Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth's Past

5 posters

Go down

Booth's Past Empty Booth's Past

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:37 am

In one episode Booth tells Gordon Wyatt "Wrong tree Doc, dad and I were tight" then in Con Man he admits his father drank and we find out his dad was an abusive alcoholic.
confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Booth's Past Empty Re: Booth's Past

Post by Aloemilk Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:42 am

I thought about that too when Booth says his dad drank.
But well... I can imagine he loves his dad anyway (just as ForensicMama wrote on her fic), even though he hurt him deeply.

Besides, it wouldn't surprise me if Booth said that to Gordon Gordon (oh how I love him) so he wouldn't have to discuss it any further...
I mean, he's not there willingly. He's going to see Gordon because he HAS to. Being a private man like he is, I can't see him talking openly about that with a shrink he didn't choose to talk to.

And he probably thinks he's over that (over his childhood problems), as well.

ps: and in Woman in Limbo? it seemed like he was in good terms with both his parents when he tells Bren what they used to do... Or then again, he was just denying his problems with his dad.
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3437
Say What You Want : Booth's nickname as given by the cops? Boring, short lived Quark, haha
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:47 am

Aw, thanks Aloe! Very Happy I was just about to say something along those lines.
My fic in the Fanfic section, "A Boy from Philly" describes Booth's past... how his father was an abusive drunk, but he loves him. It's an internal struggle, but just b/c he was a drunk doesn't mean he didn't love him.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:51 pm

it definitely parallels the Jared story with Booth.

Booth loves Jared because he's family, but there are definitely some areas Booth could do without like their drinking problem.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by lena152 Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 pm

i was thinking the same thing the other day. i can't pinpoint it to specific episodes, but i always had the impression booth came from a happy family.
maybe the writers hadn't that part of his character planned out yet. but i can also see booth not wanting to talk about it with gordon gordon, since family is so important to him, no matter how dysfunctional it might be. he'd probably see it as some kind of betrayal to discuss the problems within his family with outsiders. at least the way i see him.
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 668
Say What You Want : DB on my kitchen floor! ;-)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 am

Oh I agree. Very few people know the way I grew up because I don't want people to think differently of me. I'd like for people to take me for who I am and not for how I was raised, if that makes much sense. And Booth JUST revealed that to Brennan that his dad was a drunk. So why would he reveal it to a psychiatrist after only a few meetings? It took him three years to open up to Brennan, so who knows?

Like the thing where Brennan told Booth about her grandfather taking her out of the system. I just always think that it's not totally out of the line of things. I always think that perhaps she lied to him so he wouldn't pity her or think differently of her. Same thing with Booth revealing things to Brennan.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum