Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain --One Shot

5 posters

Go down

Rain --One Shot Empty Rain --One Shot

Post by Cameomum Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:24 am

“I. ..”

“No, don’t say it. Not like this, I’ll get better.”

“Booth,” she begged with desperation. Her eyes showing that she wanted to trust me, but she didn’t, she couldn’t. Not when her science told her she shouldn’t.

“No, I’m going to fight it and then we can talk,” I stubbornly cling to my resolve. I know that she would mean it, but it would feel coerced.

“I . . .the doctors. . . and I. . .” she gets stuck when she can no longer keep the tears from her voice.

I pull her into a hug as I try to reassure her, “Well, we just go with my gut instead of the doctors”.

“Booth. . .” I beg her with my eyes not to tell me statistics, not to tell me that my gut can’t beat this, for I’m pretending well, but I need her strength now and I can see when she changes what she was going to say. “ . . . we’re stronger as a team. I can help you, but only if you let me. We. . .” she pauses then bravely pushes on, “We’ve each pushed our feelings away for so long. I want to give in now Booth. I don’t want to fight that, not when we’ve got a more important fight. Please, let me do this at your side. In case, yo” she holds back a sob, “In case, your gut is wrong. I can’t do this with regrets”.

Unwillingly, I acquiesce and pull her into a kiss—our first without mistletoe. “Ok, Bones, ok. We’ll do this together,” I say with resignation. But maybe she’s right, maybe one battle is enough.

“Thank you” she says and I feel her body sag with relief. “Can I say it now? Or will you stop me again?” she tries teasing, but failing.

“Go ahead, but you know somehow I always thought I’d be first so, how about I just” I take up her attempt at teasing to lighten the mood.

“NO!”

“Competitive, much?”

“Booth” she whines.

Then looks up at me and I’m lost in her eyes. “I love you.”

Talk about feeling like being bowled over by a train, I mean I knew it. But hearing her say it is indescribable. “ I love you too, Bones,” I tell her with all the emotion that is threatening to overcome me. She buries her head into my neck so I won’t see her tears and I bury my head in her hair so she doesn’t see mine, hoping that somehow the doctors are wrong. That’ll we’ll have all the time in the world.

“Booth” she queries and the worry is back.

“Yes,” I take a deep breath, wondering what new problem she has already latched on while I was relieved over getting through one.

“How are you. . . I mean, have you. . .Booth. . .Parker”.

“Oh” the sigh is wretched out of me.

“I’m sorry, but Booth you . . .you’ll have to tell him”.

“I can’t,” I raggedly say, trying to breathe without sobbing.

She looks at me and I see strength. “He deserves to know, just in case. . .know you didn’t abandon, no, he’ll see you getting weaker—from the treatment,” she settles on arguing both with her heart and logic. For no matter, what the doctors numbers say I’m not ready to think about not . . .not, I’m just not ready to think about it.

Then a thought occurs and I’m helpless to stop it from overflowing, “Bones, maybe, maybe it’s a punishment.”

“Booth, no. You are a good man. And doesn’t your book say something about the rain falls on the just and unjust alike—which kind of doesn’t make sense cause rain falls on everything and everyone, but someone was telling me it’s a metaphor. . .”

I cut her off with a laugh and somehow we both feel like maybe things will be okay.

Cameomum
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Rain --One Shot Empty Re: Rain --One Shot

Post by Cameomum Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 am

As a random side note-- I love that the skeletons in the background really are a female and male.

Cameomum
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28 am

I like the skeletons, too! And I liked this one-shot! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 am

She didn't back down - and she got to say it first!! Thanks, Mama, I love a good one-shot and now I have to go to a party at church!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 am

that was great!! loved it!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Rain --One Shot 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 am

DBCrazy wrote:She didn't back down - and she got to say it first!! Thanks, Mama, I love a good one-shot and now I have to go to a party at church!!!

Oops! Cameomum wrote it, not me. Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScienceLove&Pie Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:22 pm

I thought that story was really good. It left some things unfinished, but otherwise I liked how you described Brennan's feelings towards Booth's illness.
ScienceLove&Pie
ScienceLove&Pie
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 98
Say What You Want : BEST QUOTE EVER: "No. No. No. I can't walk away. I never said that! Okay? Do you understand? I can't walk away! This is my kid! If I can't be involved I don't want her to have the baby!"
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:11 pm

ForensicMama wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:She didn't back down - and she got to say it first!! Thanks, Mama, I love a good one-shot and now I have to go to a party at church!!!

Oops! Cameomum wrote it, not me. Very Happy
I guess I got the tag line and the last reply line crossed in my wiring. Embarassed
Thanks, Mum, for this one-shot!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum