Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

+8
bcriet
RGPageantqueen
DBCrazy
Turi ray of sunshine
THX1138
MoonlightGardenias
HalsGal
willgirl
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere Empty Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:05 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere Empty Re: Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

Post by HalsGal Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:09 am

Emily needs to borrow Zooey's dress. It would look better on her. IMO

HalsGal

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere Empty Re: Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:11 am

Zooey's dress is really pretty. Smile

When is it being released anyway? I've yet to see any trailers or promos or anything.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 am

I agree Z's dress would look stunning on Em, especially since she's a bit bigger in the bustline - the dress would hang on her like it was meant for her. Still what I love about this pic is Em's wearing a beautiful dress! cheers

It's almost perfect, the color (basic black is a classic for a reason), the length, the fit, the neckline (okay so she went bateau without the drop back but still bateau is very flattering for her especially with her hair up like that). They both look simply stunning, although you can tell that Em's the older sister - it's not an age thing, she just has that older sister vibe standing next to Z.

RM

I do declare I might have the vapors...or at the very least some interesting dreams about a Z and E sammich now.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:30 am

THX1138 wrote:I agree Z's dress would look stunning on Em, especially since she's a bit bigger in the bustline - the dress would hang on her like it was meant for her. Still what I love about this pic is Em's wearing a beautiful dress! cheers

It's almost perfect, the color (basic black is a classic for a reason), the length, the fit, the neckline (okay so she went bateau without the drop back but still bateau is very flattering for her especially with her hair up like that). They both look simply stunning, although you can tell that Em's the older sister - it's not an age thing, she just has that older sister vibe standing next to Z.

RM

I do declare I might have the vapors...or at the very least some interesting dreams about a Z and E sammich now.

thanks for the insight into your twisted male mind Bobby Boo!! Razz Razz Razz Razz

I LOVE that shade of BLUE on Zoey AND she is a bit tan so it plays off her skin tone do you all think that maybe the back of Emily's dress was a bit lower than the neckline? still it fits her wonderfully and it shows of her legs!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:39 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:
THX1138 wrote:I agree Z's dress would look stunning on Em, especially since she's a bit bigger in the bustline - the dress would hang on her like it was meant for her. Still what I love about this pic is Em's wearing a beautiful dress! cheers

RM

thanks for the insight into your twisted male mind Bobby Boo!! Razz Razz Razz Razz
Anytime Turi, though I gotta say it's not like there's an untwisted male mind out there somewhere. Laughing

I LOVE that shade of BLUE on Zoey AND she is a bit tan so it plays off her skin tone do you all think that maybe the back of Emily's dress was a bit lower than the neckline? still it fits her wonderfully and it shows of her legs!
I think the blue works for Z, but I'm not loving the neckline for her - it plunges a bit too much, IMO.

Re: Em's dress. It looks like a classic bateau neck so the back and front are roughly symetrical, meaning it doesn't dip any lower than the front. I wish it would though. In fact if they widened the neck by an inch in either direction then did a drop-back scoop and removed the vestigial sleeves it'd be one sexy number.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 am

THX, you start talking like that and I think you're one of those aliens off Star Trek or Star Wars or something! alien

I love Zooey's dress, but what I noticed most of all when I looked at the pic was how much different she looks with bangs. She almost looks more like Emily than she looks like Zooey!! scratch

Last edited by DBCrazy on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bangs stuff)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 am

DBCrazy wrote:THX, you start talking like that and I think you're one of those aliens off Star Trek or Star Wars or something! alien
Trust me I know what you mean. I know entirely too much about women's fashion. In fact I'm feeling the need to butch up, so I think I'll get out my beer hat, grab my favorite graphic novel, and pop in a copy of GGW Island Adventures to see if I can spot the future ex-mrs THX.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 am

Uh.... Again with a horrible dress. I mean really i you're going to wear black, get a tan. Not that she isn't pretty with her fair skin, it just REALLY sticks out in a short black dress. I think something without sleeves would be good. Like a strapless or a thin strap, or even a one strap.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Uh.... Again with a horrible dress. I mean really i you're going to wear black, get a tan. Not that she isn't pretty with her fair skin, it just REALLY sticks out in a short black dress. I think something without sleeves would be good. Like a strapless or a thin strap, or even a one strap.
Oh I'm crushed now El, we so disagree on this one. Firts it's not a horrible dress, it's fitted, it's the right length, and black looks good on her - the blue would have been better, yes, but black is classic. Now we agree on the sleeves and I agree that a thin strap (not a one strap, at least not with a cocktail dress) would look ideal, but the dress is far from horrible. I don't for a second feel like asking her if she got it at TJ Maxx, that's the mark of a horrible dress.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:37 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:THX, you start talking like that and I think you're one of those aliens off Star Trek or Star Wars or something! alien
Trust me I know what you mean. I know entirely too much about women's fashion. In fact I'm feeling the need to butch up, so I think I'll get out my beer hat, grab my favorite graphic novel, and pop in a copy of GGW Island Adventures to see if I can spot the future ex-mrs THX.

RM

Thought I'd let you know you've got another 10¢ in your Google royalty check this month, courtesy of yours truly.

First nickel ...
Why I couldn't figure out "GGW" from the context of your post is beyond me. I'm slipping!

Second nickel ...
Definitions for "butch up" ...
1. markedly or aggressively masculine.
2. a lesbian who is noticeably masculine.
3. a strong rugged man.
I only thought the lesbian masculinity usage would have been correct so I wondered, but you're usage is correct. (Which is it though? Markedly or aggressively masculine - or - a strong rugged man?)

I could keep going believe me, but I'd hate to keep you from your bathtime with your li'l rubber duckie!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

Thought I'd let you know you've got another 10¢ in your Google royalty check this month, courtesy of yours truly.
times are tough and every penny helps, thanks!

First nickel ...
Why I couldn't figure out "GGW" from the context of your post is beyond me. I'm slipping!
heh, we could just chalk that up to you being innocent but I've read your smut fic so we both know that's not the case! Laughing

Second nickel ...
Definitions for "butch up" ...
1. markedly or aggressively masculine.
2. a lesbian who is noticeably masculine.
3. a strong rugged man.
I only thought the lesbian masculinity usage would have been correct so I wondered, but you're usage is correct. (Which is it though? Markedly or aggressively masculine - or - a strong rugged man?)
First I'm shocked, shocked I say, that you would have any doubts as to my verbal sagacity, but I guess it's understandable since the term has become more commonly associated with sapphists over the years (and though one could make the case that I'm just a lesbian in a man's body, one won't). I definitely meant #1, since the intent is to become or be perceived as markedly masculine. #3 is, IMO, more literally accurate since I am a strong rugged man. Oh poot, I chipped a nail...

I could keep going believe me, but I'd hate to keep you from your bathtime with your li'l rubber duckie!
Hey now, leave mr quackers out of this!

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

FOMCLMAO! Razz

Still LMAO! Razz

I gotta confess that I handed you that one, and you didn't fail me!! Now I'm off to dictionary.com to look up a couple words. I forget, do you make anything off referrals to them too?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 am

DBCrazy wrote:FOMCLMAO! Razz

Still LMAO! Razz

I gotta confess that I handed you that one, and you didn't fail me!! Now I'm off to dictionary.com to look up a couple words. I forget, do you make anything off referrals to them too?
How could I resist? It was like setting up a t-ball for Mark McGwire and asking him not to jack it out of the park. Oh, and before I forget: Dictionary.com, Google, and Wikipedia - 5¢ per referal.

Of course you could avoid all that and just give me the six little words I long to hear chère. Any clue as to what those might be?

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:34 am

THX1138 wrote:

Still LMAO! Razz

How could I resist? It was like setting up a t-ball for Mark McGwire and asking him not to jack it out of the park. Oh, and before I forget: Dictionary.com, Google, and Wikipedia - 5¢ per referal.

Of course you could avoid all that and just give me the six little words I long to hear chère. Any clue as to what those might be?

RM

Hmmmm. Think! Think! Got me all flustered with the mushy "chère" speak!

Dang it, I'm failing here!

:?: :?: No! I don't know what six little words you want to hear! I'm a failure! You knock it out of the park and I fail!

Dang it!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

Still LMAO! Razz

RM

:?: :?: No! I don't know what six little words you want to hear! I'm a failure! You knock it out of the park and I fail!

Dang it!!
*shakes head sadly* What can I say chère, mais c'est la vie - that's life. I'm in a cajun frame of mind tonight anticipating tomorrow, I'm making my famous jambalaya and plannin' on cookin' up a pile of grattons, gf brought home a mess of mudbugs for a boil, and my buddy done got in a couple of cases of Pearl an' we gonna have us a time.

RM

Oh, and the six little words: I don't know what that means.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:02 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

Still LMAO! Razz

RM

Dang it!!
*shakes head sadly* What can I say chère, mais c'est la vie - that's life. I'm in a cajun frame of mind tonight anticipating tomorrow, I'm making my famous jambalaya and plannin' on cookin' up a pile of grattons, gf brought home a mess of mudbugs for a boil, and my buddy done got in a couple of cases of Pearl an' we gonna have us a time.

RM

Oh, now I'm heartbroken! To fail so utterly and miserably!

And I just thought how I could have put that in my story! LOL! LOL! I can't stop laughing!

My bubba makes Lake Charles his home lo these past 30 years! Cajun is good food! Just last night we had Zatarain's jambalaya! You need to be sure to thank your gf properly for those mudbugs. Bon appetit! (< I don't have those fancy doodads on my computer!!)

Now I'm going to look up grattons, and Pearl!

Last edited by DBCrazy on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:What can I say chère, mais c'est la vie - that's life. I'm in a cajun frame of mind tonight anticipating tomorrow, I'm making my famous jambalaya and plannin' on cookin' up a pile of grattons, gf brought home a mess of mudbugs for a boil, and my buddy done got in a couple of cases of Pearl an' we gonna have us a time.

RM

Oh, now I'm heartbroken! To fail so utterly and miserably!

And I just thought how I could have put that in my story! LOL! LOL! I can't stop laughing!
Hehe, that's what really got me, I couldn't believe you didn't know the six words!

My bubba makes Lake Charles his home lo these past 30 years! Cajun is good food! Just last night we had Zatarain's jambalaya! You need to be sure to thank your gf properly for those mudbugs. Bon appetit! (< I don't have those fancy doodads on my computer!!)
I love me some cajun food, and de' creole be mighty fine too. I'll probably reserve some bugs for crawfish étouffée (not my fav but the gf deserves a treat and she loves it), but my Jambalaya is my pride. I use andouille, duck, and crawfish, and sometimes lapin if it's in season, and then most folks say you use either okra or a roux, I use both. I use okra at the start and then about 45 min to an hour before we're ready to eat I start on a brown roux and toss that in about 15 minutes before we serve. It adds a lagniappe, a little something extra.

Top that off with my bread pudding with hard sauce and it's a good time.

Now I'm going to look up grattons, and Pearl!
AH, grattons are pork cracklins, best when eaten fresh and served with a dash of hot sauce, and Pearl is Pearl Beer - used to be a major label beer back in the day, now you can only get it in Texas, western Arkansas and Oklahoma. My buddy got six cases in Texarkana and he's bringing three tomorrow. Gonna be a party.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Mmmmmmmmmm you guys are making my hungry Smile you need to send me the recipe of this wonderful Jambalaya you make, I have yet to find one that is full of flavor and can't get enough of. Smile

Bread pudding mmmmmm do I need to say anything more.

Zooey and Emily look wonderful Smile go Em, work it girl cheers
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Yep B, he's making me hungry too!

Robert, you certainly must have some mad culinary skills, and a pretty good cajun accent too! How's about a little Justin Wilson to get this party started!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

BTW, I found grattons, but in the way of Pearl all I found was vodka and I thought that was a little hard for jambalaya (not to mention Russian!)

I can never get one of these videos to embed!

Last edited by DBCrazy on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grattons, Pearl)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Back on topic Razz
I really like Zooey's dress....very pretty Smile
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Busted!

Okay, Indie, I'll try. It's just that in these fashion threads I ... Rolling Eyes No scratch confused
(Robert, is this an appropriate place to say ... I don't even know what that means?)

*clears throat* Okay, here goes ...
"So, can anyone tell what material Zooey's dress is made of? It hangs too poofy for rayon, but it's much prettier than any polyester I've ever owned."

(Any better? ) bounce

No! Sad Okay, I'll go away now... bye guys!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:35 am

DBCrazy wrote:Busted!

Okay, Indie, I'll try. It's just that in these fashion threads I ... Rolling Eyes No scratch confused
(Robert, is this an appropriate place to say ... I don't even know what that means?)
Perfect! You stuck the landing! Even the Russian judge gave you a 5.9, so no worries.

*clears throat* Okay, here goes ...
"So, can anyone tell what material Zooey's dress is made of? It hangs too poofy for rayon, but it's much prettier than any polyester I've ever owned."

(Any better? ) bounce

No! Sad Okay, I'll go away now... bye guys!
Not bad really. Looking at the lustre of the material I'd say it's probably silk or a silk blend.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 am

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:Uh.... Again with a horrible dress. I mean really i you're going to wear black, get a tan. Not that she isn't pretty with her fair skin, it just REALLY sticks out in a short black dress. I think something without sleeves would be good. Like a strapless or a thin strap, or even a one strap.
Oh I'm crushed now El, we so disagree on this one. Firts it's not a horrible dress, it's fitted, it's the right length, and black looks good on her - the blue would have been better, yes, but black is classic. Now we agree on the sleeves and I agree that a thin strap (not a one strap, at least not with a cocktail dress) would look ideal, but the dress is far from horrible. I don't for a second feel like asking her if she got it at TJ Maxx, that's the mark of a horrible dress.

RM

TJ Maxx sometimes has good dresses... I mean granted they have a slew of horrid dresses that should be burned not worn, But i've gotten a few dresses from there or Ross that were really cute... It's all about being cheap. Cheap, and cute. Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:17 am

Emily..and especially Zoey, could stand there in bib overalls and straw hats, chewing on grass stalks, and they'd both be heavenly sexy.
I know, I know, I have NO fashion sense at all, and will now leave this conversation with my two cents thrown in, and your boot prints in my ass. Carry on. Laughing
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum