Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?!

+6
MoonlightGardenias
jagglebells
heirofloki
mereva
ToZiKa
Rike
10 posters

Go down

Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?! Empty Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?!

Post by Rike Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:15 pm

just found that

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

hopefully it works.... Smile

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?! Empty Re: Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?!

Post by ToZiKa Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:55 pm

I don't think I like the idea all that much.....getting to know something from their past sounds good, but I'm not eagr to see them fight.....

Thanks for posting, Rike!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?! Empty Re: Ausiello: 'Bones' scoop: Booth and Brennan's 'terrible' past uncovered?!

Post by mereva Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:51 am

I'm not sure about this idea either.
But may be, just may be, it actually does have some potential: after all, Booth wanted her back and even met her at the airport...
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:26 am

Oh, come on you guys. They hated each other at the beginning, that's fine. They've come a long way since then -that, to me, makes the relationship all the more interesting: they've really had to strive to get over their first impressions and initial dislike of each other to get to where they are now.

So yeah, as you can probably tell, I'm all for this plotline. =)

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 am

I think it would be hilarious! Can you imagine the comments from Angela and the others? The only thing is though is that Cam and Sweets would not be in it. Or the interns. I think it would be interesting.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:36 am

I didn't say that it wouldn't be interesting, I'm sure there would be some very interesting facts about them in there.....
I'm just not sure, if I like the idea of seeing them not liking each other.....although of course it would only be for on epi.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:26 am

I like the idea of them going back and showing us their first case together, but I'm not sure I see the point. It would be amusing to see how much they have grown, both independently and together, but I don't think they should devote an entire episode to it. Especially if it is indeed the 100th episode. I could see them going back, maybe featuring flashbacks or something, but what would really be the purpose, unless something really big and monumental is about to happen in their relationship/partnership? Otherwise, it will just seem like another TEitB, only with stuff that actually happened and have it not be as squeeful.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 am

I always thought it would be funny to find out that they had actually slept together after that first case, and that's why they hated each other at first. I think this pre-episode would be interesting, it could completely re-shape the dynamic between them if it's done right. We shall see I suppose...
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:43 am

Hah! That would be a great episode!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Nightowl wrote:I always thought it would be funny to find out that they had actually slept together after that first case, and that's why they hated each other at first. I think this pre-episode would be interesting, it could completely re-shape the dynamic between them if it's done right. We shall see I suppose...
See, now THAT is a good idea for the show! The only flaw I can see is that she was living with Pete at the time and I don't see her cheating on her live-in boyfriend.

Here's how I'd like to see it play out. Something comes up related to that case, say the perp is released on bond pending a new trial when a pro-defense judge tosses a significant piece of evidence on appeal. The kicker here being that the evidence tossed is somehow related to work Brennan did for Booth, so the only thing for them to do is to revisit the case and go over everything from the beginning. We'd not only get a nice heavily B&B centric episode that gave us flashbacks to what they were like back then, but also an episode that would necessarily be very case oriented (for a change).

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:53 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:I always thought it would be funny to find out that they had actually slept together after that first case, and that's why they hated each other at first. I think this pre-episode would be interesting, it could completely re-shape the dynamic between them if it's done right. We shall see I suppose...
See, now THAT is a good idea for the show! The only flaw I can see is that she was living with Pete at the time and I don't see her cheating on her live-in boyfriend.

Here's how I'd like to see it play out. Something comes up related to that case, say the perp is released on bond pending a new trial when a pro-defense judge tosses a significant piece of evidence on appeal. The kicker here being that the evidence tossed is somehow related to work Brennan did for Booth, so the only thing for them to do is to revisit the case and go over everything from the beginning. We'd not only get a nice heavily B&B centric episode that gave us flashbacks to what they were like back then, but also an episode that would necessarily be very case oriented (for a change).

king RM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... We don't have an actual timeline for pre-pilot interactions between B&B. Do we know how long Brennan was involved with Peter? And I don't believe it was ever stated how much of a gap there was between the very 1st case they worked on and her trip to Guatemala. Guess I have to go back & rewatch the 1st 3 epis...
Depending on what kind of timeframe we're talking, there could have been some interesting sparks and possible fire between them. Adds something to that scene at the range, doncha think? (But I'm betting in that case that Angela knows nothing about it.) And that it might not be cheating if she wasn't involved with Pete, because I agree with your take, despite her later comments of "Monogamy is not natural..."
And don't forget, Brennan was not out in the field at that time! She gave Booth all the info from the x-rays.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:56 pm

THX1138 wrote:

king RM
Man, do I hope there are more case related episodes. Take us back!
*okay, but the "live-in" Pete, and her many observations to Booth that monogamy just doesn't work... perhaps she knows from experience that it is not feasible, and Booth knows why she knows. See what I mean... dynamic changing...
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... We don't have an actual timeline for pre-pilot interactions between B&B. Do we know how long Brennan was involved with Peter? And I don't believe it was ever stated how much of a gap there was between the very 1st case they worked on and her trip to Guatemala. Guess I have to go back & rewatch the 1st 3 epis...
Depending on what kind of timeframe we're talking, there could have been some interesting sparks and possible fire between them. Adds something to that scene at the range, doncha think? (But I'm betting in that case that Angela knows nothing about it.) And that it might not be cheating if she wasn't involved with Pete, because I agree with your take, despite her later comments of "Monogamy is not natural..."
And don't forget, Brennan was not out in the field at that time! She gave Booth all the info from the x-rays.

queen
Yes Dawn, I completely agree,
The scene at the range would have a completely different meaning. I must watch the pilot again, I wonder what else it might change
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:07 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but... We don't have an actual timeline for pre-pilot interactions between B&B. Do we know how long Brennan was involved with Peter? And I don't believe it was ever stated how much of a gap there was between the very 1st case they worked on and her trip to Guatemala. Guess I have to go back & rewatch the 1st 3 epis...
You know I don't think it was ever stated specifically how long Peter and Brennan were together but I always assumed at least six months and maybe as much as a year. I'm basing this on the fact that this is pre-Boothanized Brennan so the walls are firmly in place and the heart is on lockdown, yet Peter lived with her, or at least stayed over often enough that he had a TV set in her apartment and keys to get in. Also there was at least a two month gap between Booth's first case with Brennan and the Cleo Eller case since Brennan was in Guatemala for exactly two months. Now I know this is all psychology but Peter and Brennan broke up before she left for Guatemala, so I'm assuming she ran true to form and that was the catalyst for her leaving the country - something gets too close too affecting her and she runs until she's in control again.

One more thing, it's not exactly clear that the case they worked together before she left for Guatemala was in fact the first and only case they'd worked together at that time. Both Brennan and Booth make statements that could be construed as supporting more extensive previous involvement, or at least not ruling it out. Statements such as "The last case we worked together..." "After the last case..." are not definitive. "The last case we worked together" could indicate that was more than one case. Likewise "After the last case" begs the listener to assume that there was more than one case otherwise it would have been more correct for her to say something like "After our previous interaction" or "Your behavior on our previous case" both of which are definitive and specific, which is to say Brennan-like. Finally it is widely accepted that Booth was in her first book Bred in the Bone, and it's hardly likely that she'd have included a characterization of him based off limited interaction on one case.

Instead I posit the theory that Booth and Brennan worked several cases together prior to her going to Guatemala, but she was a lab monkey for all of them and their relationship was not 'exclusive', rather she and the rest of her staff were on loan to the FBI and other Federal organizations in general. Thus by virtue of working with Booth for several months and being involved with him over several cases she was able to 1) learn to dislike him intensely 2) write him into her book and 3) owing to his behavior on their last case, tell Zack to screen her calls and keep him away. Just a theory, but it fits the evidence at hand.

Well Angela wouldn't know about it, but she does comment on Booth's "buckets of sexual confidence". Now let's enter total suposition land - here's what I'd bet happened:

Brennan and Peter break up leading to Brennan and Booth hooking up on the rebound but despite the great sex it ends up being wayyyy awkward. Their next case together is the penultimate one to the pilot and when it goes badly Brennan, feeling both personally and professionally frustrated, flees for Guatemala. It fits. It also explains her knowing where Booth lives and her expression when she sees Tessa there as well as her surprise that Booth is with someone. Given how quickly she forms attachments to men (David, Will, Sully...) its entirely possible that Brennan came back from Guatemala, started working with Booth and began thinking of forming a relationship with him only to see Tessa and get hurt all over again. Her continued bashing of monogomy could be attributable not only to having had men cheat on her, but the feeling that Booth cheated on his girlfriend with her. It also explains why, even now, she's reluctant to admit she's in love with him - if he cheated on Tessa with her, why wouldn't he cheat on her with someone else?

Just me being a wild fantacist here, but it would explain a hell of a lot.

king RM

Ah, and point of clarification - I'm not saying Booth cheated on Tessa, they probably weren't even together then, just that Brennan jumped to the conclusion that they were together then and he cheated on Tessa with her.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:16 pm

You know, if even half of you suggest is true (or close), Sweets would have a field day with all of that.

I did have the impression of more than one case pre-Pilot, despite Booth only referencing one to Cullen, mostly from the references to "last case." In one of my stories, I made Cleo #3 (with the rather pointed comment that Booth had worked more cases with Brennan than any of the other Agents, but not because of his charm. Luck of the draw & circumstances more likely).
Good point on the book, too--hadn't caught that before, and even Brennan can't write a book and get it published overnight. That would suggest...oh, say about 6 months minimum. It could have actually been published while she was gone, of course, but still.
And while I do like your theory, there seems to be one hole. Yes, Brennan is surprised, seeing Tessa at Booth's. But if she slept with Booth before running, that was 2-3 months before that case. I'll accept the initial shock, but talk about your quantum leaps...why assume the relationship was in place that much earlier? On the other hand, it would explain why she's reluctantly interested in Angela's investigations.
And of course, once everything goes south, their pride kicks in at first and they refuse to even acknowledge the growing attraction once they truly get to know each other. "Once burned..." and all that. Not to mention the use of tongue in Santa! Friends shifting into lovers rarely get quite that involved on the 1st kiss, at least in my experience.

Vague spoilers here (mostly because that's all we've been given)--we're supposed to see more agents swinging through, which of course was was the original concept: a revolving door like the interns now. If they do a flashback, maybe that's part of it?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 pm

dawnsfire wrote:You know, if even half of you suggest is true (or close), Sweets would have a field day with all of that.
Which also offers an alternative explanation as to why the two of them are so eerily in sync in denying and deflecting when sweets tries to dig into their personal relationship. They've both worked very hard to bury that particular past event and now even a hint that something might go near that mouldering corpse of a tryst is treated by each of them like a threat to their very existence. I believe that's because unearthing it would mean acknowledging it, and acknowledging it would mean dealing with it and all the accumulated baggage. It would not end well at all.

I did have the impression of more than one case pre-Pilot, despite Booth only referencing one to Cullen, mostly from the references to "last case." In one of my stories, I made Cleo #3 (with the rather pointed comment that Booth had worked more cases with Brennan than any of the other Agents, but not because of his charm. Luck of the draw & circumstances more likely).
Good point on the book, too--hadn't caught that before, and even Brennan can't write a book and get it published overnight. That would suggest...oh, say about 6 months minimum. It could have actually been published while she was gone, of course, but still.
I agree, at least six months.

And while I do like your theory, there seems to be one hole. Yes, Brennan is surprised, seeing Tessa at Booth's. But if she slept with Booth before running, that was 2-3 months before that case. I'll accept the initial shock, but talk about your quantum leaps...why assume the relationship was in place that much earlier? On the other hand, it would explain why she's reluctantly interested in Angela's investigations.
I put the quantum leap out there because, honestly? Brennan is a "Just give me the evidence, don't jump to conclusions" kinda gal with everything in her life BUT her feelings. She's constantly jumping to conclusions on the flimsiest of evidence or ingoring whole rafts of data to cling to something she wants to believe is true. Like Booth says, for someone who hates psychology she sure has a lot of it.

And of course, once everything goes south, their pride kicks in at first and they refuse to even acknowledge the growing attraction once they truly get to know each other. "Once burned..." and all that. Not to mention the use of tongue in Santa! Friends shifting into lovers rarely get quite that involved on the 1st kiss, at least in my experience.
Sounds like we've toured the same realestate there. "Friends in transition" kisses do tend to be sort of halting explorations of one another and are definitely more shy & sweet instad of hot & heavy, but there are exceptions to every rule. For example one time this girl who worked in our admin pool crashed the Database Marketing happy hour and after a few drinks I found her at the bar, well one thing led to another and let's just say there's a reason I can't go back to that Chili's. The same thing, or something similar, could have been what occurred between Booth and Brennan during the Santa Kiss.

Vague spoilers here (mostly because that's all we've been given)--we're supposed to see more agents swinging through, which of course was was the original concept: a revolving door like the interns now. If they do a flashback, maybe that's part of it?
I'd concur. The original concept was that the show would revolve almost exclusively around Brennan and her team. There would be a new "Agent" every week from a different agency affording plot contrivances such as Brennan et al overseas working for State, or on a top secret mission for the CIA, and so forth. In this version of the show Booth was to be a recurring character who would develop into a love interest and eventually become the main secondary character to Brennan. My understanding is that FOX execs pushed for a more structured approach to the procedural element and once Boreanaz was cast they wanted to do away with the whole rotating agent/agency premise - partly because they didn't understand it but mostly because Boreanaz was the better know actor and had his own fan base while Emily was still relatively unknown except for a few movies and the Rose Red mini-series.

king RM

Just to make one thing perfectly clear, there was no nudity involved, on my part, and I am not a huge fan of ostentatious PDAs except, sometimes, when I'm really lit...like after two pitchers of margarita's, but then that's not really my fault, I mean we all know the saying "One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, FLOOR!
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 pm

That's because there was alcohol in your case drunken . B&B were completely sober, so far as we can tell. (Unprofessional to drink in the middle of a work day, after all) But yes, exceptions certainly do exist.

There are a couple wild plot bunnies starting to stick their heads out here... (like I need that when I'm tearing my hair out on Oblique, have my version of the Booth saga in the works, plus a couple sequels to various and sundry one shots nagging at me. There really is such a thing as an embarrassment of riches!)

And it didn't hurt that when ED auditioned, she was the only one who stood up to DB, actually moved closer, rather than backing away like the others did. I've wondered if the screen test was the firing range where they get all in each other's face. You gotta admit, he's pretty damn intimidating when he wants.

queen

you and booze, O King...sounds like a dangerous combo
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

dawnsfire wrote:That's because there was alcohol in your case drunken . B&B were completely sober, so far as we can tell. (Unprofessional to drink in the middle of a work day, after all) But yes, exceptions certainly do exist.
True enough, but the alcohol could have contributed to their original tryst which is why Booth is so willing to try and forget it - he didn't do things the 'right way'. It would also contribute to Brennan's embarrassment - a belief that Booth was ashamed of being with her not because it was a drunken tryst but because it was her, and hence feeding into her feelings of inadequacy - that she's too damaged for him, or just not good enough. You know the first three seasons are replete with scenes where she'll suddenly become very warm and empathetic toward Booth, as if she has some insight into him born of past experience. It could be at those moments her feelings for him, the feelings she's suppressed since they slept together, are nearest the surface. I'd imagine if that were the case then the longer they go on as "just partners" the easier it will become for her to push him away because the hurt at his 'rejection' can only grow. I fear if that were the case then the tipping point may be close.

There are a couple wild plot bunnies starting to stick their heads out here... (like I need that when I'm tearing my hair out on Oblique, have my version of the Booth saga in the works, plus a couple sequels to various and sundry one shots nagging at me. There really is such a thing as an embarrassment of riches!)
I know what you mean. I've got a half dozen stories I owe updates on to Sherry and a half dozen more I've already started and now I'm outlining a new one in my head about there first real case together.

And it didn't hurt that when ED auditioned, she was the only one who stood up to DB, actually moved closer, rather than backing away like the others did. I've wondered if the screen test was the firing range where they get all in each other's face. You gotta admit, he's pretty damn intimidating when he wants.
Which is why Emily is Temperance Brennan, no one can replace her as the character. She wasn't intimidated by David, she challenged him right back. God I love that woman because you're right, he can be downright scary when he wants to be and can you imagine 'scary Booth' bearing down on you? She doesn't flinch, she pushes right back. That's strength and I've always been attracted to strong women.

you and booze, O King...sounds like a dangerous combo
Not dangerous per se but fraught with hazards, and it has been noted by none other than me, which is why the king tends to talk more about drinking than drink these days. In my heyday I put it back with the best of them, better than most of them in fact, but a few embarrassing scenes (like that one) were enough to convince me that a few drinks are fine, but moderation is a beautiful thing in it's own right. Now if HH would just stop trying to get me into a bottle with his damned game playing (my liver hurt after TEitB) I'd be a happy teetotaler.

king RM

Just a reminder, this is all wild supposition on our part - nothing but rabid fandom running wild and free.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 am

It's rabid fandomness, but I have to admit it kind of sounds plausible. Of course I'm saying that from the fangirl perspective, so of course I'd want to explore that angle, but anything is possible. We don't really know the amount of time between that first case and the one in the pilot, like you guys were discussing, so it's indeed posisble. If one of us were running the show anyway.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:32 pm

We're still waiting for the King to make his move...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm

dawnsfire wrote:We're still waiting for the King to make his move...

queen
Sure, blame the king. Hey, I can't make my move until I win the lottery but any day now, any day...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Hey, you're the one with the plan--the rest of us just flail around in misery, complaining to the heavens.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Hey, you're the one with the plan--the rest of us just flail around in misery, complaining to the heavens.

queen
Well can I help it if I'm a visionary? Anyway, back to the grind - those lottery tickets won't buy themselves.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum