Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drinking Games (A short fic)

2 posters

Go down

Drinking Games (A short fic) Empty Drinking Games (A short fic)

Post by annd28 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:52 am

~This has been stuck in my brain all day so I thought I would just post it. Its very random hope you guys enjoy! Thanks in advance for reading.~

Drinking Games

By: Ann

"Your turn," he said extending his arm to her offering up the paper ball he just made. Temperance stood and eyed him. Then the paper ball cautiously. She didn't know why she agreed to play but they just wrapped up a case and this was their down time. Drinking and talking but tonight he wanted to play.

"I don't understand the point of all this Booth." she said rolling the ball in the palm of her hand.

The waste basket was placed across the room in the middle of the kitchen floor. She closed one eye just as Booth had. This is stupid, she thought to herself. Opening her eye she leveled her ball then put her hand down again.

"C'mon Bones," he chuckled. "Take your shot." he didn't miss the eye roll she shot his way as he refilled the two shot glasses on the coffee table.

Temperance turned leveled her shot once more and released the paper ball watching it sail through the air and then with a soft thud fall beside the basket.

She turned to take her glass from an obviously amused Booth. "I believe your trying to get me drunk agent Booth."

"Never Dr. Brennan," he said in mock shock. Holding the glass out to her. Temperance downed the vodka in one gulp. Her eyes shut immediately against the sting. "I just wanna win." he said with a wolfish grin.

Temperance slapped his arm playfully. "At this rate you will."

Ripping a sheet of paper Booth crumbled it up into a ball. He was definately trying to get something started but he wasn't that kind of man. Even drunk he wouldn't take advantage of her.

"I just want to remind you that your five points down Bones, and if I make these next few shots then I win." Temperance sat on the couch. Letting her muscles relax as she did. She wouldn't tell him that the room was spinning, the vodka was definately getting to her.

She made a piff sound as she said "you under estimate me I am a constant suprise sometimes." She watched as Booth took his shot and the paper ball hit the rim of the basket then sailed across the floor to land somewhere down the hall.

She chuckled, "You missed!" she laughed more. Before she knew it she was laughing harder and the more she laughed the harder it was becoming to stop.

Booth couldn't help himself. Laughing right along with her, he to collapsed on the couch next to her. Shutting his eyes tightly to block out the movning wall in front of him. "Bones I do believe your drunk already, so my game had nothing to do with it."

She sighed heavily and tried to focus her eyes on the digital clock on the counter. Its red dials becoming harder to read.

"Booth I think I will call Angela to pick me up its late." She began to reach for her bag but was stopped. Booth held her wrist stilling her actions. Her blue eyes met his dancing brown ones.

Noticing the contact he pulled his hand away. "Just stay here tonight," he said. When her brow furrowed he continued. "You can take my room and I will crash in Parkers bed. No big deal leave in the morning."

Booth maybe I should just head home I mean ANgela won't mind picking me up."

Temperance closed her eyes, talking was becoming difficult. She was definately dunk but would it be smart spending the night at Booth's place. It was in her experiance that inebriated people tended to become a bit more brazen then they would normally and she didn't want to say something that she would have to pay for later. No she should go.

Temperance tried standing but was unsuccesful. "Its 3am Bones, just stay here tonight and we can finish our game. Look," he bagan when she sighed "you already got your shoes off and your jacket is." he looked around the apartment. Her jacket was somehere be just didn't know where.

Rolling her head to the side she looked at her partner and smiled. "ok just give me a ball,"

He grinned the amazing way only he knew how. "Bones what kind of man do you take me for.

"A very drunk one," she said taking a paper ball and standing. While willing her legs to support her she did her best to eye up her shot.

Maybe it was because the room was swaying or maybe it was because she was swaying or maybe it was the warm feeling building up in the pit of her stomach but she broke into laughter.

When was the last time I was this drunk, she thought to herself. Her mind spun along with the thought. Closing her eyes she tried to regain some sanity. Yet the feelings she was feeling were the most delightful feelings she has felt since her father narrowly missed prison.

"I'm going to fall asleep right here waiting for you to miss this shot," said Booth from the couch. Temperance turned towards him and almost lost her footing. The loose carpeting twisted beneath her foot causing her head to do the same. Biting her bottom lip she pointed a finger at the now laughing agent.

"Careful Bones," he chuckled. "Your gonna fall if you do that again." Temperance pointed a finger at him.

"I'm very well balanced Booth, its the room causing me to feel. . . " what was it exactly.

"No Bones its the vodka," he replied. Then standing himself he said "take your shot."

She was going to do just that but she couldn't get her mind away from the fact that the man knew how to wear a pair of jeans. He stood behind her hands stowed in his pockets the black F.B.I t-shirt he wore seemed to hug every muscle on his well defined body. Turning back to the waste basket she decided in her head that she shouldn't drink.

Lining her shot once more Temperance held her breath as she took aim and let the paper ball sail out of her hands. It landed with a thud missing the waist basket completely and bouncing off the wall in the kitchen.

Booth laughed "and a miss!" he said handing her the shot glass. Temperance took the small glass containing the clear liquid she prepared herself for the burn as she placed it against her lips and closed her eyes.

The perfect woman, he couldn't count the times he tried this with other women. Staying home on a Friday or Saturday, eating pizza or in this case tahi food and playing paper ball toss. "This is silly," Rebecca had said. Which was the response he had gotten from most.

Not this woman though, he knew Bones, of course she would find it juvenile but should would try it any way.

Knowing that she would get competitve was the fun part. She tried her best to sink her shots and turned to him a wide grin when her first of three hit the waist basket. He wanted to tell her how cute he thought she looked but didn't.

"Now its your turn Booth," she said holding out the paper ball for him to take. His mind had drifted as he went over the thoughts in his head. Temperance looked at him, her long slightly curly hair in her face. A few strands clung to her eye lashes. Booth reached out and swept them away. "C'mon here," she said. Her eyes dancing with laughter.

Booth smiled and winked.

"I do believe now your six points down,"

"Take your shot." Booth closed one eye eyed the basket and just as he released the ball from his fingers he was met with a hand clamping down on his bisep pulling it downward. The ball fell short of the basket and his partner had collapsed on the couch in hard laughter.

"Bones!" he said turning. "You just cheated!"

Still laughing she sat up clutching her stomach and a hand over her mouth. "I win by default." Booth said.

"No Booth you didn't set any rules so you must take a shot,"

Temperance began to pour the small glass. She offered it up to his partner, "its an unspoken rule."

"You missed you drink."

"Fine," Booth replied. Taking the shot glass he downed the liquid in one gulp. As Temperance stood prepared to take her next shot she reached out a hand and it landed on Booths chest.

"I'm glad we're partners Booth," her smile was bright. Eyes half lidded there was no denying she was more than tipsy.

"Me too." he answered. Their eyes met and held. I shouldn't she was saying to herself. I really shouldn't. But before she could stop herself, she was already doing it. She inched a hand up into his hair and gently pulled him down for a kiss.

Last edited by annd28 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a mistake was pointed out to me on the boneyard thought i better correct.)

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Drinking Games (A short fic) Empty Re: Drinking Games (A short fic)

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:40 pm

I love this, you gotta continue! Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:21 pm

So many thoughts traveled through his brain. Dancing around the shot glasses of vodka and the paper balls all surrounded one woman. Temperance Brennan.

Kissing her was like taking a breath, the action was necessary. Yet he knew he needed to stop. She was drunk and had no idea what she was doing, he was unreluctant to pull away but he did.

Booth kept his arms around her waist holding her to him, he just wasn't quite ready to let go yet.

She raised her head and looked at him through heavy lidded eyes. A slow smile spread across her soft features. "Why did you stop?" the question played across his face as he searched for an answer that wouldn't make him sound like a horny teenager.

There were so many responses he wanted to give. Like the fact that if he didn't stop they were going to end up on that couch or in his bed. Or the floor or. . . .

"Booth?"

"Uh," he stammered. "I . . .Bones your drunk and this wouldn't be right while your drunk and it's gonna be hard enough for me stop if you keep kissing me like that."

"I know exactly what I'm doing Booth," she dropped her hand letting it rest on his chest. She craved his contact as she pressed herself closer to him.

"Why don't we. . .I mean you go lay down." She looked at him again.

"But who won?" Booth smiled softly brushing a strand of hair away from her face with his finger and tucking it behind her ear.

With a grin he said "of course I did." bare footed and sleepy Temperance found her way down the hall, Booth watched her pass his bedroom and head straight into Parkers. He started after her to stop her but didn't.

He moved around the living room and the kitchen picking up forgotten paper balls and empty bottles. He picked up the now empty bottle of vodka and the two shot glasses. After downing a glass of water he noted the time. 5:15 am it was a good thing tomorrow was Saturday.

Booth made his way down the hall flipping out lights as he went. He pushed open the door with his foot and ran a hand down his face. Booth didn't bother turning on the light. He pulled his shirt over his head, undid the button and zipper on his jeans and let them fall to his ankles. He stepped out of them and right into bed. Not bothering with the sheet he laid side ways across the bed and closed his eyes.

His Partner floated into his mind, her smile, the way her eyes lit up. The sound of her laughter bounced around in his ears, then the breathy throaty way she said his name after the kiss they shared.

Within minutes sleep claimed him. Putting him out with thoughts of the woman sleeping down the hall danced in his mind.

Last edited by annd28 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The beginning chapter didn't belong)

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:40 am

Girls just wanna have fun~" came the sing song voice that floated into Booths dream. His waking was slow at first and then slowly with the realization that she was in his apartment Booth rolled over onto his back. His eyes slowly adjusting to the bright sun light. He reached up and wrapped a finger around the cord that would close the blinds to the offending light.

His bedroom was soon bathed in a warm glow of light. Semi darkness and light. He sighed heavily and sat up slowly. "Vodka," he said to himself.

"They just wanna they just wanna," came the singing again. So he wasn't dreaming. He turned stood pulling his jeans on but not bothering with the button or the shirt. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and shook his head. His hair stood on end sticking up in all direction.

The bathroom light in the hall was on the sight of steam rolling from beneath the door confirmed that his partner was in fact better at bouncing back than he.

"Bones?" he called out. The water soon shut off and then she answered.

"Yeah?" her voice was muffeled.

"Need anything?"

"Nope," came her unusually bright voice. He started to walk down the hall but was stopped when she began to talk. "Well yeah, a shirt maybe, and a pair of shorts."

"So . . . . .ok." he replied.

Shorts, shorts and a t-shirt. Booth retreated down the hall in search of the things she requested.

He heard the bathroom door open turned to see the steam rolling out and then a glimpse of a white towel. Heavens she was walking out in nothing but the towel.

"Booth," came the voice that haunted his dreams the entire night. He felt like a school boy. He pulled open drawer after drawer looking for a pair of shorts with a drawstring so they wouldn't fall off and pool around her feet and. . . . suddenly his mouth was dry. He was incapable of words. "Booth?" Just the thought of her in his bedroom shorts. . . .

Mentally shaking himself he turned, blue eyes met brown ones. He was definately panting now, she looked even better wet. Her hair hung loose around her as she clung to the towel.

"Yeah, shorts and a tow- I mean a shirt,"

Finally finding what he was looking for he pulled a pair of black F.B.I running shorts from the bottom drawer. Which was followed by a shirt that he pulled out of the second drawer. It was gray with his sur name printed on the back in big black bold letters.

He laid the items on the bed. "Here ya go Bones, now I'm gonna jump in the shower." a cold shower. "and um. . . if you want to get goin."

"Hold on agent Booth." she said walking towards him. Her eyes danced with the same look they held last night.

How many times had he had this dream. Bones walking towards him wrapped in a towel or nothing with that look that could melt any object it fell upon. Brennan found this amusing watching him squirm.

She had woken long before he had, it didn't take long for the events of last night to come washing over her. Sure her head hurt a little but nothing she hasn't dealt with before. She wasn't as drunk as she came across last night either.

Yet Booth bought every little thing she did. Including that kiss. She rememered a conversation she had with Angela a few weeks ago.

"Sweetie, when the moment arises you'll know what to do."

Brennan had rolled her eyes. Really not knowing what that was suppose to mean but she kept her mouth shut. Turning her attention back to the file open on her desk. When the moment arises, what moment was she suppose to be waiting on?

It wasn't until last night had she realized exactly what Angela had meant. They were both relaxed and she was a good actor. She smiled to herself as she stepped in the shower. It was time to do something about their situation.

Now she was doing something about it. She stood in his bedroom wrapped in his towel feeling as if her heart was going to explode in her chest.

There was no doubt that this was happening, he could smell is soap on her skin and his shampoo in her hair. His head was swimming not from vodka this time but from her. He felt intoxicated but never like this. Booth shut his eyes tightly as if trying to wake up. Not that he wanted to but this would be cruel if it were only a dream.

"May-maybe I should just wait in-" Brennan pressed two fingers to his lips. Lips that were warm beneath the pad of her fingers and soft. She noted.

She searched his expression before speaking. "I may be wrong Booth but are you . . . .nervous?" she asked. Placing a finger on his bare chest right over his heart she smiled cooly.

"I do believe your heart is racing faster than mine." Brennan reached down and took his hand in hers. As if in a dream state Booth let her. With her head cocked to one side she let her gaze hold his. "Here feel," she placed his hand over her own heart.

His eyes widened in shock. Was this really happening? It had to be because it was too good and vivid to be just a dream. With one hand Booth removed her fingers from his lips bringing it down to his chest and holding it there.

"Bones are you still drunk maybe?" He asked. Confused and more excited than anything.

'When the moment arises you'll know what to do'

Angela's words floated back to her. Brennan reached across and released the knot in her towel letting it fall to the floor to pool at her feet.

He didn't know weather to pass out or stop her, but he smiled.

"No Booth not drunk," was her response. "no not anything. Things just became very very clear to me." With those words she raised up on tip toe while simultaneously bring her partner down for a smouldering kiss.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum