Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks

+5
shopgirl909
*Vodzu*
TinkonBrink
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
9 posters

Go down

He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks Empty He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:59 am

"Kate O'Hare's Hot Cuppa TV: He Knows 'Bones': Executive Producer Hart Hanson speaks"
source: blog.zap2it.com/kate_ohare/2009/03/he-knows-bones-executive-producer-hart-hanson-speaks.html

Warning: Contains MAJOR spoilers about upcoming events on the show!
Read interview under the cut!

He Knows 'Bones': Executive Producer Hart Hanson speaks"

After failing to realize early dreams of being either a heavy-metal guitar god or a physicist, writer/producer Hart Hanson decided to take up writing, and many years later, "Bones" fans are happy he did.Currently in its fourth season, "Bones," which airs Thursdays on Fox, stars David Boreanaz as FBI Agent Seeley Booth, a man of action who finds himself partnered with cerebral forensic anthropologist -- and successful mystery author -- Dr. Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel).
He does people; she does bones; together -- with the help of Brennan's team of scientific "Squints" back at the lab at the fictional Jeffersonian Institution -- they solve crimes.
Their partnership is platonic, but is there sexual tension? Please, this is TV. Hanson took a few minutes off from working on the season finale script to answer a few questions from yours truly:
Q: We hear that the big consummation moment for Booth and Brennan is coming in the season finale, and perhaps reproduction. I could see Brennan being clinical about it, but Booth? What was your thinking leading up to this?

A: Well, that's totally and completely the story engine driving this entire moment. Brennan is clinical, and Booth is anything but clinical. Merry mix-ups ensue.

But if I tell you the thinking that led to it, I might as well tell you the story, which means I'd be smarter to wait and have you watch it on television.

Can I tell you we thought about it a lot and a lot? That we had buckets and buckets of network and studio input and, despite that, we still got to a story that worked for us?

The general idea is an adage that TV writers and producers ignore at their peril: Give the audience what they expect, in a way they don't expect it.

Q: For such a bright woman, Brennan doesn't seem to be evolving much in her social skills. It is a source of comedy, but will she ever get significantly better?

A: What, you want to end the series? If you do, just say so.
Q: Is there an undercover scenario for Bones and Booth in the back of your mind that's still waiting for the right plot?
A: There are about six. "The World's Strongest Man" competition. Everybody here (but me) is fascinated by reality cooking and fashion shows, so when I die or move on, they can do that. Same with musicals. We want to go to an architectural dig and onto an Indian reservation...
Q: Might romance ever flare up again among the Squints?

A: Definitely. And perhaps even lust.

Q: How has your philosophy of the show changed over four seasons -- or has it?

A: It has not, alas. Find the balance between cases and personal stories, character and humor, and stay interested. The question is, are we successful at it enough of the time to keep our loyal audience?
Q: Will the economic downturn have an effect in the future on the budget at the Jeffersonian?
A: Definitely. I don't know how yet.
Q: Will Angela's dad (played by Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top) reappear?
A: Definitely.

Q: Are there other celebrities who'd like to be on the show,just waiting for the right script?

A: Yes, we've actually gotten to the point where people are asking to be on the show, who love the show and think it would be cool to come aboard. Perhaps because of Billy Gibbons, these include a number of rock stars. We will find ways to use the ones we like and dodge the ones we don't.

Q: How'd you manage to get the peripatetic Stephen Fry -- a prolific Twitterer and blogger -- to stand still long enough to do another "Bones"? What's he doing, and when should that air?

A: Stephen Fry loves doing "Bones." We found his availability months ago, within a four-day window, and confirmed with him that he'd be in the episode then. At that time, we had no idea what the story would be, but we knew it would be intermingled with a Sweets story. He did not disappoint.
He remains one of our favourite ([sic] Hart's from Canada.) recurring guest stars, and we (and he) hope to see more of him in the future. The episode he shot for us is called "Mayhem on the Cross" and should air in April. (HCTV: Perhaps April 2) All of England is on alert.
Q: Now that your dad has been on the show -- he played the cranky vending-machine man in last Thursday's episode, from whom Booth (Boreanaz also directed the episode) snatched a free snack -- are there any other Hansons out there that we might see soon?

A: No more Hansons. Dad was enough, thank you, and he's old and fairly easy to handle compared to the rest.

Q: Without giving away the farm, what's up in the season finale?
A: Sorry, if I give you a hint (and I know you), you'll guess the whole thing. Tune in.
Thanks, Hart. Now get back to work.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks Empty Re: He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:00 am

Lust among the squints, eh? That should be interesting? Maybe I should put my Cadgins-shippingness back into full gear? Laughing Or Angance? Laughing
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks Empty Re: He Knows "Bones": Exec. Producer Hart Hanson Speaks

Post by ToZiKa Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:06 am

ForensicMama wrote:Lust among the squints, eh? That should be interesting? Maybe I should put my Cadgins-shippingness back into full gear? Laughing Or Angance? Laughing

Angance?
Oh please please not......I would have to laugh all the time.....

I loved the interview, thanks for posting mama
he didn't say all that much abut the season finale, but they all seem to be sure, that we will like it
I think we should trust them to do it right

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:18 am

I would laugh... but I think it would be cute for Angela to show "kiddie" Sweets the ropes of romance. Freak him out a bit. That could be fun, actually. I vote Angance.

Of course Hodgins and Cam would be hot. I've always thought they were makin' eyes at each other. Wink And I totally love Cam. She deserves a boy toy.

I agree that this finale will be so wonderful and hot and sexy and sweet that we won't be disappointed. We have to put our faith into HH. He hasn't failed us [intentionally--thinking about Gormogon] yet!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:24 am

I guess that they also learned something from the reaction the last season finale caused......some fans were really really disappointed
while I thought it wasn't a nice thing to let Zach be the accomplice, I could still see the logic behind their reasoning
he was the only possible target for a killer, who needs an accomplice and if it had just been someone we never met before it wouldn't have been all that interesting
so I guess they will do something similar this season too
a little shocking at first, but better than we thought in the end

I actually love reading interviews with HH
he is always trying very hard not to let anything slip
and he is also trying to give as much information as he can.....
it's a never ending struggle

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:14 am

Like he said, it's a Sword of Damocles... you never know which little thing could trigger a bunch of fangirls hurling themselves head-first off from the White Cliffs of Dover.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:25 am

Do you think the finale should come with a health warning before it airs?
Would all viewers please ensure they are tightly secured to a piece of heavy furniture, hide all sharp objects (remove any glasses or mirrors...the high pitched squeeeing...'nuf said!) and please ensure you are nowhere near a precipice or large body of water...or both. Very Happy

I'm quite a long way away from the White Cliffs of Dover...so I should be OK? Razz
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:46 am

LOL... "Warning, could cause serious health side-effects, such as: high-pitched sounds emitted from the vocal cords, jumping, grinning, laughing, convulsions, headaches, nausea, hurling of selves off from high cliffs, flight, long-winded conversations via the internet and telephone, creations of animated icons, multiple illegal downloads via the internet, multiple views of said episode, creations of fanvids, foaming at the mouth, crying, cramping of the cheeks from smiling so much, etc..."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by *Vodzu* Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:27 am

Are you saying that might be a case, like " Mouth that foam"? lol!
*Vodzu*
*Vodzu*
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 408
Say What You Want : Denial ain`t just a river in Egypt
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by shopgirl909 Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:58 am

"Stephen Fry loves doing "Bones.""

WELL DUH!! HAHA.

Although, I think that might have more to do with Hugh Laurie than with the actual cast, but still....I love him!
shopgirl909
shopgirl909
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 401
Location : San Diego, CA...though I wish it were London...*sigh*
Say What You Want : I want to be able to see more of the world.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BonesInOz Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:58 am

ForensicMama wrote:Lust among the squints, eh? That should be interesting? Maybe I should put my Cadgins-shippingness back into full gear? Laughing

Mama, I am a big Cadgins fan, I think they would be funny, smart and totally HOT, they make me laugh already Smile

And the warning you wrote - I think that will be my mantra for the next 9 weeks Laughing
BonesInOz
BonesInOz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 170
Say What You Want : What happens between us, that should just be ours.
Registration date : 2008-11-28

http://bonesundercover.podbean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah, Cadgins!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm so over Hodgela. Time to move on. I love Hodgins. Angela jerks him around too much. I think that Cadgins could really heat up the screen!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:46 am

Oh, I as much I do love the chemistry between Hodgins and Cam, I hope for the sake of all things holy that they don't ever go down that road. I mean, poor Cam! LOL. After spending all day time hiding from the sun, surrounded by dead bodies and our unruly squints, she needs someone who will treat her like a princess and won't have her worrying all the time about what's going to blow-up next in the lab. Razz

Besides, he's too hung-up on Angela. I guess that's what the lust comment is all about, no? H/A's little encounter in Cleopatra's bed. -oh, which reminds me, didn't they have Camera's installed in the storage area? I guess Cam herself is in for another show...

Sweets and Angela...Man, I laugh just at the thought. And I'd feel bad for Sweets. Angie would eat. him. alive. LOL!

HH is fantastic in interviews, but I have to say, this is one of his most tempered ones. It's like, he was being extra careful to not let the slightest detail slip-out. Loved his comments on the ideas for the show. If they ever did the arch. dig, I think I might die of geekiness.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:14 pm

I can see it now... Cam and Hodgins getting together... but it won't work out if he's hung up on Angela and she's always telling him what to do b/c she's his boss... so they argue... then go at it like animals... it would really be more like a fling than love... like HH said, "lust in the lab." So, I'm voting for the lust in the lab to be Cadgins.

As fun as it would be to see Angela EAT. SWEETS. ALIVE. (rofl), I'd really feel sorry for Sweets!!! Too sorry to ship them with efficiency!!! Laughing
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks for sharing the article! I was a little weary of the whole baby scenario at first, but I think I'm just gonna trust Hart. He hasn't disappointed me yet!
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Yup, that is what I am doing at this point: trusting Hart. That's about as much as I can handle at this point, what with all of the possible opportunities there could be for the finale. Trust Hart. I am going to repeat that to myself...over and over and over... Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:34 pm

He hasn't disappointed me, either. I think that he has this one wrapped up. He wouldn't put these two characters into this situation without knowing what he's doing. He knows that it could go badly if done wrong. He knows the consequences of doing this just to please the audience.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:07 pm

VERY true, Mama. The man has a lot of faith in his lead actors as well as lead characters. This show is all about the B&B relationship for him, so I think we can conclude that he won't steer us wrong...at least as far as the two of them are concerned.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Absolutely. The whole story... of all of the characters is just so wonderfully written. I love this show! *hugs everyone*
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by BonesInOz Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:17 pm

I too have said before that I trust HH totally with wherever he goes with this. This is HIS show and he knows exactly what he wants to happen and how it will evolve. He is going to give us loyal viewers what most of us want - forward movement to this wonderful relationship as well as make us want to watch it even more...

I haven't been this involved in a show since The X Files and I'm along for the whole ride! cheers

Last edited by bones_in_oz on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
BonesInOz
BonesInOz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 170
Say What You Want : What happens between us, that should just be ours.
Registration date : 2008-11-28

http://bonesundercover.podbean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:40 am

Me, too! Nothing can keep me from loving this show! heheheh Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:28 pm

bones_in_oz wrote:I haven't been this involved in a show since The X Files and I'm along for the whole ride! cheers

Me either! Well, I loved "Alias," but I still wasn't THAT into it. I have loved certain TV shows in the past, but I have never been as invested in one as I am with "Bones." This show just has a hold of me and it won't let go! Smile The characters are amazing and the chemistry that David and Emily have is priceless. David D. and Gillian A. had great chemistry in "The X-Files," but the big difference was that Chris Carter was always focused on the plot and not so much the relationship between Mulder and Scully. FINALLY, Carter had to give in and have them get together because of the fans. Hart is different. He has been invested in the B&B relationship from the very beginning. That's what makes me trust him even more. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum