Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kirsten spolier

+8
ReginaPhalange
TinkonBrink
Lo
HeyHey
moonlightbones
THX1138
dawnsfire
Zeddie
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Kirsten spolier Empty New Kirsten spolier

Post by Zeddie Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:31 am

Emily Deschanel Says a Bones-Booth Pregnancy Unlikely Next Season

We was robbed.

Not only did Bones and Booth not have baby-making sex on Bones last season, they probably aren't going to creating a li'l Brennan anytime soon. Bones star Emily Deschanel says it's unlikely her character will become pregnant in the upcoming season.

"There are complications along the way of [Temperance and Booth] discussing having children," Emily explained during an appearance at the 49th Annual Monte Carlo Television Festival in Monaco. "I think it's very possible she will be pregnant in the future, but I don't think its going to happen right away. I think she has some growing to do.

"Everyone is aware that once you get the two characters together you lose that glue that holds the show together, which is that sexual tension," she said. "I think they are being very careful about how to move forward without destroying that tension."

Emily also revealed part of season five's guest-star lineup, which includes a very famous lady rock star…

Apparently performer Cyndi Lauper will be stopping by next year. Emily said: "I don't think [Cyndi] will be playing herself, but I'm not sure what role she'll play. They're debating it now. I sang 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' in one episode. She saw it and was interested in being in the show. She was an idol from when I was a child, so I will probably be beside myself that day."

Stephen Fry will also be back, and it's still true that Emily's sis Zooey Deschanel may stop by the Bones set one of these days. (FYI, Emily's cinematographer father, Caleb Deschanel, has directed a Bones episode, and her mother, Mary Jo Deschanel, an actress, guested on House last season as Kutner's mourning mother.)

Emily said of the possible sister act: "[Zooey] is interested in being on the show, and I know [Bones executive producer] Hart Hanson would love to have her on the show. It's just a matter of finding time where she's available. It's very difficult because she's always working as an actor or touring as a musician or recording. She's very busy. So just getting the time together to get her to work on Bones has been difficult, but hopefully by the end we will have her on the show."

Have you dreamed up any good roles for Zooey and Cyndi Lauper to play if and when they are signed on for guest gigs? And how are you feeling about Bones right now after the switcheroo finale?

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
New Kirsten spolier 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

New Kirsten spolier Empty Re: New Kirsten spolier

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Zooey could play a cousin (please, let's avoid the sibling out of nowhere soap opera special); Brennan does have those aunts she's never tracked down. One could safely assume there's a cousin or 2 in there.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Zeddie wrote:Emily Deschanel Says a Bones-Booth Pregnancy Unlikely Next Season

We was robbed.
The correct term is bent over without benefit of a reach around or even a kiss, but yeah, we was robbed.

"There are complications along the way of [Temperance and Booth] discussing having children," Emily explained during an appearance at the 49th Annual Monte Carlo Television Festival in Monaco. "I think it's very possible she will be pregnant in the future, but I don't think its going to happen right away. I think she has some growing to do.
I agree with her here, I think the manner in which they handled her wanting a child was unbelievably capricious. Now that it's out there you can't stick the genie back in the bottle, and I do see her wanting Booth's baby (not just any baby, but Booth's), but I agree with Em, Brennan has some growth before she's really ready for it.

"Everyone is aware that once you get the two characters together you lose that glue that holds the show together, which is that sexual tension," she said. "I think they are being very careful about how to move forward without destroying that tension."
Here we disagree vociferiously. It's a fallacy that Hollywood clings to, that getting a romantic duo together ruins the sexual tension - I call bullshit. I can't really be blunter than that. I love Emily, I really do, but here she's repeating what she's been told and she's been fed a line of crap based on the handful of shows where that was done. A handful of shows, I might add, where the central character duo and their relationshio was the basis of the show - Bones started out a precedural crimedy, it remains a procedural crimedy.

Booth and Brennan may be central to the show, but it is more an ensemble show than any of it's predecessors and any collection of competent writers can structure an entire season where Booth and Brennan are together and the sexual tension is reduced (not removed) only to be replaced by other dramatic tools that keep the focus on their realtionship without negatively impacting the show overall. It would take some effort but then it's called work for a reason.

Wow, you know my migraine is feeling better (thank you Vicodin) but my temperment hasn't really improved. Huh, go figure.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:11 am

Ditto what RM just said.
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:02 am

Double ditto for me too.

If I hear this line one more time : "Everyone is aware that once you get the two characters together you lose that glue that holds the show together, which is that sexual tension," she said. "I think they are being very careful about how to move forward without destroying that tension."
... I will actually scream so hard that you will hear me all the way in the USA.

DB is on one of 'our' shows next week, I think. The potential for you hearing me yell is extremely high.

I also never want to hear the phrase 'done in a very clever and interesting way' ever again.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:08 am

HeyLJ wrote:Double ditto for me too.

If I hear this line one more time : "Everyone is aware that once you get the two characters together you lose that glue that holds the show together, which is that sexual tension," she said. "I think they are being very careful about how to move forward without destroying that tension."
... I will actually scream so hard that you will hear me all the way in the USA.

DB is on one of 'our' shows next week, I think. The potential for you hearing me yell is extremely high.

I also never want to hear the phrase 'done in a very clever and interesting way' ever again.
That's only because now we know that 'done in a very clever and interesting way' is Hollywood Doublespeak for "Prepare to feel completely dissapointed, betrayed, and screwed by someone who thinks their being clever when in fact they're just being a dick."

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 am

oh boy. well, i kind of knew their wasnt going to be a baby next season. I mean we've already had a spoiler before this one telling us that their will be no B/B "hooking up" and I don't see a baby without the hooking. And their focus shouldnt be a baby when you have something else to focus on which will be post coma stuff and whatever else Hart's doing with Cynder Lauper and such.

thanks for posting anyways.

& as hart would say "i respectively disagree" about hearing the whole getting the two characters together. It's mostly true in the type of genre Bones is in. It can be pulled off a little easier in more comedic central shows. Don't get me wrong Bones has comedy but it's not its main focus.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:11 pm

HeyLJ wrote:DB is on one of 'our' shows next week, I think. The potential for you hearing me yell is extremely high.

Is he?
Who? Where? When? What for?
*Tink listens patiently for the yell from Bristol...Maybe if I put a glass to the outside wall...hmmm...??*

THX1138 wrote:
HeyLJ wrote:I also never want to hear the phrase 'done in a very clever and interesting way' ever again.

That's only because now we know that 'done in a very clever and interesting way' is Hollywood Doublespeak for "Prepare to feel completely dissapointed, betrayed, and screwed by someone who thinks their being clever when in fact they're just being a dick."

Yup. Clever = Haha! How are we going to get around IT this season?
Interesting = I know!...We'll tell them a spoiler, let them think it's NOT real. Then we'll tell them that it's NOT NOT real...Only for them to find out that...Guess What?...It wasn't real after all!...Oh, the joy! Very Happy
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30 am

*shouts loudly* Hi TInk - This Morning - June 16th. Not sure what time. I'm tuning in though. Won't be too bad as long as it's Phil and Fern. If it's Eamonn and Ruth, I might have to stick needles in my eyes.

If I knew how to tape and upload, I'd totally do that for the US people!

Actually, I lie. I'll be chasing a toddler round a village hall at that time, but I'm sky plussing it Very Happy . I wonder if itv have an online i-player type thing...

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:44 pm

*Shouts Back* Thanx HeyLJ! cheers

Checked it out, it's Phil & Fern (put the needles down!)
I'll be Sky +ing it as well! (No need to sit through the whole thing then...Daytime Telly = Turns my brain to pudding! Very Happy )
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh god, I know. I mean, I really think my brain has rotted enough from watching children's telly. There's no need to add This Morning and Jeremy Kyle to it.

(although I am worryingly partial to Coach Trip and Come Dine With Me. It's a slippery slope. Soon I'll be cheering on the randoms on Deal or No Deal... instead of shouting abuse. I'm going to make a living will, so that never happens. Just take me out and shoot me).

Jennifer Love-Hewitt was on at about 11.15, so I wonder if he will be too. Man, she is thin. Eat some food, love. *passes pie*.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 am

I think the writers aren't giving themselves enough credit if they think they can't make the storylines interesting enough for fans after allowing Booth/Brennan sex. This is a great show - I'm sure they can come up with ways to keep the magic alive, so to speak, after letting B&B do the deed.

If they need ideas, they can send me an email - I have plenty! Wink
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:14 am

ReginaPhalange wrote:I think the writers aren't giving themselves enough credit if they think they can't make the storylines interesting enough for fans after allowing Booth/Brennan sex. This is a great show - I'm sure they can come up with ways to keep the magic alive, so to speak, after letting B&B do the deed.

If they need ideas, they can send me an email - I have plenty! Wink
Me too! I swear shows could save themselves a ton of money if they just held a contest among the fic writers and picked say, the top ten fics submitted to make into scripts. Or HH could just break down and hire blc to write the next two seasons - then we'd get all the fluff, smuff, and flat out smut we'd ever want. Sure the show would have to be moved to latenight cable but it'd be so totally worth it.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:57 am

Well, I knew it wasn't going to happen, but thank goodness for no baby. I really hope that never happens.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 am

HeyLJ wrote: I'm going to make a living will, so that never happens. Just take me out and shoot me)

Jennifer Love-Hewitt was on at about 11.15, so I wonder if he will be too. Man, she is thin. Eat some food, love. *passes pie*.

Hmmm...Though coz we're English I can't shoot you...("I'm English alright? We don't use guns, we use our foreheads!")...So you might have to be headbutted to death??? Laughing

THAT was Jennifer Love-Hewitt?...I thought someone had been brushing up the dust around the studio and had left the brush proped againt the chair? (PIE? PIE? She needs more than pie! I'd say she needs a good plate of Scouse down her! Non Liverpudlian translation: Scouse = Lamb/Beef stew Very Happy Very Happy )
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:56 am

The whole "it would ruin the show" line is getting old, and fast. YES, of course there is a huge risk involved in getting them together. Yes, there is a potential chance of ratings drop. But here's the thing, too: We can't sit through a whole season's worth of 'will they or won't they?' again. How many times can they be making bedroom eyes over coffee or beers, or "accidentally" brushing up against each other while making conversation at the end before it just gets old and feels like we're stuck in a loop? There's that moment, you know? Where either you go for in and just jump in head first, or you don't. If you pick that second option, it'll never happen. There are tons of issues-group reaction, living/sleeping arrangements, working together, FBI interference, etc.-that could easily be interjected into their relationship after sex. It'd be nice to see them at least try.

As far as guest-starring goes, it'll be interesting to see how both Cyndi and Zooey's roles play out. With Zooey, I'm hoping they can find a character that fits her and is actually worth the time she'll be on rather than wallpaper or something that doesn't really fit. The cousin idea sounds interesting enough, if they're brave enough to actually take on more backstory.

Then there's the whole baby issue. While I do think it might happen eventually, we're looking at two season left here. Yes, it could be renewed after that, but I'm not going to hol my breath. Anyway, while I love the idea of BB being squeeful with their kid, you see what they face everyday. They can't exactly be toting a kid around in the backseat while they're chasing down killers. That being said, it could easily happen in the final season (if they choose to actually go there), towards the end or something.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:The whole "it would ruin the show" line is getting old, and fast. YES, of course there is a huge risk involved in getting them together. Yes, there is a potential chance of ratings drop. But here's the thing, too: We can't sit through a whole season's worth of 'will they or won't they?' again. How many times can they be making bedroom eyes over coffee or beers, or "accidentally" brushing up against each other while making conversation at the end before it just gets old and feels like we're stuck in a loop? There's that moment, you know? Where either you go for in and just jump in head first, or you don't. If you pick that second option, it'll never happen. There are tons of issues-group reaction, living/sleeping arrangements, working together, FBI interference, etc.-that could easily be interjected into their relationship after sex. It'd be nice to see them at least try.
You have perfectly encapsulated my thoughts on this whole mess we're in, and I'm afraind I'm alread there really. Honest to God I need to see some progress on someone's part now, Booth, Brennan, it doesn't matter, someone has to start making a move.

As far as guest-starring goes, it'll be interesting to see how both Cyndi and Zooey's roles play out. With Zooey, I'm hoping they can find a character that fits her and is actually worth the time she'll be on rather than wallpaper or something that doesn't really fit. The cousin idea sounds interesting enough, if they're brave enough to actually take on more backstory.
Backstory isn't an issue with these people, it's progress that seems to scare the hell out of them. (Sorry, I'll try to curb the bitter)

Then there's the whole baby issue. While I do think it might happen eventually, we're looking at two season left here. Yes, it could be renewed after that, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Anyway, while I love the idea of BB being squeeful with their kid, you see what they face everyday. They can't exactly be toting a kid around in the backseat while they're chasing down killers. That being said, it could easily happen in the final season (if they choose to actually go there), towards the end or something.
I see the baby story coming about in Season Six if, and only if, the ratings start to go flat and they're worried about the show not getting renewed. Then I think HH will go the baby arc simply because it's something Brennan wants and you know he wants to play with the dynamic between B & B having a little b.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:33 am

B & B having a little b
How cute!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:48 am

Aww...that's cute. I'm reading a oneshot series over on a friend's LJ where they're having the baby and it's a girl, but he insists on calling her Bee. (Not what they've named her, but it's the cutest thing.)...I do think there could be a case this season where maybe she thinks she could be expecting, but then finds out she's not. I know that sounds soapy and all, but just from the standpoint of that yes, she wants a baby. But more than that, the heart of the issue is that Brennan wants Booth.

As far as ratings go, shouldn't they be equally afraid of them dropping because people are getting fed up with all of this that's going on? I love the fluff endings, and while I'm pretty sure we might have some angst filled ones soon as well, I don't know if I can stand them ending that way with them dancing around each other for all of season five. Especially after the way HH and Co basically pimped the fact BB were getting together and they did all the press for it, but then--wait-no, it wasn't real. I'm sure it'll still have it's effect (Booth thinking it was real, then realizing that Brennan wrote it, and him being himself by trying to get to the bottom of why.)...It'll be an interesting season, but it's time that this train moves forward already.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 pm

RE: DB on This Morning... I'm not sure he's going to be - he's disappeared from the schedule information and he wasn't on the run-through that Phil and Fern did - unless I missed it - did I Tink?

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Apparently DB will be on This Morning this coming Tuesday. I have yet to find a linkable source though, well apart from some bloke on twitter messaging Stephen Fry! The 23rd I think...

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanx HeyLJ!
Did you watch DB this morning? Filming starts back July 9th...So does that mean that the drought of Bones spoilers will finally be coming to an end?...Dare I suggest sides soon? Suspect
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:00 pm

No, I didn't see it Tink - I'm on holiday, but I did Sky+ it (priorities!) at the last minute before we left, so I'll see if it worked when we get back. Was it good?

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Thanx HeyLJ!
Dare I suggest sides soon? Suspect

I sure as heck hope so!!! suggest away!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:50 am

HeyLJ wrote:No, I didn't see it Tink - I'm on holiday, but I did Sky+ it (priorities!) at the last minute before we left, so I'll see if it worked when we get back. Was it good?

Yeah! Phil and Fern could be on a Bones episode if DB has his way!

i_heart_bones wrote:
TinkonBrink wrote:Thanx HeyLJ!
Dare I suggest sides soon? Suspect

I sure as heck hope so!!! suggest away!!

*Whistle, whistle, whistle!* "Sides?...SIDES?...SIIII-DESSSSSS?"
*Tink expectantly looks for the sides to come a runnin'* Shocked
Ah! Bugger! Suggestion clearly isn't enough? How about begging and weeping for new sides? Yes...I know...it is demeaning I would never do anything like THAT!
*Tink is now on knees, puppy dog eyes...a solitary tear travelling down one cheek, lower lip trembles...* I want new sides!!!! Laughing Laughing
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!