Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret In her Heart

Go down

Secret In her Heart Empty Secret In her Heart

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:00 am

Temperance had a feeling that her morning was not going to be a good one. To start things off her alarm clock didn't go off. It was ten a.m. and she was late. Her keys were playing hide and go seek with her. She had to stop and think. Booth was here last night. He had her keys last night. Threatening to hide them if she didn't admit he was right about their last previous case.

"You know how it is Bones," he said as he spun her keys around his index finger. "We go to dinner to talk about the case my brilliant mind sepreates the clues and fits the right ones together." His smile was smug as he said this.

Temperance looked at him with scrutiny in her eyes. She was watching him very closly. "Booth," she began as she sat back. "Have you ever been examined by a medical proffessional." she sat back on the couch. "You know about your mental issues?"

Booth laughed turning to face her. "I'm not mental Bones," he pressed the tip of her nose with his finger. "I'm right."
Temperance sat back further. Her eye brows raised. "Well . ." she said reaching for the beer on the coffee table. "This is your last one." She was not use to Booth touching her. Especially as playful as he was at this moment.

Now that she remembers he never him putting her keys down. Damn did he take them with him? She pulled up two of the seat cushions and found one earring that she lost last week.

"Booth!" she screamed when they weren't under the couch. She was giving up she was last as it was.

"Where have you been?" Booth asked as she walked into her office. He turned his wrist to look at his watch.
Temperance rolled her eyes when she saw him. Bag in hand she proceeded into her office. She tossed her bag onto the couch. As she approached her desk she reached over and pushed Booths feet off her desk.

"I was sure we had security here," She said sarcastically. Oblivious to her obvious anger Booth sighed as he smiled. He cocked his head side ways.

"You do," He said.

She stood in front of him and motioned for him to get out of her seat with her thumb.
"If we do, then how do you keep getting in?" Booth stood up and let her sit down. "Did you take my keys last night?"

Booth stood with his arms crossed watching her for a minute. "Do you want to go get some coffee?" he asked.

"No," she replied. "I want my keys. Did. . you . . .take. . .them?"

He couldn't understand her anger. "Whats wrong Bones? Get up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"No," she replied her brow furrowed. "I always get up on the left side of the bed. Its closer to the closet."

Booth sighed and shook his head. "I did'nt take your keys." he replied.

"Well that's why I'm late. Do we have a case?" signing into her computer she turned to check her email.

Here it goes the reason he was at the Jeffersonian in the first place. He needed to ask her a big favor which was going to take some begging.

"Sort of,"

Temperance turned in her chair and stared at him. "Sort of?" she asked. Booth sat in the chair across from her desk. "Well Parker is having career day for his class and I'm going to talk about the FBI." He said, her intrest didn't seem like it had peeked. Well at least she hadn't said anything yet.

"Can you come with me?" He asked his hands clasped in front of him.

Temperance inhaled slightly and simply said. "No,"

He was the only kid she wanted to around. The inside of elementray schools hadn't changed much in style since she had been in school. So very long ago.

Booth led her down a long hallway covered in blue, gold, silver and orange fish. Each grouped color represented a class room. Parker was a silver fish.

Temperance stood on her tip toes to look over Booths shoulder. He was waving to his excited son.
"Can I sit in the car?" she asked. After seeing all the small children.

"Come on Bones." Booth replied. "Its fun, you just answer some questions. . . .they will think your job is cool." he was trying and trying hard.

"okay." she removed her jacket. Pulling her hair back into a pony tail.
"Your not preparing to go over bones Bones. Their children."

"You handle your way. I will handle it mine."

Booth was first. He talked about his job and how much he loved saving people in his line of work.
"Okay, any questions for Agent Booth?" the teacher asked. All twenty hands flew up including Parkers. Mrs. Johnson, the teacher, choose a blonde girl in the back of the class.

"Yes Abigale," all the other students growned as the litle girl stood.

"Hello Abigale," Booth said. "Whats your question?"

"Uh, its not my question. My mommy. . .uh." As soon as the parent of Abigale heared her daughter begin she tried to rush forward before the question she asked another mother was soon repeated.

"Yes honey," Booth said.

"My mommy," Abigale began after taking a deep breath. "was askin another mommy if you were single. So. . .are you?"

Temperance couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips as she looked at her partners red face.
It was his idea to do this. Booth had no idea what to say but no. Booth noticed the mother across the room who had her face buried in her friends shoulder.

She was pretty but not his type. His type was right behind him. Dressed in jeans boots and dark blue tank top. he could almost hear her laughing at him.

After the questions about his gun and why he didn't bring it in the school with him Booth was more than happy to give the floor up.
He sat down next to Temperance and sighed heavily. "I think you were right Bones," he said leaning into her.

"About what?" she replied.

"You have to analyze the situation first before you get up there. Those little kids are brutal."

Temperance wanted to laugh at him, but she was soon cut off because she was being asked to stand. Her eyes grew big as she looked at Mrs. Johnson. "Yes, you dear. Class this is. . ."

"Dr. Bones!" Parker shouted standing. "I know her, she's cool she looks at old dead bodies!" Parkers out burst earned him a stern look from his father and from the teacher. He sat down on the carpeted floor once more.

The entire class said "ewww!!!" all together. Temperance couldn't help but laugh. She stuck her hands in her pockets and tried to decide what to do.

"Parker Booth," she called out. Parker stood. Not wanting to get into trouble again Parker waited before speaking. "Can you come up here please." He smiled as he came to the front of the class.

Children weren't her specialty but working with Booth for three years helped her alot to communicate with children and people in general.
"Parker," Temperance began. "You've been to the lab and to my office before. Would you tell the class all about it?"

Parker nodded his head his blonde curls shaking. He was excited out of his gloom from getting into trouble.

"You cheated," Booth said as they walked out to the SUV. Temperance had pushed on a pair of sunglasses and pulled her jacket back on. Her hair down once more.

"I did not cheat." she replied.

Booth walked around the truck and climbed in. "Yeah ya did Bones. You had my son do your Q & A and you had him do your introduction. All you did was answer. . . ."

"Exactly what I was suppose to do." Temperance cut him off. "I just let Parker do the interaction. Even you have said I'm not good with children."

Booth started the truck and pulled out into traffic. "You are too smart for your own good Bones."

"So I heard about the career day project. How did that go?" Angela asked. She came in and sat down next to Temperance on the floor.

Temperance removed the pencil she held between her teeth as she said. "Well I got Parker to do it for me." she said without looking up.

"I also heard about the question Booth got." Temperance smiled this time taking her eyes off of the file in front of her. "You would have laughed. She was cute."

"The mother?" Angela asked.

"No the child." Temperance said. She stuck the pen in her hair and turned to Angela. Her mind was seeming to work as she thought about what she was about to say.

Angela nudged her a bit before saying. "Come on. You know you want to tell me what is it."
Temperance leaned back stretching slightly. "When the little girl stood and said that her mother was interested in Booth .. ."

"Did you get jealous?" she asked. Temperance's eyes grew wide. She didn't think she could call it that.
"I don't know." she replied. "I don't think it's jealousy. Just when she said that I wanted to. . I don't know."

"Hit her?" Angela asked. That was really the only way to put it. She did feel a twinge of something in her when she looked at the tall blonde.

Neither one said anything for a second while Temperance thought it over. The room was silent until Booth said. "Hit who?" Booth stood in front of them. An envelope in his hands.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Secret In her Heart Empty Re: Secret In her Heart

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:02 am

Temperance spoke first. She needed to change the subject so she asked. "What's with the envelope?"

Booth handed the envelope to Temperance who took it from him. "That my friend contains two tickets that I won in a raffel at work."

Temperance looked at him with raised eye brows. "The F.B.I has office raffels?" Booth rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of her desk.

"No, the raffel at Parkers school for the parents." She opened the envelope. Angela was looking over her shoulder as she pulled out the contents.

The Bahamas?"

"The Bahamas!"
Both Temperance and Angela replied at the same time. Both with different reactions to the destination.

"Yes, the Bahamas. You and me," Booth said this while looking at Temperance. She was already shaking her head no in response.

"I can't go out of the country with you Booth. I have work." Booth stood and approached the still sitting Temperance.

"Bones, you and I aren't going to go through this weather you and I are going or not. We are friends aren't we friends go on vacations together." Temperance stood next. Angela, watching the battle unfold, stood slightly and sat on the couch. A wide smile across her face.

He knew there was about to be a fight ahead of him so he was prepared for all the back alley's that she would have tried to use. "I have work, or have you forgotten that?"

"Your due for a vacation Bones,"

Angela cleared her throat. Temperance turned to face her. "You haven't actually taken a vacation in quiet awhile. I believe you could have like six weeks of vacation time."

Great Ange, she wanted to shout. Give him fuel to feed the fire. She turned to Booth his charm smile was out in full effect. Why would she go to the tropics to day dream about a man she could not touch.

Because the beach, the 98 degree weather and swim suits meant. Hot tempting dreams about her partner who she was trying to keep as her partner.

"I'm not going." Cam walked in on the tail end of the conversation. Her cell phone cradled between her ear and her shoulder.

"No honey," she was saying into the phone. "No, I don't want sushi again tonight. That's your thing." Cam picked up a sticky note from Temperance's desk along with a pen. She scribbled something on it and handed it to Temperance.

She looked down at it. The note read: Mongolian dig canceled. Dangerous, go on trip Zach will handle case work. Cam exited the office as quickly as she had entered.

"Your not serious!" she called after Cam. "I've been in danger before!" The only response she got was a one handed wave from Cam as she went back to her office.

They were forcing her to go on vacation. She had news for them. She wasn't going. She was staying in D.C.

"Come on Bones. Its just for four weeks of sun and fun. We leave in a week in a half."

She folded her arms. Her eyes became small slits as she eyed Booth. For some reason he felt like he had a rattle snake by the tail and it was about to strike. "I am not going I'm staying in D.C. and you can't make me go!"

It sounded so juvenile coming out, but she didn't care. It was too tempting to go so far away with Booth and not do anything.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:03 am

Okay," Angela began. She was standing in Temperance's closet. Her fingers slowly moving across the fabric. "We are going to see what we can take out of here." Angela pushed cloths aside as she stepped farther into the closet. "Honey when was the last time you went shopping?"

Temperance was looking through a medical journal as she sat on the edge of her bed. She was hardly paying any attention to what Angela was doing or what she was talking about.

Angela noticed she was not acknowleding the fact that she was going through her closet. "Brennan, sweetie pay attention. You leave in a few days and we still have to get you packed."

Temperance looked up at her. "I have clothes already Anglea I don't need to go shopping."

"I don't see any shorts in here. I see jeans and tank tops. Suits and that's basically what your closet consist of. Do you even on any shorts?"

Temperance stood and walked over to the closet. "I have skirts in here also." she took two from their hangers and laid them across the bed.

"No, those are going to work skirts. You need "I'm going on vacation possibly to a hot beach party skirt.'"

Temperance picked up one of the skirts. It was white and ruffled a little. The belt that went with it was somewhat large. "This is fine."
That earned her a look from Angela and she found herself being pulled from her bedroom.

"What?" she asked.

She was hoping for the best but she was also ready for the war. They had won the battle getting her to agree to go. Now was the war.
"Do you trust me?" Angela asked.

Temperance cocked her head to the side looking at Angela as if hurt she would even have to ask the question. "Of course Ange," she said.

"Then give me your credit card."

Temperance's eyes grew as wide as saucers. "My what?!" she tried not to shout.

"A credit card. I'm going to find you clothes for this trip." Temperance didn't budge for a moment. She was unsure of what to do. She trusted Angela with her life. But did she trust her with her waredrobe? Their fashion sense was so much different from the other.

Reluctantly Temperance pulled her wallet from her bag. She handed Angela one of her cards. With a smile stretched across her face Angela went from table to table.

She had to draw the line somewhere. Angela grabbed a mini skirt that flared out at the edges.
"I'm not wearing that." Temperance said quickly.

"Oh, come on." Angela argued. "It's pretty." The single item she wasn't giving in on.

"No, I let you talk me into the 'Too hot to touch' t-shirt absolutely not."

Angela took a pair of capri pants and a peach tank top from the pile of clothes she had grabbed up. "Here," she said handing them to her. "Try this on."

With a sigh she took the clothes and escaped into a dressing room. At the same moment. Angela's cell phone rang. She answered it on the third ring.

"How's it going?" Booth asked.

Angela sighed into the phone. "You owe me big, but all is going according to plan."

"Good," Booth replied. "How difficult is she being?" he asked.

"Unexpectedly not bad. She isn't questioning to much except this skirt I tried to get her to buy. . ." Booth was about to ask about it but she cut him off. Temperance had stepped from behind the curtain that lead to the dressing rooms. "I gotta go." She said quickly.

"Don't let anything slip Angela." Booth said before she hung up. If she let a word slip Temperance would run for the highest hills.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:05 am

With her packing partially out of the way Temperance stood back from the two open suit cases. There was no logical way to do this. There was her bag, filled with her clothes the ones SHE picked out. Then there was Angela's choices. The summer clothes, filled with shorts and knee length skirts. Sandals, tank tops, speghetti strapped tops. Temperance ran a hand through her hair.

She closed both suit cases and walked away. She needed time to think. How long had she been succesful at hiding her feelings for Booth. All the tight crapped spaces they had to be in while working cases. Hiding being close so they were able to hear each other while whispering. Now he wanted to go on a trip as "friends".

He could have asked one of his many girl "friends". She was sure one of them would have been happy to go with him.

At the thought of being alone with her for nearly a month excited him. He felt like a kid with a new toy. This was new to him, he was in love and he never thought that he would have been able to be again. Bones knew all of his hang ups and he knew he could always count on her for the truth.

The week was almost over and then they would be off on their vacation.

Everything passed in a blur. Brennan worked like a whirl wind as she prepared her office for a few weeks without her.

She was nervous, why? She had no clue. Her mind was distracted which for her was unusual. Today was the last day she was going to have a full day's work before leaving town.

Booth had called several times to make sure she was packed. That she had her passport and that she was still going on the trip.

"Yes," she said over the phone. "For the umpteenth time. I'm going. I agreed to didn't I?

Booth sighed heavily into the phone. "Okay, okay. I gotta go see ya for dinner?"

"Sure," Brennan replied.

She collapsed into the chair behind her desk. Letting her head fall back against the cushion she stared at the ceiling. "You are asking for trouble." she said to herself.

"I agree." Came Cam's voice.

Brennan sat up and covered her eyes with her hands. Since Cam's marriage she had seemed to relax more around her. Angela said it was because Cam could no longer "hook up" with Booth.

Of course she denied this. Which some part of her was telling her that this was the truth. Of course she was going to fight it.

"Why would you say that?" she asked.

Cam propped herself up on the edge of Brennan's desk. "Well one, he has a thing for you. The question is do you have one for him?"

"Absolutely not." Lie, she said. She was lying to herself. She cleared her throat as she tried to fight the heat easing its way up her neck. "My feelings do not venture beyond friendship/partnership."

"Sure," Cam said. "Sure," she patted Brennan on the arm before leaving her office.

"I'm not!" Brennan called after her.

"Sure!" Cam said just before disappearing around the corner. Brennan stared at the empty space where she stood.

"Sure," she said to herself. Great now this was going to be weird. She pushed herself out of her chair and headed for Angela's office.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:06 am

Brennan was nervous. She didn't know why, how many times had she had dinner with Booth. This was totally normal. Still even as she sat there with her hands clasped in her lap staring out at the parking lot and watching him walk away from his truck. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach make themselves known.

Her mind was else where as she watched him. He looked good in jeans. Very good in jeans. He wore a hunter green t shirt. She recognized it as the one Parker gave her for him for her birthday.

He said his daddy reminded him of the hulk when he wore it. Big and strong. Brennan had to agree he was big and strong.

Booth made eye contact with her as he approached the diner. Brennan waved and let her eyes follow him as he came in the door.

"I ordered coffee for you," she said as he sat down in front of him. "I didn't think that you would have minded."

"No, its fine. Thanks." He smiled and held her gaze. She felt that it was a little too long for comfort. So Brennan looked down at the table.

You aren't going to let your thoughts run with you are you? She asked herself. Then as she shook herself she rolled her eyes. Now she was talking to herself.

"Are you alright Bones," Booth asked her as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I'm fine," she sat back against the seat. "Why did you ask me on vacation Booth?" This time she let her eyes hold his.

Booth smiled his charm smile and said "Because we are friends, and I didn't want to go alone."

"I would think you would enjoy sometime by yourself." She said.

"Yeah Bones normal people don't go on vacations alone." He replied.

Brennan frowned slightly. "I enjoy vacations alone." she tried not to sound defensive but she couldn't help herself.

"Your not normal." Booth said.

She rolled her eyes at him. "Lets go to Sids." she said standing. "This time I'm driving."

Her alarm clock blarred in the darkness. Her head was beginning to hurt as she turned over to look at the clock.
5:30 a.m. their plane didn't leave for another four hours but she had things to do before Booth picked her up.

Brennan stumbled into the kitchen. She pulled open the refridgerator door taking out a bottle of water Brennan twisted the top off and let it fall onto the counter.

Suddenly the knock on the door startled her. Water drippled down the front of her camisole.
She checked the clock on the wall 5:45 a.m. who in the world would be knocking on her door at nearly six am.

The knocking came again as Brennan looked through the peep hole. It was Booth. Standing in front of her door. She pulled open the door.

"Booth," she began to say but all speech was lost to her as he drove his hands into her unbound hair. Letting his lips fall over hers. Booth kissed her with a fevour lost to him.

Brennan felt herself being pushed back into her apartment. She felt his arms come around her waist. Picking her up and half way carrying her across the room to the couch.

The kiss was so sensual she didn't want to pull away from him. She didn't think she could. Until Booth lifted his head and looked at her through heavy lidded eyes.

"Temperance, I've wanted you for so long. For so very long I." He carried her into the bedroom and laid her onto the bed gently.

Her eyes came open suddenly. She was staring at the clock on the dresser. It was nearly five and she was still shivering from the dream she had just had.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:07 am

It came to her while she sat at her kitchen table. A bottle of water in front of her. The phone also in front of her. Should she call Booth and tell him about her dream. Maybe he could help her laugh it off. It was just something in her her mind that she had to deal with. Angela would say that dreams are wishes from the heart.

Brennan however did not believe in that sort of logic. She dreamed about him because he was the last person she thought about before she went to sleep.

Brennan reached for the bottle and took a long slow sip. Letting the cool liquid fill her mouth as she thought. She had to resolve this and quickly. They were leaving in a few days for this trip and she didn't want this weird thing between them.

Maybe she should call Angela? If she did she wouldn't get much help since Angela never woke up early. Her mind rolled back to Booth again. It was making her crazy, it was going to make her crazy.

Booth sat in the recliner in his living room. The television on but he was not really paying attention to it. At one point in the night he had been lying in bed. His mind on her again. This time he couldn't force himself back to sleep.

This time he couldn't get her smile out of his head. He couldn't think of anyone but her.

All the other women he had dated before were just women who he tried to date to stop thinking about her. Yet at every turn he was thinking about her. Comparing them to her. Even conversation wise. Bones had a way of making him think about exactly what she was saying.

Booth looked at his wrist watch. 5:40 a.m. well sleep wasn't going to come back to to him now. Booth stood pressing the power button on the remote control. He reached next to his chair and pulled on his running shoes.

He lept from his bottom step at a run. The cool morning air seemed to calm his hot blood as he ran. Maybe this would came him down.
Get Bones off his mind, and get his mind on something else.

Brennan went to her livingroom where the television she rarley watched was. She picked up the remote control and turned on the television. Booth would laugh at her if he knew she was attempting to find something to watch.

After flipping channels a few times she came to stop on a medical channel. Settling down on the couch she pulled a blanket over her legs and laid down against the cushion.

Minutes later she was alseep. It didn't last very long because she was soon woken by a loud knock on her door.
"Bones!" Booth called out. Not really loudly but loud enough for her to hear him.

Brennan pushed the blanket back and slid off the couch. She headed to the door pulling it open Booth stood their staring at her. He was covered in sweat. He wore a pair of dark blue running shorts. The shirt that he had been wearing was tucked in the waist band of the shorts.

"B-Booth," she stammered. "what are you doing here?"

He came in walking past her he took her hand and pulled her from the doorway. He pushed it closed as he turned her around to look at him.
"I was running." he said.

"You ran all the way here?" He nodded as he pulled her closer to him.

"I couldn't sleep," He replied.

Brennan could sense it before it even happened. "I couldn't think of nothing else but doing this." he said as he pulled her to him for a full kiss.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 am

With his hand at the nape of her neck Booth pulled her up closer to him. Anchoring the back of her head for his kiss.
Brennan breathed in his scent deeply, her senses both recognizing the smell and the feel of him.

She couldn't believe that he was kissing her. He was holding her. Brennan felt her body being lifted off the ground. Being carried the rest of the way to the couch.

Booth pulled back and began kissing the side of her face. Her cheeks, the side of her neck.

"B-Booth I can't. . . " she never finished the sentence because Booth began kissing the base of her neck.

For the next hour or two Brennan lost all ability to think or put together coherent thought.

The night seemed to speed along and shortly after they finally fell asleep the sun was already burning away the early morning dew.
They lay on the couch together, both asleep.

Booth had his arms wrapped around her holding her close to him.

Brennan woke first. Her eyes slowly opening, the realization of what just took place was all to fresh in her mind. Her body was beginning to take notice of the man laying next to her. Wrapped around her.

I just slept with Booth. She said to herself. Suprisingly she wasn't over thinking it. She wasn't panicking she wasn't upset. She was. . .content. She was happy. She felt relaxed and better than she had ever felt in months.

She moved her foot up and down the back of his leg very slowly as she remembered how all this came about.

Suddenly she felt a very sharp pain on her lower back. "Ouch!" she turned her head to find Booth smiling. His eyes still closed.

"What was that for?" He kissed the back of her shoulder. He stretched wrapping his arms more tightly around her.

"You move too much. I thought I was going to get to sleep the day away. I mean come on it is Saturday."

Brennan rolled her eyes reaching around she pinched him back. Booth flinched but didn't make a sound. "Its past ten we should get up anyway."

"Why?"

The why suddenly made itself, or rather herself known. Angela had a key to Brennan's apartment. They were suppose to go to the market together. Angela, as usual let herself in.

"Bren. . .WOW!" Angela said. The key still in her hand. She stood mouth agape staring at the two still laying on the couch.

"Hey. . .Ange." Brennan replied.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 am

So," Angela said turning her key over in her hand. "When did all this happen?" Booth didn't know weather to sit up or stay where he was.

"Early this morning," Brennan replied. "I forgot about our market trip and sorry about this,"

Angela couldn't get the smile on her face to subside. She shut the door and sat in the chair across from the couch where they lay. Booth had his head propped up in his hand.

"Ange do you mind I mean," He looked down at his partially covered body.

"Oh, yeah." She stood and went to the door. "I'll be outside the door. You two get dressed." Angela looked back at Booth before leaving. Her eyes traveled from his chest to his face. "Nice," she said her smile still plastered across her face.

Neither one moved until they heard the door close. "I can't believe. . .Bones. You gave her a key and not me?"

Brennan got off the couch leaving Booth with the blanket. He almost forgot what it was he was going to say because she walked across the room without anything covering her.

"I never thought to give you one Booth. And Angela has had that key for years." She said dissapearing into the bedroom.

Booth found his shorts on the floor along with his shirt. "Can I take a shower really quickly?"

Brennan poked her head out from around the corner a smile on her lips and a mischiveous look in her eyes.

"I want to tell you something," she said. Booth grabbed the blanket and took followed her into her bedroom. She already had the shower running when he entered the bathroom.

"What?" she pulled the blanket then pulling him into the bathroom under the warm spray of the shower.

"Angela is. . ."

"She probably already figured it out." Brennan said pulling him into the shower with her.

How are we going to explain the fact that we are together now? We can't very well tell everyone that we slept together. " Brennan said. They were walking side by side up the side walk towards the diner.

"Well Angela is the only one who knows." Booth replied. "I don't see why we have to hide it. I mean everyone knew it was going to happen eventually right?"

She knew he was right but. . still. They were partners and when people started figuring out that they were together. Then what would happen to their partnership?

Booth reached for her hand holding it tightly in his. "Everything will be fine Temperance. Don't worry."

They stopped at the door and he pulled her to him. Kissing her gently on the lips.

"At least we will be leaving for our trip tomorrow." Then at least they would be able to be together without worrying about being seen.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:11 am

Brennan stared down into her coffee cup as she swirled the spoon through the hot liquid. Booth kept his eyes on her wondering what was going through her mind at the moment.
He couldn't help but smile at the memory of what they did this morning. Brennan looked up at found Booth staring at her. A smile on his lips.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked looking down at the table again. Then looking back up at him.

"I just couldn't believe how beautiful you are. I couldn't believe how long it took us to get here." He said reaching for her hand.

She smiled at him suddenly feeling shy and not knowing what to say. That was so unlike her because she usually always had something to say.

So, how did it happen?" Angela sat on the floor below Brennan as she looked through the work she was leaving for Zach.

They were practically the only two there besides Cam who was held up in her office on the phone with her husband.
"Well," she said "It was around three or four I had fallen asleep on the couch. He said he was out for a run-"

"He ran all the way to your apartment?" Angela asked cutting her off. Brennan nooded her head. It was still shocking to her.

"Yes, I opened the door and there he was." Angela shook her head, she stood up looking at her friend.

"I always knew it was going to happen Bren, but wow." Yeah she knew it was going to happen. Eventhough she tried to fight it as hard as she could.

Seven a.m. you didn't say anything about seven a.m." Brennan took the cup of coffee that Booth offered her as she approached the car.

"C'mon Bones, you can sleep on the plane." He held the door open for her. Letting her in.

She slept in the car she also slept in on the plane. Booth had to half way drag her to the gates to get her in.
She was cranky which was unlike like her almost. There were times when she was unbearable but this was worse.

Booth let her in her seat first. Brennan looked over the side of the plane and suddenly felt the sudden need to throw up. She sat back away from the window closing her eyes.

Her head was spinning and her stomach suddenly felt like it was doing flip flops.
"Are you okay?" Booth turned to her. He took hold of one of her hands and she immediately jerked it away from him. It quickly went to cover her mouth.

She just wanted him to shut up. Something was wrong. She had not been sick in months. For some reason this came on all of a sudden.

"Bones," Brennan turned her face towards him. Her face was pale. Very pale as she said.

"Move," She had bearly given him time to get out of the way before she pushed past him.

"Ma'am we are about to take off. Can you please take. . . " The suartist placed a hand on her arm and Booth knew what was coming before she did. Brennan jerked back from the young woman. Her fist raised to throw a punch but Booth grabbed her arm before she had the chance.

She rushed down isle of the plane towards the bathroom. She was inside in seconds. Booth stood and followed in behind her. He apologized to the stuartist in passing.

He knocked on the door of the bathroom and the only responce he was given was the sound of her bring the coffee that she had drank earlier that morning.

Booth turned his head to see the stuartest taking their bags from the over carrage. What else could he have expected after Bones tried to know her head off her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Booth," Brennan sat in one of the hard blue chairs in the airport terminal. Someone had brought her some water which she took slow sips of. "We missed our plane and our vacation because of me."

Booth collapsed into the chair next to her. He began rubbing slow circles on her back.

"I don't care about the trip. I care about you. Do you feel any better?" She did but something else was beginning to worry her. She looked up at him. Her mouth thin but her skin was finally beginning to regain color.

"Booth. . .I think. . .I think I maybe pregnant."

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum