Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory

+9
ForensicMama
Tan
Zeddie
MoonlightGardenias
Fluffernutter
Meegs82
willgirl
fairytales_end
DBCrazy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory Empty movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Back in the summer of 2007 David was working on a movie being filmed back in Pennsylvania. (They even shot some of it where he went to high school!) It's based on a true story of a small Catholic college that wins the first national championship in women's basketball back in 1972. It sounds like a great sports film, and I've been wondering when it's going to come out. The other day I wrote an email to the production company in charge of the film. They wrote back and said that it is currently scheduled for an April release. Yea!!!! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory Empty Re: movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory

Post by fairytales_end Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Wow, can't wait!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory Empty Re: movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory

Post by willgirl Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 am

Hurray! Finally a release date! Is that for theatrical or dvd?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:08 am

It's actually coming out? About damn time!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:24 am

It was just a really quick answer and they didn't specify theatre or DVD. I'm not expecting this one to go straight to DVD though. We can hope anyway!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:44 pm

The other night I was clicking through the channels and I saw the credits rolling for "Glory Road" where the real basketball players are talking about their road to the championship. I thought to myself, Emily's in that movie, she's the team's coach's wife.

Then I kinda crooked my head because I realized that in David's new movie "Our Lady of Victory", that's coming out soon, he's the championship team's coach's husband!!
I thought that was pretty funny!! Basketball lol!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:06 am

Oooooooooooh, coincidence?! I think not!!!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:43 am

Hehe....SO not a coincidence. Rolling Eyes Smile

Looking forward to this movie though. I'm not really big on that many sports movies, but yeah...seeing David on the big screen? Would so totally be awesome. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:57 am

me too! i want to see this movie! even though I don't like sports!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
movie with David in it - Our Lady of Victory 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Man, so many that don't like sports movies! I would've never thought that.

They're some of my favorites. So much so that the only time I've even spent time thinking about writing a fanfic was around Booth getting to take Parker to see the Phillies in the final game of the World Series, and then again to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl!

Dang, I wish I could write!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:08 am

I'd love to see a fic that had that sort of dynamic in it! I can't write to save my life either, so I just live vicariously through all those wonderful authors around.

As for this particular movie... how big is the part? If it's not a main one, I just don't think it would be worth my $15 to go see it. I'll just wait till it comes out on DVD and then drool on my own time! Laughing
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 am

I wrote again to find out when it's scheduled to come out ...

-----Original Message-----
From: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] [mailto:info@quakermedia.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: olov - release?

The release date has been pushed back, we awaiting word from the studio on a new date. (Originally scheduled for April until Hannah Montana announced April 10 as her release date and we cannot compete with her!)

Thanks for your continued interest.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Ah, that's why they moved Harry Potter back too..
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks Sherry Smile
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Awesome! April release. Very Happy

I'm also looking forward to My Sister's Keeper where Emily makes a cameo. After Bones, these two are going to be HUGE. I can see Emily's movie career taking off and DB doing a lot of directing.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:11 pm

ForensicMama wrote:Awesome! April release. Very Happy

I'm also looking forward to My Sister's Keeper where Emily makes a cameo. After Bones, these two are going to be HUGE. I can see Emily's movie career taking off and DB doing a lot of directing.
No Mama, not an April release. That's when it was going to be, but now that Hannah Montana's putting out her (whatever) they're going to push it back again. Sad
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:01 am

Thank you for the DB movie news. I so wanna watch this movie and soooonn Very Happy:D
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:55 am

Chocolate Chip wrote:Thank you for the DB movie news. I so wanna watch this movie and soooonn Very Happy:D
Oh, me too! I was all dumpy when I read the email about it being pushed back again.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:25 am

Totally Very Happy Very Happy I'm like, Hannah Montana, whatever, Grr!! Bring on the DB movie! Very Happy at least they are looking for a new date for OLOV, so that is soooo good to hear Very Happy Very Happy
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:48 am

This is an interview with one of the actresses in "Our Lady of Victory". David is mentioned but I am posting this because it mentions the release.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

As for her other projects, the biographical “Our Lady Of Victory” stars Carla Gugino, David Boreanaz and Ellen Burstyn, and recounts the story of Cathy Rush, the basketball coach in the 1970s at all-female Immaculata College in Malvern (now co-ed Immaculata University). Ms. Rush took the team, then no basketball powerhouse, to win national championships in 1972-74. Ms. Karl appears in a supporting role as the student government treasurer.

“Our Lady Of Victory” was filmed in West Chester and at Immaculata, and will have a theatrical release later this year.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:25 am

Thanks for updating!
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 am

I posted a pic of David from this movie, then went out to the website. Here's a clip they have up of the movie. It sets you up for the story, which looks to be pretty interesting, at least to me. I love sports flicks, and this was a very interesting time to be a woman who played sports!

(But if you're watching to get a glimpse of David, he's not in this. No )

The video quit showing up for me so I put it in as a link too.

Last edited by DBCrazy on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : revised link)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:19 pm

2007 interview on OLOV

Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:20 pm

2007 interview with DB video on set

Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Old info on the movie

Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum