Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :)

4 posters

Go down

Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :) Empty Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :)

Post by PIMP Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:12 am

OK, I wrote this straight out of my head and onto the page. I couldn't get it out of my head, so I had to write it. Mistakes will be many. If it hurts your brain to read it, seek treatment immediately.
Also, I rarely get time to read stories here, I'm so sorry for that, so if for that fact this is similar to some else's story, sorry for that.
GAH! I'm so afraid! *runs away*
====================================================

Brennan sat in the chair next to Booth's kitchen counter, looking out at the front door of the his apartment, where Booth was saying goodbye to his son, Parker. Booth had Parker a few days leading up to Christmas, but now Parker was going to his mother's place to spend Christmas there. Booth was helping him get all his stuff together so he'd be ready when his mother got there.

Booth had wanted to take Parker out for some fun before he left, and he had invited Brennan along, knowing that Parker liked her, and maybe having someone else there would make things a little more relaxed between him and his son. He had little to worry about. Brenna's mind drifted back, replaying the day.

Booth had pulled out all the stops that evening. He wanted more than anything for Parker to enjoy himself before he left, so Booth unleashed all his charm and wit and playfulness through the course of the evening.
Booth always had a huge amount of unconscious charm, he drew people to him and they liked him immensely and he wasn't even aware of how or that he was doing it at all.. This day, he was actually trying to be funny and charming and witty, and the results were breathtaking.

They had started the day out by going to an amusement park, and Booth had spared no expense in taking Parker onto every ride, into every attraction, and every game he wanted to try. It was hilarious watching Booth carry around all those huge stuffed animals and toys he won for Parker. Stuffing them into the car was way more fun than something like that should have been. they collapsed in laughter many times in trying. Brennan recalled also, that everyone they met that day was either laughing or smiling widely after talking to Booth for a few minutes.

After that, they had gone to get something to eat. Booth, still trying to give Parker a good time, made an extra effort to be fun and make everyone around him have a great time, and he lit up the place with his charm and wit. He succeeded in spades, but a side affect, unknown to Booth, was an overflow of his attractiveness and sex appeal. He constantly had a huge charming grin on his face, he laughed and talked with animation and fun.

The young 20 something, or maybe even younger, waitress was dazzled almost speechless when she came to take their order. Booth joked and smiled and talked to her and unknowingly flirted with her the whole evening, every time she came to ask if the meal was OK, which was way more often then anybody else she was serving that evening. She seemed almost oblivious to Brennan and Parker. Brennan couldn't blame her. She could see why.

When they were dome the main course, and the waitress came around to offer them dessert, Brennan had the distinct feeling the sweet after-meal treat she was offering to Booth was nowhere on the menu. God, she even wondered if the little filly was going to sit in Booth's lap to take that order! But it didn't bother Brennan. She understood why the waitress was almost helpless with attraction for Booth. Without consciously trying, , he could ooze more raw sex appeal then just about anyone she had ever met. Tonight, letting himself really go, he could have had any woman in the room. Brennan blushed( SHE blushed!! Unbelievable!) at that thought, and mentally wrestled with herself, trying not to allow herself to be included in that group.

Booth, in dolling out attention to Parker and Brennan, had told jokes,said insane stuff, and had done things with the food and the salt and pepper shakers and menu and just about everything else within arm's reach that had had Parker and Brennan laughing hysterically.

Brennan in particular kept laughing all the air from her lungs. On more than one occasion, bent over the table, tears coursing down her cheeks, her arms wrapped around her stomach, unable to inhale, convulsing helplessly and silently in rib cracking, abdomen agonizing laughter, she dimly wondered if it was, indeed, possible to die from laughing. She was convinced that sooner or later she would expire if she didn't breath in soon. Fortunately she survived. Barely.

After the food, they went to a movie, where more of the same went on, and Brennan wondered if she would be able to walk the next day, she would be so sore from all the laughing. She couldn't remember much about the movie, itself, all she remembered was her and Booth and Parker having the time of their lives there.

Now, the evening was over, and they were back at Booth's apartment and getting ready to send Parker off with his mother. Booth was still joking around, and had both of them still smiling and laughing while getting Parker's stuff piled by the door.They had opened a couple of presents Booth had gotten for him, (which Booth had seemed to enjoy more than even Parker did) and that added to the pile.
Brennan was convinced Parker would sleep for two days straight after this, exhausted from the day and the laughing, because that's the way she felt.

There was a knock at the door, and suddenly Booth's smile evaporated.
Just as quickly he painted it back on, as Parker looked up at him and said almost glumly, "Guess that's mom."

"Hey", Booth said to him. "You'll have a great time at your mom's.There's some extra special presents there for you, and I sent over a few more. You'll have a great day, you wait and see!

Booth knelt down to hug him and say a few soft words of goodbye, and Brennan was struck by the scene. It amazed her how that big, broad shouldered, athletic soldier's body of Booth's, a body trained to maim or kill if necessary, could be so exquisitely gentle.

She watched as Booth said goodbye, remembering how great the day had been, how Booth had made sure they both had fun, how Booth had included her in everything and how he had even seemed to draw her out of her intellectual fortress. He had managed to set her up a number of times so she could make a rare(for her) humorous joke or comment, which brought a delightful giggle from Parker or a hearty guffaw from Booth. It was such a great day, she just never wanted it to end.

Brennan watched as Parker's mother gathered him and all his stuff up, and saw the moment of pain pass over booth's face as they left and he closed the door. She fought the urge to go hug him, in an effort to make him feel better. But before she could react one way or the other, that big charming smile was back on his face, and he came over and stood beside her.

"That was a great day", he said with real satisfaction, "Parker really seemed to have a good time. I wanted him to so much! He really likes you to. I'm glad you decided to come along....I.......I wanted you there very much." Booth was suddenly regarding her with unguarded intensity.

"Yes it was a great day", Brennan said, not looking at him. "It was one of the......no.......it was the best time I ever had. Parker will remember this forever, I'm sure", she added quickly.

She reached up and put her hand on her car keys, which had been laying on the counter beside her.

"Well, I should get going." Brennan said. She had said it as a statement. Why, then, did it seem to hang in the air as a question?

Booth put his hand over hers, and Brennan was again struck by the masculine power of it, and the incredible gentleness in it. Suddenly, unbidden, the idea of those strong, gentle hands roving over her body flashed through her mind like a storm, and dammit, she was blushing like a school girl again!

"Bones......Brennan........Temp?" Each version of her name seemed to be a greater effort to reach her. She looked up into his eyes, those gorgeous, expressive eyes, saw the longing there, and she listened to him say one more word.

"Stay?"

And she knew she would.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :) Empty Re: Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :)

Post by ToZiKa Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:19 am

Well who wouldn't?
Really?
I wouldn't be able to walk away after THAT....
Will there be more?
I would love to read another chapter, pimp!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :) Empty Re: Stay. A story by ...well.....me! :)

Post by PIMP Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:28 am

I dunno Toz, this exhausted me. Like I said, I got the idea, and wrote it all down in one go, I haven't thought past this at all.
Maybe. Ya never know.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 am

I would read it for sure....come on you can't leave your fans hanging now can you?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 am

I'll do my best. Maybe after a few days, I really had nothing in mind after this. Maybe a good sweaty bout of smut? ^^

Thanks for reading it Toz. Smile
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saraluvzbonz Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 am

Hm... the day you described sounds like a lot of fun. I liked this line: Without consciously trying, he could ooze more raw sex appeal then just about anyone she had ever met.

Contrary to your statement at the beginning, I didn't notice a lot of grammar or spelling errors. And you have a pretty good handle on formatting conversation.

However, I do think you could benefit from having a good beta. I noticed several places where it seemed like you over explained. A good beta will help you simplify.

Writing does take a lot of mental and emotional effort. Sometimes it's good to let something sit for a bit and the come back to it.
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 am

saraluvzbonz wrote:Hm... the day you described sounds like a lot of fun. I liked this line: Without consciously trying, he could ooze more raw sex appeal then just about anyone she had ever met.

Contrary to your statement at the beginning, I didn't notice a lot of grammar or spelling errors. And you have a pretty good handle on formatting conversation.

However, I do think you could benefit from having a good beta. I noticed several places where it seemed like you over explained. A good beta will help you simplify.

Writing does take a lot of mental and emotional effort. Sometimes it's good to let something sit for a bit and the come back to it.

Thanks, and you're right. I wrote this out all in one go, right out of my head and onto the page here, as it were. I don't have a lot of time to do this sort of thing, so its always a rushed thing. but it was fun. ^^ Thanks for the comments. Smile
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:58 am

I'm glad you couldn't get it out of your head and had to write it down. That was a good read - and these days one-shots are about all I have time for! But if you have more in you, don't hesitate to go for it!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I'm glad you couldn't get it out of your head and had to write it down. That was a good read - and these days one-shots are about all I have time for! But if you have more in you, don't hesitate to go for it!!

Thanks! Smile
I'm the same way, only time for one shots, and if I write something, its the same thing. I know this could have been tidied up some, but I had to get it done quick and then on to real life.
Besides, when I seee some of the EXCELLENT writers here, its kind of daunting. LOL

Thanks again.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:23 am

PIMP wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I'm glad you couldn't get it out of your head and had to write it down. That was a good read - and these days one-shots are about all I have time for! But if you have more in you, don't hesitate to go for it!!

Thanks! Smile
I'm the same way, only time for one shots, and if I write something, its the same thing. I know this could have been tidied up some, but I had to get it done quick and then on to real life.
Besides, when I seee some of the EXCELLENT writers here, its kind of daunting. LOL

Thanks again.
I agree! We do have some very, very good writers here!

But don't be daunted. No Here's to your next One-Shot!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum