Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters

+2
RGPageantqueen
Lo
6 posters

Go down

Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters Empty Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters

Post by Lo Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It premieres on Bravo, next wednesday [August 5th] @ 10pm & 11pm.

Here's Bravo's blurb:

DIETARY RESTRICTIONS
It’s a battle of the burgers as the five remaining chefs strive to create an American classic. In the elimination challenge, the Masters must prepare the perfect meal for an exclusive celebrity lunch thrown by actress and singer-song-writer Zooey Deschanel. Morgan Spurlock also guest stars, and one chef is eliminated, while the remaining four move to the next round of competition.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters Empty Re: Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing. I'll have to remember somehow to watch this.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters Empty Re: Zooey Deschanel appearance on Top Chef Masters

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:53 pm

Sweet. will hopefully be able to catch the clip online...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:21 am

I found a video of Zooey's appearance.

Part 1 - it starts just after the burger battle (what a contrasting episode!)

Part 2 - Zooey, Momma D, and friends enjoy their vegan meal
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 am

Thanks pal Smile
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:18 am

you are welcome!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Vegan, eh? That's cool. Zooey's not a vegan, but she IS gluten intolerant, which I thought would be the restriction.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:46 am

Meegs82 wrote:Vegan, eh? That's cool. Zooey's not a vegan, but she IS gluten intolerant, which I thought would be the restriction.

it was, or at least I think it was, I saw t he episode when it aired but I can't really remember it all, But I thought that was on her list cause I remember someone commenting on it. I thought Zooey ate meat? Last I heard she was a fan of chicken salad...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:23 am

Right, she DOES eat meat. She isn't a vegan OR a vegetarian. Maybe her sister has managed to get her to eat vegan some of the time, who knows.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 am

she said people normally hated cooking for her, only her mom would! cause she's 'difficult' to cook for. it sounded like she kinda ate veggie at least most of the time anyway...i don't know why else she would request a vegan meal otherwise. i laughed at the part when her mom was saying the food felt like home and zooey was like i just said that and her mom was like yeah, we are from the same home!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 am

I still haven't watched it yet, but I will 'cuz it sounds entertaining! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Right, she DOES eat meat. She isn't a vegan OR a vegetarian. Maybe her sister has managed to get her to eat vegan some of the time, who knows.

If my sister tried to talk me into going Vegan, I'd smack her... but then again I just got home from eating 5 baskets of wings endless wing night, sooooooo yeah. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 pm

That was interesting. I would have enjoyed seeing Emily show up, since she's the real vegan in the family. Maybe they went vegan because they were going to have her show and then something came up!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:57 am

DBCrazy wrote:That was interesting. I would have enjoyed seeing Emily show up, since she's the real vegan in the family. Maybe they went vegan because they were going to have her show and then something came up!

Thats possible... But then wouldn't she have said, for my sister- who's vegan?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:That was interesting. I would have enjoyed seeing Emily show up, since she's the real vegan in the family. Maybe they went vegan because they were going to have her show and then something came up!

Thats possible... But then wouldn't she have said, for my sister- who's vegan?
Yeah, but I'm thinking more drawn out. Like they planned to do it way ahead of time, then things changed and so they just went through with it with Zooey being the vegan. That's kind of what I meant.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 am

Thats possible too. I don't know what else would have gotten in the way except work, But I would think Hart would allow her some time (an afternoon) to have lunch with her sister. I mean all she would need is the time to eat the food.

I do have to say, some of that food looked completely unedible. Like I would never eat some of that stuff. But then again, half the stuff they make on food network I would never eat. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:12 am

I thought it all looked good. I got the impression it was all for Zooey and she is a vegetarian/vegan.

Slightly OT, wasn't Emily supposed to be on some sort of vegan cooking show too???
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:38 am

I thought it looked pretty good myself, except the eggplant. I've never seen this show before, but the fella that did the pasta, I've seen his show on Food Network, Saturday mornings I believe. I don't recall his name, but he always puts together food that really looks good.

... and I hadn't heard about Emily on any vegan cooking show.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:39 am

CanadianBones wrote:I thought it all looked good. I got the impression it was all for Zooey and she is a vegetarian/vegan.

Slightly OT, wasn't Emily supposed to be on some sort of vegan cooking show too???

It wasn't a cooking show, It was this show/documentary thing where a bunch of people gathered for a vegan dinner to talk about being vegan and their favorite animal rights organization, I can't remember who I saw that had posted about it, but I'm going to find out who it was, and ask if they know if and when the show will be on, and I'll let you guys know.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 am

oh ok, thanks Ella, that sounds more familiar now.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:50 am

yeah, I still can't figure out who it was that mentioned it... I'm still looking! Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum