Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek Was Awesome!

+3
heirofloki
i_heart_bones
willgirl
7 posters

Go down

Star Trek Was Awesome! Empty Star Trek Was Awesome!

Post by willgirl Sat May 09, 2009 2:40 pm

That is all.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Was Awesome! Empty Re: Star Trek Was Awesome!

Post by i_heart_bones Sat May 09, 2009 6:47 pm

haha. well after that rave review i must go see it.
*throws down uni work and runs to the cinema* Very Happy
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 am

Frak yeah! I have discovered a whole new level of love for Zachary Quinto.

*throws down uni work and runs to the cinema*

Go for it! Razz Seriously, if you've seen the series/movies, you'll love it. If you haven't (like the friend who went with me), you'll still love it.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Mon May 25, 2009 2:37 pm

I loved the movie too! But, I thought that the whole Uhura/Spock thing was... "Un-Star Trekish"... and Kirk and the crew didn't meet the Romulans until a later episode in the series. How could he (Kirk) have known that the bad guy (forgot his name) was a Romulan, if Romulans hadn't been "found" by the Federation yet? But, other than that, the movi was GREAT! I would most definately see it again.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon May 25, 2009 10:58 pm

bones206 wrote:I loved the movie too! But, I thought that the whole Uhura/Spock thing was... "Un-Star Trekish"... and Kirk and the crew didn't meet the Romulans until a later episode in the series. How could he (Kirk) have known that the bad guy (forgot his name) was a Romulan, if Romulans hadn't been "found" by the Federation yet? But, other than that, the movi was GREAT! I would most definately see it again.
bones, you know the canon? You're so young? I was around during the original run and I didn't know any of that stuff ... except the un-star-trekish Uhura/Spock thingy of course! But I'm easy, I just went with it.

Do you know how to speak Klingon? (Didn't Sweets interpret/speak some Klingon recently? or was that somebody else on another show? I've seen is somewhere just recently!

But to the original topic - I laughed my butt off in that movie. But my boy didn't know any Star Trek and while he did like it, he didn't enjoy anywhere as much as I did!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Mon May 25, 2009 11:57 pm

bones206 wrote:I loved the movie too! But, I thought that the whole Uhura/Spock thing was... "Un-Star Trekish"... and Kirk and the crew didn't meet the Romulans until a later episode in the series. How could he (Kirk) have known that the bad guy (forgot his name) was a Romulan, if Romulans hadn't been "found" by the Federation yet? But, other than that, the movi was GREAT! I would most definately see it again.

Alert! Geek overload ahead:

Actually, they did know Romulans (who share ancestry with the Vulcans). As for the rest, all the character cannon was thrown out in the movie because as Spock said, whatever their lives might have been before, they've changed because of Nero's and Spock's trip through time. This is an alternate Reality, to quote Uhura.

[And how smart of JJ to throw that tidbit in there. Guy could now build his own franchise without interfering with the old one if he wanted to. Very savvy, I approve.Razz]

Personally, I loved the un-Star-Trek-ish thing of Uhura/Spock. It establishes like nothing else that really, this is not the same old star-trek. I know the cannon but I'm not what you would call a fangirl or whatever, so yeah, I liked the changes. Also, right until I sat down at the theater, I was terrified that they would hook Uhura and Kirk up on some pre-Enterprise thing. Practically jumped in glee when I got proved wrong -and in what a way, oh my! Shocked

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Tue May 26, 2009 8:09 am

I don't get the hype... saw it and had a hard time staying awake.

I think the movie was ruined for me because of the hype. I also didn't much like Spock. Or Kirk. Maybe if I was a fan I could enjoy all the little things that were thrown in and I'm sure it would be an excellent movie. But for the most part I felt it wasn't anything to rave about. And it certainly didn't make me any more interested in watching the orginal.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 am

phoebsfan wrote:I don't get the hype... saw it and had a hard time staying awake.

I think the movie was ruined for me because of the hype. I also didn't much like Spock. Or Kirk. Maybe if I was a fan I could enjoy all the little things that were thrown in and I'm sure it would be an excellent movie. But for the most part I felt it wasn't anything to rave about. And it certainly didn't make me any more interested in watching the orginal.

I agree it was overhyped. My friends convinced me it was the best thing since the Wrath of Khan (Best.Star Trek.Movie.EVER), so I had to drag the gf with me to the theatre. Meh. The plot was only okay but the story seemed rushed. It could have benefited from another 15 minutes of development. Other than that the bright spots were the guy they got to play Bones, an awesome piece of casting there and his lines were the best, I mean how can you not like "My wife got the planet in the divorce."? Still, the guys playing Kirk and Spock were only so-so, and the Uhura/Spock thing was interesting but seemed a little out of left field to me. Although the actress playing Uhura? HOT.

All in all, 3 out of 5 stars. Just barely worth the price of admission.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 am

I don't actually know how to speak Klingon, but my parents bought season 1 of Star Trek, and I actually went as Spock for Halloween when I was 4. So, I come from a Trekie family. I personally loved the movie, I personally didn't like the Spock/Uhura thing, I thought it "betrayed" the whole Spock character, and in the original series Uhura didn't like either of them. But, the whole butterfly effect, I get it, their lives have been changed. Honestly, I think that as soon as Heroes (because of Zachery Quinto) is over, they're (CBS) is going to bring Star Trek back. I personally give the movie a 5/5, and I respect other peoples views.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 pm

bones206 wrote:I don't actually know how to speak Klingon, but my parents bought season 1 of Star Trek, and I actually went as Spock for Halloween when I was 4. So, I come from a Trekie family...
That's wonderful!!! You'll have to dig out a picture and show it sometime!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Wed May 27, 2009 1:53 am

Um... My parent's would never allow it, but, I was in a blue long sleevd shirt, with a federation pin, and I was wearing black pants and black shoes. My mom used something to make my ears pointy, eyeliner for the eye brows, and she dyed my hair black (or maybe it was a wig).
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 am

bones206 wrote:Um... My parent's would never allow it, but, I was in a blue long sleevd shirt, with a federation pin, and I was wearing black pants and black shoes. My mom used something to make my ears pointy, eyeliner for the eye brows, and she dyed my hair black (or maybe it was a wig).
A 4-year-old Spock - that must've been great!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Wed May 27, 2009 6:56 am

Smile
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down