Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 Themes Challenge.

2 posters

Go down

100 Themes Challenge. Empty 100 Themes Challenge.

Post by Bo2011 Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:46 am

Introduction:

There was another thing outside of my brick walls. It sounded as if it was chipping away slowly at them. Throwing up more barriers, I ran to hide in the deepest darkest corners of my prison. It was in my nature to hide when I was scared unlike my owner. She stayed and fought off any enemy without thinking. If she were here, she would help me to not be afraid. However, she is fighting a battle of her own. Apparently she got a new partner today.

The other thing is closer now. I hate this. My walls were supposed to be impregnable. It is so close though. I’m losing my battles as is my owner. I yearn to help her, to be able to accompany her at the downfall of her partner. He isn’t so bad, but he is irrational. It makes my owner upset.

The thing is nearly in. I can see spots of light through some parts of the wall. I’m trying to hide myself away as much as I can. It seems as if my owner is starting to be defeated by her partner. She is becoming more and more irrational daily. Oh what has that man done? Her giving in is making me lose hope when I need it most. Who knows who this intruder to my domain could be.

He’s in. It’s another heart. He’s rather nice and quite easy on the eyes. “Hi. My name is Red. I am your owner’s partner’s heart. It’s nice to meet you.” he spouted easily. Red seemed quite comfortable in my prison. “I see. My name is Heart. My owner named me the rational name for my position. It’s nice meeting you.” Red invited me back to his home and it was rather nice. Slowly, we bonded and visits between the two became more frequent. Our homes also became more similar as we eagerly shared tales of our owners and swapped belongings, needing the other to seem close.
Bo2011
Bo2011
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : Right, so I'm just me. I write when I think of something to and don't when I can't get my thoughts on paper. Often times, I have issues between my brain and paper...
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://www.myspace.com/angelbyfriends

Back to top Go down

100 Themes Challenge. Empty Re: 100 Themes Challenge.

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:16 am

Hmmm.

Well ....

I read it, and I was confused.

And I read it again and now I understand a little more. I have a little smile on my face, so that's a good sign. I have to say that it's a little abstract for me, but I realize it's only the introduction, and I've never read anything of yours before...

So, go ahead, Bo. Write some more and let's see where you're going with this... Wink

BTW Bo, is 100 Themes Challenge a name, or are you writing this in answer to a challenge?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo2011 Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 am

Hey. Thanks for reading.

I realized it was kind of confusing, but the two hearts talking to each other was something I found amusing. Most of what I write isn't like that... I don't think.

I think I'm going to write another one tonight, so look for it. I have two more stories posted on here.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It is the response to a theme challenge on another fiction site.

Enjoy. -Bo Bo.
Bo2011
Bo2011
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : Right, so I'm just me. I write when I think of something to and don't when I can't get my thoughts on paper. Often times, I have issues between my brain and paper...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo2011 Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:31 am

Light:

I live underground. I have for a long time now and I like the darkness. Ever since that nice girl was found dead, I have been forced into the light. I guess these cops don’t realize how bad the light hurts my eyes.

Supposedly, my eyes were going to adjust to the light after a short time in the broad daylight. They didn’t. agent Booth has the lights fully on now in the room and he is interrogating me. Can the light be a part of his technique? Or maybe he just hasn’t noticed it hurting me?

The conference is over but I have to stay in this other room while I wait on some artist lady. This room is ever brighter I will be so happy to be underground again soon. I’m being shuffled into a slightly darker room with the artist. I’m glad for the slight decline in light but she sees the way I’m still squinting and looking downward. She stands up, turns the lights off, and closes all of the blinds, except for those to my back, so it doesn’t hurt my eyes but she can still see.

I know one thing if nothing else: I don’t miss the light.
Bo2011
Bo2011
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo2011 Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:43 am

Dark:

There was a bright light and then everything went dark. At first, I thought I was dead, but I felt a ton of pain so I knew I wasn’t. It felt like I had been blown up. I opened my eyes, but I couldn’t see anything. Was I blind? God, I hope not. If I was, I wouldn’t be able to do my job any longer.

Now I just feel someone touching me. I can’t tell where I am and I can’t hear anything but a buzz so I can’t tell who it is by their voice. It’s still so dark and I’m starting to realize exactly how much I rely on my vision now that it’s gone. It’s no use trying to see right now, so I guess I’m just going to conk out since it’s dark and quite.

Voices wake me and there is a lot of light in my eyes as I open them and wait for them to adjust. “He’s lucky he only had temporary blindness. Many people are stuck in the dark all of the time after seeing an explosion and looking at the light.”
Bo2011
Bo2011
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo2011 Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:43 am

Love:

Booth looked out to his son sitting with a little girl at the park. She had been sitting alone and looked as if she had been crying. Parker had given the football he had been running to catch to his father and told him that he would be back soon.

Love and pride filled Booth’s chest and eyes as Parker comforted the girl. They suddenly took off toward the swings and the little girl got on to the seat for Parker to push.

A woman walked up to Booth and asked if that was his son by the swing. Before he could answer, the woman said, “It is. I can tell by the love for him in your eyes. Tell him thank you for me? I haven’t seen my baby girl this happy in a long time.” Booth turned to look at her, but she was gone, leaving him slightly confused.

At the Royal Diner that night, Parker told his father about the girl. “Kia was upset because her Mommy went to Heaven a few weeks ago and she misses her. Can I play with Kia again sometime? I don’t like seeing her sad.” Booth pulled Parker close and hugged him, “Yeah, Buddy, you can. I love you so much and I hope you won’t need someone like Kia to make you happy because of someone going to Heaven for a really long time.”
Bo2011
Bo2011
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum