Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm yours...

5 posters

Go down

I'm yours... Empty I'm yours...

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 am

When Brennan's boyfriend breaks up with her, whose the one that comes to her side? Will it open up new doors? Or could it be the one thing that could rip this team apart?

I couldn't hear much over the sounds of my tears coming down like a waterfall, but I was able to catch the faded sound of a knock, but I didn't answer, that didn't stop my visitor from intruding, "Bones? Are you okay?" Booth said lifting me up so he could sit down, laying my shaking body on his lap.

"He broke up with me." I had been dating an author that I met at a writers retreat in Hawaii. We'd been together for a year and I thought everything was going well until he called me this morning to call things off.

Booth ran his fingers through my hair, lulling me to calm down, "He didn't deserve you Bones."

"I'm going to die alone."

"You will not die alone."

I looked up at him, my eyes were a puffy shade of pink and my skin was stained with my salty tears, "I'm 32 years old, and I'm still not married."

"I'm 37, and I'm not married. And you will get married, because there is someone out there for everyone."

"You've said that already and I thought he was the one, why would he do this?"

"Because he's a jerk."

"Booth, I just don't want to die alone."

Booth's hand ran up and down my arm, my crying had subdued to heavy breathing, "You won't die alone, Bones. You're too beautiful to be alone."

"I'm not beautiful, Booth."

Booth's hand came up to cup my face, "Yes you are, Bones. I would know I look at it everyday."

"Than maybe it's more than my looks, Booth."

"You are the smartest person I know, Bones. It might not be what some guys appreciate but I appreciate it. Listen, why don't we go out."

"Like a date? Booth I don't think thats--"

Booths finger pressed hard against my lips, "Not a date, Bones. I don't need to get to know you. I already know you. I meant as my girlfriend."

I shook my head, "You said it yourself Booth, we can't have relationships in a workplace. You said we can't cross that line."

"That line doesn't exist Bones, it's my line, and I say we can cross it."

"Booth, we can't. I just. I can't, Booth."

He looked at me, "Why not, Bones? Am I not worth it."

"You are, it's just." I knew what I wanted to say, but I knew if I said it it would only confirm that I wanted this just as much as he did, but I was the one who would break at the seams if something happened to us.

"What Bones?" He said his forefinger drew circles around my temple.

"I don't think I can handle losing you. Dating opens up new doors, new feelings, what if I'm your perfect partner in crime, but I suck as your partner in life?"

"You can't. I already know this, Bones. You're my Bones and I love you."

I sat up, looking at him, "You what?"

Booth sighed, "I love you Bones. I don't know how long I've known this. Since long before oh whats-his-face came around. I watched him as he got to be with you. Every night, I knew he was laying beside you his arm coiled over your body as you slept in peace. And I clutched my pillow wishing it was you I was holding."

"You were jealous of Jeremy?"

"Jeremy, Sully, Those other guys, every time you get a new boyfriend, I wait for you to finally call my number. I can't wait patiently and silently anymore Bones. I can't watch you violently cry like this every time someone breaks up with you. I would never make you cry like this. I can't fathom even thinking of hurting you like this. Just please, call my number."

My heart raced in my chest as I heard him speaking, "What's your number?"

Booth smiled, "55"

"Can I help number 55?" And Booth smiled leaning forward to kiss me, my arms wrapped around his neck as we both fell into the couch cushions.

there will be more, I kinda rushed this because we are about to board in like 5 minutes so I rushed it, but let me know what you think.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

I'm yours... Empty Re: I'm yours...

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 am

Ella, this is nice. I'm glad that Booth finally decided to man up about his feelings for Brennan. And the "Can I help number 55?" was a delightful way to get things started for them! Waiting to read more!! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:59 am

That was amazingly fluffy and light, I loved it. Booth is always going to be the one to pick up the peices of Brennan's heart and I'd enjoy a scene in the show where she has a break-up like that and finally realizes what she has in him. A sweet, sweet story El, you should think about continuing it. (I love my fluff, what can I say.)

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:54 pm

"Hey are you awake?" I heard him whisper into my ear and his arm snake over my warm body.

I smiled, but didn't open my eyes, "Yeah" I whispered back.

When he pulled me into him, I opened my eyes, "Hi." I said.

He smiled until I spoke, when his face pinched and his nose crinkled, "Ooh, no one told me you had a bad case of morning breath."

I laughed, "Shut up." I snaked out from his grasp and stood up, "I'll brush. Don't go anywhere."

"It's my apartment Bones, I have nowhere to go."

I stopped short of the bathroom door and turned to look at him, "Last night was amazing."

He smiled, "Yeah? Can I ask you something?"

By now I had made it to the sink and turned on the water, squeezing the minty paste onto my toothbrush that Booth bought just to keep at his place (We did the same for my place) I poked my head out, "Shoot."

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how good was I?"

His question was odd, not many guys asked their sexual performance level on a scale of 1 to 10 the next morning, but then again this was Booth, "MMM, I'll give you a solid 9.5"

He frowned, "9.5? So on a scale of one to ten how good was Sully."

Now I spit the foam into the sink and began to wash my brush, turning off the light, I went back into his bed, "Not a 9.5" I said shaking my head remembering back to the many, MANY nights we'd had sex together.

"Better or worse?"

"Not worse, different. I'd say an 8."

Booth smiled, satisfied that he had scored higher than Sully on his sexual performance level, and I shook my head, "It doesn't matter how good the sex with Sully was. He's gone, long gone, and you were there when I needed you. Sex with you isn't just the physicality."

"So you admit sex isn't just a biological urge?"

I looked at him through squinted eyes, "No, you taught me that."

"So you do listen to me when I speak."

"Of course I listen, Booth. I respect what you have to say, just not always do I agree with you."

"But you agree with me on this one?"

"A wise man once said, that making love is when two people become close. I didn't get it then, But now i do. I know exactly what that wise man was saying." I said leaning up to kiss him.

"SO that wasn't just sex?"

"No." I said, "If we need to replay it for further clarifications, we can."

Booth smiled, "I wish I could say that I want that more than anything, but works a-callin' and we are going to be late, and people are going to talk."

"They already are." I said pulling my tank top over my torso, "Angela asked me whats been going on between us. She says our aura has changed."

"So tell her." He said buttoning his dress pants, grabbing the cocky belt buckle off the night stand.

"No, we can't. Not yet."

"Why?"

"Because, I want to make sure this is for real."

Booth looked at me his white dress shirt unbutton showing off his smooth glorious abdominals that I had just lavished in sweet kisses not 12 hours ago, "What do you mean?"

Instantly, I knew I had said something wrong, "No, Booth, I didn't mean that. I just want to make sure my heart won't break again."

"I told you I'm not out to hurt you, Bones. I can't do that to you."

"I know, Booth. I just want so badly for this to be perfect. If I lose you, I'd might as well die, you are the peanut butter to my jelly."

Booth laughed, "Where'd you hear that?"

"I don't know, Angela said that about Hodgins."

Booth smiled and came up and wrapped his arms around me, "Well you're the macaroni to my cheese, and I love cheese."

I turned around to see him smiling at me, when our eyes locked I felt my stomach ping and I knew something here was different, "And i love peanut butter." I said.

Want more? Let me know! Comments keep my writing juices flowing... Rob DON'T even think about that....
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:08 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:Want more? Let me know! Comments keep my writing juices flowing... Rob DON'T even think about that....
How can you do that to me? How can you give me the perfect set up and then just snatch it away like that? Oh you are a cruel mistress El, cruel indeed. Rolling Eyes

Okay, without going there let me comment on the second installment - loved it, again light and fluffy, and I totally see Booth's insecurity with Brennan and his sexual performance. This is the most important relationship he's ever been in and Sully was the one person who's dated Brennan that is most like him, so of course he'd be worried about how he stacked up against 'Peanut'. Also liked the part about Brennan still being unsure of her own feelings - she's been hurt before, but Booth has always been there to pick up the pieces of her broken heart - if this fails who'll be there for her this time? Loved it El, keep it coming (oh, and don't you start with me missy, not if I can't).

king RM

Now that was a very thorough and on topic review, I hope it's got those juices flowing, in fact I'd like to think I got you a little... Oh like I'm going to write the next word. Don't think so, not this time.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 pm

you know at some point we're going to have to take it to the
Pm for the safety of the children. But my juices are flowing, thanks, I'm trying to show that both of them despite how tough they are on the outside are scared to death that the wrecking ball will strike at any moment. A wrecking ball that just may be waiting in the wings for it's cue to strike.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:24 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:you know at some point we're going to have to take it to the Pm for the safety of the children. But my juices are flowing, thanks, I'm trying to show that both of them despite how tough they are on the outside are scared to death that the wrecking ball will strike at any moment. A wrecking ball that just may be waiting in the wings for it's cue to strike.
Number one, point taken. I get where you're coming from, I really do. I've always felt that exact undercurrent between them and reflected that in some of my writing. It's like the one thing that keeps them from committing to one another is the fact that this would never be just another relationship, it would always be the one relationship that could either make them or break them forever. Booth and Brennan aren't just partners, they're best friends, and should they become lovers and something happens to cause them to sever that relationship what do they lose? At least two relationships, maybe all three. For two people that don't exactly have an over abundance of friends to begin with the prospect of losing the three closest people in your life (partner, friend, lover) if something goes wrong is enough to make you move slowly. I think you're doing a lovely job of portraying that here.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:33 pm

why thank you and your insight is really helpful too. It helps me to make sure I get all the sides and perspectives. It's my journalist side talking. Very Happy I think I might have time to write one more section before bed.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Nice going, El! It's all very real and very natural. I'll check back later to see if you do get another post up later on.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm

"I don't know Angela, All of this happened so fast, am I doing the right thing?" I pulled my knees up to my chest hugging on of the throw pillows from the couch in office, my best friend, a mirror image, sat across from me.

"I've been all about you and Booth since the beginning, sweetie. He's a great guy."

"I know that Ang, I'm just worried about this. I've never been worried about something like this before."

"what's got you feeling like this?"

I looked at her, "I don't know Angela." I knew, but i was having a tough time bringing the words to my lips, "I think he could be the one."

"The one, one?"

I nodded, "I think he could it."

Angela smiled, "Sweetie, I've known this, I'm glad you've finally caught up with the train."

"No, Angela, this is bad."

"Why is this bad?"

"Because he said it himself, you can't have relationships in the workplace, It causes bad things to happen, and I can't bare for anything bad to happen to us. I think I need him."

"Oh sweetie," Angela crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around me, "You have to trust in him, you know he'll never hurt you."

"Thats what he said, but I don't know. I just can't help thinking about what happened to Cam. I'm sure there's several criminals out there who would love to take us down. I can't lose him, Angela."

"You won't lose him, Sweetie. Has he ever let you down before?"

"No, but that was before we started dating."

Angela looked at me, "It's a new relationship, sweetie, you know this man like the back of your hand, but all of this, lelts face it, you're not exactly Einstein when it comes to dating, but I know Booth, and he won't let anything happen to you."

"It's not me I'm worried about. It's him I'm worried about. When he's not here I'm worried that he's lying in a ditch somewhere and I'm not there to comfort him. That the nest set of remains that come through those doors will be his. It was hard to identify my mother, it will be even harder to identify him."

"You can't think about that, Bren. He won't let anything like that happen, he knows how much you need him. He knows how much he needs you."

"You weren't exactly my first choice person to talk to about this, but you're the closest person I know who will have something real to say on the matter." Booth said as he hung over the side of Hodgins work area, watching the entomologist dissect a fruit fly under a microscope.

"The alpha-male of love and relationships is asking me for advice?"

"This isn't just any woman, Jack. This is Bones. My Bones. I can't lose her."

"What do you want to know?"

"It's not what I want to know. I just want to know that she's it. The one. The woman I want to be holding my hand when we purchase our first house, the woman giving me my children, the woman I want to grow old with, the woman I want to lay beside when I am dying. I want to know that she's feeling the same thing."

Hodgins looked up for the first time at the FBI Agent, "What exactly do you need from me?"

"You're not helping."

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what you want from me."

"Forget it. I gotta find Bones."

"So you can confess your heart?" But Booth was already gone.

"Hey Bones?" Booth said poking his head into my office.

I looked up from my computer, suddenly feeling a sickening tightness pull in my stomach, I was nervous, why was I nervous? "Hey." I said shaking the feeling.

"Do you got a minute?"

I looked at my monitor and closed out the window I had opened, "Yeah, whats up? Did something come up in the case?"

Booth sat at one of the chairs on the other side of my desk, "No. I just I want to know how you're feeling. About us?"

I looked out my office door, "Not here, Booth. Unless you have something about the case, I really have to get back to work." I stood up and Booth did the same, but as I tried to leave, I felt his strong arm pull me back into his chest, I looked up into his eyes, "Seriously Booth, let me go." I said pulling out from his grasp even though he gave into my request. I looked at him one last time before exiting my office.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Not a cliffhanger!! No!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:31 pm

It's not a cliffie, she's just scared.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:45 am

Uh......so what happens next? U can't leave it there

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 am

Just found this--I like! Please, you have to finish it!

"It's not me I'm worried about. It's him I'm worried about. When he's not here I'm worried that he's lying in a ditch somewhere and I'm not there to comfort him. That the nest set of remains that come through those doors will be his. It was hard to identify my mother, it will be even harder to identify him."
I read Rob's comments about the three relationships and that's important, too. But the fear of seeing him come in on the lab table (or for him to find her dead body somewhere--it would be an equal fear)--that's something really scary once you've started the relationship. She wasn't expecting her mother, though she probably knew it was a possibility. But now she knows how it would feel, and it's magnified because it's Booth, for cryin' out loud. And the chances of seeing his remains like that are higher if he disappeared because of the natures of their jobs. If that makes any sense!

queen
And if this went to PMs for the adults, any chance I can get in on the action?
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum