Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running From the Truth

Go down

Running From the Truth Empty Running From the Truth

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:46 am

Running From The Truth
Chapter: 1
Rating: K

Summary: Booth and Bones go under cover yet again as Roxy and Tony but things happen which causes certain feelings to be uncovered.

Booth pinned Temperance against the railing of the balcony. Her eyes focused on his as the wind captured her hair lifting if off her shoulders allowing it to dance freely. The sound of waves behind them. Her heart breathing rapidly in her chest.
Why was this making her shiver? He was inches away from her lips.

Temperance put her hand between them resting it on his chest. Booth pulled back slightly and looked at her. A soft smile on his lips. Temperance tried to get her body to pull back. But she wasn't going to.

The air had a slight nip in it causing her to get goose bumps. Booth moved in closer to her. Almost closing the gap between them.

"Booth?" she tried to say. Yet it came out husky. Not her intentions.

He leaned into her hugging her, softly rubbing his hand up and down her spin. Suddenly she was wishing that the back to her dress were closed. Yet Angela picked out this box cut low back number.
Black and short. Knee high. Even putting it on made her feel like she was Roxy all over again.

"Booth?!" she pinched his thigh. Also realizing that her hands were dangerously low.

"Roxy that isn't my name tonight." he said into her ear.

"I know," she replied. "but how is this helping if they aren't watching?"

"We pose as a couple." She nearly bit her lip when she felt his breath on her neck. "A very hands on couple. I'm suppose to be a fighter a prize fighter. Just like last time we have to get their trust to get in."

Booth moved his head slightly to the side causing his lips to graze her jaw. "I think its. . .time to go." she replied.

"This is a party. Someone is liable to come out here to chat us up."

"Chat us up?"

I don't understand the term Bo---" She had to catch herself before she said his real name. "Tony," she quickly said.

"Hey Tone, Roxie!" One of the men from the party had stumbled outside on to the balcony. Booth pulled Temperance in closer as if he didn't hear him. He began running his hand up and down her thigh.

She couldn't help her eyes closing slowly. Fighting the temptation to curl into him was becoming harder and harder with every movement of his hand.

Temperance could hear the man's footfalls as he came closer. He patted Booth's shoulder.

"Geesh man, can't you see I'm working here?" he said indicating an obviously shaken Temperance.
She smiled slyly. Running a finger tip over Booth's chin. "We can continue in the bedroom honey." he said.

When they were pretending she could do what she really wanted to do. Especially when they were in front of other people. Yet she didn't want to lead too much on. Because Booth was really good at reading people. Extremly good at it.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Running From the Truth Empty Re: Running From the Truth

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:47 am

Chapter: 2

Disclaimer: I forgot the disclaimer I don't own Bones sadly. Still come on if I did I would be the happiest woman in the world!!!

She thought that her heart was going to explode from her chest. It was as if she could still feel Booth's hands rubbing her back in those slow wonderful motions.
Temperance tried to clear her mind on the drive back to the hotel they were staying in.

Booth was saying something and she really wasn't paying attention to whatever was coming out of his mouth. Occasionally he would ask her a question directly and she would have to ask what because her mind was running wild.

She felt like she needed to run, far, far, away. Booth was flipping that switch that had her wanting to let "Roxy" free. Knowing that if she did that. Then all this, their friendship, their partnership. Would be over.

She looked over at him. Letting her gaze travel from his soft lips. Down to his uncovered bicep. He had removed the jacket that he had worn at the party. Discarding it to the back seat.

He turned his head and so did she. She found a spot on the dashboard and held it. He would see the confusion in her eyes if she looked at him. See the inner turmoil that was swimming in them.

"Bones, are you okay?" they had come to a stop light. She could not fight the urge to look at him. She turned slowly. His eyes held hers. It was almost as if she were someone else. It was almost as if she "Temperance" was watching someone else complete the actions. "Bones?"

Before she knew it she had leaned across the arm rest. She saw the confusion in them if only for a second she could see it. Then along with something else. Something else she could not recognize but it was the way he looked at her.

Her lips closed on his. Her head was swimming as she let her hand slide into his hair.

The kiss was sensual at best. He had never been kissed like that. Without hesitation.

It was so unlike Temperance Brennan,

Behind them a car was blowing its horn. "Hey buddy you wanna move it or I'm gonna move it for ya!" he yelled. Temperance released Booth's mouth. Slowly sitting back against the cool leather.

She put her hands down into her lap. She kept her eyes on Booth as he began to drive again. "I'm sorry Booth. I really am I didn't. . ."

Why did she do that? Why on earth did she do that? Booth is her friend. Her partner. This could ruin everything for them.
It could end and it would be her fault. She was watching him as he drove. He didn't look like it was bothering him. The smile he had plastered on his face did not show evident that he was bothered by their kiss.

They arrived at the hotel. Booth circled the building a few times to make sure they weren't followed. He parked on the back side of the hotel. He turned the car off and then turned to his partner.

Who sat there like a bump on a log. Staring at the floor or a very interesting spot on the dashboard. Then finally she looked at him. "I don't know why I did . . . ."

"Because you wanted to." he grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him. "Or was it Roxie?" he asked.

She could lie or she could tell him the truth. That it was her. She was the one kissing her. "I think. . .i think it was me."

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:50 am

Chapter: 3

Disclaimer: I don't own Bones gosh I wish I did.

Booth I love you. She wanted to say. Booth I can't wait to be with you. She wanted to say. I want to be with you forever. She wanted to say. None of those words seemed to come out as she stared at him. Before she knew it she was out of the car and walking as fast as her heels would permit her to her room.

Booth watched her. She jerked her wrist free so quickly he was unsure if the kiss or anything after it had even happened. Booth sat back in the seat for a second before getting out and heading to his own room.

He sat on the bed confused. She kissed him and then ran away. He wasn't use to this especially from her. He didn't know what to do now. They had a few more days of this investigation before he could even make a move on their suspect. He needed her to be "Roxie" he needed her to be in sync with him. Like they usually are. He needed to speak to her.

At two thirty in the morning Temperance found herself sitting up awake. Staring at the ceiling wondering what was going on with her. She kissed Booth! She leaned over the seat and kissed him.

What was wrong with her. Angela would say it was because of the persona that she took on. Being Roxie was causing her to act as such. But of course she would deny it. She would deny it because she didn't want to believe that their partnership was in trouble.

Thunder boomed outside followed by lighting. Temperance jumped. She never liked storms. She did not find thunder soothing. Lighting reminded her of the storms that kept her alone at night when she was in foster care. The nights she wished that Russ was around.

Booth lay in bed wondering what she was doing, wondering if she was awake. It was beginning to rain. The sound of it was soothing to him. But still he lay awake wondering what she was doing next door.

Temperance stood in the middle of the room. Her robe on and a pair of cheer leading shorts on. The t-shirt she wore was a little too short but she only wore it to bed and she hardly wore t-shirts. but the storm was bothering her. She wasn't tired so. . .

He was surprised to hear the knock at his door at 2 in the morning. He grabbed his gun on the way to the door. He dropped it as soon as he was realized who it was.

"Bones?" he said as he opened the door.
She held her robe to her trying her best to keep the wind from blowing it open. She was only going to stay for a little while. At least until the storm blew over.

"I didn't know if you were awake or not," She was regreting her decision to come over. She was an adult she could definately sit through a storm all by herself.

Thunder clapped loudly causing her to jump. "I don't like storms." She said walking past him. She found a chair in the corner and planted herself in it.

"I wasn't sleep. I was thinking." He said turning to her. She looked different dressed for bed.

"About?"

"you,"

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:50 am

Chapter: 4

Disclaimer: this makes me sad I don't own Bones wish I did though.

She looked at him wide eyed. As if she had not heard him correctly. Temperance pulled her legs beneath her and rested her chin in the palm of her hand. "Because I kissed you?" she asked him?

Booth sat on the edge of the bed facing her. "Because you did not give me a chance to return the kiss. You said it was you who kissed me and not Roxie, which would have been an easy escape goat but you." he stopped when he noticed the look that she gave him.

"Escape goat?" Booth sighed leaning forward he said. "A way out. You could have said it was Roxie and not you. That you got tied up. . ."

"I absolutely hate when you try to analyze me," she said rolling her eyes at him.

"Well you didn't run because you were on fire," he said. "you ran because you felt something and you can't hide that fact. Its been here between us for years Temperance. We have just pushed it to the back burner for. .. "

"The sake of our partnership. Your job and mine." Thunder rolled outside causing her to jump. Her eyes were glued to the window watching the rain outside fall to the ground. She found herself sitting on the bed. leaning against the pillows.

The look Booth gave her made her shiver. "You shouldn't worry about my job Bones or yours."

He leaned into her causing her to lay back against the pillows. His lips were on hers as he pressed her into the mattress.
"no more running," Booth said softly against her lips. "no more running from this."

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum