Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Buzz Sept. 9/02

+3
THX1138
DBCrazy
jagglebells
7 posters

Go down

Mega Buzz Sept. 9/02 Empty Mega Buzz Sept. 9/02

Post by jagglebells Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am

On Bones, please tell me that Booth and Bones will eventually actually fall in love. The finale's fake-out was heartbreaking. — Sarah
MICKEY: Who says one of them isn't already in love? I'm hearing that Booth will demonstrate some pretty strong feelings right off the bat. A related aside: My great-uncle Andy had a brain tumor. Before his surgery, he loved nothing more than a plate of fried eggs and bacon. Afterward, the mere smell of bacon, or any pork product really, made him sick to his stomach. Bones is the bacon.

Is anyone as confused by this as I am? Or am I not reading this the right way? Is he in love with her, or can he not stand her?

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Mega Buzz Sept. 9/02 Empty Re: Mega Buzz Sept. 9/02

Post by DBCrazy Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:06 pm

It sounds to me like he's illustrating that Booth woke up and hated Bones. Somehow I don't think that's right though. Who knows though. Maybe that's why they're telling him that he loves her!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:18 pm

DBCrazy wrote:It sounds to me like he's illustrating that Booth woke up and hated Bones. Somehow I don't think that's right though. Who knows though. Maybe that's why they're telling him that he loves her!
That or Booth went into the coma determined not to cross that line and denying his feelings and came out totally comfortable with his feelings toward Brennan and looking for a way to get her on the same page with him. At least that's my take.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:21 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:It sounds to me like he's illustrating that Booth woke up and hated Bones. Somehow I don't think that's right though. Who knows though. Maybe that's why they're telling him that he loves her!
That or Booth went into the coma determined not to cross that line and denying his feelings and came out totally comfortable with his feelings toward Brennan and looking for a way to get her on the same page with him. At least that's my take.

king RM
How can that possibly be the way he felt going into surgery? Do you remember what he looked like while he was waiting for her to show up, asking her to go into surgery with him, how he stopped the gurney and told her to make sure that she used his "stuff". I don't see any way that that's the way he felt going into surgery!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:30 pm

I think if we look at it from a positive standpoint, it saying that before his feelings for Brennan weren't fully realized. He knew them but they'd yet to really come boiling to the surface. It was something he'd in a way kind of resigned himself to knowing but never acting on. Now, post-coma, it's like the way he feels has been infused with something and he's wanting more than before to act on the way he feels.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:39 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:I think if we look at it from a positive standpoint, it saying that before his feelings for Brennan weren't fully realized. He knew them but they'd yet to really come boiling to the surface. It was something he'd in a way kind of resigned himself to knowing but never acting on. Now, post-coma, it's like the way he feels has been infused with something and he's wanting more than before to act on the way he feels.
I like this, and as I read it I see that it's kind of the same thing Robert was saying too. I just took off on the how he felt going in bit, and totally overlooked the how he came out part.

I'm getting tired of waiting for Sept. 17th.

Last edited by DBCrazy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : overlooked, not "looked")
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 pm

That would be our brain working again, LOL.

And yes. This time in two weeks? The wait will already be over. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:56 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
How can that possibly be the way he felt going into surgery? Do you remember what he looked like while he was waiting for her to show up, asking her to go into surgery with him, how he stopped the gurney and told her to make sure that she used his "stuff". I don't see any way that that's the way he felt going into surgery!
I do recall that and I agree with you but that flies in the face of the first scenario posited. I guess I was trying to reconcile the two aspects and came up with a poor compromise. I think MLG has it down best. My half baked notion should just be discarded as it's petently obvious she had our brain when I was trying to 'think'. Laughing

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:59 pm

UGH! I give up on trying to figure these out. I'll just wait until the 17th, and then I'll get some fluff. Smile
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:11 pm

But...I don't want fluff.

Okay, I don't mean that. Not really. I just mean I am done swooning over "There is someone out there." speeches and leaning across tables while making bedroom eyes, and then stopping it there. I want that moment after. I want one of them to push the envelope further, and make something actually happen. Angst if need be, I don't know, but something needs to happen. Soon.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm

There have been hints (well Emily has confirmed them for the season) of kissing...

But, I see what you mean. Heck, I'll even take another couple kisses on the cheek, or at least one I love you (besides the "atta girl" one). Even if it is "I love you as a friend".
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:29 pm

You know, just because she said kissing didn't necessarily mean it in the way we would like. Just saying. Kisses on the cheek, which I can deal with, won't cut it. And the friend thing won't either when they both know it's bull. They love each other, but at the same time there is that fear of losing your best friend.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 pm

So we get to spend a season watching Booth worry that he dumped too much on her at once (and perhaps dodge any conversations out of fear that he screwed things up) and Brennan wondering "what was that?"

Hmph. I suppose it could be a step forward...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 pm

i feel that booth knew he was in love with brennan before surgery and what not but never wanted to act on it solely because they are so different and he does get frustrated with her at times.

But now post surgery after having his coma dream of how their life could be if they did try and pursue some means of a relationship, he's suddenly wondering why not? and he is now more willing to perhaps try more with her.

i mean that dream had everything in how he wanted his life to go from what we know so far. Like he's married and he's having the child he had wanted within wedlock. And I think after seeing this in his coma he might be ready to push things forward.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content