Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Stars Talk About What Drew Them to 'Bones'

:: News

Go down

Show Stars Talk About What Drew Them to 'Bones' Empty Show Stars Talk About What Drew Them to 'Bones'

Post by ehbee Sat May 31, 2008 4:06 am

Show Stars Talk About What Drew Them to 'Bones'
Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Booth and BrennanBones may be a hit procedural drama, but what attracted actor David Boreanaz to the show the most is its interesting array of characters.

"[Bones] had a real face, it had identity to it,'' Boreanaz said. “It had an identity to each character, to each individual character, so it was because of the identity of those characters that I really responded to the material, rather than being the procedural stuff.”

On Bones, David Boreanaz plays FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. The 38-year-old actor said that he incorporates a lot of himself into his onscreen persona.

"What you see is not really what you get with him. He likes to change fairly quickly. I like that. It's who I am,'' he explained.

Starring with David Boreanaz on Bones is Emily Deschanel, who plays the show's intelligent yet somewhat uptight protagonist, Dr. Temperance Brennan. The show follows the two as they work together to solve various cases with the help of forensic anthropology.

"I've always found anthropology fascinating,'' Deschanel said. "I've actually never taken a course on anthropology in my life. But my parents' best friends are anthropologists, so just talking with them I have been thinking like that for a long time.”

The 31-year-old actress explained that it's anthropology's holistic approach to things – as opposed to psychology's focus on the individual – that has drawn her attention so much.

“[Anthropology looks] at a whole culture and tribe, if you will, and how people behave with each other. I think it's very fascinating,'' Emily Deschanel said.

While her character is adept at forensic anthropology, Deschanel's Brennan is a little bit rusty when it comes to pop culture and human relationships, although she has improved over the course of the series.

"She is learning about pop culture and she is learning about social interaction, and she is a quick learner,'' Emily Deschanel said. "I think she has a more difficult time sometimes with the social things.''

-Lisa Claustro, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
Source: Herald Sun

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

:: News