Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Haunting past

+5
ToZiKa
VentiGirl
Cassiopeia
Shakari
Kajunblueyes
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Haunting past Empty A Haunting past

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:07 pm

Okay guys.......this is a fan fic that I am in the process of writing on the Fox BY site. I hope that you guys like it, and as I am sure you all know it has to stay strictly PG-13 on that site. Let me know if you like it.

Chapter 1
Brennon was leaning over a new set of bones that had arrived at the Jeffersonian that day. She was deep in thought. She had done this a thousand times before, but this time was really nerve racking for her. She was trying to identify a set of remains brought in from Iraq from the desert storm war. Soldiers had been found from POW camps. The amount of trauma that this particular soldier had suffered was beyond her understanding. How could anyone do this to another human being she silently thought? She had assessed the victim was approximately 20 years old. He suffered multiple fractures to the legs, feet and hands with the final cause of death being a gunshot wound to the back of the head. Signs of torture. Normally she could compartmentalize her feelings. It would bring her comfort to know that somehow she could bring closure to these families, but not this time. This case just hit too close to home. Memories of her past flooded her thoughts and a tear fell from her eyes.
Booth walked in to the building at that moment to drag his partner out to lunch, but he stopped dead in his tracks. He saw her leaning over a set of bones, and he could see that look on her face. A look he knew all too well. She had a haunted look in her deep blue eyes. He knew she was having memories of her past again. Then he saw the tear fall down her cheek. It shattered his heart to see her hurting again, but knew that she would tell him what is going on with her on her own terms. He figured it best just to let her come to him when she was ready.
"Bones" Booth shouted across the room at her "Lunch time" as she quickly wiped away the tear, he pretended like he didn't notice.
"Okay Booth, just give me a minute to gather my things in my office, I'll be right out" With that said she walked to her office. I really hope he didn't see me crying, I would have to answer a lot of questions that I am just not ready to answer yet. I have to pull myself together, she silently thought. Then with a shaky deep breath, she gathered her purse and jacket and headed out to meet Booth.
"Off to the diner" he says happily with on of his famous charm smiles. He always knew how to make her feel better somehow. He places his hand at the small of her back, right where it belongs he thinks to himself, and leads her out of the front door.
Meanwhile Angela stands back from a distance and thinks to herself perfect timing Booth. She knew a little part of Bren's past but not enough. Bren hadn’t even felt strong enough to tell her about it, but she understood, and knew somehow that she would have to get her best friend to open up about her past, even if it was to Booth. If anyone can get her to talk, he can she thinks to herself with a smile as she turns to go back into her office to try and put a face on the soldier that lies on Brennen's table.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the diner

"We haven't had a case in over a week" says Booth, "I know I should be happy, but I am really getting bored, and Cullen has a desk full of paperwork for me. I HATE paperwork Bones."
"I know but I am somewhat thankful, it gives me a chance to get some work done in Limbo. Besides I am working on identifying the remains of Gulf War soldiers right now." At his mention Booth's face went pale. Right away Brennen knew that she had touched on a sore subject with him. She reaches across the table and puts a reassuring hand on his arm.
Booth is confused. If she is working on identifying soldiers, then why was she so upset, and better yet here she is comforting me about it. It doesn't add up. Sometimes this woman just amazes me.
Then his thoughts were interrupted by the young waitress coming to take their orders. They ordered their usual, 2 cups of coffee, a plate of fries and a slice of apple pie.
"Come on Bones you know you miss me, admit it" Booth taunts her. "How can I miss you Booth, we see each other every day for lunch, and sometimes even dinner." suddenly she realizes how comforting that thought is. Knowing that without fail she could always call him, or see him on a daily basis. They had defiantly become friends. Then she thinks back to those 2 weeks thinking he was dead. She couldn't bare going to his funeral. Not another military funeral. She couldn't tell Booth that. Not yet anyway. She silently shrugs off the thought of him not being there.
He sees the turmoil going on in those beautiful eyes of hers and sees the hurt there, but decides not to push it. "So what are your plans for this weekend?" he asks her. "I will probably work at the lab Saturday and then work on my new book on Sunday. What about you? Isn't it your weekend with Parker?" she asks him. "Supposed to be, but Rebecca is taking him out of town this weekend to visit her parents. I will probably just hang around the house and relax."
"I hope not with your beer helmet" She teases him. "Aww Common Bones, I like my helmet" With that Booth gives her one of his brilliant smiles, and puts some money on the table for the check. " You ready to go?" asks Booth?" Yeah" she replies getting up. He guides her out of the diner and back to the lab.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

A Haunting past Empty Re: A Haunting past

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Chapter 2
When they arrive back at the lab, Angela comes straight to the pair. "I have a sketch for you Bren. It is the best I could come up with. I took the liberty of running it through the data base for missing soldiers around the appropriate time frame and got a hit." "Who is it?" replies Brennen. "His name was Andrew Hatch. 20 years old from Ohio. He was in the National Guard...." "He disappeared in December" Brennen finishes for Angela. "How did you know that? "Sweetie, are you okay? You look really pale, maybe you should sit down" "It can't be......."Brennen replies trailing off in her own thoughts. She asks Angela "What about the picture they found on him? Have you been able to clear it up enough to get anything from it yet?" asks Bren. "Not yet, but I am still working on it. Sweetie are you sure you are ok?" Angela asks her. Brennen can feel Booth's steadying hand on her back. She relaxed that she was leaning on him all of a sudden. "Yeah Ange I'm fine. I need to go take care of some things in my office" with that said, she stormed off to her office, leaving a very confused and worried pair standing there.
"Do you know what that's about Angela?" Booth asks her. "It can't be" Angela replies. "What are you talking about? If you know something please tell me." Booth pleads. "I can't Booth, when Bren is ready she will have to tell you herself, besides I only know bits and peices of the story."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Brennen's office

How can this be possible? After all these years? I am going to have to tell Booth, if I don't then surely when Angela finishes with that picture, he will start figuring it out. How can I tell him? Considering his torrid past with the military. It would bring up too many bad memories for him. "Oh God Andy" she silently whispers, opening her desk drawer and looking at the wooden box that held the last thing that she had to remember him by. "Bones what is going on? Are you okay?" asks Booth from the doorway. Brennen looks up startled and quickly closes the desk drawer.
"I'm fine Booth"
"Well you don't look fine"
"Look Booth, I will talk to you, I promise, just not today. I just need some time."
"Okay, I will go, but you have my number, call me whenever you are ready. It doesn't matter what time."
Booth turns to walk out of her office, when Brennen grabs his arm turning him to face her. She wraps her arms around his neck burying her face on his shoulder, and starts to cry violently. Booth wraps his arms around her and starts rubbing her back. "Shh its okay Bones, I am right here. Just let it all out." he whispers in her ear.
Man it is killing me to see her in so much pain. I haven't seen her like this since she found her mother's remains that day. No scratch that, I have never seen her this devastated. I hate to see such sadness comes from my Bones. My beautiful Bones.
Suddenly she pulls away from him and looks up at him. They share a moment of silent comfort in each other’s eyes, then Brennen looks down and whispers "Thank you." It killed him to walk away from her then, but he knew that he had to; she had to process this on her own. He just wished he knew what it was that was hurting her so badly.
As soon as Booth left she turned to walk back to her desk. Sitting there, she started wondering why she did that. She didn't understand why or how she had come to depend on him so much. She knew her feelings for him were beyond just friendship, but she could and wouldn't allow herself to think this way. Acting on those feelings would be betraying Andy and setting herself up for that pain once gain. She would never allow that to happen. With that thought, she reached over grabbed her phone and dialed the numbers that she knew from heart for so long......"hello Martha, its Tempe............
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Chapter 3
"Hello Martha its Tempe."
"Tempe!! How are you sweetheart? We missed you so much"
"Frank!!! It's Tempe on the phone!!" Martha yells.
"So when are you coming visit again? It has been a while and we so look forward to your visits!"
Brennen smiles inwardly, because she knows that Martha genuinely means it. For the last 14 years they were all she had as family. That is until she moved here and Booth showed her that there are indeed different types of families.
Then Brennen remembered her reason for calling and her heart dropped. How was she going to tell them? They had found peace. She was about to shatter that.
"Soon, I promise she replies."
"Hey blue eyes! How are you?" Frank replies.
Smiling at the nick-name that Andy once gave her that had transferred to his dad Brennen replies "I’m doing well.......listen I need to talk to you two. Am I on speaker?"
"Of course! Tempe you sound sad, is anything wrong?" asks Martha
If you only knew she thinks to herself....here goes.....
"Martha, Frank I have something to talk to you about. A couple of days ago we had some remains brought in to my lab for identification. They were from missing soldiers’ presumed from the Gulf War."
"Ohh" Franks sighs, he knew what was coming.
"One of the soldiers was identified. I don't know how to tell you this, but it was Andy."
"Oh my God Tempe, tell me that you didn't have to identify him yourself"
"I did. I know that the findings are correct."
Don't get all scientific on me blue eyes. You forget who you are talking to. I know that this hurts you." replies Frank.
Brennen is amazed. She just told them that she found their son who has been missing for over a decade, and still they are worried about her. She had never known how these 2 people could accept her so openly into their family.
"I am ok. Just taking it one minute at a time" I reply.
"Tempe, how did he die? What happened to my baby?" asks Martha.
Deciding that she didn't need to know all the gory details, she just replies "He was shot."
"Well, at least now we can put him to rest properly. Have a real funeral for him instead of just a memorial." Frank states.
"Yeah, he deserves to be buried like a hero. I will take care of the arrangements. I am thinking that he should be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. A friend told me once that it was a very honorable place for war heroes." Brennen replies.
"Okay Tempe Just tell us when we need to be there, and we will." Martha replies with tears in her voice
"Hey Blue eyes......its okay; we finally can have closure now. You should think about the same." says Frank
Then Frank picks up the phone and takes it off of speaker.
"Have you told your partner about Andy yet?"
"No I haven't found the right time or way to tell him. Frank it will bring up so many painful memories for us both. Frankly I am scared of his reaction to my keeping this from him for so long."
"He will understand Tempe. In fact it will help him to understand so much more about you."
"I don't know what that means"
Frank laughs at this statement.....she hasn't changed much. "What I mean is that he will finally understand why you are so against marriage and family. You see Tempe, You can't fool me, and you don't believe all that mumbo jumbo about marriage being an antiquated ritual and all. You are just scared to death, that if you give yourself completely again that you will lose someone else. And furthermore, I just want to say on a personal note, that maybe this is what you need. Maybe this burial will give you closure as well. You need to move on with your life Tempe. It is what Andy would have wanted. To see you happy again."
"I don't know if I can Frank. I will think about what you said though. Thank you for everything. I will call you tomorrow with more details. Goodbye Frank, Give Martha my love please."
"Goodbye Blue eyes" After Frank hung up with her, he couldn't stop the sobs that were to come. Sobs of loss, anger, pain for his son, and closure. He couldn't imagine what poor temperance was going through. He had hoped that he got through to her, because she is really gunna need someone right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
After she hung up the phone with Frank, she knew what she had to do, but she just wasn’t sure how to do it. With a defeated sigh, and her eyes out of tears, she hugged that folded up flag one last time before returning it to its wooden box. Then she got up to walk out of her office when she saw him standing there in her doorway.
His face white as a sheet when he realized what she was holding in her hands. He knew all too well what that flag had meant. Temperance, his Bones had lost someone to war. With that sudden realization, he world shattered around him, not only because of his own memories, but now he knew that they had more in common than he once thought. Her heart was shattered and he somehow had to let her know that she could tell him. He knew that part of her reasons for holding back were to protect him, but he had to get his bones to open up to him.
"Bones" He says almost in a whisper.........................
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Chapter 4
"Not here Booth, Take me home, then we'll talk, I promise." Booth was surprised that she so willingly asked him to drive her home. He was going to insist given her emotional state, but for her to ask him, it made him realize just how upset she was. That realization broke his heart even more. If she only knew......if he could only tell her.......No! He had to stop thinking like this. He drew a line for a reason. But they had already crossed that line. He had anyway, emotionally. If only.......He looks up then and sees her pleading eyes. She is silently pleading with him to take her home, no more than that, she is pleading with him not to leave her. Did she really think that? Did she really think that when she tells me what broke her heart so badly that I would leave her? I am going to have to fix that, he thought to himself.
"Sure Bones, here let me help you" Booth says as he steps up to help her put her Jacket on.
"I can do it myself Booth" she says stubbornly. This comment makes Booth smile inwardly.
"of course you can, let's go" With that, Booth places his hand at the small of her back to lead her out, but this time he can feel her muscles tighten up under his fingertips. Gently he keeps his hand there. She is not going to run away from me this time he thinks. I don't care what I have to do; I am not going to let that happen.
She feels his hand touch the small of her back and feels that familiar scorch under where he touches, but then she begins to think. I can't let him affect me like this. I have to know what his reaction will be first. What will he say? Will he be disappointed? Will he hate me, or worse will he pity me? II think that is the one thing that I couldn't stand is pity. Not coming from Seeley Booth the man she lo.......wait a second.....where did that come from? She shrugs off the thought as she walks with Booth back to his black SUV.
The drive back to her apartment was made in silence. For that she was thankful. It gave her time to choose her words carefully. She had to tell him in a way that would make him understand why she hadn't told him sooner. Maybe she would only tell him bits and pieces like she had told Angela. No she thought. This is Booth, her Booth....wait her Booth? When had she started thinking of him as her possession? Either way he deserves better than pieces. He deserves the whole truth, and to be honest with herself, she needed to talk about it, and who better to listen than him? Her thoughts were interrupted when the SUV came to a stop. She looked over to him for reassurance, and found it in those deep brown eyes of his.
Not sure of what he should do now, he decided he was going to let her tell him. Then she looked at him with that fear in her beautiful eyes. How could she be so afraid? Didn’t she know that she could trust him?
"Do you want to come up for coffee?" she finally says in almost a whisper
"Sure Bones that sounds good" he replies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bones moves slowly around her apartment fixing them both a cup of coffee. She brings Booth a cup and sat opposite him. She couldn't sit next to him, because she knows that somehow she would begin to look for his arms again, and she couldn't. She had to tell him everything................
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Chapter 5
Taking a deep breath, she lets it out slowly and says to herself Here goes......
"Booth, before I begin I need you to promise me that you won't speak until I am done. This is really hard for me, so I need you to just listen."
Booth looks at her and replies "Of course Bones. Go ahead"
In the past..............
Barely 16 years old, Temperance sat on the floor crying. Her new foster father had hit her again. She knew that she had to get out. Determined not to let him hurt her again, she got up, packed her things in that familiar trash bag and silently opened the window to her bedroom. It was dark out. Around midnight, and it was cold. She shivered slightly at the cold chill entering from the window and she wrapped herself up and slipped out of the window. When she got outside, she wondered where she was going to go from there. Without thinking about it, she started walking, and then running. Running from everything. Her meaningless life, her cruel foster parents, her memories of her parents and her brother Russ......
Somehow, not sure how, she ended up in this park sitting by a lake. There were trees everywhere. She was sitting under a huge oak tree in front of the lake crying violently and shivering from the cold night air. She was not going back there she vowed to herself. She couldn't tell her social worker, because they would just blame her as being a "Problem kid" and put her somewhere else to be treated the same. They wouldn't miss her anyway; all they cared about was that monthly check. Probably wouldn't even report her gone. She then began to dry up her tears, getting a determined look in her eyes. She was going to have to take care of herself. She knew that somehow she would have to find the strength to do that. Then out of nowhere, the silence of the night was cracked loudly be thunder. Great, now where am I going to go? She thought.
"It's going to rain soon" she hears a male voice coming from behind her.
Suddenly she jumps up ready to fight if she has to. There was a guy coming out of the shadows. He was tall, about 6' 1 with black hair and broad shoulders. He appeared to be about 18 or so. Very good-looking she thought. Like one of the "Jocks" at her school. One of the guys that she despised so much for treating her as if she was nobody. She wasn't going to let this guy do it to her. She would fight him before she let him hurt her in any way.
"What do you want, and who are you?" she asked him determined. As he approached her, she noticed that he had the deepest blue eyes that she had ever seen.
"Whoa, relax. I am not going to hurt you if that's what you are worried about" came the reply.
Andy looked at her. She seemed so scared. Like an injured dog. Ready to fight for it's life. What happened to this girl? Why was she so afraid? And better yet, what had brought her out here in the middle of the night in this weather to make her cry so violently?
"I don't know you." She stated bluntly. "I have no idea what your intentions are, but if you don't intend on hurting me or getting hurt by me, then I would strongly advise that you turn and walk away" she said with defiance in her eyes.
He smiles at this and immediately puts his hands in the air. He knew he had to make her think she was in control of the situation. He chuckles to himself and sees the fire in her eyes when he does. He regretted it, but she was so cute. He couldn't help but think. In her tattered clothes, with her hair a mess, and was that a bruise on her jaw?
"Please don't hurt me, I was only trying to help" replies Andy.
"Well thanks, but I don't need your help. Yours or anyone else’s, and why the hell are you laughing at me? I don't find any of this amusing."
If you only knew how cute you are, he thinks to himself not daring to tell her that.
"I don't find it amusing either, sorry." he replies sheepishly.
"Which brings me back to my original question....what do you want?"
"Well, I was just out for a walk, because I was lonely and was dealing with some issues of my own, I thought maybe we could talk."
"Why would I possibly want to talk to you? I don't even know you"
"Well, my name is Andrew, but my friends call me Andy"
"Well I am certainly not one of your friends."
"Aww come on give a guy a chance. What is your name?"
She thought about answering him, but decided against it. Not yet.
"Well okay then, since you won't tell me your name, then how about I just call you blue eyes"
"That is NOT my name. And besides why should I tell YOU what my name is?"
"It's only fair, I told you what my name is"
"Temperance" she said in almost a whisper.
He heard her, but he wanted to make her say it louder. He felt like she needed to begin to trust him, and besides messing with her was just too fun he thought to himself.
"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you"
"I SAID MY NAME IS TEMPERANCE" "Jerk" she mumbles under her breath. Why am I even talking to this guy? Who does this? Comes out walking in the park in the middle of the night when there's a storm approaching. Besides her............
"Hey! What did I do to deserve that?" he asks her.
"I have to go, before this storm gets here."
"Yeah, you should find some shelter. I should go too"
"Thanks for the chat" she replies with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She turns on her heel to leave, but realizes that she has nowhere to go. She wasn't going to let him know that though.
"Anytime. In fact I will be here again tomorrow night, about the same time if you wanna chat again." Why was he hoping so desperately that she would be here again tomorrow night? He didn't even know this girl. And what he did know about her was that she was stubborn, obnoxious, annoying, and had a fighting spirit that he saw in himself for so long. And those blue eyes..........a man could get lost in them.
"Well, have fun walking in the rain" she replies.
"Oh hey blue eyes?"
She turns at this which makes him smile
"That is NOT my name, and I still don't find anything funny."
"Hey I just wanted to give you this."
With that he tosses something at her. Without thinking, she catches it.
"A penny? Wow you must really think I am hard up huh?"
With this comment he laughs. "Not just any penny, a lucky one. Keep it in your pocket, and rub it when you need some luck."
"I don't believe in luck......but thanks."
"I'll see you tomorrow? Same time, same place?"
"In your dreams"
Yeah defiantly in my dreams, those blue eyes are going to be the death of me. He walks away silently hoping that she would show up again. He needed to see her again.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Chapter 6
A cold wet Temperance managed to find shelter in an abandoned warehouse. It kept her out of the rain alright, but it didn't do much for warmth she thought sourly. She dug in her bag of belongings and pulled out a throw blanket that her mother had given her as a child. She knew it was silly to still have this after all these years, but she was silently thankful for not throwing away the strawberry shortcake blanket. It would come in handy now. As she began to snuggle up in a corner on this cold concrete floor she reached her hands in her pocket for warmth and felt the penny. Unconsciously she began rubbing her forefinger and thumb on it. She didn't believe in luck, but if there ever was such a thing then she could really use some right now.
Then her mind wandered off to the park, to "Andy" as he called himself. Why had he been so nice to her? What were his underlying motives? She defiantly wasn't going to see him again. But then again the investigative side of her wanted to......To find out what his real intentions were. Maybe she would. She wasn't going to decide that tonight. Right now she had to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back in the present.......................
Booth looked at her with sad eyes. He could see the pain in her eyes as she told her story. He couldn't help but to think that she hasn't changed much since then. Still defiant, stubborn to a fault, and still has those walls. Even though he was slowly breaking them down. He looked up and saw a tear stream down her face. His hand ached to reach out and wipe it away, but he knew that he had to hold his emotions at bay. This was her time, her chance to open up her story and possibly her heart again. He silently thanked this Andy for taking care of his Bones when he wasn't there to do it.
Brennen shook slightly at the memories. She had to be strong and finish her story she thought. This could take a while. She got up and fixed herself and Booth some more coffee, and then she resumed her story.............................
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7
The next day she realized that she hadn't ate anything since last night. It was already one and her stomach was growling. She knew that somehow she would have to find something to eat. She found herself wandering the streets, but trying to lay low, she didn't need the Buckingtons to know where she was. That was her "Official" foster family. The last one that she will ever live with if she had anything to say about it. She then looked up and saw a man sitting on a bench he had a box of doughnuts. He only ate one then discarded the box. She quickly went to retrieve it, knowing that this wasn't sanitary, but she had to eat.
Andy couldn't stop thinking about the girl from the park the night before. He went for a walk just trying to clear his head. He wasn't sure if he wanted to do this or not, but he decided that it was something that would ensure he had a future..........little did he know. Slowly he walks in to the recruiter's office. It was just the National Guard, so his chances of going to any war were slim at best. This was his best option. His parent's couldn't afford to pay his way through college, but the military would. His grades weren't good enough to get any scholarships, and though he may look like an athlete, he despised organized sports. Not the sport itself, but the people who played them. He watched the "Jocks" and the way they treated people. H vowed silently a long time ago that he would NEVER treat anyone that way. That brings his thoughts back to that scared blue eyed girl from the night before. Who had done that to her? He knew for sure that was a bruise on her jaw. Had someone hit her? How long had it been happening? It would explain the fear that she tried to hide in those deep blue pools of hers. Where was her family? He could tell that she didn't have one by the way she was dressed, or if she did have one, they didn't care much about her. He cursed under his breath. How could someone treat such a beautiful creature that way? Then something caught his eye. He saw her. She was trying to be under the radar, not to be seen, but he saw her. She was scavenging. Eating other people’s leftovers. He was going to have to fix this he thought. Somehow, some way. He decided against letting her know that he had seen her and silently hoped that she would meet him that night.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8
Later that evening.................

Temperance was having an inner battle with herself. Should she go and meet this guy? He seemed nice enough, but why was he so interested in her. She was just a gawky and uncoordinated teenage girl. Her body was just "knees and elbows" as her brother Russ would have described her. She wasn't really sure what that meant, but Russ had laughed when saying it, so she was sure that it wasn't good. She was still wearing the same baggy jeans and worn tennis shoes from yesterday, but decided to search through her bag for a fresh sweater. She may not have had a shower since she ran away, but at least she could look a little descent she thought. In doing this simple act of changing her shirt she came to the realization that she had already decided to meet Andy tonight. There was a kindness in his eyes that she had noticed last night. Something that kind of shocked her. That was a look that she hasn't seen since her parents left. She still couldn't trust him though.....not yet anyway. He would have to earn that. Her trust isn't something that she gives easily anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy was standing in the same spot as last night. Looking at the reflection of the moon as it danced off of the water. It was beautiful he silently thought. He wondered if she would show up tonight. He had been waiting for over an hour, but had firmly decided that he would wait all night. This girl needed someone that would wait for her. Someone to have patience and understanding, and he decided that's exactly what he would do. He wondered to himself again why he had taken such a keen interest in her. He then decided that it was something he had seen in her eyes last night. A pleading behind all that rage. A pleading that someone wouldn't give up on her. Then he saw her. She had a blue sweeter on tonight. Although he was watching her from a distance, he bet that her eyes looked amazing with that blue sweeter on. She was slowly walking skidding her feet in the grass in front of her, never taking her eyes off of them.
I don't know why I am here......this is stupid she thought to herself. He isn't going to be here, He probably told her to come so that he could tease her when she did show up. Just wanting to see if she would come. She then decided to leave, but as she was turning to go she heard a voice........
"Hey blue eyes"
"I told you that is NOT my name" she replies secretly smiling at the nick name and happy that he had shown up.
"Where have you been? I have been waiting here for over an hour."
"Some people do have a life you know." she snapped back.....wait a second did he say over an hour?
"The food is cold now, but we can eat it anyway.....I thought that we could have a picnic. Maybe get to know each other some."
"Why are you so interested in getting to know me?" she asked angrily.
"Well maybe I just think that you should get to know me"
"That's narcissist"
He had a confused look on his face
"It means that you have a big ego, what makes you so sure that I want to get to know you?" She replies hastily
"Well you are here aren't you? That tells me something. Besides I have food......you hungry?"
She ponders this for a minute...as much as she wants to tell him no, she couldn't resist the smell of real food.
"What’s in the bag?" she asks him
"Well I have 2 hamburgers with the works and 2 large orders of fries. whattaya say?"
"Well you can't eat all of that by yourself"
He then smiles to himself. He knew he was getting somewhere.
Andrew then lays out a blanket by the lake under the starlight sky and lays out the food, then, sitting down, he reaches out for her hand. She just stares at his hand for a few minutes her eyes shifting nervously. Finally she puts her hand in his and lets him help her sit.
Knowing of her inner struggle to take his hand, he knew that he had somehow managed to get through to her by her simply taking his hand. What he wasn't expecting was all of the feelings that rushed over him when she did. Suddenly he was beginning to regret his decision to join the army.
"So where do you live?" he asked her. Immediately he regretted that question. She shot back a fiery glance at him.
"None of your business." she replied
"Oookay....Well then let me tell you something about myself. I am 18..."
"I already knew that" she cut him off.
"How could you possibly know that?"
"Your Bone structure"
"Huh?" he asks confused.
"I study the skeletal system. I am going to be a forensic anthropologist"
Wow this girl never ceased to amaze him......beauty and brains. Man was he in trouble.
"Ahh I see. That is an interesting line of study."
"You probably think it's morbid. Everyone else does."
"Actually I am very impressed. I think it's really cool." He smiled at her shocked expression.
"It's just that everyone thinks that I am weird for being so interested in bones. I find it surprising that you don't"
"Well Blue eyes, I think you may find that I have many surprises."
With this he could see her walls slowly beginning to crumble. She was already beginning to trust him.
"Thank you for the food, but I have to go now, my parents will be worried about Me." she lied silently wishing it were true.
"Okay well thank you for your company....I uh really enjoyed it." With that he took his thumb and wiped a bit of ketchup off of the side of her mouth and there gazes locked.
"I......ugh.....I gotta go, thanks again." she replied and took of as fast as she could get up and walk away.
With that thought Andy decided to follow her. He told himself that it was to make sure she made it home ok, but he knew that wasn't true. The truth was he wanted to know more about this beautiful creature...................
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Chapter 9
Andy silently hid back behind Tempe. Not wanting her to know that he was following her. After about a 20 minute walk, He followed her to this abandoned warehouse. He watched her look around to see if anyone was watching as she slowly slid in the door. "Oh my God" he whispers to himself. She was living on her own in that place??? What happened to her family? Where were they and how could anyone in their right minds walk away from her?? Then the realization hit him, that’s why she was scavenging this morning. He knew what he had to do then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, Tempe woke up to the sunlight streaming through the cracks of the warehouse. She had been having wonderful dreams all night. Dreams of a beautiful house, a family of her own, and Andy. When had he weaseled his way into her dreams? She got up yawning and stretching thankful for the meal last night. She had been so hungry....how had he known? Wait did he know? Suddenly she was gripped with fear. If he knew then surely he would leave her too. She had to keep this from him at all costs. But when was she going to see him again anyway. She left in such a rush last night that they didn't make any further plans. Sadly she thought it's for the best anyway. He would have left, just like everyone else.
She opened the front door to try to see what she could dig up for breakfast today, when she saw it......There was a box of jelly filled doughnuts sitting by the door with a note on the box. She picked up the note carefully and read it.
Tempe,
Good morning "Blue eyes". First I will start by saying I am sorry. I know that you didn't want me to know where you live, but my curiosity got the better of me, so I followed you home last night. Besides we didn't even get a chance to plan our next date. Anyways I thought that you might enjoy these for breakfast. There is milk and coffee in the bag, eats up, and then meets me by the lake. It is supposed to warm up today, so we have a big day ahead of us.
Andy
P.S. Don't worry Tempe, I'm not going anywhere. You won't get rid of me that easily. :-)
Oh man.......how did he know about my fear of him walking away? I didn't say anything to him, and I certainly didn't tell him about my parents. It doesn't matter I guess, he knows, and he had stayed. Better yet he wanted to see me again today. A Date he had called it.......wow no boy has ever been interested in me in that way. Calm down Temperance. Do not let your emotions get the better of you. But the way my hand felt in his, and when he touched my lip last night. I was secretly wishing that he would kiss me........wait kiss me? I have never kissed anyone before. Not like that, so why was I suddenly so interested to do it now? It must be that biological urge thing that we were studying in school. Yeah that was it. But why am I so nervous all of a sudden?
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 10
Anxiously Andy waited at their usual spot by the lake for her, only this time it was different, it was daylight, and he knew that somehow he was getting through to her. He just hoped that he hasn't scared her away with his little surprise for her this morning.
As she approached their spot....wait a minute when had it become "their" spot? She was going to have to be more careful. She looked up and saw Andy deep in thought. She briefly wondered what he was thinking about.
"Do you make it a habit to stalk every new girl you meet, or am I just special?" she asks him
Obviously caught by surprise he jumps.
"Oh Temperance you are defiantly special." He replies. At first he was afraid that he did too much too soon, but when he saw the amused look in her eyes, he knew that what he did was right on time.
"So what is this so-called big day that we have together?"
"You'll see, it's a surprise."
"I don't like surprises; they never turn out well for me."
"Well how do you know this one won't if you don't give it a chance?"
"You don't even know me, how could you possibly know what kind of a surprise I would like? Or have you been stalking me for longer than you have admitted to?"
With this comment Andy chuckles. "I haven't admitted to anything yet. Now come on let's get going."
With that, Andy walks over and grabs a young Brennen by the hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That's when it started" Brennen looks Booth in the eyes and knew that she was venerable to him as she had once been to a young Andy.
"He seems like a very special guy Bones."
"He was..........." her voice got softer.
Booth could sense how she was hurting. He couldn't imagine having to identify the remains of someone who was so obviously loved. I Killed him to se her like this. He silently said a silent "Thank you" to Andy for loving his bones enough not to run. He was starting to understand. To put the pieces together. He knew that Andy didn't have any choice but to leave her. When Uncle Sam calls you can't say no. Just as he thought he was beginning to understand, he was not prepared for what she would say next.
Before she began again, Booth took her small hands in his ad looked in her eyes letting her know that he was here whenever she was ready to continue.
At the touch of his hand, she could sense his understanding. That gave her the strength to continue with her story...........
"He took me to the local fair that day.........
"So Blue eyes what do you want first, cotton candy, or popcorn?"
"You know all of that junk food is not healthy for you"
"Aww come on, loosen up a bit. Have a little fun."
"Andy I don't have any...."
"Today is completely on me." He finished before she had the chance to say anything else.
"Besides what kind of a date would I be if I let you pay anyway?"
Her heart leapt at the idea of this being a date.....she pushed that thought out of her mind. Andy was just someone that she could spend some time with that made her smile.
"You know that is a very Alpha-male thing to say"
"Again I say blue eyes you lost me"
"You said that as though the male always has to pay for the date, as though the male always has to pay for everything. You know that there are very successful women who can fully support a man....I will be one of those one day"
"I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that you will be. I didn't mean it as an insult. Look, I'll make you a deal....."
She looked at him with those beautiful blue eyes again
"One day when you become one of those women I will fully let you support me with no objections." He laughed when he was finished.
"Who says that we will be together then?"
"OH MY GOD!!! My blue eyes has finally admitted that we are together!!!" with this he mockingly started to jump up and down making a scene. Temperance started to smile at that, and then her smile turned to a laugh. Soon she was laughing so hard with him that her sides hurt.
When they finally finished she looks at him and said "Cotton Candy" with a huge smile on her face, as if she was doing something illegal and loving the thrill of it.
"Cotton Candy it is"
The rest of the day was filled with laughter and smiles. At some point during the day, she jumped on his back for a piggy back ride and this older couple took a snap shot of them laughing happily with a polorid camera. She then gave the picture to them.
Later that evening they were back at their spot. They were sitting on a blanket with a pizza in front of them. As they ate and laughed, Temperance decided that she should tell him. After all he promised he wouldn't leave right?
"My parents left me Christmas day last year" she blurted out.
"A few days later my older brother Russ left too" I have been through more homes in the last year than I care to talk about, but this last one.......well it was the last one that I will ever go to."
"Is that where you got the bruise on your jaw from?" Andy asks her while lightly touching the spot on her jaw where there were faint reminders of the bruise left. She just nodded and looked at her with those sad eyes of her. It melted his heart.
It was then that Andy leaned in to kiss her; He could see that she was afraid. He whispered to her "I am not going to hurt you temperance" With that she closed her eyes as his lips lightly brushed against hers. The feeling that she got completely over took her. I wonder if this is what it feels like to fall in love. Is this the feeling that so many people have given up their lives for? She never understood it before, but she does now. How is it possible that after only 2 days she could feel this way about someone?
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 10
"Stay with me tonight. Not in that cold empty warehouse. Please." Andy pleads with her.
"I am not ready for that step yet."
"I don't mean sex Tempe. I just mean that I want to give you a safe place......with me."
"Are you sure, because I don't want you to feel like you are obligated to try to help me. I don't want your pity Andy."
"Who said anything about pity? There is no pity in wanting to have a beautiful girl close to me."
"You think I am beautiful?"
"What??? You're kidding right? Of course you are beautiful." with that he lifts her chin gently with his finger so that she will look at him. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever known."
Looking into his eyes, she knows that he is speaking the truth.
"Okay, But no funny business mister!" she says jokingly.
"Come on. Let’s go" with that he stands up and holds his hand out to her for her to take and she does so without hesitation this time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What was really funny.......?” Brennen begins explaining to Booth "is that Andy lived with his parents. The whole time we thought we were being sneaky by crawling through windows, but his parents knew all along........which we found out later."
She smiled broadly at that thought.
"We had both decided to wait until marriage to consummate our relationship."
"Wait a minute!! Marriage??!?? I thought you didn't believe in marriage?" Replies Booth confused.
"I never said that I have never believed in marriage Booth, just that I no longer do........"
"We decided to get married when I turned 18. Andy went off to Boot Camp for six weeks. Then when he returned, we started planning our wedding. He was just in the National Guard, so his duties only included I weekend out of the month. His parents....Martha and Frank took me into their home with open arms. They gave me a family. Then my world came crashing down.............."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Blue eyes" Came the familiar voice behind her. How was your weekend without me? No wait let me guess, you studied all weekend...?"
"How did you know?" she asks sarcastically.
"Tempe sit down, we need to talk. I know that our wedding was planned already, but I was thinking about us having it around the Christmas holidays."
"What Why? Why would you want to push our wedding back? What is going on Andrew?"
"Because I will have leave for the holidays. Tempe my unit has been activated. I leave for Iraq in one week. My God, I am so sorry; I didn't know this would happen."
"Why can't we get married now? Let's do it today."
"Tempe you are still a minor, you would need for your parents to sign off on it, or at least social services. Do you really want to go through them about this? You know that they will take you away from here."
"I can't believe you are leaving......Not now, not when I am finally happy again. It isn't fair."
"Sweetheart I know. I am so sorry, but I have to go. I promise you that no matter what happens, I will find my way back to you somehow, someday. I love you with everything in me, and I will never leave you. I will always be here, in your heart."
"I don't want you to go Andy" and she began to sob uncontrollably.
"Hey, I will be back for the holidays, you will be 18 then and we can get married. You will hardly even notice I am gone with all of the wedding planning you are going to do."
"I love you Andy" unconsciously she began to rub that penny in her pocket for luck.
"The next 6 months went by with what seemed like a snail's pace. I tried to keep myself busy with school and wedding plans. I still remember standing in that store, with Martha beaming at what I looked like in my wedding gown." Brennen begins to tell Booth the hardest part.
"He went missing 2 days before he was due to come home, 3 days before our wedding. I was devastated, but I didn't show it, I had to be strong. For Martha and Frank. We had a memorial service for him, after he was declared dead...............Do you see now Booth? Don't you understand why I couldn't bare going to your funeral? I couldn't do another military funeral, I couldn't watch another guy that I.....................I just couldn't watch them bury you too."
Brennen started to sob uncontrollably. Booth put his arms around her and she buried her face in his neck. It all made sense now. Why she didn't believe in marriage, his funeral with no show of emotions, all of it. She had been left standing at the altar in the worst possible way. Oh God how do I make this right for her. My fake death only made it worse. I knew somehow that she was hurting, though she didn't show it. I just didn't realize that I made her world crash down around her again.
Brennen pulled away from Booth and their eyes met. She reached in her pocket and pulled out that tattered dull penny that had lost its shine that it once had.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Chapter 11
They ate in silence for a while, just looking in each other’s eyes. Finally it was Brennen that broke the silence.
"It is late Booth, maybe we should continue this tomorrow." she says
"I thought you were going to spend the day at the lab?"
"I am thinking now that maybe that isn't such a good idea.........You know He promised me that somehow, he would come back to me.......I just didn't want it to be this way."
He saw the tears welling up in her eyes again. He gently put his arm around her shoulder and let her cry silently. After a few minutes, her heard her sobbing slow, and then stops. Her breathing evened out and he realized that she was asleep. He wondered how many times that she had cried herself to sleep like this. First for Andy, then for him. He couldn't stand the thought of being a part of her tears and sleepless nights. Quietly he reached over and put one arm under her knees and lifted her off of the couch. She is so fragile he couldn't help but think. Gently he laid her down in her bed, and took off her shoes. He pulled the blanket over her and kissed her on the forehead. "Good night Blue Eyes" He said in a whisper. Her eyes fluttered open and she took his hand. "Please stay with me tonight Booth. I know that I am asking a lot of you, but I just don't think that I can take the quiet of the night alone."
"I am glad you asked bones.....I didn't want to have to sleep on the couch tonight." he said with a smile. He had no intentions of leaving her alone tonight in the state that she was in. He sat on the edge of the bed and took off his shoes, then lay down beside her. He put his arm under her head and pulled her up on his chest. "Come here" he whispered as he pulled her close. "Close your eyes Bones get some rest."
She couldn't believe how good it felt to be laying on his shoulder. Almost like she fit there. His steady heartbeat slowly relaxed her like the soft rhythms of a gentle song. The only problem that she had now was how she was ever going to be able to sleep again without feeling his strong arms around her. This was the safest she had felt in years. Then she drifted off to sleep.
Booth watched her sleep for what seemed like forever. His Bones. She was amazingly beautiful. If she only knew how beautiful she was to him in every way. One day he would show her, when she was ready. He made a vow to himself that he would never leave her again until they were old and grey. He chuckled softly at that thought.......she would still be beautiful.......slowly he drifted off for the best sleep he would ever have.....

Chapter 12
Booth woke the next morning with a contented smile on his face. His Bones was still sleeping, lying in his arms. He reached over and kissed her temple. She looked so peaceful sleeping he thought. He hated the thought of her having to rehash the rest of those memories today, but he knew that if she was ever to let go, she needed to tell him. Not just talk about it to anyone, it needed to be him. If he ever had a shot at breaking down her walls, it was now. Now when she was opening her heart up to him so freely and willingly. He had to ask himself though....Why she would possibly think that I would leave her for her telling me her story?
Just then he could feel bones shifting by his side.
"Morning beautiful"
"Umm" she groans in protest. "What time is it?"
"Almost 10"
"In the morning???!!?"
Booth laughs "Yeah Bones did you think you slept till tell 10 pm?" He thought it was cute how she was so confused in the mornings.
"Not funny Booth, I just can't believe I slept this late......I NEVER sleep late."
"Maybe you just liked sleeping with me" He chided her with a smile on his face.
"You know Booth for a modest man, you really are narcissist"
"That wasn't a no" he joked
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Chapter 13
Brennen knew she was pretty out of it this morning, but she could have swore that she heard Booth call her Blue eyes?? He thought that she was sleeping, but in reality, she was awake, although she had no idea what time it was.........truth be told, I just didn't want to get up. I have not been this comfortable since, well since Andy. Sure I had dated guys since Andy, but none of them ever felt right.....somehow something was always missing. None of them made her feel the way that Andy did.....until now....
She decided to let him know that she was awake and opened her eyes.....then he called her beautiful.......that made her stomach do a flip. Guys told her that all the time, but she still never really believed any of them except Andy, and now Booth. He was really getting to her. and truth be told, she really did not want to get up and not be in his arms anymore..........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to present.........
"It was nice Booth; I haven't slept that well in a long time, thank you"
"You’re welcome" He could feel that awkward silence, so as much as he didn't want to, he pulled away from her and got out of bed.
"Go take a shower and get dressed Bones. When you get out, I will have breakfast ready. Then after we eat, we can go to my place so I can go change, then I am going to take you somewhere."
"Where?" she asks
"It's a surprise"
"Booth you know I don't like surprises"
"You only don't like surprises when they turn out badly for you, and this one I promise you will not."
"I am sure I will like it, but how can you promise that it will not turn badly?"
"Trust me Bones, can you do that?" he pleaded
"I do trust you Booth, more than anyone else."
"Then get your butt in the shower Bones....come on Chop Chop!"
"I don't know what that means."
"It means hurry up!"
"Okay you don't have to yell", she said with a smile. I wonder what he has planned. She knows that he is trying to give her some fun after last night, and he knows as well that she has more to tell him, but he is trying to be patient, and she silently thanked him for that. He knows me well, too well sometimes she silently thought as she headed for the bathroom.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Chapter 14
They were in Booth's black SUV on their way to a destination unknown to Brennen, which Booth was pleased to see was bugging her. He could see the irritated, but slightly amused look on her face as they drove. He knew that it killed her not to know where they were going, but she would have to wait. He was defiantly going to chip away at those walls today. He knew that he was taking a risk at doing this, but it was a risk he was willing to take. He just hoped that it wouldn't blow up in his face.
"Booth where are we going? We have been driving for an hour."
"Patience Bones, we are almost there."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5 Minutes later they arrive at their secret destination. When Brennen sees where they are at, she didn't know whether to hit Booth or to kiss him......She decided not to do either.......yet.
"Booth this is an amusement park."
"You know Bones for the scientist and the brains of our operation; you are pretty much stating the obvious." He smirked.
"I don't understand."
"Sure you do Bones. We didn't have any county fairs, so this is the second best thing."
"Booth......"
"Relax Bones, Relax and have fun. I am not going to ask you for your preference today, because I know that you want cotton candy."
“Chose cotton candy 14 years ago Booth, what makes you think that I will do it again?"
"Simple, first you are a creature of habit Bones, a creature of habit. And secondly, you had an omelet for breakfast."
What does my breakfast choice have to do with anything?"
"It has everything to do with it; you had a salty breakfast, so now you have a sweet tooth."
"How did you know that Booth? I think you have been hanging out with Sid too long." she laughs
"No bones I just know you, I have known you for 4 years now, when you eat something salty, then you want something sweet."
You pay that close attention to what I eat?"
"Of course I do, if I don't, then who will make sure that you eat at all?"
"I don't need you to take care of me Booth."
"Cotton candy it is.........and look here, I have another surprise for you." Booth then reaches in his console and pulls out a polorid camera. He looks at Brennen and sees tears well up in her eyes. Oh man, he took it too far. He just wanted her to remember those days when she was carefree and happy, he wanted to bring back those good memories, and truth be told, he kind of wanted her to have some of those memories with him. If he was being completely honest with himself, he would admit that he was jealous.........of a ghost.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Chapter 15
"Booth, I can't believe that you did this....Where did you get the camera from?"
"I called Angela last night. I slipped away while you were sleeping, I told her that I would unlock my truck, for her to put it in the console and relock it. She did it last night after I slipped back in bed."
Brennen didn't say anything with what seemed like forever. Booth was beginning to get really nervous. Then she opened the door and got out of the SUV. Booth followed her actions and did the same. Then as if shot from a cannon, Brennen ran into Booth's arms and hugged him for what seemed like forever. She whispered in his ear......
"You always know how to cheer me up Booth, thank you for paying attention."
"You’re welcome Bones"
"Now let's go get you some cotton candy" Booth says.
Brennen looks at him with that big quirky smile of hers and says "I am so looking forward to this. I haven't had cotton candy in a really long time." God help him Booth thinks to himself. Her smile is melting him. Then he realized that somehow, along the way, Brennen had broken his walls herself. It was hopeless now. He had to be with her somehow. He only hoped that she felt the same way, though he knew that her wounds were fresh again. He would just have to give her the opportunity to make the first move.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 pm

I like it!
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Yeah, mee to.. A deep deep story.....

Are you going to post new chapters soon? Smile

(I noticed you call yourself Cassie- what's your real name? Smile In the board, everybody calls me Cass... so at first it was confusing for me Wink ) bounce
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:09 am

my real name is Cassie lol..my board name is kajunblueyes
~~~~Cassie~~~~~
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:10 am

Chapter 16
They spent the day together laughing harder than Brennen has in a long time. She ate so much cotton candy, it almost made her sick. It was then that Booth cut her off for fear that her head would explode from the sugar rush. They rode rides, played games. Booth was really good at the shooting game and won her a giant stuffed dolphin. It shouldn't surprise her at how good he is though, beings he was a sniper. Then Booth takes her to the Ferris wheel, just as the sun is fixing to set.
"Excuse me buddy" Booth talks to the ride attendant
"Can you get a picture of us please?"
"Sure thing" he replies.
Just before he snaps the picture, Brennen jumps on Booth's back laughing hysterically. Then the picture is taken.
Booth can't get over her today. She is acting like a teenager in love..........wait a second in love??? Then he recognizes the look that she gives him, the way she has been holding his hand all day excitedly dragging him to different areas that peeked her interest. She was defiantly amazing today he thought. Then he could feel the Ferris wheel start to rise into the air slowly letting other passengers on. Booth and Brennen were sitting next to each other. Their legs pressed together. They could both feel the fire between them and as if on cue, they looked at each other.
Brennen broke the silence. "Booth......look...." As she pointed out to the skyline, they both saw the immanent array of colors coming from the sky as the sun was setting. "Thank you for a perfect day" she says and leans over to kiss him on the cheek, but he turns his face just at that moment and their lips met. Brennen pulled away immediately looking for Booth's reaction in his eyes. What she saw their shocked her. She saw desire and......was that love? The same things that she had seen in Andy's eyes so many years ago.
Booth noticed her inner struggle and decided to take a chance. He would let her know that it was ok, but this had to be her decision. That much he knew. He reached over and gently cupped her cheek in his hand got close to her where their lips were only inches apart and whispered."Don't be afraid Temperance, I could never leave you. I could never hurt you." With that she closed her eyes and met him the rest of the way.
At first their lips lightly brushed. Almost as if testing one another, then her tongue lightly ran across his lips and he parted them. The kiss deepened. As much as Booth wanted to show her all of what he was feeling, he knew he had to hold back, be gentle. Let her have this one. Reluctantly he pulled away. "Bones......Temperance, not that I am complaining, because believe me I am not! But are you sure this is what you want?"
"Is it what you want?"
"Yeah, it is, but I don't want to rush you."
"Let's go home Booth, there is more that I need to explain to you before we take this any further."
"Okay Temperance, I want you to know that I am here, and no matter what you tell me, I am NOT going anywhere." With that said, she looked down. He lifter her chin to look at him with a slight touch of his finger. "I mean it Bones. I am in this for the long haul. I care about you a lot, and could never leave you."
"But you already did once" she whispered
He silently cursed himself again for those two weeks. "I never left you bones, not really. I knew exactly what you were doing and where the whole time. I had someone looking out for you. Not talking to you for those 2 weeks were the hardest days of my life. I felt empty without you. You have to know that. I am sorry, I can't say that enough."
"You had someone watching me? I don't know weather to be frightened or to laugh." she giggles at that.
Then the ride came to a halt and they were let off.
"Let’s go home shall we?" says Booth holding his arm out.
She then puts her hand in his and says "Home sounds really nice right now."
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:16 am

Chapter 16
Back at the apartment................

Booth and Brennen sat on the couch facing each other. Booth gently took her tiny hands in his to assure her that it was okay. "Whenever you are ready I am here." He simply stated.
Big sigh* "Okay here goes." she started. "Booth Andy and I.....we never umm...made love. We never had the chance. Do you remember that conversation that we had at the diner that day about the difference between making love and crappy sex?" He nodded. "The truth is that I never had the chance to learn what the difference is. I deeply regretted for a long time after his disappearance that I held back with him. Since him, I have never had an emotional connection with anyone. I have always kept myself at a distance from people. No one ever bothered trying to break down my walls. I always thought that if someone were persistent enough that maybe.........but that never happened. Until you. You never gave up on me. Just as I was starting to think that maybe it was possible to love again, that maybe it would work out for me, you got shot. My whole world came crashing down around me. My heart shattered for a second time. I couldn't show any emotion to anyone, because I didn't want to seem weak. I had to be strong. The truth is, I cried myself to sleep every night. I was so angry. I was angry at Pam, I was angry with you for taking that bullet, but mostly I was angry at myself. Right before your funeral, I had come to realize that I had lost Andy again, only this time t was you, and it was different. With Andy, I allowed myself the opportunity to be happy......with you I didn't. My biggest regret was that I never told you how I felt....I never showed you how I felt. Then at your funeral, when I saw you, I was so angry at you for hurting me that I figured I would show you exactly how I felt" with that admission she giggles. "I don't want to lose you Booth......I lose everyone that I get close to, but I realized how true that old cliché is "it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all" and the truth is that by allowing Andy to love me the way that he did, he taught me that a long time ago, I just never realized it before. I wouldn't trade my time with him for anything. I want that with you Booth. I want to feel that way again. I want you to teach me how to love and be happy again. When I am with you I feel safe. Teach me Booth.....teach me how to let go........"
With that admission, she was crying, scared of his reaction. He didn't say anything, just looked at her with this stunned look on his face.
"Please say something" When he didn't respond, she got up apologized and said that she would leave........
Booth grabbed her by the arm, turned her to face him, lifted her chin and kissed her with all of the passion that he had been holding back for four long years. After a few minutes, they pulled away from each other coming up for air and he simply stated "I love you Temperance Brennen. With everything in me, and I always have. But the truth is, I can't teach you how to love, because it is you that taught me how to love. I have never felt for anyone the way that I feel for you."
With that Brennen smiled at him....."I love you too Booth. Maybe we can figure this thing out together." With that, she took his hand and led him to her bedroom thinking that this time; she was not going to wait for anything.
When they reached the bedroom, they were kissing so passionately that they both thought that the world was on fire, then Booth pulled away and stopped. She looked at him confused, and he picked her up and laid her on the bed. "Slow down Temperance, I want to love every inch of you, one inch at a time. “Then they were lost in their own world with each other for the rest of the night.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 17
They woke up tangled in the sheets and each other's bodies the next morning. Man she is Beautiful Booth thought to himself. It was worth every bit of the wait. "Good morning Beautiful" Booth whispers in her ear. "Umm let's just stay in bed all day...." she replies.
"Wow, the famous Doctor wants to spend all day in bed doing nothing? I am shocked." he chuckles
"Who said anything about doing nothing?" she laughs and rolls on top of him, pinning his arms.
Two hours later, Booth rolls over and says "You are gunna be the death of me woman"
"I don't know what that means......why would I want you dead?"
"Bones, it is an expression...it means that you are a lot to handle." he smiles.
"I have always told you that I was very talented in bed." she replies matter of factly.
With this comments he laughs and says "well I have a few talents of my own you know."
"I have already seen a few of them, but I think that we should maybe get something to eat. I am getting hungry, and I need for you to have your strength."
"You're right. Get dressed; let’s go grab some lunch at the diner."
Booth looks at her, he could see the worry lines on her face, and knew that something was bothering her.
"Don't worry bones, we won't tell anyone until you are ready."
"It's not that Booth, I was just thinking that tomorrow is Monday. I have to begin making the arrangements for Andy's real funeral." then she has a tear glistening her eye.
"How would Andy feel, if he knew that his return made us find each other? I know it is not logical, but I feel as though I am somehow hurting his memory by being so happy with you."
"Bones, from what you told me of the guy, he seems like he loved you very much and he would want nothing more than to see you happy. If I were him, I would want the same thing. Contrary to what you may have seen in the past with our cases and the people around us, love is not jealous Temperance. Love means loving someone enough to let them go sometimes. He would want you to be happy Bones. He would see that no one will ever love you as much I can and no one will ever take care of you the way that I have and will."
"You once showed me the difference between heart and brains Booth, well, what I have learned is that I love you with all of my heart. I never want that to end."
"I love you with all of my soul Temperance. And it won't ever end."
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 18
Monday morning came all too quickly for Brennen. She dreaded this day. Not only for the fact that she and Booth had parted ways this morning, but also for the fact that today she would have to begin plans for Andy's funeral. She got into her office before everyone else got to the lab, and began making phone calls. She wasn't exactly sure how to line up the military funeral, so she decided to call Booth.
"Booth"
"Hey Booth it's me. I need your help with the planning. I am not certain how to make the right contacts, but I need for you to help me to make sure that Andy has a hero's burial."
"Of course Bones, whatever you need. Let me make some phone calls for you this morning, and I will come by the office and pick you up for lunch okay?"
"That sounds good.........and Booth, I am going to tell Ange about us today, I am really afraid that our partnership will be severed, so I will ask her to keep it between us. At least until after the funeral. That will give you a chance to talk to Cullen."
"Don't worry Bones, I will talk to him today, but we won't have to answer any questions until after the funeral, I will make sure of that. You need this for closure. I love you Temperance. I will do everything that I can for you. I hope you know that."
"I know Booth.......I love you too. I will see you at lunch okay?"
"Yeah, see you then."
Brennen hangs up the phone and looks up to see a very quizzical Angela standing in the doorway of her office.
"Hi Ange.......how much of that did you hear?"
"Not enough I am sure.....so spill!"
"Okay but you have to promise to keep it to yourself, at least for the time being."
Angela looked at Brennen with a disgruntled look on her face. She almost looked like a little 10 year old girl that was pouting because she couldn't get her way.
"Ange, I am serious, no promise, no tell.........."Brennen said with a smirk.
"Fine, now dish......"
"Okay, I told Booth everything Ange. and he didn't leave me, in fact it was just the opposite. He stayed all night. He held me while I slept. Then Sat. he took me.............
Brennen continued to tell Angela the whole story of their weekend. It was followed by a famous Angela squeal that she had obviously been holding in since the beginning of the story.
"Did you tell him all of it? And don't play dumb with me sweetie, you know what I am talking about........"
"Not yet. Ange he didn't run yet, but I am not sure that I can tell him about that, especially since we have an intimate relationship now. It is better at this point to just let him believe.........."
"You need to tell him even more now that you are intimate with each other Bren. You owe him that. He won't run sweetie. He loves you."
"I know .........I just want to wait until after the funeral.......Ange, I'm scared. What if he leaves me too? Like everyone else? I love him so much."
"That knight in standard issue FBI armor isn't going anywhere sweetie......just have a little faith. And I know that you do believe in faith, because you have it in Booth every day."
With that Angela walked out of Brennen's office to let her ponder on what her next move would be.
She began working on some paper work that had piled up on her desk, and before she knew it...
"Bones! It's lunch time!" Booth shouted across the lab.
"You don't have to shout you know, you could just come in my office and talk to me like a civilized person!"
"You think I'm uncivilized Bones? Well I'll show you uncivilized."
With that, he kicks the door to her office shut and pulls her up against him. He can feel her heart beating practically out of her chest, but just before he kisses her, he can see a hint of fear in her eyes. He has seen it there for the past couple of days, and he was sure that there was something else that she needed to tell him, she was just scared. Is that why she was scared he would leave her? He didn't know the whole story. Now it made sense. Shrugging that off, he kissed her very lightly. Just slightly brushing her lips with his. Testing her, making her react to him. He heard her moan ever so quietly. Smiling he realizes that wants to hear that sound come from her lips a thousand times more. Then his lips come crashing down on hers. He picks her up and her legs wrap around his waist. He sets her down on the desk both of them feverishly ripping at the others clothes.
An hour later when they were both done for the 2nd time, they decided it was time to go have lunch. They both tried really hard to make themselves look presentable again, and then they walked out of her office. It seems like everyone else had left for lunch as well. Thank God Booth whispers. He knew the evidence of hurricane Temperance was written all over him.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:17 am

Chapter 19
At the diner.......................
"I've got it set up for you. I scheduled it for Wed. There are a few minor details that I left up to you. Things like pictures, and memorabilia. You know Bones; I think that you should speak at his funeral. If for nothing else, it can help bring you closure."
"I know Booth, but it is going to be hard on me." With that statement, she reaches over and puts a reassuring hand on his arm. "I know that this can't be easy on you either. It won't be easy on you. My talking about how much I loved him. How much I still love him. I am not in love with him anymore Booth, but I do love him. So much that it hurts. I love him for what he did for me. I am in love with you now. I want you to know that. I don't want you to think that you are competing with a memory. At lot of the reasons that I trusted you so much from the beginning is because you are so much like him. You have that same look in your eyes. The look that tells me that no matter what happens, I can trust you."
Wow this woman amazes me. With everything she is going through, she is still worried about my feelings. When did she become a heart person? When did she learn to read me so well?
"Bones don't worry about me now. You need to concentrate on yourself right now. Just let everything flow. Let your emotions take the lead, and know that I am here when you need me."
"Thank you. It means more to me than you will ever know."
"We should probably get back now. Everyone will be wondering what happened to us."
"Yeah."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back at the lab.................
Angela looks up and sees the pair of them walking into the lab. He releases her hand as soon as they walk in the doors, but the gesture doesn't go unnoticed by her. How was she going to keep this a secret? Better question was how she was going to show her best friend what she held in her hand. She didn't want to break Bren's heart all over again, but she knew that she had to give it to her, so she did what any friend would do.........
"Bren, can we go into your office? I have something for you." Angela tells her.
"I was just going to head back to my office."States Booth
"No, maybe you should come too." Angela replies.
"Ange what is it? What's wrong?"
"Nothing is wrong sweetie, just come with me."
They both follow Angela into Brennen's office.
"Do you remember when the.......Andy first arrived at the lab, and we found a picture with his personal affects?"
"Yes of course, were you able to get anything out of it?" Brennen asks
"Sweetie I am sorry.........here" From behind her back she pulls out a framed 5x7 photo that has been digitally reconstructed of a 16 year old blue eyed girl on a very good-looking boy's back. Both teenagers were grinning as though they had just won the lottery.
Brennen gasps. "Ange, you did all this for me? Its perfect." tears were gathering in her eyes as she took the photo from her friend. She gently ran a finger across the face of the guy in the picture. "Oh Andy" she whispers. "Thank you Ange. It's perfect. I can't believe that he kept this with him. All that time, all of the torture, and he hung on to our picture."
"Sweetie, that was probably what, helped him deal with it. Knowing that he had you at home who loved him." With that said, Angela slipped out of the office, closing the door behind her. They needed to be alone right now, she needed Booth.
Without saying a word, Temperance turned to face Booth, and fell into his arms. She cried until it felt as though she didn't have any tears left. "It's okay now Bones, he isn't hurting anymore. You can finally give him the peace of knowing that he made his way back to you." Booth says while he is gently rubbing her back with one hand, the other hand on the back of her head, tangled in her hair. God how he hated to see her like this. He will be so happy when it is over. He couldn't stand to see her hurting.
Finally she pulls away from him and looks up at Booth's eyes. She could see the hurt in his eyes. "I am so sorry Booth."
"Sorry for what Temperance? Never apologize for coming to me do you hear me?" He told her as he cupped her face in both of his hands forcing her to keep looking at him.
"I know that it hurts you for me to cry over someone else......another man, a lost love."
"Temperance that is not what is hurting me. What is hurting me is that I can't stand to see you hurting. In fact, I made a special request for Andy's funeral........I hope you don't mind. I wanted to do something to tell him thank you, thank you for taking care of you when I wasn't around. I asked to be in the firing squad for his service."
"Wow Booth, you are amazing. Thank you."
"You’re welcome blue eyes." He says seeing her smile forming at the use of her old nick name.
"I have to call Martha and Frank. To inform them of the arrangements."
"Okay, I will go back to my office; I have a ton of paperwork to work on. Your place or mine tonight?"
"Yours. We have spent the whole weekend at mine, and I am sure you miss your own bed." she says with a smile.
"It doesn't matter where I sleep, as long as you are in my arms, and I wake up to your beautiful face in the morning, but if you want to stay at my place, then we will. I will pick up dinner for us. I will meet you at my place around 6 okay? If you need anything, please promise me that you will call me."
"I will, and Booth.........thanks again."
"I will always be here Bones, I am not going anywhere, and I hope you know that." He turns to leave on those words.
I hope that you are telling the truth, you may not want me after I tell you the rest of my story she thinks to herself.
Turning to her desk, she picks up her phone and dials that familiar number again.
"Hello Frank?.....................................................
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 20
"Hi Blue eyes! How are you doing?"
"I am doing okay Frank; I was calling to give you the details on the arrangements. We are going to have a service for him on Wed. afternoon. We are going to bury his remains at Arlington National Cemetery. Full military honors. I hope that Wed. is not too soon for you to fly here. I have already taken care of your arrangements. Two first class tickets have already been purchased for tomorrow morning. You and Martha can stay with me."
"It is fine Tempe. Perfect actually. I can't believe that you bought our tickets already. I will pay you back for them."
"I wouldn't hear of it, you and Martha have been so good to me over the years, you took me in like family when I had no one. It is the least I could do. It doesn't even begin to repay you."
"You know that you don't have to repay us for anything. You are family. You are our daughter. How were you able to get the arrangements taken care of so quickly?"
"You remember my partner that I told you about? Well, he used to be an Army Ranger, so he took care of the military side of things for me."
"Remind me to thank him when I see him."
"Is that Temperance on the phone?" Martha shouts from the background.
"It sure is, she has taken care of all of the arrangements. We need to pack though; we are heading for D.C. in the morning."
"Put her on speaker will you?" Martha instructs Frank.
"Temperance, can you hear me?" Martha asks
"Yeah Martha, I can hear you."
"I can't wait to see you! We have missed you so much! I wish it were under different circumstances, but at least we can finally put our beloved Andy to rest like the hero he was. Maybe we can all get some closure from this. That includes you young lady!"
"I am okay Martha really, I am"
Then she hears a clicking sound on the phone..."You still there?" Asks Martha
"Yes, I am still here."
"Good I took it off of speaker. I really hope that you are doing okay, because Temperance I know you all too well. You will try to set up this stone wall around your feelings, and it's not healthy"
"I don't know what that means"
"Don't give me that young lady! You know exactly what that means! Now you go home to that partner of yours and let him comfort you. You will need some comforting. That is an order!"
"Wait.........huh? How do you know about Booth and I?"
"Mother's intuition dear, we know everything. And Temperance? Don't let him get away, and don't push him away. You need to talk to him. Have you told him yet? And you know what I am talking about. He won't think poorly of you for it."
"How do I know that he won't Martha? How do I know that he won't decide that he can do better than me..........I wouldn't blame him if he did......."
"I don't want to hear that kind of talk! No man can do better than you. You are a very special person. If he hasn't left yet after 4 years, what on earth makes you think that he will leave now?"
"I just don't know....I will tell him after the funeral, I promise."
"You are strong.......stay strong and don't be afraid. You need to tell him."
"Okay"
"I look forward to our visit with you, though I don't know how badly Frank will behave flying first class.....that may have been a mistake" Martha chuckles.
"I am sure he will be fine. You will keep him straight. I am really looking forward to seeing the two of you too. I can't wait for you to meet everyone.
"Goodnight dear. We love you very much"
"I love you too."
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 21
Later that night.................
Brennen was lying in Booth's arms, cherishing this moment. Not wanting to think about Andy's funeral or the inevitable afterwards. She would tell him. She had already made up her mind, so for tonight, she was going to stay awake as long as she could to enjoy the feeling of his arms around her. The strength and comfort that they brought to her. She knew that her fears were silly and irrational, but would he......could he love someone so defective? God she hoped so, she couldn't stand the thought of not waking in his arms. He was sleeping so peacefully now. The steady rhythm of his heartbeat, like the most beautiful song that she had ever heard. This feeling that she felt....it was so hard to describe. For the first time in a very long time she felt.........loved. Like he would slay and demons that got in there way. He couldn't slay this demon though. It was hers and hers alone. Another family monster. For tonight she won't think about it anymore, she will just enjoy this feeling, and look forward to seeing Martha and Frank tomorrow. There plane arrives at the airport at 10 in the morning. She couldn't wait to see them. Slowly she drifted off to sleep snuggling closer to Booth. Right here right now, this was the moment that she wanted to memorize. This moment of perfection.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum