Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder

+4
i_heart_bones
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
willgirl
8 posters

Go down

Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder Empty Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder

Post by willgirl Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 am

I first read about it here:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Here's the videos:

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder Empty Re: Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 am

Oh my goodness. I'm not quite sure exactly what that is.... I'm gonna watch the videos... Thank for sharing.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder Empty Re: Eric Millegan announces he has bipolar disorder

Post by willgirl Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 am

Also, there are more vids of him on his youtube channel singing and such. And apparently he's leaving L.A and moving back to New York.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:09 am

Wow. That's a bombshell, I never knew he was gay, not that I care, but bipolar? It's amazing how well he's handled it, especially in an industry that's so competitive and difficult to work in. God speed Eric.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:17 am

Will, I heard about him moving back to NY from HH. Which means Zack is bye bye for good, I guess. Shame.

Whats his youtube account.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 am

I believe Eric's youtube account is KingSpeedForever

Here's a link: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 am

Danke.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Yeah thats pretty crazy! wouldn't have guessed. I love it when he posts new videos. The new ones of him singing are great!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 pm

in these videos he kind of looks like Jesse McCartney back in his All My Children/ Dream Street days...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:21 pm

I knew he was gay. I didn't know that he was Bipolar though. He kept it from the press very well.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:25 am

bones206 wrote:I knew he was gay. I didn't know that he was Bipolar though. He kept it from the press very well.

He wasn't really "in" the press. I mean it's something you can hide in interviews and press releases and such, it's not like you can look at someone and say they're bipolar. They aren't lepers Wink

I think someone asked Hart in light of this if he could do an episode on bipolar(ism?) That could be interesting. Anyone agree?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:31 am

Well, yeah, no one from Bones is ever in the press.

And, what exactly are "lepers"?
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:40 am

Technically, lepers are people with leprosy, which used to be a very dangerous and disgusting illness.

Historically and Biblically, lepers were required to warn off people, wear bells or something else obvious, so everyone would know to avoid them for their own safety. If they weren't being isolated, that is. There is usually some sort of skin discoloration and potentially damage to the limbs (think flesh-eating virus--not the same thing, but that sort of damage). In other words, there was little or no hiding it. In recent years, there are medications to control it (I honestly don't know if it's curable). I may have a few details wrong, but I believe that's the gist of it.

But a mental disorder generally doesn't show on the outside and is certainly not contagious. Hideable, as Ella says. (and if that's not what you had in mind, do let me know!)

And an episode revolving around this issue could be quite interesting. Most of the world is not very comfortable with mental illnesses, and there is a sizeable percentage who think it's all made up. (depression's not an illness! He just needs to buck up, go out and do things! ..and that's mild, from what I hear) If the victim was attacked for being bipolar, would that count as a hate crime?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:07 pm

bones206 wrote:Well, yeah, no one from Bones is ever in the press.

And, what exactly are "lepers"?

people with leperacy... I don't know how to spell that. heh.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Technically, lepers are people with leprosy, which used to be a very dangerous and disgusting illness.

Historically and Biblically, lepers were required to warn off people, wear bells or something else obvious, so everyone would know to avoid them for their own safety. If they weren't being isolated, that is. There is usually some sort of skin discoloration and potentially damage to the limbs (think flesh-eating virus--not the same thing, but that sort of damage). In other words, there was little or no hiding it. In recent years, there are medications to control it (I honestly don't know if it's curable). I may have a few details wrong, but I believe that's the gist of it.

But a mental disorder generally doesn't show on the outside and is certainly not contagious. Hideable, as Ella says. (and if that's not what you had in mind, do let me know!)

And an episode revolving around this issue could be quite interesting. Most of the world is not very comfortable with mental illnesses, and there is a sizeable percentage who think it's all made up. (depression's not an illness! He just needs to buck up, go out and do things! ..and that's mild, from what I hear) If the victim was attacked for being bipolar, would that count as a hate crime?

queen

Yeah, right you gotta go and show me up. haha. Smile

Thats exactly what I meant, BTW.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Good--I failed the course in mind-reading, you know... Smile And I didn't mean to steal your thunder, Ella!

And that just pushed one of my history buttons. study For the sake of your sanity, don't ask me about Elizabethan England or earlier kings & queens of England, OK? I'm not the biggest expert, but it doesn't take much for me to share what I know.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 pm

I don't know anything about Kings, queens, court jesters or anything political.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:14 pm

You will if you ask too loudly. Very Happy

Oh, and in an interview elsewhere on the board (Spoilers, maybe?), HH says maybe a bipolar intern, since they're thinking about one more for S5.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by amethyst Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:52 am

wow!I had learnt here he was gay, and this is soo impressive. I hoper he knows he can be real proud of himself, he's a good actor and I really thank him for sharing something so private.
Thanks Eric.

amethyst
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Say What You Want : Hello from Barcelona
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 pm

My mother-in-law was bipolar... she even had to undergo Electro-Shock Therapy in the 60's... didn't do bugger all apparently.

I think the more mental illnesses are hilighted in the media the better they will be accepted by the public.
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down