Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797

4 posters

Go down

Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797 Empty Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797

Post by riviera41797 Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 am

- One shot – inspired by the song: Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello – by Elvis Presley

- Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello – Riviera41797 -

“Tim Sullivan! Hey man! Good to see you!” Seeley Booth exclaimed, with a wide smile as he shook his friend and former co-workers hand, while simultaneously clapping him on the back. Sully looks good, Booth thought. Tanned, healthy. Jamaica boat life must agree with him.

The two men took a moment greet each other outside the Royal Diner. It was a gray, rainy, cool day. Booth was not back to work yet, as he was still recovering from his surgery and this seemed like a nice distraction. Truth was, he was bored out of his mind.
Especially with Bones out of town.

“Booth! Thanks for meeting with me. You look like you’re recovering well, huh?” Sully responded, his eyes glancing over Booths shoulder. “Uh, Brennan isn’t around is she?” he asked nervously, almost.

“Nah, she’s at some dig in Guatemala. She’s due back next week. Word travels fast huh? You heard about my brain thing?” Booth changed the subject from his partner, and motioned to the waitress to bring 2 cups of coffee.

“Yeah, I stay in touch with a few agents here in DC; they let me know what was going on. I was in the area, so I just thought I’d stop in, see how you’re doing” Sully said, leaning back in his chair, as the waitress brought out a fresh cups of coffee for the two men.

Booth, grew suspicious why Sully wasn’t mentioning or asking about his partner more, especially since they had a relationship previously, seemed off somehow. He shifted the conversation back a step.

“So….you said you’d been in touch with some agents…what about Bones? You uh…have been in touch with her?” Booth asked as casually as he could manage. Don’t interrogate him Booth…he told himself silently, as he watched Sully carefully, gauging his reaction, his body language.

Sully studied his coffee cup a moment before answering. Almost as if he were weighing his words. Choosing them carefully, Booth noted.

“No. I haven’t been in touch with her” he admitted softly. His face drawn.

There was a long pause between them. Booths eyes never left the other mans face. Their eyes locked. Tim Sullivan’s shifted away. Guiltily almost. Or was he imagining it?

“Oh yeah?” Booth responded, taking a sip of coffee. Casual Booth, stay casual, he reminded himself .

Sully sighed. Looked down at his coffee a moment. Then his gaze met Booths again.

“Look Booth. I know you think what I did was pretty low, considering all she went through with growing up, but….” He trailed off, looking away.

“But?” Booth prompted, not willing to let Sully out of this issue.

Flashing him an irritated look, Sully finally elaborated.

“But I could see what was going on? Okay? When I called you to see about lunch or whatever, I knew she is in Guatemala. I only came here to see you, see how you’re doing. If you really want to know, I am actually in town to finalize my officially leaving the FBI. I am moving to Jamaica full time.” Sully stated plainly.

The obvious question now, that it seemed like he should ask, is “What could you see going on Sully?” but Booth didn’t want to ask. Maybe he didn’t want to hear the answer. Maybe he knew the answer. But maybe he just didn’t want to go down that road with the other man. Not now. Maybe not ever.

“Booth….I’m ashamed to face her. I mean, I’d like to talk to her, but I don’t know where to start. Just….don’t tell her I’m unhappy or anything. That’s just between me and you. Don’t tell her I still love her, okay? Or that I’m thinking of her.” Sully’s voice caught in his throat at that last statement. He closed his eyes a moment. Composed himself. Looked away.

“Alright then. We’ll just that issue slide then” Booth shrugged. Allowing the subject to drop, but knowing he’d be going over and over it in his mind later.

This seems to be what the other man wanted to hear. Booth observed. Wondering to himself what he should tell Bones when he saw her next. Before he could voice the question, Sully said, almost to himself:

“Just tell her Tim said hello” was all Tim Sullivan said finally.

The End
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797 Empty Re: Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:26 am

Aw thats so cute. Booth shoulda kicked his ass. You should keep going. Don't end it here.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797 Empty Re: Just Tell Her Tim Said Hello - One Shot - Riviera41797

Post by riviera41797 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 am

It wouldn't be hard for me to go on with it - I have a HUGE new storyline (very unique I might add) I am ready to write....just have to...sort of work myself up to it I guess. This was an appetizer story I guess, thanks !
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:30 am

Whats your new story about? Please don't kill off anyone. Well Sully's fine!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 am

its got a big plot twist. I can't give it away. I will say its set just after the most recent season finale.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 am

Oh goodness! That can go in so many different directions! I can't wait I'm excited.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm

I liked this Riviera. I like short ones, and I agree that you've got plenty of room to take it in so many directions.

... but knowing he’d be going over and over it in his mind later.
I can just imagine how long he ended up going over their little conversation.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:41 pm

thank you!!

other than the main reason of this story popping into my head, it was almost an "exercise" for myself, because the next story I have in mind, is a LONG one. I wanted to see if I had it in me to start a longer fic, as I haven't written a long fic since "The Promotion"....
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:02 am

I almost felt bad for Sully glad he didn't come back to see Bones though. Awsome one shot

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:31 am

(Riv beams)

cool!! thank you!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum