Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Televisionary's interview with HH

+3
MoonlightGardenias
i_heart_bones
DBCrazy
7 posters

Go down

Televisionary's interview with HH Empty Televisionary's interview with HH

Post by DBCrazy Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 pm

I found this in my meandering, when I should have been working. Televisionary had an exclusive interview with Hart Hanson, discussing the upcoming season ...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Televisionary's interview with HH Empty Re: Televisionary's interview with HH

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Hanson: I can't react. I just can't allow that to affect me. I always said, if you give the fans what they want, you'll be off the air almost immediately because all of their desires are met. And you need to play it out and risk being hated once in a while. But it's hard not to react.

Oh that is why i just love him Very Happy
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Hehe...yes, that is definitely why we love him. Of course, what he fails to take into consideration, is maybe giving us just a little of what we want in small doses, otherwise you risk going off the air because everyone stops caring because they feel that it will never happen. But, you know, he's got a plan. Apparently. Laughing
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:14 am

nice interview
thanks for posting Sherry!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Of course, what he fails to take into consideration, is maybe giving us just a little of what we want in small doses, otherwise you risk going off the air because everyone stops caring because they feel that it will never happen.
Exactly so!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:45 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Hehe...yes, that is definitely why we love him. Of course, what he fails to take into consideration, is maybe giving us just a little of what we want in small doses, otherwise you risk going off the air because everyone stops caring because they feel that it will never happen. But, you know, he's got a plan. Apparently. Laughing

However...it could be argued he did give us want we wanted...just not in the WAY that we wanted it.
And come on you cant say that he doesnt give us little bits...albeit tiny little bits, but they are still bits...i think i confused myself :?:
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:30 pm

I would guess that all those fluffly moments at the end of the episodes are our "doeses". And End in the Beginning, was a really really big overdose....??? Maybe???
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:16 am

Look. I'm a junky - I can't make it on a quick fix here or there, I need to mainline some pure shit and I need it now. So no more nickel bags Hart, you got the hook up, give me what I need, I need an eight ball of B&B this season.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:01 am

THX1138 wrote:Look. I'm a junky - I can't make it on a quick fix here or there, I need to mainline some pure shit and I need it now. So no more nickel bags Hart, you got the hook up, give me what I need, I need an eight ball of B&B this season.

king RM

Maybe not exactly the way I would have phrased it, but yes...I have to agree. We're junkies, and we need our BB fix. Laughing .

In all seriousness, a small part of me is afraid we really WON'T get the opportunity to see them as a couple until the very end. Like the episode before the series finale, she'll show up at his door and then at the next we'll see them waking up in the morning. Oh, and the final shot? Will in all liklihood be of them sitting, leaned over the table, at the diner. Or FF. Because that's their "thing".

I don't want to be greedy, but yes...the door of opportunity is closing. Can we keep it open long enough for something conrete to happen, oh, I don't know...SOON?
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 am

But what else will you have when you get them together as a couple?

Don't you think the show will get inredibly boring after a while?
Don't get me wrong i can't wait to see them as a couple, but i will continue to enjoy the lead up!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 am

i_heart_bones wrote:But what else will you have when you get them together as a couple?

Don't you think the show will get inredibly boring after a while?
Don't get me wrong i can't wait to see them as a couple, but i will continue to enjoy the lead up!
Nah, there are so many possible issues that will arise once they're a couple, and the sexual tension, if properly handled, isn't likely to completely disappear. I forget--we discussed this somewhere, didn't we? *appeals to world at large* But I think we talked about juggling the demands of a new relationship, Booth's likely to become even more over-protective, plus you gotta worry about new issues arising in court connected to them going public. There were more, I'm sure.

I enjoy the lead-up, too, though, so long as it's handled properly and consistently. I just don't want to wait for the penultimate episode for them to get together. Last season, maybe (oh, now, that would make an excellent finale, wouldn't it? For the next to last season? Them in bed together, smiling, no dreams, no jokes, no AU...)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:07 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:But what else will you have when you get them together as a couple?

Don't you think the show will get incredibly boring after a while?
Nah, there are so many possible issues that will arise once they're a couple, and the sexual tension, if properly handled, isn't likely to completely disappear. I forget--we discussed this somewhere, didn't we? *appeals to world at large* But I think we talked about juggling the demands of a new relationship, Booth's likely to become even more over-protective, plus you gotta worry about new issues arising in court connected to them going public. There were more, I'm sure.
Actually we have discussed this my Queen, although discussed is less accurate than, say, everyone listening to me rant on the topic ad infinitum. This is one of the issues I attacked and attempted to debunk again and again following the Season Finale, that them having real sex, getting together in any meaningful way, would mean an end to the sexual tension and drama. Really? First the only show that's ever happened on was Moonlighting - and that was a case of piss poor writing and the co-stars both taking hiatuses from the show the following season. Hard for a show to maintain any sort of momentum without both stars. Second it assumes the relationship will be tension and trouble free. Again, really? Booth and Brennan getting together would open up a world of possibilities to a whole different set of relationship tensions AND the sexual tension doesn't have to go away. It's been over four years, once they get together the sex vibe between them will be off the charts crazy - I can see Booth making a move on her in her office or her coming on to him in his, or the interrogation room - who doesn't have an interrogation room fantasy? Then there's the whole baby issue, getting married, living together, and not to mention monogamy - I mean we don't expect then, either one, to cheat but a guy coming on to Brennan would push Booth's jealousy into overdrive and THAT would cause issues between them (it's a trust thing first an foremost, I can so see Brennan teeing off on Booth over that). I mean any decent writer worth his salt can create even more drama with them as a couple, and a greater variety of drama instead of the same tired "will they?/won't they?" shtick they've run on for four years now.

I enjoy the lead-up, too, though, so long as it's handled properly and consistently. I just don't want to wait for the penultimate episode for them to get together. Last season, maybe (oh, now, that would make an excellent finale, wouldn't it? For the next to last season? Them in bed together, smiling, no dreams, no jokes, no AU...)

queen
Again, my Queen is correct. I love the lead-up to their relationship too but a lead-up has to lead somewhere and if it doesn't then there was never a point to it was there? I've watched this show, every episode, from the beginning but if HH is telling me now they won't be together until the final episode then why and the hell am I so invested? IMO he walks a fine line between extending the drama, drawing the most out of it, and wrecking the show.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 pm