Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.

+2
THX1138
smile0303
6 posters

Go down

Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here. Empty Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.

Post by smile0303 Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:51 am

I just saw the posted ratings for yesterday and the repeat of Bones beat that dumb show by 600000 viewers. it was 5.7 million for Bones and 5.1 million for the show I really don't want to mention again.

smile0303
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Location : somewhere in the great state of corruption i.e. ILLINOIS
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here. Empty Re: Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.

Post by THX1138 Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:03 am

Hehe. I'll mention it one time just to say THANK GOD Americans would rather watch a repeat of Bones than that crap. And BTW - who decided Hiedi and Spencer were celebrities? What exactly do they do, I mean other than live in Hollywood and get their pictures taken? They're nobodies, they do nothing, they aren't worth the pixels it takes to read what I'm writing. Now, let's all focus on Bones. And Emily, 'cause she's so damned dreamy. *sigh*

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here. Empty Re: Bones vs. I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:07 am

The only person I can id on that show (I think) was Patti Blagojevitch (Blagoytoy, as my uncle says--easier to spell, too), our darling deposed ex-governor's wife. I almost watched 1st night, just to see her, but thank God common sense prevailed!

Last edited by dawnsfire on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just because his name was plastered all over the state doesn't mean I ever learned to spell it!)
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:05 pm

is there even a contest???
i will never understand the mindset of all those people that watch those ridiculous reality shows...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:00 am

i_heart_bones wrote:is there even a contest???
i will never understand the mindset of all those people that watch those ridiculous reality shows...
I know! Take that stupid "Survivor" show. They drop those people at resort locations with enough supplies to live and then make them play games for luxuries. If I was running it I'd be dropping them in remote areas that resembled something hellish but covered with cameras. I'd give them each a fixed blade knife, three days rations, and a map. Once they're on the island I'd tell them we'd be back in three months - survivors get $1 million each. That's a show I'd watch.

Personally I blame the Europeans for this mess. It's a well known fact that Hollywood is intellectually bankrupt and has long since been reduced to watching European TV for anything new and original, which they subsequently water down or otherwise screw up in an attempt to pander to an American public they don't really understand. So if the Europeans would stop watching crap like Big Brother, etc., then we wouldn't have to suffer through it here in the states. I mean simply put our 'creative' people aren't smart enough to come up with something so stupid on their own.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:09 am

THX1138 wrote:I know! Take that stupid "Survivor" show. They drop those people at resort locations with enough supplies to live and then make them play games for luxuries. If I was running it I'd be dropping them in remote areas that resembled something hellish but covered with cameras. I'd give them each a fixed blade knife, three days rations, and a map. Once they're on the island I'd tell them we'd be back in three months - survivors get $1 million each. That's a show I'd watch.

RM

My hubby is right up with you there Rob. The only thing they seem to be surviving is all the back-stabbing and bitching!

I'd watch a 'real' survivor experience tomorrow... We had a show here called The Colony and it took three families - one from Australia, one from Ireland and one from England - and dumped them in the Australian bush as they would have had to live in the early 1800's. Took away all their techno crap, clothed them in period clothes, supplied them with goods and shattels that would have been provided to them as free settlers. They had three months to build a dwelling, live and meet the indigenous peoples as well as make a life for themselves.

I thought it was FANTASTIC as these people thrived. Of course they had their tough moments and squabbles, and some (a couple of the convicts) didn't make it, but all in all it was a great exercise.
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:19 am

That's great and just goes to show that Bones rules, even in reruns! Stupid shows like that usually draw crowds (Hole in the Wall Suspect Evil or Very Mad) but Bones beats it!!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:00 pm

I don't think the words "fantastic" and "reality show" should ever exist in the same sentence...

Tan wrote:

My hubby is right up with you there Rob. The only thing they seem to be surviving is all the back-stabbing and bitching!

I'd watch a 'real' survivor experience tomorrow... We had a show here called The Colony and it took three families - one from Australia, one from Ireland and one from England - and dumped them in the Australian bush as they would have had to live in the early 1800's. Took away all their techno crap, clothed them in period clothes, supplied them with goods and shattels that would have been provided to them as free settlers. They had three months to build a dwelling, live and meet the indigenous peoples as well as make a life for themselves.

I thought it was FANTASTIC as these people thrived. Of course they had their tough moments and squabbles, and some (a couple of the convicts) didn't make it, but all in all it was a great exercise.
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:06 pm

My siblings were watching this unfortunate show and I was berating them for melting their brains with such drivel (no offense to those who like the show, but I think that people should spend their times doing actually important things...I should take my own advice on this one) which I enforced with the fact that a Bones RERUN got better viewership.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum