Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes

+10
jagglebells
bones206
Zeddie
fairytales_end
Shakari
sadhbh
Meegs82
ForensicMama
flyersfan35
otismotis
14 posters

Go down

American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes Empty American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes

Post by otismotis Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 am

As usual American Idol is taking over Fox almost all week. I thought with Bones moving to Thursdays, we would be safe, but that is not the case. We got 2 episodes this week, none for the next two weeks because of American Idol auditions, then I think 2 episodes in February and more interruptions by American Idol. If American Idol works so well for Fox, then why don't they air it for 2 hours on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. As that is not going to happen, we just have to put up with it. No, I am not a fan of American Idol, which always seems to dominate the other shows that Fox has on and especially my beloved Bones.
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes Empty Re: American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:23 am

Blame Fox. They're the ones that make the stupid schedule, and don't show Bones the respect it deserves.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes Empty Re: American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:33 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, FOX!!! YOU SUCK! Evil or Very Mad
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:35 am

WHAT?! AI is taking over ANOTHER night of Bones?! I knew about next week, which is lame. I'm sorry to those fans of AI out there, but I cannot STAND that show!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:36 am

Are you frickin serious? The stations over here would never paly around wth schedules like that! Ridiculous!
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 2966
Say What You Want : Must. Resist. Spoilers!!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:43 am

Yes, but like I said, you can't blame the show, blame the network. I mean, House gets lots more recognition than Bones, and it has pushed them out of timeslots before, but I can't imagine hating the show for that...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm a semi-fan of American Idol...but FOX shouldn't push its other shows around like they do (namely Bones). I know I don't just speak for myself when I say I'M FED UP WITH THEM. *shakes fist*

We'll still get our episodes, though. It's just gonna take some time. Maybe we'll be having new episodes when a bunch of other shows have finished their seasons. XD
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:27 pm

That's so crappy...We have the assigned spot on Channel 10 for Australian Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Biggest Loser etc. so it never interferes with shows...plus Bones is on 7 Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:02 am

GRRR!! I hate Fox when it messes with Bones!!!! Evil or Very Mad and I hate American Idol! no offence to anyone who likes it
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
American Idol Interfering with Future Bones Episodes 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 am

I like American Idol, but I hate it when people make it a bigger deal than it is. It's not THAT great. It's way overrated, in my opinion.
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 am

I don't hate American Idol, but I'm not about to watch it. I mean, the whole idea of the show is O.K., but like Shakari said, the show is way overrated.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Amen. The first couple times are okay. But seriously.. how many American Idols can you have?

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 am

I hate that Fox parades that show around like it's the high school star quarterback and making everyone else suffer for it's glory. American Idol needs to end, i don't care if it's number one, it needs to be a summer show, that way it doesn't interfere with the good shows, like Bones.

I wish there was a way we could all ban together and take that stupid show down.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:09 am

Some people, myself included, like that show. And it's not the show's fault, it's Fox's fault. And like it or not, it's a success.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 am

I don't like the shows like AI but that's not the point for me. The point is... JUST HOW MANY EPISODES will air in February?! Still 2 or is it only 1 now?!?!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:30 am

Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:...it needs to be a summer show...

That's a good idea. There's not much going on on TV during the summer, so tons and tons of people would watch it. Its already sky-high ratings would probably rocket. Hmm... I don't really mind it where it's at, though. Remember, we'll still get all of our episodes, we just might have to wait a little while. Bones is worth waiting for. Very Happy
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:01 am

I don't mind the show so much as the fact Fox puts so much stock in it, that they'll sacrifice pushing back a couple of episodes of any other show just so AI can be on two and sometimes even three nights a week. It gets tiring. I'm not even talking about JUST Bones either.

Anyway, I know we'll get our episodes, but we'll have to wait longer. As far as how many episodes we're getting, I thought there were three in February? One on the 2nd, and then a week off, then the last two weeks we were getting episodes? Or not, I'm not sure. I'd prefer continuity, but meh. As long as we get Booth at some point or another, I'll be fine.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:22 am

Oh, I agree with Fox putting it first, it's definitely not right. And don't get me wrong, I'm upset about it...I just don't blame the show. But despite the fact that Fox keeps pushing Bones around, it still has millions of loyal fans, so I'm happy about that. I do wish it would just freaking be on every week, like other normal shows...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 am

I don't know why fox just doesn't move Bones to FX so that way it won't get pre-empted by AI and other crap. FX has Nip/Tuck, Damages and Sons of Anarchy. So it would fit. We Bones fans deserve respect just like the show does. BONES RULES!

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:56 am

I only have basic cable, and wouldn't be able to watch if it were moved to FX. That would suck. I'd cry. Sad
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum