Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel

+10
Shakari
Cassiopeia
ForensicMama
arno
fairytales_end
Meegs82
Teardropsonmyguitar
willgirl
Fluffernutter
bugaboo628
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel Empty The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:07 am

Here is a small article/video I ran across of Emily talking about "green secrets".

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"Vegan actress Emily Deschanel sat down with Sprig.com in Los Angeles to talk about what makes Bones green, and dish on where you can buy vintage clothes for a dollar a pound, plus other green secrets."
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel Empty Re: The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 am

She's so great!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel Empty Re: The Green and Fabulous Emily Deschanel

Post by willgirl Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks for the post!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:22 pm

the only thing i don't like about vegans is they are like the crazy christians, they want everyone to believe what they believe so they guilt you into believing. Whether it's you're a sinner and you're going to hell, or you are a murderer. It's like, if the rest of us wanted to be like you we would, we don't need you pushing it in our face that we are wrong or whatever. Like the part that she said she would embarrass someone for not being green, if she did that to me, i'd smack her in the face or do something to piss her off.

I love Emily, but seriously I don't care that a cow died for my leather jazz shoes, I don't care that I killed a chicken and made fried chicken. Nature is how nature is, At least i didn't devour it while it was still alive. It just irritates me when crazies try to make everyoe just like them it's like, let it go, good for you for going green (btw, i support that) and being a vegan, but i like my chicken nuggets and my ice cream, and i don't care that an animal died for it.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:the only thing i don't like about vegans is they are like the crazy christians, they want everyone to believe what they believe so they guilt you into believing. Whether it's you're a sinner and you're going to hell, or you are a murderer. It's like, if the rest of us wanted to be like you we would, we don't need you pushing it in our face that we are wrong or whatever. Like the part that she said she would embarrass someone for not being green, if she did that to me, i'd smack her in the face or do something to piss her off.

I love Emily, but seriously I don't care that a cow died for my leather jazz shoes, I don't care that I killed a chicken and made fried chicken. Nature is how nature is, At least i didn't devour it while it was still alive. It just irritates me when crazies try to make everyoe just like them it's like, let it go, good for you for going green (btw, i support that) and being a vegan, but i like my chicken nuggets and my ice cream, and i don't care that an animal died for it.

Oh wow...SERIOUSLY?!?! Did you actually WATCH the video? For starters, the video was done for a specifically "GREEN" website, so obviously, she's going to be talking about how to go green/how she does "green." Secondly, in absolutely NO way did she "push" her beliefs on anyone during that interview. Yes, some vegans are like "the crazy Christians," Emily however, is NOT. Guilting people? Where on EARTH did you get that out of her interview? She was talking about her contributions to making the earth a better place; she wasn't telling other people that THEY should do the same thing. She wants to help conserve energy and she is being asked by a GREEN website how she goes about doing so. What is "pushy" and overbearing about that?

As for the comment on "embarrassing people on set," she was saying that in the context of the show. The people behind the show are trying to be green and the production people are the ones who started using the environmentally friendly "canteens." Even if she "encouraged" it, as she said. Helping the environment is obviously very important to her, so she tries to educate other people on just HOW important it really is. She's enthusiastic about it. It's like someone who loves, let's say...a TV show. That person probably gets excited about it and tries to inform everyone else about just how great this TV show is. It's just, with Emily, it's the environment...which is of greater significance than a TV show anyway.

Seriously, I don't like to get into arguments on the ABY, but this quite literally offended me. "Smack her in the face?" That is flat out insulting and extremely rude. You don't know her. And you don't see her slinging paint on people wearing fur or chaining herself to fences or picketing at the front door of the National Meat Association.

Good God, give her a break! She has an interest in the environment and in protecting animals and she's trying to share her enthusiasm with other people...so sue her.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Well, good on her...
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:the only thing i don't like about vegans is they are like the crazy christians, they want everyone to believe what they believe so they guilt you into believing. Whether it's you're a sinner and you're going to hell, or you are a murderer. It's like, if the rest of us wanted to be like you we would, we don't need you pushing it in our face that we are wrong or whatever. Like the part that she said she would embarrass someone for not being green, if she did that to me, i'd smack her in the face or do something to piss her off.

Oh wow...SERIOUSLY?!?! Did you actually WATCH the video? For starters, the video was done for a specifically "GREEN" website, so obviously, she's going to be talking about how to go green/how she does "green." Secondly, in absolutely NO way did she "push" her beliefs on anyone during that interview. Yes, some vegans are like "the crazy Christians," Emily however, is NOT. Guilting people? Where on EARTH did you get that out of her interview? She was talking about her contributions to making the earth a better place; she wasn't telling other people that THEY should do the same thing. She wants to help conserve energy and she is being asked by a GREEN website how she goes about doing so. What is "pushy" and overbearing about that?

As for the comment on "embarrassing people on set," she was saying that in the context of the show. The people behind the show are trying to be green and the production people are the ones who started using the environmentally friendly "canteens." Even if she "encouraged" it, as she said. Helping the environment is obviously very important to her, so she tries to educate other people on just HOW important it really is. She's enthusiastic about it. It's like someone who loves, let's say...a TV show. That person probably gets excited about it and tries to inform everyone else about just how great this TV show is. It's just, with Emily, it's the environment...which is of greater significance than a TV show anyway.

Seriously, I don't like to get into arguments on the ABY, but this quite literally offended me. "Smack her in the face?" That is flat out insulting and extremely rude. You don't know her. And you don't see her slinging paint on people wearing fur or chaining herself to fences or picketing at the front door of the National Meat Association.

Good God, give her a break! She has an interest in the environment and in protecting animals and she's trying to share her enthusiasm with other people...so sue her.
In relation to both posts. I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Teardrops, maybe you got the wrong impression from the video but Emily was just sharing her views. How she encourages people on the set is valid as it is a large work place, and also she does know these people so I think it's better there. And Meegs, she was just expression her opinion, although Teardrops maybe you could word it a little better next time..

Don't take any of this the wrong way...
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 pm

I completely understand people are entitled to their own opinions. I just couldn't see how this specific opinion could possibly be justified. I am always open to healthy discussion, though. And *I* don't take anything the wrong way, Casey. You have your own opinion as well. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Alright Smile Glad you didn't get offended
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:04 pm

I don't get offended very easily...usually. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 pm

P.S. What is the quote in your signature from?
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 pm

P.S.
The first is from "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor
The middle bit's not a quote
The third is from "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 am

Meegs82 wrote:

I think you got me wrong here, which is understood. I was saying when she said that about embarrassing people is what triggered that thought in my mind, that i don't think i ever met a vegan who didn't try and make me feel like i was a horrible person for eating meat. Which is always funny, cause then it just makes me want to eat more.

I just think in general, your enthusiasms are not the enthusiasms of your coworker, so keep them to yourself, like i don't go around and try to get everyone into dancing or that everyone should be singers, because it's not everyone else's passion. Though, it's different if in conversation it came up than fine. But i hate it in general, when others push their beliefs on you like we give a crap and/or actually think we're gonna be just like them.

I wasn't putting down Emily at all, i don't care what she eats or doesn't or what she wears or doesn't wear, but if ever i met her and she said anything about my life, i would smack her, it's annoying, how about I push my beliefs on her, Gee, I hope she has a good relationship with God. It's fine to disagree, but don't tell me I'm wrong for it, it's my life, she has hers and i have mine. Though the probability of us ever crossing paths is pretty much nil so it's fine.

However, I commend her on her choice of lifestyle and I stand behind going green, I do what I can to go green however, she has a bigger bank account to do so than I do, But we do what we can.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean too, I was stating my point. I'm sorry.
And Meegs, you know me and how much I respect and look up to Emily, so you know this isn't a personal attack on you or her. Just a general opinion on the majority of vegans... and crazy christians cause they annoy me as well.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by arno Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 am

I read this interview of her in Hollywood Life where she says she gets teased a lot for being vegan, so maybe she just teases back. We know nothing about her relationship with those people and I don't think she goes to random people and tells them how they should live their lifes. So you should be saved from smacking her when you two meet someday.

arno

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:55 am

Welcome to the ABY, Arno!!!!!

First of all, it was the "crazy Christian" comment that got to me. But I'm not going to comment on that.

Emily's always been more of a lead-by-example type, so I respect her and her beliefs. And it's not like she has something horrific in mind as an end goal. She is thinking about the planet and everyone in it when she does, so I respect her. My hubby hung over my shoulder when we were watching it and he said, "Oh, my G-d" and rolled his eyes, so I put up with that daily. I've heard the "a carrot is a carrot" speech long before the Secret in the Soil.

Arno, you're so very right. People on the cast are friends and family to each other. They see each other daily. David teases her, she teases him right back. I'm sure it's the same with Tamara, Michaela, TJ and the rest of the people on the crew.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:58 am

I had to add this: I actually respect her MORE for being a vegan and being so open about her beliefs because she doesn't give into the Hollywood-ized peer pressure (AKA buy everything to look more rich than the next guy, wear expensive clothing made of leather and goodness knows what because it's expensive).
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:13 am

For me - Emily being a vegan and environmentalist, is like a cherry to the top of the cake. I am studying environment myself and I really like to be a vegan (sigh, I haven't managed that yet). And... Seeing her talking about the stuff that really matters, just warms my heart. Cause she has got the same thinking as me... about the environment. She is a guiding light to me Smile I mean. I adore her just the way she is. Smile She is the most normal human in Hollywood....Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:33 am

I just totally had this whole thing typed up and then I lost it. Anyway I was saying that you missed my point and that it's not about emily. If you know she was my favorite actress and she's my favorite actress and she's my favorite character but that doesn't mean I have to agree with her. I respect her and it's her life. As for the Christians, I believe in god but I don't need y'all telling me how to live or what to believe or else I'm wrong and will go to hell. Even still, it's my life, worry about
Your own and stop worrying about me. Anyways all this Christian Stuff comes from personal experience and I'll go into detail if you really Care you can pm me.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:57 am

Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:

I think you got me wrong here, which is understood. I was saying when she said that about embarrassing people is what triggered that thought in my mind, that i don't think i ever met a vegan who didn't try and make me feel like i was a horrible person for eating meat. Which is always funny, cause then it just makes me want to eat more.

I just think in general, your enthusiasms are not the enthusiasms of your coworker, so keep them to yourself, like i don't go around and try to get everyone into dancing or that everyone should be singers, because it's not everyone else's passion. Though, it's different if in conversation it came up than fine. But i hate it in general, when others push their beliefs on you like we give a crap and/or actually think we're gonna be just like them.

I wasn't putting down Emily at all, i don't care what she eats or doesn't or what she wears or doesn't wear, but if ever i met her and she said anything about my life, i would smack her, it's annoying, how about I push my beliefs on her, Gee, I hope she has a good relationship with God. It's fine to disagree, but don't tell me I'm wrong for it, it's my life, she has hers and i have mine. Though the probability of us ever crossing paths is pretty much nil so it's fine.

However, I commend her on her choice of lifestyle and I stand behind going green, I do what I can to go green however, she has a bigger bank account to do so than I do, But we do what we can.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean too, I was stating my point. I'm sorry.
And Meegs, you know me and how much I respect and look up to Emily, so you know this isn't a personal attack on you or her. Just a general opinion on the majority of vegans... and crazy christians cause they annoy me as well.

I am sorry that every vegan you have met has been pushy and has made you feel bad for eating meat. I am vegan. My children are not, none of my friends are, and noone in my family is. People ask alot of questions as to why I am, what I eat, do I buy special clothes, etc. I tell people what I do and why I do it. I think that could be perceived to an outsider as being pushy. Emily was "doing what I do", you just were not the one asking the questions.

On the 'Bones' side of things, Emily has had an influence on her co-workers with the causes she supports. One example if the Farm Sanctuary, David is involved in that now. He is not as active as her, but he makes his presence known.

I do find it hard to believe that you don't have a problem with Emily ~ you didn't sell me on that after you mentioned that you want to smack her.

I do hope the vegans stop ganging up on you though! You have just had bad experiences. 1 sure way to get them away from you ~ carry a stick of beef jerky or something in your purse or pocket at all times. If someone starts lecturing you, just pull it out and start gnawing on it ~ I guarantee that the person will walk away! Smile
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 am

I'm sorry, too, that you've had bad experiences with Vegans. I had a good friend once that was Vegan. She explained to me why she made her decision to be Vegan, and she respected my choice to continue eating what I eat. My two best friends all through high school were vegetarian. They NEVER disrespected me. It really just depends on the person. In my opinion, Emily is not trying to force anything on anyone. From the interviews I've seen, I just don't think she's that kind of person. She has character. She has class. I know that I don't know her personally, and have never met her, but from what I'v seen (or read) of her, she's a respectful person.

Again, vegans in general are not pushy like that. It looks to me like you've just run into some pushy people. There are some of those out there... Very Happy
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Tears, I know you look up to Emily and I know that you are a meat-lover. Fine. It still does not excuse what you said. I don't think I misunderstood you at all. You were responding to a video OF Emily being interviewed. Why would I think that you were NOT talking about her? Especially in regards to "smacking" her. I can understand your frustration with the people you have apparently run into who are vegan...but this vid was about Emily specifically. Your response to it seemed as though it were directed at her. If it was not intended to be, perhaps you should have said that.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Tears, I know you look up to Emily and I know that you are a meat-lover. Fine. It still does not excuse what you said. I don't think I misunderstood you at all. You were responding to a video OF Emily being interviewed. Why would I think that you were NOT talking about her? Especially in regards to "smacking" her. I can understand your frustration with the people you have apparently run into who are vegan...but this vid was about Emily specifically. Your response to it seemed as though it were directed at her. If it was not intended to be, perhaps you should have said that.

It's fine you THINK you understood me, however apparently you did not. Whether or Not this was a video OF Emily or Not, all I said was that one thing she mentioned triggered a thought in my mind and I wrote it, sue me for expressing my write to free speech. All of you are sitting here thinking heaven forbid if I ever met her, the first thing i would do is "smack" her....

You know what? chill the hell out people, calm down. All I did was make a comment to a general group of people and now i get chewed up. Rest assure that I will NEVER meet Emily so she won't be smacked by my own hands. My comment was NEVER directed to Emily personally, If you want to keep on believing that, fine, I can't change your mind obviously. But really, If it bothers you that much, you might need to get some help.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:05 am

I think in regards to any issue, everyone has their side. So let's be calm and not fight Very Happy Back to the interview, I thought it was pretty cool. I definitely like Emily and think she would be cool to talk to in person.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 am

I really liked that interview. I'm not a vegan myself and I don't think I'll ever be, but I care for the environment. So I really enjoy these interviews of her where she gives advices to be green. (like in these Green-spots by Fox)...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:56 am

well all i can say......is GO EMILY......keep telling the world what you do and what you believe in......educating peeps is the best thing you can do.....and while maybe not all will choose to be vegan or vegetarian.....(i did manage to do it for a year)..there are other ways to be kind to the earth........and in my opinion.........she rocks.......

and to educate her co-stars and crew to be green......fantastic.......
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next