Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflections - Sequel to Elevator Games

+5
southerngirl
sweetie_dude
missdebra87
fairytales_end
flyersfan35
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reflections - Sequel to Elevator Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections - Sequel to Elevator Games

Post by Tan Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:48 am

And you know, I'm usually extremely anal about stuff like that, (his age), but I never even thought about it when I wrote it...I'd have to go back and reread it to see what I did wrong...lol.

Well, when Matt was married at age 23 Booth was 55 so that would make him 32 when Matt was born.

In cannon, we know Booth is 34-35 (though this is open to interpretation as well) the year Sully was in the picture with Bren.

Sooooo, that would make Booth at least 58 when Matt was married.

I'm really anal when it comes to these things too! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Reflections - Sequel to Elevator Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections - Sequel to Elevator Games

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 am

Tan wrote:
And you know, I'm usually extremely anal about stuff like that, (his age), but I never even thought about it when I wrote it...I'd have to go back and reread it to see what I did wrong...lol.

Well, when Matt was married at age 23 Booth was 55 so that would make him 32 when Matt was born.

In cannon, we know Booth is 34-35 (though this is open to interpretation as well) the year Sully was in the picture with Bren.

Sooooo, that would make Booth at least 58 when Matt was married.

I'm really anal when it comes to these things too! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Haha, thanks! I'll probably have to go back and change it...it will drive me crazy if I don't...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by saraluvzbonz Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am

love the avatar, fly, and the story too. :-)
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Three weddings - Part 3

Allie - 22

BBBBBBB

My first thought as I opened my eyes this morning was that this was going to be the day all my dreams came true. I guess every bride feels that way on her wedding day.

Getting up, getting dressed, doing all the normal things that I did every other day, but it was there, in the back of my mind. It wasn't just any other day. Today I would be married, and my life as I knew it would never be quite the same.

I sat there, on my bed, looking around my room, the place that had been my home since I was born, not counting college, when I had stayed on campus. This had been my haven, the place where I plotted and planned. Where Brianne and I shared our deepest, darkest secrets. Now it was time to leave it, and I found that I was sad. As excited as I was to start a new chapter in my life, I still wanted to cling tightly to the old.

My eyes fell on the pictures that sat on my dresser. Mom & Dad, with me as a baby. Parker, Matt and I with Mickey Mouse at Disney World. One of all 5 of us. Dad and me at my college graduation, just a few months ago. So many memories.

I got up and walked across the room to the bookshelf. Smiling to myself, I reached out and picked up Angel, the teddy bear Dad had given me when I was born. Mom liked to tell me stories about how I had dragged him everywhere. He was pretty worn and tattered by now, the halo sagging, one of the angel wings torn. I traced the clumsy stitches that attached the head to his body, remembering. I had been 4, and Matt had convinced me to let him use Angel for his latest game. I remembered taking him to Daddy, the tears sliding down my cheeks. He had picked me up in his strong arms. "Don't worry, princess, we'll fix him up right." He had kissed away my tears, then got a needle and thread. I had watched in fascination as my big, strong, tough guy daddy had lovingly sewed my bear's head back on, and I remember thinking that my daddy was the greatest in the world.

I smiled again, thinking of my Dad. From day one, he and I had a special bond. Mom said he was the only one who could make me stop crying, and that when I had seperation anxiety as a baby, it was with him, not her. She didn't sound jealous when she said it, just resigned to the fact that I was Daddy's girl. All I know is that my dad has always been my hero.

"Allie?" Mom called to me through the door. I opened it, and she greeted me with a huge smile. "It's almost time to leave for the church."

"Okay." I followed her out the door, turning and taking one last look around. I imagined that I could see myself, laying in bed, my dad sitting beside me, telling me a story, just like he used to.

BBBBBB

Booth

“Seeley, you need to stop fidgeting!” Whenever Bones called me Seeley, I knew she was serious. Standing in one of the rooms off the sanctuary of the church, she was trying to fix my bowtie. “I don’t fidget, Bones.” She just shook her head.

The truth was, I was nervous. I had watched my 2 sons get married, but somehow it's different when it's your only daughter. I worried. I didn't have a reason to. Nick was a great guy, and he treated Allie well, but... She was still my little girl. Age didn't matter.

The funny thing was, I should have had enough other things to worry about. She was joining the FBI, for goodness sake! Doing what I used to do, following in my footsteps.

"There." Temperance stepped back, looking at me, a certain sparkle in her eye.

"Are you finished, now?" She nodded, and I leaned down and kissed her, my Bones. It was amazing to me how much I loved her. She had been my rock through the last 24 years. Well, almost 27, if you counted the 2 1/2 years we had been just partners.

I smiled, thinking of how many times we had said that. 'Just partners'. We had never been just partners, and we had never fooled anybody, except maybe ourselves.

She squeezed my hand, and I gave her a grateful smile, before turning and walking out, down to the room where Allie was waiting. I paused outside the door, hearing her sweet laughter drifting out to me. She may have my smile, but she definately had her mother's laugh.

I knocked, opening the door when I heard her call out. Walking through the doorway, I suddenly stopped, and my breath caught. She looked absolutely beautiful. She looked up into my eyes, and I remembered the day she was born. The joy I had felt when they had put her in my arms.

Brianne whispered something to her best friend, then slipped out past me, giving me a smile, but I only had eyes for my daughter. Allie smiled at me, then pulled me into a hug. "Hey Daddy."

I smiled at her use of the childish name, then responded in kind. "Hey, Princess."

She stepped back, and noticed the tears in my eyes. "You can't start crying now, Dad! You'll get me started!"

We laughed together. I couldn't believe my little girl was getting married. It seemed like yesterday that I was running behind her, following her first wobbly attempt to ride her big girl bike.

I took a deep breath, trying to control my emotions, and held out my arm to her. "Ready?"

She nodded, then put her arm in mine. Seeming to read my mind, she leaned close to me, and whispered in my ear. "I'll always be your little girl, Dad." I only nodded, not trusting myself to speak, then turned and led her out the door.

BBBBBB

Bones

There's just something special about watching a daughter dancing with her father on her wedding day, especially when it's your own daughter. I sat at the table with Parker, Zoe, Matt and Jess, watching as Booth danced with Allie, and couldn't help but think back to my own wedding, and of dancing with my own father.

Booth had risked his career to find my father, and made sure he was at our wedding, just to make me happy. It was the most wonderful thing anyone's ever done for me, before or since.

He had never caught him, although I don't think he had tried quite as hard as he could have. He was torn between his sense of duty and his love for me. I had told him I understood, that my father should be in jail, but it was still hard for him.

He had shown up a few times after that, and I had always told Booth afterword. He would try to follow the leads, but it always ended up a dead end. I'm just happy he was able to see his grandchildren. Russ had called me to let me know that he had died of a heart attack, just a few months after Allie was born.

I turned my attention back to the dance floor. The song had changed, and Allie was now dancing with Nick. My beautiful daughter, who was going to join the FBI. I was so proud of her, and terrified at the same time. Knowing what trouble I had gotten into, working with Seeley, I knew what she was in for. Of course, as he reminded me all the time, she used her head a bit more than I had.

I knew he was pleased that she was following in his footsteps, and I never expected otherwise. Their bond was so strong, but I had never been jealous. Okay, maybe a little, but I loved watching them together. Father and daughter, so alike in every way.

I looked up and saw Seeley walking towards me, and I stood, waiting for him to reach me. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

He pulled me into his arms, my favorite place to be. I remembered the first time we had danced together, so many years ago. It had been one of our first cases, traveling out of town to Aurora, Washington. Even then, I had felt content in his arms.

I sighed, and he pulled back a little and looked down at me. "You okay, Bones?"

I smiled. "Don't call me Bones."

He laughed, then noticed the look on my face. "What are you thinking about, Temperance?"

I looked up into his eyes, eyes that always seemed to see inside me, past the walls I had tried to put up around me, and into my soul. "I'm thinking that I'm the luckiest woman in the world."
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:54 am

I am loving this, it is total awesomeness!!!!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:57 am

stop making me cry with your stories Wink
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 am

Thanks everyone! Sorry, but that's the last chapter...I'm glad you liked it, though.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:33 am

Oh no!!! Not the last chapter?? But what a way to end it... Tempe really IS the luckiest woman in the world. *sigh*
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:56 am

Well, if I would have gone any longer, I would have been writing their deaths, and I couldn't do that. lol.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

He laughed, then noticed the look on my face. "What are you thinking about, Temperance?"

I looked up into his eyes, eyes that always seemed to see inside me, past the walls I had tried to put up around me, and into my soul. "I'm thinking that I'm the luckiest woman in the world."

*sigh* There are no words... *tackle hugs*
Beautiful Crying or Very sad
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 pm

I just loved Fly you did a great job Smile you made me laugh and cry at the same time....just wonderful. Smile
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum