his hand come up to brush it away.

"Really Booth you had a good time? All we did was talk about work."

"I know, but I had fun." I couldn't help but smile and I knew he wanted to as well.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked? "It's cold out there, and I could make some coffee."

"coffee would be wonderful." He said as I unlocked the door, Booth sat on the couch, as I made my way to the sink filling the coffee pot of water, When I came out with the cups I found my partner asleep, Smiling I set the cup on the table and pulled the throw blanket over him, "Good night, Booth" I whispered, "I had a good night with you too, I always do." I said as I turned out the light and headed to my room.

I wanna apologize for the ending I was on the phone when I was writing it so i was a bit distracted.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Very good, loved it. . .waiting on the next chapter.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Haha. Are Angela and Cam spying somewhere? 'Cause that would be funny Smile Update soon!!

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:03 am

bumping for an update... Which I'm working on.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Thnx4theGum Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:32 pm

This is really fun so far. Can't wait to see what happens next! Smile
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:44 am

Booth was up before me. When I finally dragged myself out of bed- after having hit the snooze button three times (morning ritual, of course) I could hear footsteps in the kitchen and immediately I grabbed for my baseball bat, "Get out of my house or I'll kill you" I warned from my room.

"Bones? Bones, are you awake?" It was Booth. He walked into the doorway and looked at me, then smiled, "Do you plan on killing me with your baseball bat?"

I put down the bat, "I forgot you were here." I said then rubbed my eyes.

"You know if I was a robber, logically I would have a gun and your baseball bat would pale in comparison to my gun." He said.

"It's not like you to be the logical one," I said grabbing my robe.

"But I know criminals like you know bones, so in this case, I'm the logical one. I made breakfast, if you want some, pancakes and eggs?"

"I was going to hop in the shower. Do you need one?"

Booth cracked a coy smile, "are you asking me to join you in the shower?"

I looked at him, then quickly averted my gaze to the floor, digging my big toe into the lush tan carpeting, "No, I meant you can take one after me."

"but you meant it as an offer to join you." Booth said moving in closer, "Is that what you want?"

I looked up at him, "It was a genuine mistake."

"That doesn't answer my question, do you want me to join you?"

I looked at him, "I'm taking my shower now."

"I'm going to take that as an offer. But let me go turn off the stove first. hold that thought." He said. I looked around me, unsure of what to do, it wasn't like I didn't want to shower with Booth, but at the same time, we'd only been out on one date, we hadn't even kissed before- unless you count that one time we kissed under the mistletoe, but that was blackmailed by Caroline, so that doesn't even count, but at the same time, if I remember correctly, he was a great kisser. I felt a smile creep over my mouth and I looked down.

"alright, lets do it." He said returning all too quickly. I hadn't even planned this, I had nothing, no kind of protection or anything. Suddenly I felt my heartbeat begin to race. Everything happened so fast, it started with him taking my hand, his chocolate eyes met my blue ones, his eyes carressing mine in rhythm to his thumb as it caressed the back of my hand, "I've wanted this for far too long Bones." he said, his voice suddenly down two octives, he was definitely getting into it.

"You have?" My voice cracked but I managed to get it out. My eyes unable to tear away from his.

"Are you crazy? Do you know how hard it is to work with someone as amazing and beautiful as you for five years and not done something to her when the whole time thats all you wanted to do?"

I smiled, "I know how hard it is, to work with a guy who smells so good it drives you crazy and when he smiles at me it makes my heart melt and I have to keep my cool because we shouldn't even be in a work relationship."

"But you can't help it because you want to be that person so badly so you do everything you can to ignore it. Please Bones lets not ignore it anymore."

"we have to get to work, Booth."

"Please Bones, don't run. Please don't run from this. How come you can sleep with a guy so easily but with me you turn and run away. It's not the sex you're afraid of."

I looked down, it was true, in any other situation I'd be all over it, hell it would be half way over at this point, but now I was trying to get out of it, all because of the man who I was about to do it with, I looked at him, "Because I'm scared."

Booth leaned down and kissed me, long slow, passionately, "Don't be scared Bones. I'll never hurt you."

And on that note, I must leave, I have class to get too. Sad But PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!!! Are they going to do it? Should they do it? Let me know!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:38 am

I'm not gonna say they should or shouldn't. I'm just along for the ride. Fun one so far. =] Waiting for more.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:58 am

No, I wanna know what you all think... Someone drag Rob in here, I liked his psycho-logical reviews, sometimes they led to really good chapters. So I digress...

Should they or shouldn't they?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:30 am

Looks like they want to, despite Brennan's terror of giving herself (her heart, not her body) to Booth, and then getting hurt.
The only way she will ever know, is to try. Giving your heart to someone and leaving yourself open to hurt is a chance we all take. I can understand her fear, because when you get your heart ripped out, it hurts, man, it hurts. You never want it to happen again. But the potential rewards, omg, if it goes right, there's nothing like it. If she ever wants to feel that wonderful feeling, she'll have to give herself up top it. My hope is she'll realize that.
*looks at what I just said, can't tell if it makes sense. oh well... Shrugs*
I want them to do it, not just the sex, but to give that part of herself, this closely guarded part of herself she protects from hurt, over to this guy who she obviously has a tremendous connection with. I want Brennan to trust Booth that he means it when he says he'll never hurt her. I want Brennan to give in to her emotions, I want her to realize that if she wants to be truly happy, she should give herself to Booth.

I say do it. I think that's what all that said. I am very meandery today.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:39 am

bump, while I try to think of how I want the next chapter to go.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:42 am

Yayyyy!!!! more Very Happy please.
~ queen sunny ~ <-Empress Sunnie Very Happy
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum