Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date Night

5 posters

Go down

Date Night Empty Date Night

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am

"It's like secret Santa." Angela said writing each of the three women's names on a small slip of paper. It was Friday afternoon at the Jeffersonian and with a lack of murders in the area, it had been dead for weeks. It was Angela's idea to come up with a date. She folded each name three times and put it into one of Hodgin's old Fedora's.

Then she pushed it at Zack, "But I'm not good with--"

"Just do it Z man it won't kill you to take one of us out on a date. Just don't tell anyone who you got." Angela said. Zack sighed but complied, reaching in he pulled out a paper and opened it up, looking at his dates name.

Next Hodgins reached in grabbing his name, a smile crept across his face and Angela warned him not to say who he got.

Then she was standing in front of Booth, who rolled his eyes but reached in anyways and grabbed the last name, his heart pulled as a secret wish floated through his mind of the name he hoped was printed on the inside, as he pulled open the paper, he could begin to see the beginning of the name and Booth smiled, maybe luck wasn't just a myth.

"Alright, now you've got your names. You have one hour to come up with a date for tonight and ask your chosen girl out." Angela said putting the fedora on Hodgins head.

All the while the only woman not present, Dr. Brennan, who protested against the team bonding moment, was busy typing away her newest novel. Booth barged in not even bothering to knock, "How'd the Secret Date service go?" She asked not looking up from the computer.

Booth sighed and smiled, "So are you busy tonight?"

"Maybe, why?"

"Because you're my date."

It was then she stopped tying and looked up at him, "You've gotta be kidding me."

Booth dropped the little slip of paper with her name clearly printed on it and it landed on her desk in front of her, "Read it and weep. So are you busy?"

Brennan sighed, "I told her I didn't want to be apart of that." She said crumbling up the paper.

"Are you avoiding my question because you're scared?" Booth asked.

Brennan gave him a look, "What would I be afraid of? Dating you? I've dated worse."

Booth scoffed, "Yeah I know. Like you're old professor who used you to win a case. Or the one who killed his own brother."

"Alright, I get it. Fine, pick me up at 7. You better make this good. It may be the only date you get with me."

"Ouch." Booth winced, "I think I need some ice for that burn. I'll pick you up at 7. Make sure you shave. I like my women smooth." Booth teased.

"How do you know I didn't already shave?" she smiled.

"I don't know. You're right. I'll be around your place at 7."

Brennan smiled as he left, still completely shocked-and maybe not so much- that she'd be the one he pulled out of the hat.

Just a little drabble. probably one more chapter. I'm not going to put too much in this because I have another fic I'm working on.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Date Night Empty Re: Date Night

Post by dawnsfire Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 pm

I'd accuse Angela of having rigged it, except I'm not sure how...and they do have a higher power on their side to make sure everything works out as it should! Very Happy Wink I'm guessing Zack got Cam and Hodgins, Angela?

Very light and fluffy--the perfect counter to the sad tale I'm working on.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:13 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I'd accuse Angela of having rigged it, except I'm not sure how...and they do have a higher power on their side to make sure everything works out as it should! Very Happy Wink I'm guessing Zack got Cam and Hodgins, Angela?

Very light and fluffy--the perfect counter to the sad tale I'm working on.

queen

No killing four year olds in yours, K? I hardly could handle it when I wrote it.

Yeah, Zack got Cam, and Hodgins has Angela... Of course. But this is a focus on Booth and Brennans date. I have to think of what Booth would do to impress her.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

I promise. No kids in mine at all (well, except Parker), and no character death. Just lots and lots of angst and so far, not the usual happy ending. *sigh*

Just wanted to confirm, because the thought of Zack taking Cam out is pretty funny. But, yes, bring on the BB fluff! That's really what we're here for, right?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm

yeah mayne I'll make it a triple dabble. Just so I can play with the dating my Boss card. Especially for Zack... Oy Vey!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Actually I'd like to see a Zack/Angie, Jack/Cam pairing. That would be two-fer funny.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Zack with any of them would be humorous. Brennan in dating mode is NOT something he'd be prepared to cope with. Very Happy Even considering the crush he had on her in S1.

queen

indulging your new J/C ship, O King?
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Zack with any of them would be humorous. Brennan in dating mode is NOT something he'd be prepared to cope with. Very Happy Even considering the crush he had on her in S1.
OMG, Zack and Brennan - leave out the whole Booth factor, I mean the scene where Zack is tempted to put an arm around Brennan or hold her hand but stops in mid motion because he remembers the threat that Booth made (the one he's sure the agent will follow through on) would be just hilarious - but Brennan is intimidating as hell in her own right. She'd scare the crap out of Zack.
indulging your new J/C ship, O King?
Guilty as charged Very Happy It's just that the fic [Only admins are allowed to see this link] really captured my fancy. I've never been much of a J/C shipper before but the author has me sold.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:37 pm

I've been reading that one, too, though I didn't finish the last chapter since it was wrapped around that excrable (sp?) episode. Apparently, my tolerance for 4D is lower than I thought if I can't even handle it in a fanfic.
But they can be a surpisingly compatible couple in the right hands.

queen

Last edited by dawnsfire on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and too fast fingers...)
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:05 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I've been reading that one, too, though I didn't finish the last chapter since it was wrapped around that excrable (sp?) episode. Apparently, my tolerance for 4D is lower than I thought if I can't even handle it in a fanfic.
But they can be a surpisingly compatible couple in the right hands.

queen
I share your aversion to 4D, it's loathesome television to start and to think they did that with Bones, well it's just reprehensible. That said, her treatment of it in NaDM is acceptable since 4D is relegated to the background, that and there's plenty of Jack/Cam fluff and banter. I was surprised to find how well they mesh as a couple in this story. I've seen it done to lesser extents in other fics, one in particular where Jack accompanied her as her 'date' to her parents' home for Christmas (that was a well written fic too) but NaDM seems to have hit the sweet spot IMO.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:10 am

I love you too. You always make me smile. Maybe when I am done focusing on the other fic I SHOULD be focusing on (Sorry Tiff, I'm getting it done, I swear) I'll work on all the possibilities for you guys. I think it would be humerous to see Zack and Brennan together and Booth threatening him. So funny.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:57 am

This is good. Hopefully Brennan will fall even more in love with Booth than she already is. Update soon Smile

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:11 am

Aww, this is cute. I've been working on a particularly angsty ficlet recently, so this works well to counter that.

The line I really liked was Brennan though- "This may be the only date you get with me"-or something of that nature. I loved it simply because even if that was not how she intended, it kind of left the window of possibility open.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Aww, this is cute. I've been working on a particularly angsty ficlet recently, so this works well to counter that.

The line I really liked was Brennan though- "This may be the only date you get with me"-or something of that nature. I loved it simply because even if that was not how she intended, it kind of left the window of possibility open.

If I feel the want to go on with the story, I may let that window linger open a little longer. I don't know. I need to finish the Demily fic first.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum