Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Many Episodes

+3
DBCrazy
CanadianBones
otismotis
7 posters

Go down

How Many Episodes Empty How Many Episodes

Post by otismotis Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:45 pm

I am calling on the experts as I am already looking forward to Season 4 DVD. How many episodes have been done so far for Season 4? Are they still filming more season 4 episodes? What is the anticipated season finale timeline? Season three DVD had the first 2 or 3 episodes of Season 4 on it. What will Season 4 DVD bring?

Thanks
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

How Many Episodes Empty Re: How Many Episodes

Post by CanadianBones Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:00 am

There have been 11 episodes that have aired so far. I would imagine they are still filming. I don't know when the finale will air - I'm not sure how many episodes were ordered for the season. I don't think there's any way of knowing what the 4th season DVD will bring since the season isn't over yet. I would imagine that the season 4 DVD will contain the complete season, even though some ep's were on the season 3 DVD.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I don't know but a standard TV season, in my recent experience, is 22 episodes. Last year was shortened because of the writer's strike and I believe it was 14 or 15 episodes - so we've got a bit yet to go this season!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:51 am

The season should be at least 22 episodes. I remember after Season 2 was interrupted SO many times by American Idol and then "Player Under Pressure" was pulled, the writers said they wanted to do a whopping 28 episodes for Season 3. Well, since the writers went on strike, that didn't happen. I can only guess that they will do 22 or 23, though.

And yes, they are still filming. They probably will be until April. They had 2 weeks off for Christmas.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:43 pm

In March when FOX ordered S4 several articles said that the renewal was for 20 episodes.
e.g.: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
topic/14865-1031266/msgs.html
(you have to copy and paste the address since I don't know how to create a link)
I guess it would be possible for FOX to order additional eps halfway through the season, especially given the good ratings and the intended 28 eps for Season 3 that Meegs mentioned. But unfortunately, I haven't read anything hinting additional eps.
I'm certainly hoping for more than 20 eps because otherwise we would only have 9 left. And that would be just plain cruel!!! No

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 am

Oh my gosh! I really hope that there's more than 20, too. Why order 20? That's such a TINY number!!! I hope Fox sees the numbers it's pulling in and gives us a break! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 am

Here is what I think......it is correct that only 20 episodes were ordered for season 4. BUT....the writers strike (as was mentioned) muffed alot up. Remember back after the strike Bones filmed more episodes which were season 3 episodes but shown in season 4. Those, from my understanding, are not included in the 20 ordered. Does that make sense? So, in a nutshell, there will be more than 20 episodes in season 4 (I think it will end up being 24). :-)

I have really confused the heck out of myself!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:40 am

bugaboo628 wrote:Here is what I think......it is correct that only 20 episodes were ordered for season 4. BUT....the writers strike (as was mentioned) muffed alot up. Remember back after the strike Bones filmed more episodes which were season 3 episodes but shown in season 4. Those, from my understanding, are not included in the 20 ordered. Does that make sense? So, in a nutshell, there will be more than 20 episodes in season 4 (I think it will end up being 24). :-)

What "season 4" episodes were originally season 3? I didn't know that, cool.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:15 am

CanadianBones wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:Here is what I think......it is correct that only 20 episodes were ordered for season 4. BUT....the writers strike (as was mentioned) muffed alot up. Remember back after the strike Bones filmed more episodes which were season 3 episodes but shown in season 4. Those, from my understanding, are not included in the 20 ordered. Does that make sense? So, in a nutshell, there will be more than 20 episodes in season 4 (I think it will end up being 24). :-)

What "season 4" episodes were originally season 3? I didn't know that, cool.

The Man in the Outhouse, The Finger in the Nest, The He in the She, and The Crank in the Shaft. They were all filmed before the summer haitus.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:38 am

That makes sense bugaboo. So they ordered only 20 eps because they knew that they could also 'use' the last four eps of S3 as part of S4? I like that train of thought... Anything that gets us more than 20 eps is fine with me. I wish there would be some official statement about how many there are going to be. I read on the boneyard that HH was asked to do as many eps for S4 as possible. But I don't know how reliable that info is... Rolling Eyes

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:14 am

loserette wrote:That makes sense bugaboo. So they ordered only 20 eps because they knew that they could also 'use' the last four eps of S3 as part of S4? I like that train of thought... Anything that gets us more than 20 eps is fine with me. I wish there would be some official statement about how many there are going to be. I read on the boneyard that HH was asked to do as many eps for S4 as possible. But I don't know how reliable that info is... Rolling Eyes

But, if SAG strikes.....who knows how many episodes we will actually get for season 4. Sad
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum