Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Think Will Happen

+7
dawnsfire
jagglebells
MoonlightGardenias
RGPageantqueen
THX1138
i_heart_bones
keerz14
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Do You Think Will Happen Empty What Do You Think Will Happen

Post by keerz14 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 am

Obviously nobody wants Bones to ever end, but unfortunatly it's gonna eventually *sad face* (hopefully not for a very very long time). So I was just wondering how people will think the last EVER episode will go? Storylines, Couple's, such and such!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
keerz14
keerz14
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Say What You Want : Well I'm 17 in almost a week. In 5th year. Living down south and practically live for my friends&family Smile) Cant wait for the 23rd cos of the Bones premiere and my 17th birthday will make up for the dissapointment of the premiere haha. Definetly gonna get jointed that saturday!! Cant wait....anyway thats it haha.
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think Will Happen Empty Re: What Do You Think Will Happen

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 am

I think thats just too hard too tell. We don't know what character development is going to happen within the next couple of seasons.
All we can hope for is at least a 10 year run!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Well ideally I see it ending with Booth and Brennan together, as a couple. I'd like to see it ending with them in a committed relationship, Brennan pregnant with their child (or having just given birth would be good too) and her deciding to "retire" from field work because Booth is taking a promotion to Deputy Director. Cam and Hodins together as a couple (Hey, I read a fic that changed my mind - I'm shipping Jack/Cam now.) and Angela still being Angela, care free and loving life moment to moment as an accomplished artist. Maybe Sweets marrying Daisy would be agood final scene, or Brennan giving birth - either one.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 am

Jack and Cam?? No! Hodgela all the way. I'd like to think he would be the one who changed her mind about her carefree ways. I like that you want B&B together. I want them together in a serious relationship for at LEAST a whole season because that dynamic of their working relationship will change once they are in a relationship with each other. I want to see her having children. Booth's of course. I like the idea of her retiring from field work, maybe retire entirely from anthropology to be a mother and a full time writer and him being promoted to Deputy Director.

Ultimately, I want to see them as a couple for at least one whole season. I don't want them to lead up and lead up to them being a couple and then the very last scene ever be, "I love you" "I love you too" and a kiss. That would be a complete and utter rob. I'd be so pissed off.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 am

I don't think we can really say what we want the finale episode to be considering the fact we don't really have a set amount left. We've been renewed for two year and we might again after that, but we also might not. HH himself has said he's surprised we even got this far (and considering last season...well...*stops before going into rant mode*)...

I DO hope we have Booth and Brennan in an established relationship. I don't expect them to be married/engaged or anything like that, but I'd like them to be committed to one another. I am kind of interested to see how the baby storyline goes about, mostly because Brennan has grown a bit in that aspect and it would be interesting to see. I do see Booth being promoted to Deputy Director, though I think that should/would be in the final episode simply because of the BB partnership being a staple on the show. I could also see Brennan leaving field work and possibly even the Jeffersonian, especially if she were to become a mother. If that we to happen, I'd like to see her persue her writing and if her people skills were to improve, it would be interesting to see her work (even if we don't get to see it) at the university.

I do admit I want Hodgela in the end, but a part of me feels like if that doesn't happen we'll see Angela head off to live in Paris or some other European city to pursue her art full time. It just seems like something she would do, and make for a really bittersweet good bye scene. I don't know what I want for Cam but I don't see her sticking around full time either, but I guess we will have to see.

Also, can I say something? I know how unrealistic this may seem seeing as this IS Hollywood and all, but I'd like to know some of the cast stays in contact. I know people move and calls/texts/lunch visits tend to become less and less frequent and you can't expect them to stay close knit forever, but some of them have said how close they are even outside of work, and it'd be nice to know they kind of kept it that way.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:I don't think we can really say what we want the finale episode to be considering the fact we don't really have a set amount left. We've been renewed for two year and we might again after that, but we also might not. HH himself has said he's surprised we even got this far (and considering last season...well...*stops before going into rant mode*)...
You know I was thinking the same thing, but chose to indulge myself in the theory that he's learned his lesson from Season four and we'll get nothing but good writing, good episodes, good cases, and fluffy bunnies and unicorns from now on. Now can someone hand me my crack pipe - I'm starting to come down...

I DO hope we have Booth and Brennan in an established relationship. I don't expect them to be married/engaged or anything like that, but I'd like them to be committed to one another. I am kind of interested to see how the baby storyline goes about, mostly because Brennan has grown a bit in that aspect and it would be interesting to see. I do see Booth being promoted to Deputy Director, though I think that should/would be in the final episode simply because of the BB partnership being a staple on the show. I could also see Brennan leaving field work and possibly even the Jeffersonian, especially if she were to become a mother. If that we to happen, I'd like to see her pursue her writing and if her people skills were to improve, it would be interesting to see her work (even if we don't get to see it) at the university.
I agree on the established relationship, I'm probably one of the few that doesn't want them to get married because Brennan isn't for marriage and I want Booth to be the one to say "I know you love me, and I love you, and that's enough." They can exchange rings in an arbor at the Jeffersonian and have a party to express their love for one another but marriage is NOT Brennan's style. I do see them with a baby at some point in time, and when Booth gets promoted I see her leaving the field. Leaving the Jeffersonian I'm not sure about but your alternative, teaching at a Uni, that has potential. I can totally see her doing that since she does love academia and teaching.

I do admit I want Hodgela in the end, but a part of me feels like if that doesn't happen we'll see Angela head off to live in Paris or some other European city to pursue her art full time. It just seems like something she would do, and make for a really bittersweet good bye scene. I don't know what I want for Cam but I don't see her sticking around full time either, but I guess we will have to see.
See I don't think Jack and Angie will ever get back together - she'll always be the love of his life but never the woman he married, she's too much of a free spirit for that. So Paris, yes, I see that. Of course no Angie means Jack/Cam to me - but then I'm a born again J/C shipper so that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Also, can I say something? I know how unrealistic this may seem seeing as this IS Hollywood and all, but I'd like to know some of the cast stays in contact. I know people move and calls/texts/lunch visits tend to become less and less frequent and you can't expect them to stay close knit forever, but some of them have said how close they are even outside of work, and it'd be nice to know they kind of kept it that way.
I'm with you on this. You know it's interesting to me that Emily and Michaela are supposed to be real life friends, and it's said that David and Emily actually spend time together outside of the set both working with their acting coach and just hanging out, I wonder if TJ and Tamara are as close with everyone? I do recall seeing TJ interrupt David during an interview to just give him crap about something, and that's the sort of thing guys really only do to their friends, so I'd like to think these guys actually would stay in touch during once the show is over.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:39 am

on the last note, Rob, I think when you spend 16 hours a day 5-6 days a week with someone you tend to either hate them or be their friend. I think they all are close friends with each other.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:51 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:on the last note, Rob, I think when you spend 16 hours a day 5-6 days a week with someone you tend to either hate them or be their friend. I think they all are close friends with each other.
That is true. It forces you to either make nice or suffer their company - and it shows on the show when the latter is chosen. I know the show Moonlighting, so often used in comparrison with Bones (relationship-wise) was a show with contentious personalities, not friendships. Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd couldn't stand each other and the rest of the cast complained that they were both prima donnas. The show lasted four years but for the last year and a half Willis and Shepherd were hardly on set together and their scenes were never as good as the first two years of the show.

Emily and David sparkle together, and they're better now than they were in Season One. I think it's a sign of a good working relationship and a strong friendship.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 am

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:on the last note, Rob, I think when you spend 16 hours a day 5-6 days a week with someone you tend to either hate them or be their friend. I think they all are close friends with each other.
That is true. It forces you to either make nice or suffer their company - and it shows on the show when the latter is chosen. I know the show Moonlighting, so often used in comparrison with Bones (relationship-wise) was a show with contentious personalities, not friendships. Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd couldn't stand each other and the rest of the cast complained that they were both prima donnas. The show lasted four years but for the last year and a half Willis and Shepherd were hardly on set together and their scenes were never as good as the first two years of the show.

Emily and David sparkle together, and they're better now than they were in Season One. I think it's a sign of a good working relationship and a strong friendship.

king RM

I think they work very hard at making their friendships work. David's open-minded to Emily's vegan lifestyle even going vegetarian one day a week for her (I think I'm doing that this year, going veggie on Bones nights in Honor of Emily) and she's supportive of his family even being his son's "GF". Both of them aren't really A-list Actors Emily was a nobody before this show. David was known but he certainly wasn't a Brad Pitt/Johnny Depp, they both are level headed and are grateful to be where they are. They don't act like the world revolves around them. How ever I hear DB is nice, but does come off a bit arrogant in comparison to Emily who will come up and talk to you even though she doesn't have to. But that's personalities really.

As for the rest of them, they were nobodies either, they haven't been given the glorified fame card, no one stalks them when they go out to eat, they can do their jobs and be themselves. Generally, I think all of them are super nice people and all have great personalities. I think Casting wise Hart did a good job with cast fresh faces with good heads on their shoulders and just happened to get along.

Communication is Key. Thats what David said, Emily will bluntly tell him she's having a bad day and he'll leave her alone.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:51 am

Ohhh... If the EitB was any indication... I have a feeling that B&B will be in a committed relationship *winks*

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by keerz14 Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 am

For The Last Episode I'd Love To See A Flashforward Maybe Like 5 -7 Years Just For Like The Last 10 Minutes, But Only If Hart Chooses To Get B/B Together In The Last Episode. Which He Better Not.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
keerz14
keerz14
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Say What You Want : Well I'm 17 in almost a week. In 5th year. Living down south and practically live for my friends&family Smile) Cant wait for the 23rd cos of the Bones premiere and my 17th birthday will make up for the dissapointment of the premiere haha. Definetly gonna get jointed that saturday!! Cant wait....anyway thats it haha.
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

I can't concentrate on what you wrote cause your photo in your siggy keeps making me laugh.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Let's see...

Yes to at least one season of BB as a committed couple. I still think that would be a lovely next to last finale, having them in bed. "Why did we wait so long?" No? Maybe a little cliche. Could even echo the dialogue from EitB in the last's opener--the longer the show runs, the better that sounds. (Yes, I read comics and bring over the intense search for the little clues and repetitions to my Bones fandom)

Baby? Ummm, not sure on this one. I do have a hard time seeing Bren as a FT mom. A loving and capable mother, yes, but not the "I quit my job once the kids came along" type. I'd almost rather go back to the idea of them taking in foster kids or adopting. And while it might be a difficult decision, I suspect the writing would go before the anthrolopogy--she still gets irked that her writing is seen as more valuable than her scientific and LEO work. She definitely would leave the field when Booth does, especially if they're a couple.

Marriage--I can go either way on. If they were to go through with it, it wouldn't be very traditional (though more so than Ange's firedance!), even tho a Catholic priest might still preside. But there are still such things as common-law spouses, right? Because it would be a bad thing for something to happen to one of them and the other gets no say in treatment or worse.

Hodgela? Well, I have a soft spot for them, and I think if they end up together, Jack should make her sweat first after she dragged him around like that. That said, a J/C has potential, but only if Jack is truly over Angela (not fair otherwise to Cam or whoever). And Angela running off to pursue her art, say around the time Booth gets promoted--that rings true. She's said many times that she's there pretty much because of Brennan.

So--last epi...BB established, an anniversary party (pick your event) or celebration of his promotion; possibly the flash forward idea. Everyone's there, pretty much (even Zack, if he's out of the mental hospital). Lots of flashbacks and a handful of expectations and loose ends tied up. Final scene--either a huge toast and lots of laughs or BB going back inside after seeing everyone leave, smiling at each other before slamming the door shut (light, suggestive banter so we KNOW what's on their minds).

Perhaps too cheesy, I don't know. I'm more of a romantic than I let on, sometimes. And this does assume that the last season is planned that way; no surprise non-renewals.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Marriage--I can go either way on. If they were to go through with it, it wouldn't be very traditional (though more so than Ange's firedance!), even tho a Catholic priest might still preside. But there are still such things as common-law spouses, right? Because it would be a bad thing for something to happen to one of them and the other gets no say in treatment or worse.

[/color]

queen[/quote]

As anti-marraige Brennan is I don't think that we'll ever see them get married, but you bring up a good point. If/when they were to do so, it would simply be because Brennan saw it as...well, how she would see it. Yes, she doesn't need a piece of paper to prove she's committed to someone, but she knows it's important to Booth, and also if God forbid something happened to either of them-not to mention Parker or any child they might have. It's perfectly logical to want a legal binding between them to assure they have a hand in making the decision. Also, though I do doubt we'll see it happen, if/when it does I don't think it'll be traditional either. I could see Brennan being like "I conceded to marry you, please just let me have the ceremony I want."...Plus, I think it would be awesome to see some of the Hodgins estate or something, which whether Hodgela are together or not, would be a perfectly reasonable place for the ceremony to be held.

Re: Angela. As sad as it makes me to admit this, I'm starting to think/feel as if maybe they're the ones who will close their window of opportunity. I really don't get that, because while Ange likes to say she lives for the moment...um...she almost married Hodgins. She wants committment on some level. Anyway, I could totally see a scene in the final episode between her and Brennan where they're like "Are you sure you have to go?", referring to the fact Ange will take off to live abroad for a while. It makes me sad, but does not seem out of the realm of possibility.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:34 am

Well considering the total lack of consistency in the writing and character development especially for the past two seasons . . all bets are off and I can't say I even care that much anymore.

HH really has no vision for the direction of the show. They are simply winging it.

Nevertheless... Once Booth and Brennan hook up - the show will have officially jumped the shark. It is inevitable they will be together but it also precludes any further professional liaison between the Jeffersonian and the FBI - at least for those two characters and the supporting squints.

As the show has gotten entirely away from the once interesting mix of unusual forensics, believable-enough-to-stay-interesting investigative turns and twists, and solid character interaction - all for the sake of knee-jerk slapstick and the romantic attachments of interest to a 12 year old demographic - it is hard to anticipate the season with much enthusiasm.

Whether there is ever a Hodgela again I would still like to see Angela made back into a person of depth and not the equivalent of the town tramp.

Cam is awesome and should remain that way. Hodgins and the interns are almost worthy of comparison to the great King of the Lab days.

Too much Sweets rots the show. He is far better in less regular plot devices.

I am all for Bones exploring and becoming comfortable with her emotions. I think her being vulnerable to Booth is a reasonable way to explore that - but seriously - one more head injury to Seeley and the show itself is brain dead. But the real passion should not come from a near-death experience or traumatic loss or landing on top of each other after an explosion. With the intensity of the personalities of these two characters there is more than enough dynamic for them to go for it with their eyes wide open and with purpose. That would be so much hotter to me than reckless abandon. Let's face it. She needs to be put in a corner, mentally and physically and he needs to press her into surrender emotionally and spiritually. They need to exchange their strengths - not their weaknesses.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12588
Say What You Want : Everyone should make the effort to be original (not odd)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 am

jonezn4Bones wrote:Well considering the total lack of consistency in the writing and character development especially for the past two seasons . . all bets are off and I can't say I even care that much anymore.
Wow. Okay folks, please take note - especially those who accuse me of being negative - that not only am I not the only one to feel this way BUT jonezy here is actually even more down on HH and company than me, so...um, there. BTW jonez, couldn't agree more except for some odd reason I still care.

HH really has no vision for the direction of the show. They are simply winging it.
Truer words were never spoken. Seriously I think he HAD a plan through season three then when season four hit he had no clue, started pulling half finished scripts out of his ass and throwing things together that sounded good when the writers were still high and voila, episodes like DDotDD *shudder*.

Nevertheless... Once Booth and Brennan hook up - the show will have officially jumped the shark. It is inevitable they will be together but it also precludes any further professional liaison between the Jeffersonian and the FBI - at least for those two characters and the supporting squints.
Here we totally disagree. I forsee them hooking up and that becoming the hurdle to be surmounted - the mid season story arch or, if you will, the mini-bad they face as a team so they can deal with the big-bad (serial killer probably) that plagues them all season. I honestly think that jumping the shark for this show is them NOT getting together after season five. At that point it becomes completely implausible as a show concept.

As the show has gotten entirely away from the once interesting mix of unusual forensics, believable-enough-to-stay-interesting investigative turns and twists, and solid character interaction - all for the sake of knee-jerk slapstick and the romantic attachments of interest to a 12 year old demographic - it is hard to anticipate the season with much enthusiasm.
wow. You are dark. Have I mentioned you're like my new favorite person on this topic? I'm looking forward to season five like one looks forward to a bad car accident. I'm drawn to the season out of morbid curiosity, not genuine affection, but I'm hopeful that the damage is only superficial and the characters will be fine.

Whether there is ever a Hodgela again I would still like to see Angela made back into a person of depth and not the equivalent of the town tramp.
WORD. I can't put it any better.

Cam is awesome and should remain that way. Hodgins and the interns are almost worthy of comparison to the great King of the Lab days.
Again we agree.

Too much Sweets rots the show. He is far better in less regular plot devices.
Totally agree. Does he even have other clients?

I am all for Bones exploring and becoming comfortable with her emotions. I think her being vulnerable to Booth is a reasonable way to explore that - but seriously - one more head injury to Seeley and the show itself is brain dead. But the real passion should not come from a near-death experience or traumatic loss or landing on top of each other after an explosion. With the intensity of the personalities of these two characters there is more than enough dynamic for them to go for it with their eyes wide open and with purpose. That would be so much hotter to me than reckless abandon. Let's face it. She needs to be put in a corner, mentally and physically and he needs to press her into surrender emotionally and spiritually. They need to exchange their strengths - not their weaknesses.
That was beautifully rendered and so well put that I can't improve upon it. The thing I fear more than season five ending without them getting together but with a continuation of the increasingly untennable 'will they/won't they' direction of the show, is HH using a thoroughly cliched plot device such as the hurt/comfort or dangerous liason to push them into coupledom. When it happens it should be because one or both are tired of the games and they push each other - I believe Brennan is fully capable of coming to the conclusion she wants Booth and moving on him like a heat seeking missile when she does, the woman does not strike me as being bashful when she really wants something.

Anyway, I loved your take on things.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:18 am

Ha!

Are are Jonezy and Robert related? LOL!

I agree. I am far less passionate about the show now then I was two seasons ago. This past season was weak but it wasn't that the cases were weak (although they were) or the plot was weak (although sometimes they were), it was the full out basterdization of the characters.

Let's face it, it wasn't good. What I'd like to see in season five is a return to their actual characters. I agree about Angela entirely and I wish they would make up their mind about whether Brennan:
a)knows how to interrogate or
b) doesn't know how to interrogate

AND
a) has grown and is emotive or
b) some crazy cyborg

AND

a)actually is a forensic anthropologist or
b) just likes to follow Booth around

I'd like to see the show get a little more serious and go back to that really funny, really subtle humour they used to employ. Remember when Booth used to be serious AND funny? Now it's just one comic gag after another and it ruins the credibility of the character!

I think the problem is that they have forgotten that you can have character interaction and growth while still presenting an awesome case. Remember Boy in the Bush? Women in Limbo? Aliens in a Spaceship?

Now the cases seem to be a throwaway. That annoys me. So I'd like to see:

1. more cases
2. no Zach
3. less Sweets
4. no Roxie
5. less Angela being a crazy nympho and more of her being the true and loyal friend of Brennan
6. no babies
7. no shows that come off like bad fanfiction
8. more Hodgins
9. Some decent science
10. And better characterization!

Man, I could go on about this forever. My S1/S2 DVDS are calling my name!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:26 am

Thanks, Robert.

It is not that I dread the coupling of B&B. It is only that I dread the vehicle which will be contrived to yield that union.

The strength of the Seeley Booth character has been diluted season after season. He represented a very masculine ideal that was actually obtainable and that is what drew me to the show, initially.

Also, there is a cultural loss of value in fidelity which is reflected in the variable and tangential behavior and attitude of the characters. There is no such thing as "just sex" or "just reason, just desserts or just cause" as demonstrated in the "just anything will do" episodes of late.

Sadly, the more "creative" influence DB exercises on the show the less substantive value remains.

I want the Booth and Brennan of SEASON TWO to get together - not the clown and clueless of season four.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:30 am

I think this also sums it up:

As David Boreanaz adorably tells us: "I don't care about the crime solving. I just care about my relationship with her. The other stuff just happens. I don't care about the bones and the crime. I care about what they're doing over the crime scene."

Yea. Exactly.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 am

Np Jonezy,

I think we're on the same page Re: how we want B&B together, I think that if the writing were to return to it's S1/S2 levels, or even S3 levels, then their coupling can add depth to the show and it can remain a strong character based procedural without becoming anymore farcical than it already is. The thing you hit on that really irks me is what they've done to Booth. The Booth of S1/S2 and most of S3 is gone. S4 Booth was alternately a buffon, an ass, and a sweetheart. The one thing he rarely was in S4 was a serious investigator or a multi-dimensional character. I miss old Booth. I want the conflicted warrior, the gentleman who always treated Brennan right, the good guy who was doing the right thing even if it was against the rules. This joker with a badge act needs to be retired pronto.

The strength of the Seeley Booth character has been diluted season after season.
He is but a ghost of himself now, and I'm afraid we'll lose even that after this season.

Also Lindsey's list needs repeating ad infinitum to the writers and HH in particular. The old strengths of the show were the plot and science which provided a framework for the growth of the characters. Now it's been shifted to a character based melodrama where the casework is at best an afterthought and at worst a joke.

willgirl wrote:Now the cases seem to be a throwaway. That annoys me. So I'd like to see:

1. more cases
2. no Zach
3. less Sweets
4. no Roxie
5. less Angela being a crazy nympho and more of her being the true and loyal friend of Brennan
6. no babies
7. no shows that come off like bad fanfiction
8. more Hodgins
9. Some decent science
10. And better characterization!

To that I could only add CONTINUITY and CONSISTENCY. The two things I most missed in Season Four.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 am

willgirl wrote:I think this also sums it up:

As David Boreanaz adorably tells us: "I don't care about the crime solving. I just care about my relationship with her. The other stuff just happens. I don't care about the bones and the crime. I care about what they're doing over the crime scene."

Yea. Exactly.
Which seems to also be HH theory and a perfect reason why Season Four sucked babboon ass.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 am

I came in at t he wrong end of the conversation? Why did the 4th season suck? I just thought it was because it lacked those BB moments???
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:I came in at t he wrong end of the conversation? Why did the 4th season suck? I just thought it was because it lacked those BB moments???
I can only speak for myself (which is an unusual departure from my usual insistence on speaking for everyone) but the lack was in the depth and degree of previous seasons for nearly every aspect. The show has lost maturity. I predicted dark days from the premier episode of Season 4: when the opportunity to take the more subtle, richer, tastier humor and intelligent banter of previous seasons a step further against the dry, sober wit of the British tapestry. Instead, all hopes came unraveled and were lost to obvious, pandering, ugly American abroad (to quote Robert) buffoonery.

Characterizations have been lost this past season. The multifaceted dimensions of the cast collapsed into flat, one-sided shadows of their former glory. The inconsistent story lines have been paired to a lack of continuity in plot as well as character development. The effect has been that the production quality seems to have become an effort rather than an exploration of meaningful interaction in dialogue or purpose for the characters. The whole show is adrift. They are going through the motions. I have come away with the impression the producers are saying, "Let's try this . . ." repeatedly. The actors are not even trying to make their participation convincing.

Everything has been reduced to formula and settling for the gratuitous sight gag, sophomoric attempt at humor, token amorous gaze and gesture and the cases have become an aside and afterthought.

There is very little else they can do to denigrate the show further - except maybe to dress the female cast in halter tops and Daisy Duke cut-off shorts. For the male characters, if DB gets his way, they will sit around a bar and pass gas.

I guess I am only waiting for the ubiquitous car chase scenes and a laugh track.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 am

jonezn4Bones wrote:...There is very little else they can do to denigrate the show further - except maybe to dress the female cast in halter tops and Daisy Duke cut-off shorts. For the male characters, if DB gets his way, they will sit around a bar and pass gas.

I guess I am only waiting for the ubiquitous car chase scenes and a laugh track.
You're quite literally scaring the bejesus out of me now. The car chase scenes are what scare me the most, since I can't see the laugh track until after they try and fail with the 'live studio audience' which in itself begs the question, 'what other kind of studio audience is there?'

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:36 am

I know what they can do to "enhance" the viewer experience . . . Have the fans text message the lines of dialogue in real-time from their cell phones. Suspect
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum