Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daemon's TV interviews DB

5 posters

Go down

Daemon's TV interviews DB Empty Daemon's TV interviews DB

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Here's an interview David did with Daemon's TV dated 6/1/09. They touch on the acting, the character development, B/B, directing ...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Daemon's TV interviews DB Empty Re: Daemon's TV interviews DB

Post by bcriet Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Great interview Smile thanks for the post.
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Very interesting, I especially liked his insight into how they could evolve the relationship between the two characters. I get the feeling that if David were in charge he'd be a more organic force, someone who would let the relationship evolve, grow and then thrive or die on its own. That's the kind of thing I like. You know, TBTF was not one of my all time favorite episodes but I did enjoy it, and David does bring a certain energy to directing that, well, it just has a feel to it that's different from everyone else. That episode, you can tell he directed it, it's just him. Good interview, thanks DB.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm

A better interview than the HH one, to be sure. Though did anyone notice he makes reference to Booth not knowing Brennan? "Now that he doesn't know who she is it should be an interesting first couple of episodes."

"Our influence is really much on the idea of getting them excited about something. They write a scene and we're like, 'Ah, it doesn't really work for the character. He would do this. How about this?' I mean, that's a part of the creative process."

Reminds me of something I read in a book once...
"Always listen to the actors, because they know the characters better than the writer does."
"But the writer created those characters!" ...
"But the actor re-creates the character his own way...If I get an actor to portray my character, it ceases to be just mine anymore. It becomes that actor's character, even more than mine, or that actor will do a lousy job." (The Warlock Wandering)
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 pm

dawnsfire wrote:A better interview than the HH one, to be sure. Though did anyone notice he makes reference to Booth not knowing Brennan? "Now that he doesn't know who she is it should be an interesting first couple of episodes."

"Our influence is really much on the idea of getting them excited about something. They write a scene and we're like, 'Ah, it doesn't really work for the character. He would do this. How about this?' I mean, that's a part of the creative process."

Reminds me of something I read in a book once...
"Always listen to the actors, because they know the characters better than the writer does."
"But the writer created those characters!" ...
"But the actor re-creates the character his own way...If I get an actor to portray my character, it ceases to be just mine anymore. It becomes that actor's character, even more than mine, or that actor will do a lousy job." (The Warlock Wandering)
That's something every writer should be forced to memorize and commit to, good quote.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 pm

So true ... that's what I'm alluding to in my Say What You Want:

I wonder who Booth would be if someone other than David Boreanaz was playing the part. But just wondering - I wouldn't trade him for the world!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 am

DBCrazy wrote:So true ... that's what I'm alluding to in my Say What You Want:

I wonder who Booth would be if someone other than David Boreanaz was playing the part. But just wondering - I wouldn't trade him for the world!
You know we've debated that to some degree on another thread, don't recall which one at the moment, but what it really comes down to is that without David in the role he wouldn't be our Booth, same for Emily. She IS Brennan now, she's taken the role and made it hers, no one can possibly replace her just as no one can replace him. It's wonderful and a bit scary at the same time.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:44 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:So true ... that's what I'm alluding to in my Say What You Want:

You know we've debated that to some degree on another thread, don't recall which one at the moment, but what it really comes down to is that without David in the role he wouldn't be our Booth, same for Emily. She IS Brennan now, she's taken the role and made it hers, no one can possibly replace her just as no one can replace him. It's wonderful and a bit scary at the same time.

RM

I so agree if they were to kill off someone, they can't replace them. It just would not be right. The roles they play become part of who they are, and that is why we love them so much Smile
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:45 am

Great interview, insightful, thanks for posting. Smile
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down