Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organic living with Emily Deschanel

+3
fairytales_end
Zeddie
RGPageantqueen
7 posters

Go down

Organic living with Emily Deschanel Empty Organic living with Emily Deschanel

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:31 am

Cute interview with Emily I saw. Very Happy

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Organic living with Emily Deschanel Empty Re: Organic living with Emily Deschanel

Post by Zeddie Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:11 am

That was great!! Thxx for posting Ella!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Organic living with Emily Deschanel 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Organic living with Emily Deschanel Empty Re: Organic living with Emily Deschanel

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm

your welcome! I love when She was talking about being on The Pill. I was like wow! TMI Emily. Then the next line she was like I'm off The Pill, and I was like well I hope you're being safe...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Can anyone find a bigger version of the picture because it's really beautiful Smile
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Yes, she told me about that UN report. I think it's called "The China Study" or "China Report." I've been wanting to look into it, but haven't yet.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Can she send ME food so I don't have to learn how to be vegan?! Smile I want so badly to be vegan, but I'm just not creative enough. I need a personal chef...or for Emily to bring me food. Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Amen to the not-liking-to-take-medication-even-for-a-headache!!! I'm the same way!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:22 pm

I want to become a vegan, but I'm not allowed... When I'm 18 I hope I have the discipline..
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:59 pm

She's an amazing role model. She sets a good example for others, and she's not preachy or pressuring at all. I like her. XD
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:14 am

Meegs82 wrote:Can she send ME food so I don't have to learn how to be vegan?! Smile I want so badly to be vegan, but I'm just not creative enough. I need a personal chef...or for Emily to bring me food. Razz

You can do what she does..... buy a vegan cookbook. My Aunt is a vegan. She makes really good food. But My parents are very avid meat eaters. So it's always weird when we go to her house and theirs nothing there. It's all seitan and tofu. But we grew up eating it on the weekends back in Connecticut. I saw a recipe for paccata... Seitan Paccata that was one of Emily's favorite recipes I want to try that! And those rolled oat cookies... Smile She can come cook for me, I'm used to vegan cuisine.

Last edited by RGPageantqueen on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:15 am

Meegs82 wrote:Amen to the not-liking-to-take-medication-even-for-a-headache!!! I'm the same way!

I have to take medicine. I live on Advil... haha. But then again if you had coaches twisting you in odd ways you'd want it too.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:Amen to the not-liking-to-take-medication-even-for-a-headache!!! I'm the same way!

I have to take medicine. I live on Advil... haha. But then again if you had coaches twisting you in odd ways you'd want it too.

Oh, I'm on a couple of medications. One for my thyroid and 1 for my anxiety. I am almost completely off of another one. I just don't like the fact that I actually have to take them. Ironically, Emily has the same thyroid condition I have, so she has to take medication for that. And when I have a *horrid* headache, bring on the Tylenol! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:Can she send ME food so I don't have to learn how to be vegan?! Smile I want so badly to be vegan, but I'm just not creative enough. I need a personal chef...or for Emily to bring me food. Razz

You can do what she does..... buy a vegan cookbook. My Aunt is a vegan. She makes really good food. But My parents are very avid meat eaters. So it's always weird when we go to her house and theirs nothing there. It's all seitan and tofu. But we grew up eating it on the weekends back in Connecticut. I saw a recipe for paccata... Seitan Paccata that was one of Emily's favorite recipes I want to try that! And those rolled oat cookies... Smile She can come cook for me, I'm used to vegan cuisine.

Alas, I cannot cook! I suppose I can learn...I really NEED to learn. I am also gluten intolerant, so no seitan for me. Gluten-free and vegan makes it more difficult, but I still would like to try it. I just wish I had Emily to teach me Smile There is a great restaurant in L.A. that specializes in vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free food. Well, there are A LOT of them in L.A., but one in particular was Hugo's. I only went there once, but it was amazing!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 pm

I tried vegan for a while...but really just missed milk.
Im an avid vegetarian and still only drink organic milk...at least i know it is actually from cows froliking on a farm, not stuck in giant shed.
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 am

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:

Alas, I cannot cook! I suppose I can learn...I really NEED to learn. I am also gluten intolerant, so no seitan for me. Gluten-free and vegan makes it more difficult, but I still would like to try it. I just wish I had Emily to teach me Smile There is a great restaurant in L.A. that specializes in vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free food. Well, there are A LOT of them in L.A., but one in particular was Hugo's. I only went there once, but it was amazing!

I can't cook either, I was just telling my mom that I can't cook to save my life and yet she's depending on me to make dinner tonight! D: <~ Thats a shrieking face! lol! I live in the land of BBQ, every corner you turn is a BBQ place. It's far and few between to find a vegan restaurant. But I usually get my vegan fix at my aunts place. It's hard though with her on the holidays because she's the only one in the family who's a vegan. But she brings a lot of really good food. Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Maybe I'll hire your aunt to cook for me! Razz I am switching all of my cosmetics to vegan as well as my shoes. Next, I think will be clothing. I am getting a vegan wallet (although, I think the wallet I have now is vegan). I am just disgusted by the animal cruelty that is out there. This family that I know just rescued a Chihuahua from a dog-fighting ring. Sooo sad! I don't eat much food with animal products, aside from cheese. But it is still difficult when you can't cook!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Meegs, take it from a vegan. Gluten-free and vegan is not hard to reconcile. There's a lot of vegan foods out there that's also Gluten-free (or is there? I don't know, might be the Los Angelina in me talking). Seriously, though. If you decide to take the jump and try cooking at home, I can recommend The Real Foods Daily Cookbook. The food is fantastic and the recipes are not hard to follow. It's from the founder and owner of the vegan restaurants by the same name (RFD).

And for the record, no, I don't work for them. Though I should have a stake in the restaurants, considering the amount of money I used to spend there! Razz

Also, for anyone who wants to get informed about becoming vegan and what it entails, the aptly titled "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina is a good place to start. Wink

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Wow, thanks heiro! Seriously, I will look into your suggestions. I guess I'm just not that creative, at least when it comes to food. Like I said, I am already making steps in other departments (cosmetics, clothing, etc.) but the food issue is different 'cuz I'm in such a routine. But if I really want it, I know I can do it. So, thanks again for the suggestions!

You're from Los Angeles? I SO want to move back there. I lived there for 4 months last year, and I miss it. I would just need to convince my hubby to move back. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:08 am

Meegs82 wrote:Maybe I'll hire your aunt to cook for me! Razz I am switching all of my cosmetics to vegan as well as my shoes. Next, I think will be clothing. I am getting a vegan wallet (although, I think the wallet I have now is vegan). I am just disgusted by the animal cruelty that is out there. This family that I know just rescued a Chihuahua from a dog-fighting ring. Sooo sad! I don't eat much food with animal products, aside from cheese. But it is still difficult when you can't cook!

We got one of our dogs from this young guy, who found her with her head bashed in and left to die and he nursed her back to health. And while she's not the healthiest dog, she's not the sickest, and she's such a sweet dog, with the saddest eyes. The other dog we have we saved from Euthination. I would probably go vegan except that I love chicken too much. I hate pork (minus ribs and bacon-sometimes) and I don't like the taste and texture of beef. So my choices to not eat that isn't because of animal rights, though I hate how they treat animals. I wish they wouldn't be so mean to them, considering their destination. Was it you that said Emily couldn't handle soy? Does she drink soy milk? I hate soy milk... Ugh, My Aunt made us drink it as kids, and I used to like it as a kid til one day I threw it up and that was the end of my soy milk drinking days.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:12 pm

That is so sad about the dog! Such cruelty out there. Meat was not hard for me to give up...AT ALL. I stopped eating red meat, for the most part, back in high school. I haven't had pork since then either. I would eat chicken and turkey and then finally, in November of '07, I said, "why am I even eating meat at all?" Now, I can't stand it. But I don't freak out if someone eats it in front of me. Like my husband. He is a carnivore Smile

Right, Emily can't digest soy. She drinks almond milk. I can't handle soy either. I can have soybeans and that's about it. Tofu, soy milk, etc. wreaks havoc with my body.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:04 am

Meegs82 wrote:
You're from Los Angeles? I SO want to move back there. I lived there for 4 months last year, and I miss it. I would just need to convince my hubby to move back. Smile

By right if not by birth. LOL. My family still lives there though, and as much as I hated it there (and I hated it there) I also passionately loved it. Mostly, I miss my family and my friends and my everything. Still, I don't know if I would recommend anyone to move there: The prices are pretty insane (have you gone grocery shopping? affraid ), the drivers are absolutely nuts, and the public transportation system is a joke. A bad one. Oh, and there's also the constant risk of an earthquake or a bushfire catching up and taking down your home. If you don't mind any of that, though, it can also be pretty awesome. It's like living in a different country. Hell, sometimes it's like living in a different planet. But in a crazy-cool way. Smile

You know what's an excellent alternative to soy milk? Hemp. I love it. It's easy to digest, light and packs a pretty hard punch. It's more expensive than soy milk, so instead of buying the milk, I take hemp shakes almost everyday to help increase my protein intake. But yeah, there's also oat milk, rice, cashew and I think hazelnut, which, uh, okaaay. I have not tried <i>that</i> one.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum