Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Crossroads?

3 posters

Go down

A Crossroads? Empty A Crossroads?

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

A Crossroads?
by DBCrazy

A/N: This just popped in my mind with all the discussion about The Kiss yes, The Kiss no! The UST! They're gonna mess it up! They're gonna hold off too long!

I have no idea if this is any good or not, but I'm posting it before I chicken out!!

The Crossroads

He got out of the SUV, reached back in for the folder he'd almost forgotten in the passenger seat, then slammed the door shut, no harder than usual. He headed for the sidewalk leading into the Hoover Bldg., then remembered ... Turning around he caught a glimpse of her about three rows over.

She was new here, from New Mexico. He'd met her last week by the vending machines. She was staring at the donut sticks that had refused to fall for her. He'd just smiled, wondering how that strategy was going to work out. Then he'd walked up beside her, lending his support in her cause. She'd tried to ignore him at first, but had finally decided that wasn't going to work! As she turned her eyes from the donut sticks teetering on the edge to this good looking hunk! she tried to hide her excitement. Not a chance. He pretended he didn't notice, but he'd encountered that flicker before and he knew how to interpret it. It was okay though. He kind of felt a little flicker himself.

"So, do you want any help with your donuts?"

"Uh ... sure," wondering how he'd tackle this little problem she was having.

"Eddie, would you be so kind as to help ... " looking back at her questioningly.

"Santana, Santana Rose," she offered up.

"Miss Rose. She has a sweet tooth waiting to be satisfied."

With that Eddie climbed out of his chair in the corner, and grabbed his mammoth key ring searching for the right key. Once he had the door open he grabbed her selection and handed it over to Booth, "Here."

When Booth held it up to her she'd tried to hide the flush in her cheeks, and she'd almost accomplished it, until he didn't let go as she reached for it. She didn't turn red, but still it was a nice color that blossomed. As she started to look him in the eye, it was the oddest thing. It was like he'd all the sudden gotten shy. Very strange. And then she felt all kinds of conspicuous, and did turn a pretty decent red.

As Booth realized what he was doing, he made sure she had hold of the package, gave her a weak smile, then turned to walk out. At the door he stopped and turned, "See you around, Santana Rose."

”Huh. That was just a little unusual. Wonder what the deal is with him?” she wondered to herself.

And that was the last he'd seen her until just now in the parking lot. She was walking with another agent, Special Agent Joseph Tirelli. Booth had never thought about him one way or the other, but right then he didn't like him so much. And it was with that little twinge of jealousy? that he thought of Temperance Brennan, his partner, Bones. It was almost a nostalgic feeling.

He felt confused, almost a little dizzy even. He looked back across the parking lot as the agents were climbing into Tirelli's car. Bones flashed in his mind again. It was then, right then that he started to realize something. He realized that maybe, maybe they really were just partners after all. Maybe, even if they would have, could have been more, that they'd held onto 'partners' just a little too long to have it ever be anything else.

He reached back in the SUV for the file box he'd left in the backseat, then slammed the door again and headed for the building, and glanced up as Tirelli's car passed him by on the way out of the lot.

---

So? Stupid? Thought provoking? Could happen something like that? Just a heap of rubbish? Razz Razz I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

A Crossroads? Empty Re: A Crossroads?

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Nooo...it's not too late. *cries*

LOL, that was a good job though. Interesting take. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 pm

That was brilliant Sherry, that's what I'm talking about! They keep pushing this line that they're just partners and friends and guess what, that's all they'll ever be. Before you know it the moment will pass for Booth, and then maybe when Brennan gets around to making her move and instead of Booth reciprocating she gets the, "I made my peace with us being what we are a long time ago, and I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to be more than that now, maybe ever." End of story. Sad, sad end of story.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:32 pm

I was all ready to have to duck and cover! It just seemed to go along with some of the venting aimed at HH this last little while. That window of opportunity is only so big, and once it's closed I'm afraid it might stay closed. Besides, who knows what that ethereal little something is that catches your fancy and draws you off in another direction, especially when there's nothing tying you down.

Thanks, MG! Thanks, Robert!

I appreciate the feedback. If anyone wants to add onto this story in any way, feel free. I'm kind of curious about what could happen from here, but that's really all that's there in my mind.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:04 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I was all ready to have to duck and cover! It just seemed to go along with some of the venting aimed at HH this last little while. That window of opportunity is only so big, and once it's closed I'm afraid it might stay closed. Besides, who knows what that ethereal little something is that catches your fancy and draws you off in another direction, especially when there's nothing tying you down.
Exactly. There's a reason some of us push for more, not always sex but more intimacy, more touching, a real kiss, it's because you can only have this thing between them for so long before you run the risk of it turning on itself, or worse, dying out altogether. Even if it doesn't, he's human, and so's she. He's been celibate for two freakin' years now, he gets excited when the wind blows for cryin' out loud, someday he's going to stop worrying about what she'll think and ask someone like Rose out for lunch and eventually she'll find out she's missed her shot when she drops by his place and catches them playing naked twister!

I appreciate the feedback. If anyone wants to add onto this story in any way, feel free. I'm kind of curious about what could happen from here, but that's really all that's there in my mind.
Oh now you're outright tempting me. I love what you've done with this and you know I'm itching to extend it, but I've got what, four different fics in work right now? I really need a fifth?

Ugh. I know I'm gonna do it too. Just shoot me now. Life was easier with writer's block.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:24 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I was all ready to have to duck and cover! It just seemed to go along with some of the venting aimed at HH this last little while. That window of opportunity is only so big, and once it's closed I'm afraid it might stay closed. Besides, who knows what that ethereal little something is that catches your fancy and draws you off in another direction, especially when there's nothing tying you down.
Exactly. There's a reason some of us push for more, not always sex but more intimacy, more touching, a real kiss, it's because you can only have this thing between them for so long before you run the risk of it turning on itself, or worse, dying out altogether. Even if it doesn't, he's human, and so's she. He's been celibate for two freakin' years now, he gets excited when the wind blows for cryin' out loud, someday he's going to stop worrying about what she'll think and ask someone like Rose out for lunch and eventually she'll find out she's missed her shot when she drops by his place and catches them playing naked twister!

Oh now you're outright tempting me. I love what you've done with this and you know I'm itching to extend it, but I've got what, four different fics in work right now? I really need a fifth?

Ugh. I know I'm gonna do it too. Just shoot me now. Life was easier with writer's block.

king RM
... gets excited when the wind blows - LOL, that's a great line!

What's wrong with a community fic? We've all been pissing and moaning about it for a good while now. Give it a whirl! Just don't take it too seriously. We can all just pitch in, but it will be more gratifying than "3 words at a time!"

I think it'd be kind of fun!

... and all shooting requests are taken very seriously, so if you're gonna run, take off now because

Bang!

Bang!

B ' Tang!

Dang! He got away! And I thought I had him too!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:32 pm

DBCrazy wrote:... gets excited when the wind blows - LOL, that's a great line!
Hey, you know me, I'm just full of 'em...well gf says I'm full of something anyway.

What's wrong with a community fic? We've all been pissing and moaning about it for a good while now. Give it a whirl! Just don't take it too seriously. We can all just pitch in, but it will be more gratifying than "3 words at a time!"

I think it'd be kind of fun!
I think it's effin' genius. I really do. We should do it, I really think we should.

... and all shooting requests are taken very seriously, so if you're gonna run, take off now because

Bang!

Bang!

B ' Tang!

Dang! He got away! And I thought I had him too!!
See, the key here is to run [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Peter Falk taught me that.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:41 am

A community fic might be fun actually. I mean unless someone wants to tackle it as a project.

I've been thinking about that though, about the whole "You don't know what you have until you lose it." type of thing and I'm finding myself so desperately hoping they DON'T go that route with Booth and Brennan. (Okay, I just read that and I sound dramatic, but whatever. Rolling Eyes )...I just want...something. Booth being like "Okay, yeah, I love you. I know you don't necessarily believe in that, but I do." or something much more Booth-like. Otherwise, the window will close. And I like open windows.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:A community fic might be fun actually. I mean unless someone wants to tackle it as a project.

I've been thinking about that though, about the whole "You don't know what you have until you lose it." type of thing and I'm finding myself so desperately hoping they DON'T go that route with Booth and Brennan. (Okay, I just read that and I sound dramatic, but whatever. Rolling Eyes )...I just want...something. Booth being like "Okay, yeah, I love you. I know you don't necessarily believe in that, but I do." or something much more Booth-like. Otherwise, the window will close. And I like open windows.
That's my biggest fear for the show, that they'll reach a point where they're great friends and nothing else. That's not to say the spark can't be rekindled, but it's harder to start a fire the second time around.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm not even beginning to suggest that I don't want Brennan and Booth to end up together, because I really, really do! I was just exploring the possibility of them not ever acting on their desire, and what could possibly happen because of it.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:35 pm

At this point it shouldn't even be an effort really, just a little bit of a transition. Almost everyone thinks they're together anyway so it's not like they'd have to go around telling everybody.

I don't want some bittersweet, "It would have been nice." or "Have you ever thought about us?" type of situation. The sad part is that the closest one of them has come to a serious relationship was Brennan with Sully. I'm so afraid they'll do something like that, give Booth a girlfriend or something and make it actually start to get a little serious. Have Brennan see what it's like being on the outside. I don't want that, but it's what I'm afraid of.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum