Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette

3 posters

Go down

The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette Empty The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:51 pm

This is one of my favorite and lightest (and shortest) Vignettes...I own not the song, nor the characters herein.

Booth had taken to whistling when he entered the Medico-Legal Lab. Brennan had given him peculiar look, since it seemed to be the same piece every time, but usually being preoccupied with other things, she never bothered or remembered to ask him what it was. Angela merely remarked a few times that he seemed to be in a cheerful mood. Cam ignored it; to her, it was merely the sign of a happy Seeley Booth, and she paid no attention to the tune. The interns were too nervous of the big, bad, scary FBI agent (as well as their professor) to talk to him long enough to contemplate asking--and it was a cinch bet that 99.9% of them weren’t old enough to remember it.

It was Hodgins who ID’d it. And he couldn’t help but chuckle every time Booth came in whistling thereafter.

“How appropriate,” was his only comment as he passed the Agent in the hall one day. He strolled off, humming softly.

It's poetry in motion
She turned her tender eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony
Mmm - but she blinded me with science…

“She Blinded Me with Science” by Thomas Dolby. Title also from the song. Oh, I loved this song when I was a kid!
queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette Empty Re: The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette

Post by DBCrazy Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 am

Yay! I love short ones! Thanks, Dawn. I'd heard about this somewhere but had never seen it. Counting off everyone in the lab with their reason for being clueless, and then Hodgins getting it and just smiling. The song fits not only the science part, but I can just see Booth identifying with every line!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette Empty Re: The Spheres're in Commotion--a Vignette

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:38 am

That was great, Dawn. Very to the point and how fitting. The lyrics do fit, don't they? Great work!
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:29 pm

I always liked that it was a she with the apparent science chops in the song; made it difficult to dedicate to a male teacher at school, though... (we had some form of music dedications at one of my schools and this was used a LOT for science ones.) Very Happy

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum