Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain Obvious--K--OneShot

+7
bcriet
ForensicMama
missdebra87
Zeddie
kiisuke10
fairytales_end
Meegs82
11 posters

Go down

Captain Obvious--K--OneShot Empty Captain Obvious--K--OneShot

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:06 pm

This little one-shot is my first attempt at one in 2 years. I have only written 1 other one-shot and it was for a Booth Express challenge. If you have read my stuff before, you know that I am all about the long, multiple chapter stories.
*BUT* this was inspired by ForensicsMama when she posted over in the Spoilers thread. This li'l one-shot is ALL because of her, so thank you, Mama!!! Some of the dialogue is taken (with permission Smile) directly from Mama's post.

Please read, enjoy, and tell me what you think!

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

“I can do it myself, Bones,” Booth insisted as he tried to stuff his left arm into the sleeve of his suit jacket.

“Booth, you’ll re-injure your back if you don’t stop moving,” Brennan replied, attempting to hold on to the sleeve of the jacket as Booth spun away from her.

“Ha!” Booth shouted triumphantly, a giant grin on his face as he reached for his jacket sleeve.

Brennan rolled her eyes and jolted forward, succeeding in latching onto his sleeve as well as his collar.

“Bones, come on!” Booth groaned through partially gritted teeth as he turned a circle and nearly knocked a stack of files off of Brennan’s desk.

Brennan grasped his collar with her left hand and tried to brace against him in order to stop him from turning. It didn’t work.

“Just stand still and let me do it,” Brennan said as she braced tighter against him.

Booth rolled his eyes and his head and just as he opened his mouth to speak,

“Am I interrupting….again?” Agent Payton Perotta said with a smirk as she took in the sight in front of her: Brennan behind Booth, her arms around his midsection, Booth’s jacket half off, and a contorted look upon his face.

Booth and Brennan’s heads simultaneously turned in Perotta’s direction. Booth’s reaction spelled relief, Brennan’s confusion. Then they looked at each other and realizing their close proximity and the general disarray of Booth’s clothing, they broke apart, their eyes wandering for a spot to fixate. Brennan’s found Perotta.

“Agent Perotta, what are you doing here?” Brennan inquired, her tone brisk.

Perotta smirked yet again before addressing Brennan’s question.

“We have a case. Agent Booth, you aren’t supposed to be back until tomorrow,” Perotta replied, a quizzical look on her face.

“That’s what *I* told him, but he insisted on coming in,” Brennan replied, shooting Booth a long, drawn out glare.

Booth smiled faintly as he looked from Brennan to Perotta.

“Look, I’m fine. I needed to get out of my apartment and work is the perfect solution,” Booth replied.

“You should have waited another day,” Brennan replied, crossing her arms as she shook her head at Booth’s unbelievable disregard for his own health.

“I was bored and alone and I felt more needed here,” Booth replied with a bit of a whimper, aiming a small charm smile in Brennan’s direction as his bottom lip sagged ever so slightly.

“And no one thought to call me,” Perotta said to the bickering duo, her tone dripping with annoyance as she felt it completely unnecessary for her to be there. She could have been at yoga.

“Isn’t that the bureau’s job?” Brennan asked her.

“Well, since Agent Booth IS the bureau, that would kind of be…HIS job,” Perotta replied, smirking…again.

“You can’t blame it on him; he’s been on painkillers for a week. Vicodin impedes the electrical conductivity of the nerve channels within the brain. He’ll probably feel the effects for at least another few days. It’s entirely logical that he wouldn’t think to call you,” Brennan explained in the most genuine and reasonable fashion.

Perotta half frowned as she stared, bewilderingly at Brennan as she spoke. She had spent enough time with her to know that Dr. Brennan wasn’t joking.

At the same time, Booth’s lips turned upward into a sweet smile at the sound of her brainy explanation. His eyes lingered on her profile as a veil of dreaminess shrouded his face.

Perotta saw it.

“Right. Okay, then I-“ but Perotta couldn’t finish.

“In fact,” Brennan began as she turned sharply to Booth, “you shouldn’t even be driving!” she half-shouted as her eyes sent daggers through him.

Booth flinched and jerked his head, almost involuntarily, at her sudden outburst.

“You drove, didn’t you? Didn’t you?” Brennan interrogated, widening her eyes as far as she could without suffering a hemorrhage.

“Geez, Bones, will you chill out?” Booth replied, leaning his head back as he grimaced.

“No, I will not ‘chill out.’ You should not be driving, you should be at home, recovering. Have you been using the back pillow I brought you?” Brennan asked in an accusatory manner.

Booth rolled his head to the side and sighed.

“Bones, a mushy pillow isn’t going to do me any good. Now, your magic knuckles, they did some good,” Booth said, raising his eyebrows and chuckling at the words “magic knuckles.”

Perotta stood, slack-jawed, a quirky and knowing smile glued to her face. She could not believe the complete lack of intuition that these two possessed.

Brennan nearly rolled her eyes.

“The back pillow is made specifically to support the lower lumbar. It will help. You’re just too stubborn to use it,” Brennan replied with a “so there” jab of her chin.

“Bones, I appreciate the thought, but I’m fine. Magic knuckles did the trick and I’m perfectly…fabulously…fine,” Booth said, slowing his speech, smiling, and stepping towards Brennan as he spoke.

Brennan looked up into his eyes, which were hovering over her. Her gaze softened as he came closer. It was as though his voice had had a soothing effect on her senses; her heart rate dropped and her breathing slowed. She managed a small smile.

Perotta shook her head and sniggered to herself. She was pretty sure they had forgotten she was in the room.

“Fine, but you’re still not allowed to drive. Give me your keys,” Brennan insisted.

“Bones, I’m-“

“Fine, I know. Give me your keys,” Brennan repeated, holding out her hand.

“I can drive! I haven’t had a Vicodin in…well, a while. You want me to pee in a cup to prove it?” Booth exclaimed as he turned from her and started to pace.

“That won’t be necessary, your body is still filtering out the drugs,” Brennan explained, her hand remaining outstretched in front of her.

“Why are you being so protective?” Booth asked, his face pinched in annoyance.

“That’s it!” Perotta yelled as she flung her hands in the air.

Booth and Brennan snapped their heads over to her, having indeed forgotten that she was there.

Perotta walked to Booth, grabbed his arm, and pulled him towards Brennan. Booth was so stunned, he didn’t have time to react. She talked as she moved.

“I hate to be Captain Obvious here, but…Dr. Brennan,” she began as she looked Brennan straight in the eyes, “Agent Booth is in love with you.”

Brennan’s brow furrowed so deeply, her forehead almost caved in.

“Yeah. That’s right. Hopelessly, passionately, and madly in love with you,” Perotta continued.

Booth glanced at Brennan, then at Perotta, and then back at his arm, which Perotta was still grasping. His partial smile turned into a look of bewilderment as he attempted to open his mouth. Perotta didn’t allow him to speak.

“And Booth, not only are YOU in love with Dr. Brennan, but Dr. Brennan loves you back,” Perotta said, her eyes wide as she bobbed her head with each and every word.

Brennan’s eyes fluttered as her brain attempted to comprehend what Perotta had just said.

“Agent Per-“ but that was all she got out.

“You love him…he loves you,” she said, looking at Brennan, whose mouth was now agape, “you love her…she loves you,” she added as she looked to Booth. His jaw was half open as he glanced over at Brennan at the exact same moment she glanced at him. Both partners then glanced away, their eyes darting.

Perotta observed them for a moment and after gauging their reactions, she was satisfied.

She smiled. “There, now we’re all on the same page. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a yoga class,” Perotta finished.

She freed Booth’s arm, smiled broadly at both of them, whirled around, and strutted out of the office, leaving the partners with their jaws hanging, their eyes wide, and their hearts laid out on the table, exposed and free for them to do with as they wished.

Last edited by Meegs82 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Captain Obvious--K--OneShot Empty Re: Captain Obvious--K--OneShot

Post by fairytales_end Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:10 pm

The ending is fabulous Meegs! Brilliant work! I love it! Halfway through 25 simple words Very Happy Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks, Casey! And thanks for "listening" to my brainstorming. Very Happy
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by kiisuke10 Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:19 pm

it was really good. i lekd it wery much Very Happy
kiisuke10
kiisuke10

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 pm

i loved it!!! awesome!!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Captain Obvious--K--OneShot 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:44 am

Aww, Meegs. I loved it. Great job! =)
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Oh my gosh, Meegs!!! That was freaking fabulous!!! I loved it. I loved the bickering, the banter and Perotta--I really love her!--was perfect! Very Happy Great job!!! *high fives*

And, for the record, there were like three words that I wrote, it was all Meegs! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 pm

ForensicMama wrote:Oh my gosh, Meegs!!! That was freaking fabulous!!! I loved it. I loved the bickering, the banter and Perotta--I really love her!--was perfect! Very Happy Great job!!! *high fives*

And, for the record, there were like three words that I wrote, it was all Meegs! Very Happy

Nuh-uh, Mama! More than that. Observe: “That’s it!”...Dr. Brennan, Booth is in love with you...Yeah. That’s right...And Booth, not only are YOU in love with Dr. Brennan, but Dr. Brennan loves you back...Now, if you’ll excuse me

Those were ALL your idea, miss Mama! Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Just thought I'd point that out. Very Happy
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 pm

LOL... OK, then twelve words. But that's all I lay claim to! You should write more often, Meegs! I love your writing!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks, Mama! I *did* write quite a bit. I have a total of 9 stories (well, now 10) over at fanfiction.net. I used to post in the old Boneyard before the ABY was created. A few of my stories are here and have been bumped up because some people were interested. I've just been SO busy lately and haven't had much time to actually write. Plus I haven't really been inspired. So, *thank you* again for inspiring this one!!! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:20 pm

P.S. I also haven't had much time to *read* any fanfic. But I intend to read yours because I have heard good things! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm

This was an awesome cute story! You did a great job Smile
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Meegs82 wrote:I have heard good things! Smile

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Very Happy Thank you very much! Embarassed Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:58 am

bcriet wrote:This was an awesome cute story! You did a great job Smile

Thanks so much, bcriet! Smile Glad you enjoyed it.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 am

And Mama, you're welcome! But I will have MUCH more to say when I actually read! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

That was a fun read, Meegs! So glad that Perotta just couldn't take it anymore!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 pm

DBCrazy wrote:That was a fun read, Meegs! So glad that Perotta just couldn't take it anymore!!!

Hehe, I just kinda figured she would crack at some point. Especially since the "you really don't, do you?" comment at Brennan not knowing why Booth is so protective. And also her reaction to Booth's description of Brennan's "smooth skin" and "black silky hair." Smile SHE can see it, why can't they?!?! Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:That was a fun read, Meegs! So glad that Perotta just couldn't take it anymore!!!

Hehe, I just kinda figured she would crack at some point. Especially since the "you really don't, do you?" comment at Brennan not knowing why Booth is so protective. And also her reaction to Booth's description of Brennan's "smooth skin" and "black silky hair." Smile SHE can see it, why can't they?!?! Razz

I know! hahhaa Makes me really wonder what's going to happen next season and how they'll react to one another when the murkiness is cleared away a bit more!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:53 am

I really liked it.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am

Loved it, I always thought Angela would end up doing this, but I love that you had Blondie do it!!!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by agnerka81 Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Hmm i wonder if we could entice you to write a second chapter that has a girl moment between brennan and angela... somewhere along the lines of "...and then she said " ...love..." and angelas response is well duh sweetie I told you when the gravedigger had Booth that you love him."

Wow that right there is why i read fanfic and don't write it lol! Great story meegs!
agnerka81
agnerka81
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : This is my obsession, BONES, as far as obsessions go its not that bad...right?
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum