Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article help.

+3
sammi31
Meegs82
RGPageantqueen
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Article help. Empty Article help.

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:27 am

I am actually sitting in my 3rd period Newspaper class, and I have to write an article for it. Every issue we publish a "spotlight on..." article usually about someone famous or important either in t he school, in the community, but mostly people write about a celebrity. For instance last months issue was a spotlight on Obama. So this issue I want to put the spotlight on Emily.

So i'm looking for interesting fats you have on her, about her career, how she got to where she got, fun facts (favorite song, movie, etc.), and stuff about her love of animals, her green lifestyle and about her veganism lifestyle!

thanks guys, I'm off to find a cute picture to use. Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Article help. Empty Re: Article help.

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:41 pm

You can find quite a bit on [Only admins are allowed to see this link] however, some of the info isn't completely accurate. Just type in "Emily Deschanel" in the search bar.

As for fun tidbits, I'll be thinking about it!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 am

Well I got most of her basics, Meegs. Age, parents, hometown, birthplace. I was hoping for something deeper. If it's too bland they won't publish my piece and I really want people to know about Emily and her good heart. ya know?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 am

You can Google Farm Sanctuary and SPCA. There are lots of articles with Emily. She has been involved in animal rights for a while and she always contributes to these causes. She is also very "green." There are quite a few interviews she has done where she talks about what she does to help conserve energy. She shops at a Hollywood farmer's market to support local farmers. She always buys organic. Since she is vegan, everything she uses has to be free of animal products and void of animal testing. Even her makeup is all cruelty free.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Meegs82 wrote:You can Google Farm Sanctuary and SPCA. There are lots of articles with Emily. She has been involved in animal rights for a while and she always contributes to these causes. She is also very "green." There are quite a few interviews she has done where she talks about what she does to help conserve energy. She shops at a Hollywood farmer's market to support local farmers. She always buys organic. Since she is vegan, everything she uses has to be free of animal products and void of animal testing. Even her makeup is all cruelty free.

Lol. My aunt sells avon and she's always talking about how they don't test it on animals, I'm always telling her to shut up. But she's awesome! Thanks for the help! Do you have anything fun about her. Favorite food, song, movie, etc. I wanna add a little bio about her underneath her picture.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Let's see...she makes a really yummy guacamole. She cannot digest soy. She gets her protein mainly from nuts and beans. All 4 of her grandparents are alive. I can find out what some of her favorite music and movies are. When is your article due?

Oh, fun tidbit: she and her sister weren't allowed to go on an audition until they were old enough to drive themselves to one.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 am

Meegs82 wrote:Let's see...she makes a really yummy guacamole. She cannot digest soy. She gets her protein mainly from nuts and beans. All 4 of her grandparents are alive. I can find out what some of her favorite music and movies are. When is your article due?

Oh, fun tidbit: she and her sister weren't allowed to go on an audition until they were old enough to drive themselves to one.

Haha! My mom said I can't go to American Idol Auditions until I can drive myself. So now that I have my dads old mustang, I'm going to do it this year! Very Happy

My article is due The last monday of the month which is oddly the monday of our spring break.... So the friday before the last monday of the month. Is that too short? I can push it back to the May issue if I have too, but they don't like when we push stories back!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 am

Do you know what color her Prius is?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:50 am

Visit her myspace page as well and you can find out somethings about her as well. I am on myspace and go to visit her site often.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:10 am

she has a myspace page? Is it real?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:40 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:Do you know what color her Prius is?

I do not. I remember seeing 1 Prius in the parking lot during filming. I believe it was black, but I have no idea if it was hers or not.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:42 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:she has a myspace page? Is it real?

We had a discussion about this a while back. We cannot be for sure, but the conclusion was that it was NOT real. There was supposedly a post that Emily had written herself and when someone copied and pasted it here at the ABY, it had so many grammatical and punctuational errors that I can't *imagine* Emily could have possibly written it. She is much smarter than that. I mean, seriously, the errors were those a 5th grader would make.

I also know that a different MySpace page of "hers" that was up a couple of years ago was for a fact, FAKE.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:57 am

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:Do you know what color her Prius is?

I do not. I remember seeing 1 Prius in the parking lot during filming. I believe it was black, but I have no idea if it was hers or not.

I'm sure if there was only one prius in the lot and Emily was there, than there's probably a good bet it's hers unless she walked to work that day. Very Happy I have a baby blue mustang, it used to be my dads. But i really want a prius, they are so cute.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:58 am

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:she has a myspace page? Is it real?

We had a discussion about this a while back. We cannot be for sure, but the conclusion was that it was NOT real. There was supposedly a post that Emily had written herself and when someone copied and pasted it here at the ABY, it had so many grammatical and punctuational errors that I can't *imagine* Emily could have possibly written it. She is much smarter than that. I mean, seriously, the errors were those a 5th grader would make.

I also know that a different MySpace page of "hers" that was up a couple of years ago was for a fact, FAKE.

Do you know w here I can see the letter? I just want to make sure I get everything in my article correct as best as I can. Do you know Emily, Meegs?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Which letter are you talking about? The post from Emily, you mean? I am sure it is somewhere in the "Talking About ED" thread.

I don't know her well. Her cousin is a family friend and I got to meet her in 2007 in L.A. and then again last November when I filmed an extra role on "Bones." We sat and chatted for about 45 minutes. I get occasional tidbits of info from her cousin as well. Apparently, after Emily met me and my mom in 2007, she told her cousin "your friends were so sweet and absolutely beautiful." *blushes* That kind of left me speechless. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:14 pm

wow, thats so cool! What did you guys talk about?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:23 pm

OH! Very Happy That's Emily. She's such a sweetheart. I know that and I don't even know the woman. Very Happy
You ARE beautiful, Meegs! Very Happy

I bought strawberries today. hehehe. I'm going to try it after hubby goes to sleep... so he doesn't think I'm a weirdo! haha Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:wow, thats so cool! What did you guys talk about?

Mainly health stuff, actually. I was telling her about how I had started eating a little bit of meat again and how I had been getting really sick and had been to the hospital. I told her my naturopath wanted me to get more protein. She told me about the most ethical animal meat (naturally raised beef) and how chicken (which is all I was eating) is actually really bad, at least from an ethical standpoint. After that night, I went straight back to being a vegetarian and found out later that it was all due to the meat that I had been getting sick.

We talked about animals and my dog Smile She really wasn't feeling very well. She said her allergies were bothering her and she had been sneezing and sniffling all day. That was one of the days of the crazy wildfires north of L.A., which is were we were filming. Apparently, she has to take allergy shots, hers are so bad. We got on the whole vegan topic because Marisa Coughlan came back from the taco bar with a tamale and commented on how good it was and then added, "oh, sorry, you probably can't eat this, huh?" to Emily. Smile

Then I got a picture with her plus 2 3-second videos on accident 'cuz we couldn't figure out my camera. The director of the episode took it. Then we walked off set together at the end of the night, talking about our grandparents and family and then she was off to her trailer. Great day!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:45 pm

ForensicMama wrote:OH! Very Happy That's Emily. She's such a sweetheart. I know that and I don't even know the woman. Very Happy

I bought strawberries today. hehehe. I'm going to try it after hubby goes to sleep... so he doesn't think I'm a weirdo! haha Very Happy

Okay, now I'm blushing even more! Embarassed You're sweet, Mama! Oh, I have been thinking about the strawberry thing as well. My mom offered me some to take home yesterday and I said "no." What WAS I thinking? Razz Plus, strawberries apparently make rosacea worse and I have that.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:wow, thats so cool! What did you guys talk about?

Mainly health stuff, actually. I was telling her about how I had started eating a little bit of meat again and how I had been getting really sick and had been to the hospital. I told her my naturopath wanted me to get more protein. She told me about the most ethical animal meat (naturally raised beef) and how chicken (which is all I was eating) is actually really bad, at least from an ethical standpoint. After that night, I went straight back to being a vegetarian and found out later that it was all due to the meat that I had been getting sick.

We talked about animals and my dog Smile She really wasn't feeling very well. She said her allergies were bothering her and she had been sneezing and sniffling all day. That was one of the days of the crazy wildfires north of L.A., which is were we were filming. Apparently, she has to take allergy shots, hers are so bad. We got on the whole vegan topic because Marisa Coughlan came back from the taco bar with a tamale and commented on how good it was and then added, "oh, sorry, you probably can't eat this, huh?" to Emily. Smile

Then I got a picture with her plus 2 3-second videos on accident 'cuz we couldn't figure out my camera. The director of the episode took it. Then we walked off set together at the end of the night, talking about our grandparents and family and then she was off to her trailer. Great day!

I'm not sure what I'd talk about with her, if I ever had the chance to... I'd probably be too shy. Like when I met Carrie Underwood... Such a nice woman!!!!!! Oh my god, But i was like running out of things to say, and she was just so sweet cause I kept saying that she was the best singer ever. I must've said that at least a dozen times.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
ForensicMama wrote:OH! Very Happy That's Emily. She's such a sweetheart. I know that and I don't even know the woman. Very Happy

Okay, now I'm blushing even more! Embarassed You're sweet, Mama! Oh, I have been thinking about the strawberry thing as well. My mom offered me some to take home yesterday and I said "no." What WAS I thinking? Razz Plus, strawberries apparently make rosacea worse and I have that.

Very Happy
I would have never guessed you had rosacea!
I tried the strawberry thing and there really wasn't a huge difference, but maybe you have to do it more than once... which is true with most things.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 pm

what's rosacea?

Does Emily have a lot of health problems?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 am

Yup, Rosacea it is! Make-up helps...A LOT.

RGPageant, Rosacea is a skin condition that causes your cheeks to appear "rosy" and also causes breakouts of acne. Really sucks, but I try to manage it. I wouldn't really want to go into Emily's health issues, even if I knew about them, just because it's personal. She just mentioned her allergies. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Yup, Rosacea it is! Make-up helps...A LOT.

RGPageant, Rosacea is a skin condition that causes your cheeks to appear "rosy" and also causes breakouts of acne. Really sucks, but I try to manage it. I wouldn't really want to go into Emily's health issues, even if I knew about them, just because it's personal. She just mentioned her allergies. Smile

I wasn't going to put those into my article I was asking for just personal information... I'd like to know though. What are her allergies? My sister, Courtney, is allergic to Honey. I'm allergic to latex.... Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Oh, I wasn't talking about you putting them in your article. I just mean that I wouldn't really want to share personal stuff like that if I didn't have her permission, y'know? As for the allergies, I honestly have no idea. She just said that she had to take shots. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum