Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~How She Deals~ one shot by Ann

3 posters

Go down

~How She Deals~ one shot by Ann Empty ~How She Deals~ one shot by Ann

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm

A/N: After one of their most hardest cases this is how I see Brennan winding down. Its a one shot that just fell out of my head.

~Dealing~

I stood on my terrace listening to the thunder roll in the distance. The city seemed to be sleeping almost. Just staring across the darkness one wouldn't believe that there was chaos and fear in the world. As I stood there a cold wind blew lifting my hair from my shoulders. My skin prickles against the chilled breeze.

I wrap my arms around myself after such a brutal case and a horrendous murder its nice to know I'm still me. The depression didn't swallow me, I'm still here, this one didn't take me with it. Its become more and more apparent to me now how I am unable to cut off from the victims I come across. With this admission I feel my heart skip leaning against the railing I close my eyes to the coll breeze. The more I feel numb the better my heart feels.

My eyes closed my brain slowing finally my heart rate slowing as well. His eyes are there warm and comforting,loving. Dare I say loving? Understanding.

Those eyes that smile Seeley Booth how did he sneak beyond my defenses? Every case we faced together. It was him he who told me “We all die a little Bones,”

That we did, that we definitely did. I open my eyes again to the night sky. My heart suddenly beating wildly in my chest. He understands me like no other. He knows how much I hurt yet he knows how to sooth.

Where was he tonight? On a date no less, with our paper work complete there is no reason for him to be here. The thought angers me a little and I soon find myself laughing at my own jealousy. Turning I return to my bedroom, leaving the terrace doors open. I brought Tempe back in with me, leaving cold harsh memories of my week on the concrete floor outside.

Yet my thoughts never leave him. Even as I climb into bed, my legs sliding against the cold sheets my mind never leaves him.

Just as I lay down a knock at my door pulls me back. Angela probably needs a place to crash, being in my boy shorts and blue baby tee and it being Ange I don't bother with a robe. I open the door and there he stands. A smile on my lips as I take in the sight of him. On a sigh I say “Booth,”

I know just as well as he how late it is, how he looks in blue jeans and a t-shirt. A smile gracing his lips in that moment I know no matter what I love this man.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

~How She Deals~ one shot by Ann Empty Re: ~How She Deals~ one shot by Ann

Post by DBCrazy Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:36 pm

She can't keep him out of her head!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:53 pm

And he can't stay away...bet that date didn't end the way the other she wanted!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum